April 20, 2014 | 921 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Adsiome

A classic. My grandmother used this and only this. The nurses in the hospital commented on her beautiful skin even when she was dying. There may be more modern products around now , but I would feel I was betraying my grandma if I did not have a pot of this in the house at any time.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by SilverRocks

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I am from Germany and have lived in the Seattle area for a long time now. And the weather has taken a toll on my skin.
I was head over heels into Strivectin, then Manuka only to find out that neither was good for my skin in the long run (sam with Coconut and EVOL).
I finally went back to my childhood routine: Nivea....The GERMAN version only. I've tried th US one made in Mexico, however, it was not the same.
My skin is very hard to work with: dry but black heads, sometimes flaky but again the constant pimples. Even though nobody can see that my skin isn't clear once I wear CC cream or MAC powder I now they and start to "try and get rid of them". The next day is usually a nightmare. Flakes, red blotches etc.
My 6 year old son as very sensitive skin also and I slather Nivea on him nightly. No more "bumpies". Is skin is beautiful and so is mine.
I only s Nivea at night and lately used to do what mygirlfriends and I did as teenagers; when I see a pimplr forming I put an extra dab of Nivea on.Sonds strange but works great for me.
I usually have a white Niva face every night, using it as a "mask" and then massage the rest in afte about 50 minutes.
My skin is soft, subtle and no wrinkles (I had a Restalyne injection fo my nose to mouth lines, ence was onlt left with a few laugh lines aond my eyes).
Sometimes less is more. I am a face poduct junkie and have tried La Mer te second it came out but it wasn't a "miracle creme'.
The Manuka oney or raw honey does work occasionaly on pinmples but dried out my skin, Strivectin workd wonders UNTIL they changed the formula and I ran out of options. I used MAC's Strobe creme for about 3 months but it ended up breaking me out.
So I stopped by a little Grman bakery around here and boght Nivea, 150ml for around 5 dollars (the ingredients are in Russian? But the formula is the same as in the version I used all my teenage life back in Germany (btw, I did not have ONE pimple as a teenager).
To make a long story/review short, Nivea ROCKS and I will stick to it (until I get suckerd into some new "miracle" cream for a while;)
Don't be worried to use it on your face (if it is the Geman vesion). You will wake up with very soft and very glowing skin but you will feel a slight film (at least I do but I use a LOT).
Enjoy, Nivea is an oldie but has never let me down. Back to basics for me. Danke :)

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Tee82

Not sure why I stopped using this cream when I was younger but I've only been using a week and some how it has diminished some fine smile lines on my face I was shocked I recently broke out wiv the worst acne of mankind and I've never had a spot in my life so the shock and depression is still around how ever I do have dry patchs on my cheeks so I though let's go back to what I use to do as they do say old is gold it's really calmed the redness of wht use to be a crystal clear skin I'm hoping in time it will be just as good as it is for me now I know it shudnt be used as a facial moisturiser but it's liking me so far will keep you updated ........

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by MomenaKay

Well first of all the i love some of the nivea skincare moisturisers and hand creams because their so affordable and work well according to a specific skin type, but a few months ago I have discovered that since changing my facial cleanser to a non-striping or drying cleanser my previously dehydrated acne prone skin has become more prone to oiliness around my t-zone because the sulfates in my previous cleanser dried my skin out so much that I had been getting small red pimples and oily skin so therefore acne and this moisturiser has been one of the many culprits for my congested/clogged skin. Although the cream was pore clogging, it did relieve my dehydrated side to my skin but it was so very thick and almost felt like a mask film on your skin and although its a shame it took me over a year to find out it was my moisturiser i have been struggling with clogged skin. Since ditching this product my skin has been able to balance its self thanks to my sulfate free cleanser. Overall i would not recommend this product to normal/combination/oily skin. I think the dry/dehydrated skins can get away with the thickness of this cream. I would highly recommend the nivea soft moisturiser with jojoba oil and vitamin e for normal to oily skin

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by cooki3lurv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have extremely oily skin so i probably shouldn't have used it on my face in the first place but nevertheless i got a lot of milia around my nose area.
Except for that, this is a great product! I absolutely love using it on my body and lip! Its so moisturizing and thick!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by idigdirt

I know this has been around forever but I decided to try it about a year ago. I love this stuff! I love the little "skinny tins" I call them that slip so easily into my purse. For $1, what a bargain. I found the big tub of this in the glass jar. I can't remember where I found it but I now cannot find that size. At Walgreen yesterday I got what I call the medium size tub buy one get one 1/2 off. I love how thick this is. At night the last thing I do at bedtime is slather this on my hands and massage into cuticles. I do this throughout the day also after washing my hands. I like the light scent of this also. Sometimes I think it's the old tried and true products that have been around forever that are the best. This is one of them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2013 7:30:00 AM More reviews by imkt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I, too, have the German manufactured version of this ( though I am not all that sure of the overall differences between this and other versions). For me it is the only cream I will use for dry patches on my face. In the evening, I wash with my L'Occitane cleansing milk, applying retiniol and then, after rubbing and warming this between my fingers, I tap it all around my eye area, lips and cheek bones. In the morning my skin is perfect. I have dry skin, but you wouldn't know it as I have really kept it in check with this routine. Highly recommended for those trying to balance their dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Koschira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Grey

