October 23, 2014 | 848 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Retrohousewife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The best moisturizing creme you can buy. This is better than all other expensive moisturizers. It really works. I use it in my face as a night creme. It moisturizing effectively without breaking me out. I usually have sensitive and acne prone skin and this doesn't bother it at all. I wake up with soft, smooth, supple, plump skin with no fine lines. My husband uses it too. It keeps his face free of wind burn and razor burn. I also use it as a lip balm, eye cream, hand cream, and makeup remover. It also comes in handy to put on feet in winter, heal wounds and minimize scars. I use it as a full body moisturizer. It is best applied to fully dried skin. It doesn't absorb as well on wet skin. This is a truly a miracle product. It smells lovely like lavender, rose, bergamot, and lily of the valley. It's not too strong. This is a true classic. It take a good product to still be around after 100 years. It's such a great deal for this multi-tasking product. I won't be without it. I carry a small tin in my purse, my travel bag, and my car. I always have at least two of the big glass jars at home. I use the formula that it made in Mexico. If you haven't tried it yet, go for it. It will change your life!!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by kasabourin

I like this cream simply for the following : simple, eye catching packaging, its very light, fresh scent, the fact that a little goes a long way and the tub it comes in could last a whole year if you wanted it to, or maybe even longer. It soothes the areas on my face where i use a retin A product which causes redness dryness and slight burning/stinging/itchiness. Its a little on the greasy side though you have to make sure you use sparingly.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2014 1:51:00 AM More reviews by madscientist01

I have rather troublesome skin. I tend to get oily, and am very sensitive (I get a lot of allergic reactions), but also dry and acne-prone. During the winter, I get reallllly bad dry spells. Bad to the point where my skin sheds what looks like dandruff on my clothes. Sorry, gross, I know!

I got this creme to help deal with this problem. The dryness was SO bad, I couldn't wash my face (it instantly reversed all my progress), and had to slather this on my face a good 10 times a day for a good 3-4 days straight. That did get rid of the dry spells, but the resulting breakouts were horrific.

Never use this on your face unless you're desperate like I was.

The packaging is quite unhygienic, and it was reasonably priced. However, I wouldn't buy it again. There are better things out there. Nivea's soft cream is waaaay better.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by butterflybones

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is magic in a tin - used for the right purposes, that is.

My first encounter with this blue tin came during a summer trip to China a few years ago. Despite the godawful humidity, my skin was suffering horribly from dryness thanks to a newly started regimen of Retin-A and a poor selection of what skincare products to bring on a trip. Out of desperation, I went to the nearest drugstore and bought the first familiar product: a small blue tin of Nivea Creme. It had a light, inoffensive smell, and a thick, almost hard texture that meant I had to swirl my finger over the surface to pick up the right amount. I applied it carefully, not wanting to trigger any breakouts, and when I found that my skin could handle it, I began rubbing it over my dry patches whenever they reappeared. Over time, the reapplications of cream grew less frequent as the Nivea helped my skin to retain moisture and repair the delicate barrier that the Retin-A had disrupted. After I returned from China, I gave the remainder of the tin to my mother and returned to using my regular skincare products. My Nivea story does not end there, however.

I recently began college, and the stress over finals broke my skin out HORRIBLY during the last two weeks before break, to the point where I was reluctant to see friends and almost never left the house. My skin was honestly probably at one of its worst points during this time. When I packed to go home for winter break, I decided I needed to keep things light and only brought back an AHA cream and jojoba oil for moisturizers. My daily skincare regimen consisted of washing my face with Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash, then Paula's Choice 2% BHA Exfoliant and then jojoba oil in the day, or AHA cream at night. This simple regimen (along with less stress, good food, and lots of sleep) cleared my skin up immensely, but because I was applying the BHA exfoliant two or three times a day in order to lighten scars faster, and I was afraid to apply the jojoba oil too thickly for fear of breakouts, my skin started getting dry almost all over the place (a truly strange feeling for a girl who's had oily skin all her life). I didn't want to buy an all new moisturizer because I had both my regular and heavy-duty moisturizers back at school - and then I remembered this. The 1oz tin is convenient, slim, and SO cheap, and the formula is just as I remembered it: simple but effective. It won't remove dry patches permanently right away, but keep applying and it'll help moisture stay in and fix those patches. It's too sticky and hard to deal with as a formula for an everyday moisturizer in my opinion, not to mention the jar packaging isn't quite hygienic, but for a multipurpose heavy-duty fixer-upper, you can't go wrong with this stuff. After I get back to school, I'm planning on keeping this tin in my bag to fix any dry patches that pop up anywhere. If you end up loving Nivea Creme for all over, you can buy bigger size jars too, which is nice, but honestly this 1oz tin will last me forever if the last tin was any indication.

