September 2, 2014 | 1704 users online

Concealers - Lancome - Effacernes

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by GypsyM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have very dark hereditary circles (light, yellow-based European skin) and I have been using this product pretty much every day for 10 years. It offers medium-heavy coverage depending on the amount you use.
When I'm going out on the town, I like to use Giorgio Armani's Master Corrector (the orange one) with Effarcernes over the top and YSL Touche Eclait in the corners and around my circles like a halo. A little powder on top and voila! Yes, this is a somewhat painful process but it works.
FYI, do not use this product without a primer or a good eye cream as it can be quite drying.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by oliviabiba

Well... I heard so much about this and this is really not that good. I mean, it is an okay undereye concealer, but not that great. I think this is better than other undereye concealers in only one point: emphasizing expression lines. Other concealers may accentuate them a little more, but it's not like is a huge different. I guess I notice it just because I look at it really closely when applying. As for really concealing, it does an okay job, but it's not really great - and I don't even suffer from severe undereye circles, I'm very fortunate in that point, most of the days I can get away using just YSL Touche Éclat So, for this ridiculous price, for being so crazy expensive, this is crap. I mean, concealers costing at least half the price could do the same. I want to say that iI don't hate this product, I still use it, but for the price... honestly. Not worthy AT ALL.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by natasha27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Make room for me on this bandwagon :)

I love this concealer. I use it only on my undereyes, as it breaks me out anywhere else. It's a perfect colour match, I think it lasts (warning: I'm not too good at noticing things like this) and it doesn't settle into the fine lines under my eyes, unlike some other offenders *cough MAC cough*

I don't even care about the price - and this is coming from someone who hates spending lots of $$ on makeup. Effacernes is a quality product that does what it's supposed to.

I'm a brown-skin woman and I wear Bronze IV.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Jlhiga83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Expensive, but definitely worth every penny. I bought this about a month ago and I couldn't be happier. I was in search of a concealer to hide this horrible discoloration under my right eye. People sometimes think its a black eye on bad days and running eyeliner or mascara on good days. I had been using the time balm concealer or kat Von d tatoo concealer. It never really hid it, just made it lighter. I came to grips that I would just have to live with it.
After returning some Christmas sweaters :), I found myself at the lancome counter, drooling over mascara and eye palettes. The girl at the counter was super nice and she suggested I try this under-eye concealer. She kept talking about how it was waterproof and that would make all the difference for the coverage I was looking for.
She was absolutely right. You cannot see my 'black eye' at all now. It gives me a completely different (fresher) look. Now i can smudge my eyeliner uner my lower lash line and not look like i've had a rough night.
This was my first lancome purchase besides bi-facil. Somehow I thought it was too old lady and stuffy for my tastes. I guess I made up reasons because it seemed to high end. Well now I know why people love this.brand. I ordered the primer and a foundation since. I have high hopes for these two.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 1:38:00 AM More reviews by MaddyKate93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

My search for the perfect concealer is over.
Bye-bye dark circles!
Usually as the day wears on my concealer fades and dark circles rear their ugly head, but even after long shifts at work followed by a couple of drinks I look as if Ive just had a good nights rest!!
Long lasting, high pigmentation and lives up to its claims, this product is well worth the $53.
I love you lancome!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by silkybuns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Does not crease ever on me but I have to agree with other reviewers that it does not fully cover dark circles, I would say this is light to medium coverage which for me at least is OK because I don't have much to cover. I don't think that the price is crazy expensive, I paid about $30 for mine but it lasted me over a year and a half with daily use.

One thing I want to mention: some reviewers have complained about this concealer looking bad/not covering on their face...UGHH...this concealer is made for UNDEREYES, not for the face, it is called EFFACERNES (effacer: to erase, cernes: undereye circles)...now that I got this off my chest, I can move onto my next review.

19 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2012 9:10:00 AM More reviews by xoj3ss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this product yesterday and I have already made a judgement on this concealer. As an undereye concealer: It is fabulous -- the consistency is nice and it has just the right moisture. As a concealer for the face: Not so much (kind of figured because it's meant under the eyes) though If you choose to use it on your face, use very, very minimal. Overall great product :-)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 12:08:00 PM More reviews by FlawedAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Total HG for me in concealing my dark circles. After trying BB, LM and even Eve Pearl's famous concealer in addition to many d/s brands, nothing quite worked. However Effacernes in Porcelaine I is a perfect match for my skin tone (NW10ish here). It only takes a few tiny dabs and my circles are erased all day. The lasting power is outstanding and it never looks cakey or flaky. It is quite spreadable, but it doesn't budge. As a user tip, it definitely works better over moisturiser. With a little YSL TE on top, my under-eye area looks flawless. Oh and the Effacernes works well as a general concealer for covering some random redness around my nose. The needle-nosed tube is hygienic and prevents product waste. Though it's $29.00 it lasts a long time. Will certainly repurchase.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by lxl0barbie0lxl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The love of my life when it comes to concealers.
Covers my super dark purpleish under eye circles, stays on all day, doesn't look or feel cakey on my oily skin.. I just love it. I can even conceal some imperfections in my face with it and it performs way better than MAC Studio Sculpt.
I set it with a tiny bit of loose transparent powder and it lasts all day.
Just love it.

Downside? It is quite expensive to me. 30-something €uros for not so much product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by westberger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this product! I have slight dehydration around my eyes (trying to drink more water!) and genetic slim slight dark circles/socket line and have tried tons of brands most of which highlight problems rather than mask them.

The trick with this product is to basically finish all of your make up - yes that means throwing away the rule book of concealer/foundation/powder - and literally applying the smallest amount possible right at the end of your make up routine. Less is more, put it on with a small concealer brush (squeeze a small amount onto a fingertip and take the product from there) and gently blend with a clean foundation brush thereafter. Try not to powder the eye area before or after as it interferes with the result which should be a smooth looking fresh under eye area. Not cakey. It takes practice to not overload/layer the product but once you get the knack there's no looking back!