In Germany Nivea cream is an item for everything. I don't really think it should be used as daily moisturizer because Nivea has other creams for that. And this cream should be really good for people with dry skin or dry patches. I use this cream in the winter because my skin gets very dry around that time. But I only use it at night before I go to sleep and I would recommend only to use it at night because as a daily moisturizer for the face, hands etc. it really is too thick. In Germany it's really a cream for dry patches or if you have dry skin because it helps you get rid of skin flakes.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2013 9:42:00 AM More reviews by cozycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have dehydrated, combination skin, with the occasional zit, and a tendency towards grease in the t-zone and chin. I use this as an eye cream, on dry flaky patches on my face, as an occasional face mask, as a hand cream and for my scaly elbows. It works pretty well! As a face mask, it works wonderfully, I leave it for 30 mins before wiping it off with a warm, damp wash-cloth, my skin feel so smooth and soft afterwards (I have never left it on my face, it's too heavy to be my face moisturizer,...maybe if you have really dry skin all over)...I also use it to spot treat dry patches around my nose and cheeks. For scaly elbows and dry hands, perfecto as well. My only complaint is that it's quite thick so it doesn't glide on easily under the eyes, I always end up dabbing on too much (hence I use it as a bedtime eye-cream). However, it does moisturize my under-eyes, and most importantly, it doesn't give me milia. This is a BIG deal for me as I have dry, milia-prone skin under my eyes, and many rich eye creams have given me milia, whilst the lighter eye-creams that don't give me milia just aren't moisturizing enough. So far I have stopped using other eye-creams, it's just Nivea Creme under my eyes before bed. I would re-purchase, but I'd like to try Nivea Soft Creme after I run out of this big blue tin, hopefully it is a little less thick and glides abit more easily over the skin.
Btw, if you are acne-prone + oily, never use it on your whole face or leave it on your face, ever...infact don't use it on your face at all! It is so heavy that it could just exacerbate any acne problem. If you are not acne-prone but you get the occasional zit or mild acne, never use Nivea creme on any active acne. For those with combination-dry or dehydrated skin, with minimal to no acne, this stuff is great, worth a try at the very least.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 2:51:00 AM More reviews by blairpeony

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I absolutely adore this cream! It is an amazing product for your face and your body. First of all I like the packaging- it brings that vintage look on my cabinet and I don't find inconvenient at all the fact that it comes in a metal tin..moreover there is no way the lid will come off-unless you do so. The smell is very clean and quite comforting actually. The texture is very thick indeed and spreads out quite difficulty. I have oily skin with acne and I use this moisturizer quite frequently- about 4-5 times a week. It doesn't give me any breakouts and it doesn't cloge my pores. What I like to do is apply a thick layer of it (like a mask) on my face -when -l'm at home of course- and let it sit for hours -I don't usually leave it on overnight-. When I wash my face afterwards my skin is so so so so soft and glowy,brighter and it looks clearer!!! This cream provides the necessary moisturization my anti-blemishes moisturizers won't. This is definitely my go to moisturizer when I'm at home. I don't wear it when I go out because I'm pretty sure I will look like I am sweating non stop.

-I even like to use it as an eye cream - it is very moisturizing,it god rid of some lines and it improved the appearance of my under eye milia!!! Can you believe it? My milia were making me very frustrated and self conscious but now you - I - can hardly see them!! I haven't tried it under my concealer yet though- I'm afraid it will run or crease.I have also noticed that the appearance of my under eye wrinkles is a lot better and some of them have disappeared! This creme is pure magic!! Additionally, it gets rid of any redness around my mouth and nose. I'm not crazy about it as a hand cream because I feel like I can't touch anything afterwards.

As for a body moisturizer I'd say it's pretty good but I need a pretty big amount -as I like to lather my body with moisturizers- and you have to work it really really well to spread out nicely. I originally got my Nivea Creme to use as a hand cream but now it is my favourite face moisturizer. I was reluctant to try it on my face at first because my skin is sensitive but then I thought -hey women have been using this for years and years and all women of the past century especially in the 40's and 50's had gorgeous skin and used to use Nivea Creme and Vaseline..(My grandmother used to use it aswell) so what do I have to lose?? I'm so glad I tried this! Also, I live in Europe and I use the German version of this creme. It cost me 2 euros (the small tin). I'm pretty sure though I will buy the huge one next time!! Overall,this is a great product and you have to at least give it a try..sorry for my very long review but I just had to let people know how wonderful this product is! Good luck !!! :)). Xo. P.s : I just purchased another small tin and it has a summer design with a heart drawn on the sand!! It's so cute!! I picked it up over the water design! Also, the smell is very very sweet and it smells like cookies to me!! :)

******UPDATE****** this has given me eczema.I still cannot believe it.I had been using it for months and my skin looked so great but then one day I looked in the mirror and the corners of my mouth were really red and looked rash-like.a few hours later,it became itchy,flaky,really painful to the point I couldn't open my mouth.Then I just grabbed my jojoba oilnapplied approximately every 20 minutes and the next day my eczema was healed!! I still can't understand why my skin reacted so badly since I had been using it for so long with no unpleasant results! Also my under eye milia are back.... Well I guess I'll just stick to my favourite (which I have grown to loooooove) Jojoba oil.this magic thing is like a savior to the skin. I'm still sad about my beloved nivea creme but I hope it will work for those with not so sensitive skin because it is such an amazing cream!!!!.good luck :)