Additional info: My tin says "Made in Mexico". Honestly, I don't quite care enough to specially buy the German formulation online; the Mexican formula works just fine for what I need it for.
This stuff is also great on lips. I've been too lazy to get out/find my lip balm so I slapped some of this on, and whaddya know, I can't stop touching my lips. They look AMAZING.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 8:48:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

This creme is good for dry skin, but not great if you really hate residue like I do. I only use it as a hand creme because my face is too break-out prone for heavier moisturizers, but even on my hands, I wasn't a huge fan of it. It had a faint but distinct smell, which may bother some people, and worst of all, it left a oily film all over my hands that took a while to fully sink in. I didn't want to type on my computer or do anything that involved my hands because I wasn't sure if the residue would get everywhere.

On the bright side, it DOES instantly help against dryness. The blue, flat tin is travel-friendly and easy to deal with, whereas the price is unbeatable (I think I got the small tin for $1 or somewhere around there at the drugstore).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 7:14:00 AM More reviews by boredtotears1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Review for the UK version

Obviously we have all read the Creme de la Mer comparison in the daily mail ! :)
That's the reason I bought a little pot - at £2 you cant go wrong really.
I use it occasionally especially in winter when the skin is drier.
I cant say I've used it long enough to compare with CDLM (also I've never tried that particular product) but here are the good uses I found for it

* Hands - leaves hands very greasy afterwards - definitely don't pick up a newspaper after applying this!! It does moisturise well though & good for rubbing into sore , dry cuticles.
* Face - I daren't use it around my jaw line as that area is prone to blocking up & getting angry pimples if I use anything too greasy.
* Eye area - I do use it to dab on a bit of extra moisture around my eyes during the day at work - I'm paranoid about wrinkles now I'm in my 40's so believe a little bit of extra moisture is a good thing. Used sparingly it acts as a kind of moisturising "highlighter" (largely because of the greasy oil slick it leaves behind is very shiny!)
* Inner corners of eyes / eyelids - I've read about this causing milia so Im cautious of using too much, but recently I've noticed a hideous "crepey " texture to my eyelids. I dabbed a little Nivea on for a few nights & it does seem to be a bit better... jury's out on that one though..
* Feet - slather this over your feet , put socks on then go to bed. You'll wake up with babysoft tootsies!
* Elbows - perfect for dry & itchy elbows after sitting in an air conditioned office all day
* Lips - acts as a good lip balm/ moisturiser - as good as vaseline
* Legs - good post shave moisturiser , but as above , be wary of the shine factor! Probably best to apply after an evening /pre bedtime shave , not during the day - unless you want to dazzle everyone with your plastic looking legs!

All in all its a great all rounder & for the price you can afford to slap it on wherever you like! A bit like WD40 for the skin! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2014 2:18:00 AM More reviews by NaughtyChantie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nivea has been around forever and its just tried and true a decent product, nothing special. t is, indeed, thick and creamy - and on me a bit greasy feeling even though other people swear it's not. Good for elbows and knees. Even better during winter when it gets really dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by jessstad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

There's a big difference between the stuff they sell in the US and what they sell in Europe. The US stuff is basically your standard lotion, don't bother. The European stuff is much thicker, and to me you can tell it's designed for a place with cold, harsh winters... This is for people with serious dryness to treat. I have extremely dry skin and this is one of the only things that can soothe it for long. To me it's not that strongly perfumed, and it's not an offensive scent at all. Kind of clean, like a laundry detergent. It's cheap and it works. And I like the traditional tin - I find it easier to pack and there's less risk of it getting squashed/exploding everywhere like there would be with a plastic bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by fazli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have only used the German version, no idea about other.

I use it for lips, generally have lips and around mouth area that cracks very easily, and nivea works very well for it. I can use also yves rocher lip balms, but still need nivea at least to put from time to time for extra hydration.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by arcss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the european version of this magic creme. I've used this since i was a child maybe that's why i don't have negative reactions to nivea creme. I use this on my hand eczema and it almost heals it. It's my undereye moisturizer believe it or not. I dab it on at night and in the morning it's moist and soft. I have used undereye creams but they either puff my eyes or don't do nothing ( or make it worse). Yes i've tried expensive stuff, nothing beats this, but again i tend to puff with almost everything. Hope this helps