Dior Addict Lipstick

4.2

on 3/29/2006 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The packaging of this lipstick is so pretty! It's like a little jewel. I have this in X-pink, a shimmery pink lipstick. In the first applications a bit sparkly, becomes less the more you use it. Don't let the product mislead you into thinking it is too sparkly or glittery. It's just perfect! It lasts well.

on 2/20/2006 12:13:00 PM

Packaging is interesting, as it does resemble a bottle of perfume - but because of that, it's bulky. While the texture's nice, the color selection isn't amazing, and what turns me off most is the very strong rose scent, so much so that although I love the colors I have, including the pretty and tame Rose Scenario, I won't reach for them on account of the smell.

Love the cute packaging - resembles a mini-sized Addict bottle of perfume. The color I have is 797 -'Violet Spectral' which of course is anything but violet. In fact, it's more cranberry red then even remotely violet... but I love the name nevertheless :) Smooth, creamy, moist, texture that silkens your lips and lasts for hours. One of my new favorites.

on 11/24/2005 5:18:00 PM

I got to try these only because I got it with GWP, it was a sample size with a lip brush, I have it in color 489 and 427, a beige and pink color. Compared to other lipsticks, I guess this would be better but it smells lip old age lipsticks. It reminds me of RMK lipsticks in sheer. I'm normally not a lipstick person but more of a lipgloss person coz it gives a much better effect and stands out more. So at such a high price, I probably won't get the full size.

on 10/24/2005 11:40:00 PM

The packaging of these lippies resembles a mini Addict fragrance bottle; so it's unique in that way. The lipstick though is wonderful. I have 384, Rose Scenario, which is a pretty pale pink that's ideal with nude or clear gloss and smokey eyes and 484, Lunar Brown, a perfect creamy pinky peachy brown that I wear almost everywhere. There's a slight rose scent but it doesn't bother me as it disappears a few minutes after I apply it. I will be getting more of these.

on 4/25/2005 2:23:00 AM

I had Dior Addict in Rose Energy and I loved it! This had been my all-time favorite. (I have 30+ lipsticks/lipglosses but I used up this one!). The color was so pretty, the lipstick was so moisturizing and had a subtle shine. I'll definitely buy Addict again, but probably in another shade.

on 2/13/2005 3:56:00 AM

It goes on smooth and the darkroom brown looks natural.

on 8/20/2004 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have the Ultra-shine and I LOVE it!!! Its creamy and just the right amount of glitter!! They have so many pretty colours and though the staying power is not really there, I love to re-apply it b'cos the packaging is really so pretty :)

I dont really notice a scent and I do agree that the glitter tends to stick around LONG after the colour has faded.. but thats fine with me, cos I just look like I have a clear lipgloss with glitter on. It is also very moisturizing. I can still feel the effects long after the colour has faded with lunch :)

on 7/25/2004 1:39:00 AM

Oops, sorry, I somehow managed to delete instead of edit my old review, so this is the same one... again. These are the kind of lipsticks I imagined in my pre-teens all the lipsticks of this world to be. Well-pigmented and creamy, but not too heavy. Scented and with the right amount of shimmer to create the illusion of fuller lips. This lipstick won't bleed or dry my lips out. The coat should last you through your coffee but not through your meals. While the packaging is rather pompous, as you'd expect from Dior (think miniature Addict bottle), I find it quite handy.

Any downsides? First, a shimmery residue will remain even after all the color is gone - and there's just a loooot of shimmer (in some formulas). Second, the rose scent is strong. While it's not as potent as with Chanel classics, it still bothers me a bit. And the colors could do with some improvement, too. Nonetheless, a really good buy.

Edit: The new Ultrashines are sheer and a bit lighter, but similar. They also retain much of the creaminess and the moisturizing factor. Just in case someone is having trouble deciding between the two :). continued >>

on 7/24/2004 2:33:00 AM

I am deffinitely an ADDICT Fan! Wow! This is probably the most luxurious lipstick that I have ever owned. I discover it accidentally while browsing in Sephora & trying on different brands.

I got the #484 Lunar Brown; Which is a great Pinky-brown lipstick, complements my light Asian skin tone ( most pinks wash me out) but this one looks beautiful & natural, goes with everything.

The texture of this lipstick is really great: comfortable& creamy, light, great pigment, & the perfect amount of gloss!

The packaging is so eye catching & spells luxurious all over it. Will deffinitely buy these again, I am thinking of getting these in different colors. A MUST HAVE!

Popular Lipsticks