October 20, 2014 | 1489 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - TruBlend Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2008 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Savvy890

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

pros:
has a good coverage
cons:
the pad sucks

has parabens

has little bubbles in it (its hard to explain(

needless to say i gave it to my friend

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2008 1:30:00 PM More reviews by envime

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't use foundation just a pressed powder for light coverage and oil absorption. This powder is pretty cool and does the trick for me. It gives me natural looking, even coverage. You just have to be careful not to put too much or you will get the pale "dead" look.

I don't particularly care for the sponge nor the ugly packaging. I did notice however that they have a new packaging for this formula, still not the best but ok I guess.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2008 4:53:00 PM More reviews by JMIC

This was a pretty good powder that lasted pretty long and was very natural looking. I have rather oily skin, so I didn't expect it to last all day, but It's pretty good. The only problem is the packaging. I have the older style and within 3 days of me buying it, the powder had cracked along with the mirror. So I can't bring it while I travel, which is bad. Maybe the new stuff is better. Next, I would definitely buy the newer compact, the outlast one or one from Revlon.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2008 5:49:00 PM More reviews by MeeshaLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've had a lot of experience with almost every pressed powder you can imagine! Just recently I set out to buy a powder that's easier on the wallet, since I like looking for great deals! This powder was JUST that. I bought it in a medium shade and it matches my skin perfectly! It's lightweight, and doesn't look cakey or feel thick on your face AT ALL. It is definitely something I will buy again and again, as it cleared my face up, since I'd have occasional break-outs due to heavier powders. This powder goes great with bare essentials as well. It's a nice finish to any foundation, and to wear it alone looks great too. It feels like you are wearing nothing, but it gets the job done so well. I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2008 9:57:00 AM More reviews by met451

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My biggest reason for liking this product: it matches my skin tone. I am SO tired of not finding something that looks natural, why don't cosmetics companies figure out that there are people that aren't yellow/pink based, but rather neutral and incredibly fair?! I used the lightest shade of this (whatever that was), and it was a perfect match. My skin looked flawless, but then again my main reason for using makeup was to cover the ruddiness in my face and take care of my oily skin. This accomplished the first part, not so great on the second but I've pretty much given up on finding anything that will. I strayed from this for a while because it does have the potential to look chalky/ashy if used too heavily, however after finding no other matches for my skin tone, I've just accepted the fact that I might be stuck with CG.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2008 12:16:00 AM More reviews by renia22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked this up at Wal-Mart on a whim since I was low on pressed powder & this store had a small selection of products. My skin in on the lighter side, so I usually get the second to lightest shade. This store only had medium or fair, so I went with the translucent fair, which ended up being way too light. And the word 'translucent' is meaningless with this product, it's not translucent but actually offers quite a bit of color. Unfortunatley, not what I was looking for. Went on heavy & highlighted to an almost white color any minor flaking skin or imperfections. A few days later I went and got some Jane colorless powder which I like much better. Wish I hadn't wasted money on this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2008 10:41:00 PM More reviews by hannah16

EDIT: well, i def. wouldn't buy it again. it makes my skin look funny and actually started breaking me out. wtf? practically no makeup makes me break out, but this crap did. and at first it seemed alright, but not anymore. it doesn't have good oil control and after 30 minutes my forehead is greasy and reapplying leaves it cakey looking. NEVER AGAIN. i take back my reccomendation. oh well.

well, i just bought it a while ago and they have it in a new compact and everything. idk if the formula is different, but i def. like it. i used to have the old kind, and remember not liking it too much. this seems different though. its med. seeming coverage and if you put it on w/ a brush you get pretty nice coverage instead of the crap little puff included. overall, its cheap and i'd def. buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2008 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this powder for $3 USD at CVS, because I think it's being discontinued. This powder is just ok. I'm pretty dry, so I have to be careful not to put on too much, otherwise, my face looks like pure cake. I bought the Translucent Fair, which goes on lighter than it looks, which suits my pale complexion. I would've preferred a sheer coverage pressed powder, but I'm also not looking to spend a lot of money, so there's always a trade-off. I agree with some of the other reviewers: the sponge applicator is very rough. I'm going to purchase a kabuki brush, so I can leave it in my purse to apply the powder. It will probably make the coverage more sheer, also.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2007 11:23:00 PM More reviews by settodestruct

I honestly like this stuff. I've used it for a long time and it has never failed me. I would definitely buy this again if I didn't recently get everyday minerals, so now I no longer need this. It's pretty cheap and does it's job. recommended for an average pressed powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2007 7:59:00 AM More reviews by Littlel07

I really wanted to love this product. I like the concept of TrueBlend and how it is supposed to match 97% of all skin tones. I purchased this is Translucent Fair - being winter I am pale and continue to get paler as it gets colder. Nice packaging, terrible product. This was just way to sheer for someone who wants to cover up an imperfection. This was like baby powder. Would be a nice Finish over any foundation but not to be used alone. I will be returning and not exchanging for another CG product. I will stick with my Pur Minerals which works and covers much better!