MAC Satin Lipstick - Myth

castor oil, trioctydodecyl citrate, glyceryl triacetyl hydroxysterate, candellla wax, octydodecanol, silica, jojoba oil, beeswax, sesame oil, ozokerite, carnauba wax, cetyl ricinoleate, microcrystalline wax, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol, vanillin.

on 11/1/2011 5:12:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

For Reference, I'm NC 25/30 with Yellow undertones.

I find that if I wear this lipstick alone w/o any lipgloss or any other lipstick color combination, it may come out looking a bit BLAH, similar to smearing some concealer on my lips.

BUT...I do like this color when I pair it with other shades that ae in the pinky coral or pink nude colors, and then I top it off with some MAC Big Baby Plushglass. The color is very clean and healhty pink lips. I love it.

The consistency of the Myth lipstick is smooth and it does last a while on my lips. The packaging is simple (black and silver) and compact. No frills.

I do recommend this lipstick. And for girls that can wear this alone, I am jealous..;)

I love this lipstick its soo pretty with my dark eye makeup. Im nc30 and it covers my lips well, comes on as a very very pale peach. The only thing I hate is that it doesnt last long at all. I maybe get 1 hour wear out of it. However if your into the natural look and hardly wear any other makeup you probably wouldnt like this as it doesnt look good with a naked face

on 10/16/2011 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have literally used about 15 of these lipsticks!! I adore this colour, and buy a few at once so i don't run out! It is such a perfect shade for paler skin (I'm NW20) and I don't think there are any dupes for this out there. I like to apply mine over a pale pink lipliner to give it a pinkish colour. Soooo pretty, i also like to layer Florabundance lipglass over this, the perfect match in my opinion.

on 10/11/2011 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I went to MAC yesterday because I had some B2M's to turn in and since I'm always on the hunt for a nude lipstick I figured I'd give Myth a try. I had also heard rave reviews on Myth from several magazines. TBH, I'm not sure about this lipstick. I'm NC40 skintone and I find that it is very light on my lips. I will agree that if your looking for that "androgenous look" this is perfect. I did swatched this on the back of my hand at the store, and it looked like a very nude beige w/slight pink undertones so I thought this would be perfect. However when I wear it alone I get a concealer look. The color has alot of grey casts to it. I did apply it using MAC's Hodgepodge liner and topped it w/NARS Turrkish Delight and it was pretty. I'm kinda torn b/c on it's own I don't like it. When I add other colors and a liner to it it's good. A good lipstick IMO shouldn't need other adjustments. I also tried dabbing it on vs swiping it on and it was better. With Myth I find that I could easily achieve the same look by using concealer on my lips and adding a liner and gloss to it. As far as it being dry it is. I would recommend exfoliating your lips prior and also use chapstick before applying, because it will accentuate any dry spots/lines. I'm giving Myth 3 lippies b/c I've only tried it once and I feel as though I need to experiment w/different looks before I give up on it.

on 9/25/2011 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hmm. Not too sure on this lipstick. I think it looks lovely on many skin tones and me being very fair my mother always jokes that I look like a zombie when I wear it. Quite off putting, but I'm sure she's joking.(or is she?..) Anyway, the lipstick is quite drying which isn't the best for my overly chapped lips(still on the search for a HG lip balm..) I always match it with dark eye shadows and don't really tend to wear it for an everyday look as it does look very un-natural(not that many MAC lipsticks do) i tend to reach for it on nights out okay i should stop talking now I recommend anyone to at least try this lipstick I will be purchasing this again.

on 9/11/2011 4:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I like this lipstick its a very good nude for all of us pale ladies! It is quite drying though so be sure to use a balm underneath.. if you dont exfoliate your lips it WILL show up dry patches.
It stays on for a good while, it smells lovely like vanilla!
It goes on to be a matte finish hence the dryness, other than that i really like this lipstick, perfect with dark smokey eyes!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great quality lipstick, good pigmentation and staying power, i recomend using lip balm under or a good lip primer. For me the only problem is the color it was to light for my skin. Make sure it's a good nude shade for you, what looks good on someone may not work for you (this was my mistake). I've tried to mix it with other lipsticks and its really nice to tone some down (with pink nouveau it creates a beautiful shade). But that's a lot of work to me, I like to have a lipstick I can just put it on and im ready to go. But thats just me, if you have it and it doesnt work for you I recoment doing what I did, mixing it with other shades.

on 9/6/2011 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am an NW25 in M.A.C, and this is NOT too pale for me, despite what everyone seems to be saying! Goes on pretty opaquely if applied with a lip brush, or straight on to dry lips. If you dab this on to your lips, or use very sparingly, it can look gorgeous. I like to use Bobbi Brown lip balm underneath Myth, not just because it stops dry lips from looking flakey and gross, but also because its always good to add an SPF to your lips! :)
Myth is a surprisingly matte colour, even though it is considered a 'satin', and is quite a dark nude (e.g, darker than an NW20, but lighter than an NW30) which looks lovely on tanned skin!
If you're worried about looking 'dead', don't! Just don't use a lot of this, and don't forget to wear bronzer or blusher :)

on 9/6/2011 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I was inspired to try the nude shade by Kim Kardashian's signature "look". Over all I think dark haired women look nice with nude shades of lipstick, so since I fit the demographic I figured I'd give it a shot.

When I went to the MAC store inside of the mall, it was very crowded and I was on my lunch break. I didn't have time to consult with an associate on the best shade, but I did go through the "look book". I swabbed some this shade on with a q tip and it looked decent enough. So I made my purchase.

I noticed when I actually wore it, it was flaky and not the best pigment (though to give due credit it has a nice shimmer). I've never understood the hype about MAC. I think it is overpriced for such cheap quality. This lipstick proved my inclination correct. I will stick with Sephora brand lip glosses and lip stains.

Probably my favorite nude. Looks great with a pink or coral gloss over or even by itself (use less and blend more if you're using it by itself) and with dramatic eyes.

My lips are pretty pigmented and I find I can easily adjust how much of my lip color I want to mask or block out with this.

I would actually give it 4.5/5, only because this lipstick is not forgiving on chapped, dry lips. Especially by itself. It accentuates any dry areas and just does not look good. I've learned to always use lipbalm beforehand.

Also, though it is technically a satin finish, this one's a bit on the matte side. FYI.

Popular Lipsticks