MAC Satin Lipstick - Myth

castor oil, trioctydodecyl citrate, glyceryl triacetyl hydroxysterate, candellla wax, octydodecanol, silica, jojoba oil, beeswax, sesame oil, ozokerite, carnauba wax, cetyl ricinoleate, microcrystalline wax, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol, vanillin.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great quality lipstick, good pigmentation and staying power, i recomend using lip balm under or a good lip primer. For me the only problem is the color it was to light for my skin. Make sure it's a good nude shade for you, what looks good on someone may not work for you (this was my mistake). I've tried to mix it with other lipsticks and its really nice to tone some down (with pink nouveau it creates a beautiful shade). But that's a lot of work to me, I like to have a lipstick I can just put it on and im ready to go. But thats just me, if you have it and it doesnt work for you I recoment doing what I did, mixing it with other shades.

on 9/6/2011 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am an NW25 in M.A.C, and this is NOT too pale for me, despite what everyone seems to be saying! Goes on pretty opaquely if applied with a lip brush, or straight on to dry lips. If you dab this on to your lips, or use very sparingly, it can look gorgeous. I like to use Bobbi Brown lip balm underneath Myth, not just because it stops dry lips from looking flakey and gross, but also because its always good to add an SPF to your lips! :)
Myth is a surprisingly matte colour, even though it is considered a 'satin', and is quite a dark nude (e.g, darker than an NW20, but lighter than an NW30) which looks lovely on tanned skin!
If you're worried about looking 'dead', don't! Just don't use a lot of this, and don't forget to wear bronzer or blusher :)

on 9/6/2011 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I was inspired to try the nude shade by Kim Kardashian's signature "look". Over all I think dark haired women look nice with nude shades of lipstick, so since I fit the demographic I figured I'd give it a shot.

When I went to the MAC store inside of the mall, it was very crowded and I was on my lunch break. I didn't have time to consult with an associate on the best shade, but I did go through the "look book". I swabbed some this shade on with a q tip and it looked decent enough. So I made my purchase.

I noticed when I actually wore it, it was flaky and not the best pigment (though to give due credit it has a nice shimmer). I've never understood the hype about MAC. I think it is overpriced for such cheap quality. This lipstick proved my inclination correct. I will stick with Sephora brand lip glosses and lip stains.

Probably my favorite nude. Looks great with a pink or coral gloss over or even by itself (use less and blend more if you're using it by itself) and with dramatic eyes.

My lips are pretty pigmented and I find I can easily adjust how much of my lip color I want to mask or block out with this.

I would actually give it 4.5/5, only because this lipstick is not forgiving on chapped, dry lips. Especially by itself. It accentuates any dry areas and just does not look good. I've learned to always use lipbalm beforehand.

Also, though it is technically a satin finish, this one's a bit on the matte side. FYI.

on 8/6/2011 7:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is not a very good lipstick on me on its own. However with a smokey eye and a clear gloss over the top it looks amazing and takes the attention away from your lips and up to your eyes. The reason I bought this though was to tone down my bright lip colours for work. Im NC15 and colours like Morange, Lady Danger, Up The Amp and Pink Nouveau look best on my pale skin. For work I will pair them with a bit of Myth to just bring it down a notch. I know a lot of review are saying it looks like concealer lips... Which it does. However if you just pat it lightly on, it will look a lot better. I also use this after a night out where I have worn a really bright Cream Colour Base on my lips and it has stained. Makes me look a bit more acceptable!

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Other

Eww! If u like ur lips to look like u just put nc15 concealer on them then its perfect! If not stayyyy clear! Im returning this!

on 8/3/2011 7:25:00 PM

While reading a few reviews I noticed a lot of people complaining that the lipstick drained all their color and looked very pale. I don't know about other ladies but the reason I would buy a nude lipstick in the first place is to tone down my lip color and make my eyes the focus for the day. I would highly recommend this product for pale skinned ladies that want to have a dramatic eye and pretty, toned down nude lips. IMO this is the perfect nude :)

on 7/20/2011 10:30:00 PM

I have found the perfect nude after a yearlong search for something that would blank out my lipcolor. Here it is, folks!

Pros:

-Beautiful color, almost pinkish.
-Lasts FOREVER on my lips, even through meals.
-Does not dry out my lips.
-Reasonably priced.

Cons:

-None.

on 7/14/2011 3:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Let me start off by saying that I've never been too found of Mac products. It looks cheap to me and cakey, and after my prom junior year of high school it made me break out for nearly 2 weeks.

I must admit though that Mac does offer a multitude of shades and textures of lipstick. Variety is always nice. Then again for $16.50 they damn well better give you a selection. I just recently purchased this and have only used it once since I bought it. The day I used it I didn't think my lips were chapped, but apparently they were because it made my lips look dry and crusty. I took it off, put some chapstick on and then reapplied it and it was fine. I have medium dark hair to my shoulders and wore bronze that day, so the natural lips provided for a nice contrast.

I had a diet coke within an hour of putting on the lipstick (with chapstick under it) and of course the liptick got all smeared so I had to reapply. I'm not sure if that is just what happens with lipstick since I don't wear it frequently, but I must say that it was rather disappointing to me that it did not stay on for at least 3 hours considering how expensive it is.

This lipstick is not the worst quality, so I would buy it again in the future but ONLY for special occasions

on 7/13/2011 1:18:00 PM

From the permanent line.

A pretty standard nude lipstick. It's around NW/NC 15 or so. Applies pretty opaquely, being a satin, and is less pink than Fleshpot, but close to the same color. I actually prefer this one to Fleshpot (I'm NW15) for the shade, but I wear them both regularly. I think this one probably compliments -slightly- bronzed toned skin as well (in maybe up to NW/NC 25 or 30?).
This goes under any sheer lip gloss for emphasis. It's daytime appropriate, and you don't have to worry about applying lightly, or your lips standing out too much. If I had to choose one lipstick out of MAC's permanent lipstick line, this would be it.

Popular Lipsticks