November 28, 2014 | 1953 users online

Concealers - Lancome - Effacernes

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by KrisLaurin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great product which actually does the work all concealers are supposed to do - however, not all of them work on dark under eyes, shadows around the nose, below the lower lip, on red spots, pimples - you name it. My skin's dry but this one doesn't make it dryer, yet it has a great concealing power. And it stays long. A shop assistant recommended covering it with foundation but I always wear the concealer on top of everything else - this makes it most effective for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 2:35:00 AM More reviews by Jerilyn89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I would say this is one of, if not THEE best concealer I have ever used. And let me tell you, I have tried A LOT of concealers! I was born with hereditary dark circles, puffiness, and thin under-eye skin. They are the kind of circles that if I don't cover them, people are asking me if I'm ok all day. They are quite embarrassing. But this product has by far out-shined the rest. The color "Light Buff" works very well on my NC15 skin tone. It is a bit darker/more yellow than my actual skin, but over the purpleness of my under-eye area it looks like a perfect match. It starts out very creamy/liquidy to blend out, but then after it sits for a bit it sets, which I LOVE. Even though I tend to have dry skin, it is not overly drying. It is just dry enough to stay in place, unlike some of those cream concealers that just move/slide all over the place until they are rubbed off by the end of the day. The coverage is also very build-able. Lay down a layer, let it dry/set, and then put another layer on if you need it. I don't think they have the most amazing shade range, so that may be the only difficulty I see some people having. But besides that, if you are on the fence about this product, JUST TRY IT! Or get a sample if you can. Because it has definitely been a Holy Grail product for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2012 3:45:00 AM More reviews by lostintheshadow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Expensive, but does it's job well. Brightens my eyes and makes me look so much more well rested.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 9:06:00 PM More reviews by sonshinex3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

To be honest, I first hesitated before I got this because it is costly - I am glad I got this. This concealer makes me happy because I am a junior in highschool that works late and wakes up early..thus creating the oh so lovely dark circles. It covers my dark circles well and makes me more awake.

My HG product. Will repurchase until I find a cheaper substitute that will do a similar job.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by GypsyM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have very dark hereditary circles (light, yellow-based European skin) and I have been using this product pretty much every day for 10 years. It offers medium-heavy coverage depending on the amount you use.
When I'm going out on the town, I like to use Giorgio Armani's Master Corrector (the orange one) with Effarcernes over the top and YSL Touche Eclait in the corners and around my circles like a halo. A little powder on top and voila! Yes, this is a somewhat painful process but it works.
FYI, do not use this product without a primer or a good eye cream as it can be quite drying.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by oliviabiba

Well... I heard so much about this and this is really not that good. I mean, it is an okay undereye concealer, but not that great. I think this is better than other undereye concealers in only one point: emphasizing expression lines. Other concealers may accentuate them a little more, but it's not like is a huge different. I guess I notice it just because I look at it really closely when applying. As for really concealing, it does an okay job, but it's not really great - and I don't even suffer from severe undereye circles, I'm very fortunate in that point, most of the days I can get away using just YSL Touche Éclat So, for this ridiculous price, for being so crazy expensive, this is crap. I mean, concealers costing at least half the price could do the same. I want to say that iI don't hate this product, I still use it, but for the price... honestly. Not worthy AT ALL.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by natasha27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Make room for me on this bandwagon :)

I love this concealer. I use it only on my undereyes, as it breaks me out anywhere else. It's a perfect colour match, I think it lasts (warning: I'm not too good at noticing things like this) and it doesn't settle into the fine lines under my eyes, unlike some other offenders *cough MAC cough*

I don't even care about the price - and this is coming from someone who hates spending lots of $$ on makeup. Effacernes is a quality product that does what it's supposed to.

I'm a brown-skin woman and I wear Bronze IV.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Jlhiga83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Expensive, but definitely worth every penny. I bought this about a month ago and I couldn't be happier. I was in search of a concealer to hide this horrible discoloration under my right eye. People sometimes think its a black eye on bad days and running eyeliner or mascara on good days. I had been using the time balm concealer or kat Von d tatoo concealer. It never really hid it, just made it lighter. I came to grips that I would just have to live with it.
After returning some Christmas sweaters :), I found myself at the lancome counter, drooling over mascara and eye palettes. The girl at the counter was super nice and she suggested I try this under-eye concealer. She kept talking about how it was waterproof and that would make all the difference for the coverage I was looking for.
She was absolutely right. You cannot see my 'black eye' at all now. It gives me a completely different (fresher) look. Now i can smudge my eyeliner uner my lower lash line and not look like i've had a rough night.
This was my first lancome purchase besides bi-facil. Somehow I thought it was too old lady and stuffy for my tastes. I guess I made up reasons because it seemed to high end. Well now I know why people love this.brand. I ordered the primer and a foundation since. I have high hopes for these two.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 1:38:00 AM More reviews by MaddyKate93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

My search for the perfect concealer is over.
Bye-bye dark circles!
Usually as the day wears on my concealer fades and dark circles rear their ugly head, but even after long shifts at work followed by a couple of drinks I look as if Ive just had a good nights rest!!
Long lasting, high pigmentation and lives up to its claims, this product is well worth the $53.
I love you lancome!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by silkybuns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Does not crease ever on me but I have to agree with other reviewers that it does not fully cover dark circles, I would say this is light to medium coverage which for me at least is OK because I don't have much to cover. I don't think that the price is crazy expensive, I paid about $30 for mine but it lasted me over a year and a half with daily use.

One thing I want to mention: some reviewers have complained about this concealer looking bad/not covering on their face...UGHH...this concealer is made for UNDEREYES, not for the face, it is called EFFACERNES (effacer: to erase, cernes: undereye circles)...now that I got this off my chest, I can move onto my next review.

19 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No