September 19, 2014 | 1179 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick - Myth

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by hollydolly24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Eww! If u like ur lips to look like u just put nc15 concealer on them then its perfect! If not stayyyy clear! Im returning this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2011 7:25:00 PM More reviews by McGill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

While reading a few reviews I noticed a lot of people complaining that the lipstick drained all their color and looked very pale. I don't know about other ladies but the reason I would buy a nude lipstick in the first place is to tone down my lip color and make my eyes the focus for the day. I would highly recommend this product for pale skinned ladies that want to have a dramatic eye and pretty, toned down nude lips. IMO this is the perfect nude :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 10:30:00 PM More reviews by gaisgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I have found the perfect nude after a yearlong search for something that would blank out my lipcolor. Here it is, folks!

Pros:

-Beautiful color, almost pinkish.
-Lasts FOREVER on my lips, even through meals.
-Does not dry out my lips.
-Reasonably priced.

Cons:

-None.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2011 3:25:00 AM More reviews by misscal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me start off by saying that I've never been too found of Mac products. It looks cheap to me and cakey, and after my prom junior year of high school it made me break out for nearly 2 weeks.

I must admit though that Mac does offer a multitude of shades and textures of lipstick. Variety is always nice. Then again for $16.50 they damn well better give you a selection. I just recently purchased this and have only used it once since I bought it. The day I used it I didn't think my lips were chapped, but apparently they were because it made my lips look dry and crusty. I took it off, put some chapstick on and then reapplied it and it was fine. I have medium dark hair to my shoulders and wore bronze that day, so the natural lips provided for a nice contrast.

I had a diet coke within an hour of putting on the lipstick (with chapstick under it) and of course the liptick got all smeared so I had to reapply. I'm not sure if that is just what happens with lipstick since I don't wear it frequently, but I must say that it was rather disappointing to me that it did not stay on for at least 3 hours considering how expensive it is.

This lipstick is not the worst quality, so I would buy it again in the future but ONLY for special occasions

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Cyerie

From the permanent line.

A pretty standard nude lipstick. It's around NW/NC 15 or so. Applies pretty opaquely, being a satin, and is less pink than Fleshpot, but close to the same color. I actually prefer this one to Fleshpot (I'm NW15) for the shade, but I wear them both regularly. I think this one probably compliments -slightly- bronzed toned skin as well (in maybe up to NW/NC 25 or 30?).
This goes under any sheer lip gloss for emphasis. It's daytime appropriate, and you don't have to worry about applying lightly, or your lips standing out too much. If I had to choose one lipstick out of MAC's permanent lipstick line, this would be it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2011 5:55:00 AM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

ah Myth, its been a while. I bought this a while back, put it on and it immediately went into my non-used items drawer. Its really unfortunate, until i decided to read some more reviews on mua and saw more positive reviews for this shade.
My creme d'nude was no longer working for me: it's streaky with a sheer coverage.
So i dug out Myth and did what a lot of other ladies suggested and blotted rather than swiped the colour. Turns out to nude out my lips perfectly but not to a deathly white, jusy a healthy skin colour.
I top this off with Bonne Belle Lip Lites in Cappuccino and this makes for a lovely pale creamy nude look that doesn't make me look washed out providing i have liner on.
Really loving this look right now. I find paired with gloss this is actually quite moisturising. Satin is my favourite lipstick formula and the smell is delicious. I love mac!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by RissaXO

My go to lipstick, seriously. i wear this more than any other lipstick/glass i own. I'm an nw20 and it looks great on me. (in my opinion of course.) it makes my skin look more tan, and it looks very natural on my lips. A LOT of people say this is very drying, i don't think so. i actually think it's pretty creamy compared to some MAC lipsticks i own.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2011 3:01:00 AM More reviews by Wendzii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product, earlier last year, and the first time i applied it, i hated it. I dont think I knew much about how to apply lipstick very well at the time. And because of that, I kept this with my other lipsticks which i dislike. And never used it again.

But today, i re-discovered it, and i dabbed it on my lips, and it doesnt wash me out like before, it just looks so pretty. And when I use the dabbing technique, my lip color still shines through. The reason I gave this 4 stars is because, it is a little hard to wear. But that is normal for a nude lipstick (:

The price is high, for a lipstick, but its ... quite ...reasonable.

Overall, I would buy this lipstick again, because,it covers the un-even color on my lips, and makes it look flawless without even trying, if you know what it mean :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2011 7:07:00 AM More reviews by bubbalinax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Firstly, I WOULDN'T recommened this product to anyone who is tanned/olive skinned because IT WILL DRAIN THE COLOUR FROM YOUR FACE - because it is so light.

The consistancy and texture is good, but I do find Mac lipsticks overpriced...

However, if you are looking for an ideal nude (very nude) lipstick this will do!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by CyanideLOVE

I love this colour! After I tried on creme d'nude, which isn't flattering on me, in my opinion, I tried out Myth, knowing this is pretty popular too. To me, this is VERY pigmented, well more pigmented than creme d'nude. People have said it dries out their lips, but my lips seem to be fine, I guess it depends on the chemistry of your lips? I would definitely buy this again.