September 2, 2014 | 1199 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in High Tea

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2009 9:55:00 PM More reviews by misseskite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this lipstick as a B2M because i typically buy DS outlast 12hour lipstick type products. i hate reapplying.

anyhow i went in looking for the right nude lipstick to go over subculture lipliner.

i tried the obvious, creme d' nude, myth, hue. none of it worked. most looked too pale or too "foundation lips".

high tea was actually picked by my husband, and in the tube looked too brown. the color is pretty sheer but still there and the texture of the lipstick is beautiful and smooth. i love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2009 10:59:00 PM More reviews by kilxover

I give a meh to this product. Not a great nude if your looking for that, but it works well over a darker lipstick. I don't have much to say, because I never really use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2009 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Shadowdance

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like High Tea & it works great for everyday natural looks. The color is very subtle, it works great for toning down other colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2009 4:00:00 PM More reviews by zazzle86

I picked this product as a back to mac and I love it. The colour is a shimmery nude and very gloss like. It gives a nice shine to your lips so you dont really need a lipgloss for it. The only problem I had with it is it doesnt last long on your lips so you do need to keep reapply and it wears done quickly do the consistency, However, it is still one of my favourite colours and this hasnt really put me off from buying it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2009 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Cruzsluvr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Kinda on the fence with this right now. I have a few lustre lippies, but this one is..I dunno. I got it because I had read about women with my skintone (NC37) loving this color, and how well it compliments them. I say smeh. The color is lovely, but you can't see it unless you really layer, and maybe even use a lip primer. I've also got got NYX Iced Mocha, the lippie stick, and while it's not close, NYX is more of a cool base, it reminded me of Iced Mocha when I first applied it. I don't know, I'll play with it some more and see how I feel.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2009 4:36:00 PM More reviews by SixtyLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

High Tea is my every day go to Lippy for work. At my job I'm not allowed to wear heavy duty lipstick or eyeshadow colours, so I play with Neutrals most of the time.

I was really struggling to find a nude lippy that I really liked and could deal with wearing every day that didnt make me look freakky.. lol. Then I came across High Tea. Its got a really frosty, barely visible look when you put it on and even thought its not a "glaze" lipstick, it gives my lips that kind of effect. It looks so nice on pigmented lips, but also works on paler toned lips too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2009 6:42:00 AM More reviews by zvrkmiki

I got this as an on line recommendation (mac web site chat) from MA. I have never seen it before. I needed every day, neutral color. Oh my GOD! Fantastic! Peachy, bronzy, pinky light color. Luster formula so hydrating, so soft! It is a luster, but is a little bit frosty, but in a nice way : ). Great for dark eyes look.
Would repurchase, definitely!
NC 25, for reference

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2009 9:35:00 PM More reviews by facebylace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like High Tea because it's a very natural looking nude lipstick. My skin is fair and when I wear this lipstick it doesn't look that great because the brown in it really stands out. However, when I am tan, it looks amazing. Very natural & sheer. Definitely a product to try.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Rholynn

Still searching for the perfect lip liner for this one ....it looks great atop many lippies to tone them down but it's very sheer by itself.. If anyone finds a great liner to pair with this let me knows!!!! Nc35-37 for ref

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2009 11:23:00 PM More reviews by abrad1967

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a sheer peach/nude color. It's a lustre, so the color payoff isn't that great but it's moisturizing. I use it more like a gloss than a lipstick. Love the scent.