April 16, 2014 | 1560 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Cristalle

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2006 9:15:00 AM More reviews by cristalle65

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Could you have guessed this would be a positive review? I agree with Lividia on every point. I can wear this anywhere. Where I used to work we weren't supposed to wear any perfume... of course I did anyway and I was complimented constantly on how good I smelled, by staff and clients alike. My mom has asthma and while she won't wear it she really likes it on me. It is such a clean and fresh fragrance without any cloying notes and no one note predominating on me. I like aldehyde-type fragrances. This one does it for me, I get some every year or more often, I am afraid they will stop making it as it isn't as popular or well known as the other Chanel's.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2006 11:10:00 PM More reviews by livadia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

(I'm reviewing the EDP version) Though I am always on the look-out for new favourite fragrances (I have tried about 50 to 60 from the time I was 13 and I am 24 now), this is one those that I always repurchase, together with CD's Diorissimo. There are several reasons I like this. First, it is nostalgic. I remember the EDP version came out where I live when I was 14 and I pestered my mother to buy it. (My mother is a fan of Coco and she took me shopping all the time- I suppose I got my fragrance fetish from her- and I badly wanted my own Chanel). Second- I love the fragrance itself. It is citrusy and green without being sharp and is so discreet it makes a great office or weekend fragrance. It isn't as versatile as say Allure but you can really live in this. The EDT (the original from 1974) contains Lemon and is more oakmoss-y while the EDP is sweeter and rounder, with notes of Mandarin and Peach and the latter has better staying power while I consider the EDT a freshener for girls on the move. The drydown is considerably warmer. Third reason for loving this? Chanel fragrances are iconic- there are magazine quizes titled "Which Chanel are you?" and I feel that every perfume fan must have one favourite, if not HG, then at least close. While Chanel perfumes are very popular, Cristalle is like the forgotten step-sister, which brings me to the next point- it is not so common that everyone wears it so it retains some exclusivity. In fact, the salesperson always looks surprised when I ask for it and they have to retrieve this from behind the counter. Bottomline- buy this if you want to smell clean, fresh and rejuvenated with some underlying sweetness (from the Peach and Mandarin) and would like a Chanel that won't break the bank.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2006 4:44:00 PM More reviews by laphenix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a bottle of the EDP as a gift recently. Truth be told--I was a little unimpressed at first but then it really grew on me. It's citrusy without being acidic and green without being sharp. It's fresh and clean, but with an underlying warmth to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2006 4:59:00 PM More reviews by lgriffit

Fresh, lemony, clean, classy. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2006 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Folpin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you want a fragrance that will give you a 'Zing' when you put it on... and then change subtly to a warmer, complex and inhale-worthy scent, then this is for you.

I have been wearing it for 18 years, and altho' I've flirted with other scents, I've always come back to this one.

It has been described as being quite summery... but it is also energising in winter. Go for it all year round is what I say.

I'm glad not everybody likes it, because it means it isn't instantly recognisable and makes people wonder what you're up to... if you know what I mean.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2006 7:45:00 AM More reviews by msmazeppa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've always been fond of Cristalle as I received a form of it, a cooling body veil, as a gift from the company when I answered a survey that came with a bottle of it. This was in the early 1990s; I don't know if they still make the body veil, but I still have it and the original bottle, just a little left in each, and they both smell as good as the day I bought them.

The fact that I still like Cristalle as much as I did almost 15 years ago says a lot for this fragrance. It's a classic and well worth a try if you're looking for a new summer scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2006 6:44:00 PM More reviews by SpinDiva

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow... I wore it in he 70's... and now I'm wearing it again! And i STILL LOVE IT!

It starts fresh and lemony green... kinda bubbly fresh. The drydown pulls kinda kool-aid fruity... but in a good way.

And it LASTS ALL DAY!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2006 2:50:00 PM More reviews by LovelyNo5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This may be fresh and transparent on others, but on me it's sticky sweet, very sharp, very clingy and very unpleasant. I don't get any honeysuckle (which is a fragrance I adore) nor any freshness whatsoever. I've tried both EdT and EdP, and they both clash with my chemistry. I'll just stick to my beloved no. 19 and leave this one to those who wear it well.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2006 10:28:00 PM More reviews by bckbbb

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Aside from the horrible packaging, Cristalle does live up to its name, sparkling, transparents, crisp and expensive. If those ultra cold, modern and sleek famous architectures have a scent to them, then Cristalle will be it because it smells like nothing! An undescribable appealing fragrance so faint that you will want to take a second whiff to make sure you were not hallucinating. So prestigiously stunning that it lacks warmthness. If you want to feel like a radiant white dress goddess who is too good to fall in love, this is the scent that you will love.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2006 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Eryn2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My review is for the EDP, which I find vastly preferable to the EDT (I know, I know, the EDT is a classic, it's the first, etc). Along with the No. 19 EDP, it's my favourite Chanel. I rarely wear either, though, and very recently realized it's because bergamot makes me melancholy. That is a very apt description of this particular fragrance--perfectly balanced, achingly beautiful, warm like the late afternoon as the day moves away from us: Unbelievably melancholy. A Tennessee Williams heroine would have worn this.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No