July 31, 2014 | 1925 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Cristalle

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2007 1:09:00 PM More reviews by libbynan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this fragrance. I've been wearing it for 30 years on and off but I find that I have a hard time locating a store that carries it. It's not an everyday fragrance though. I wear it once in a while.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2006 1:55:00 PM More reviews by renia22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite EDT's, along with it's cousin, Chanel #19. My husband didn't like the Chanel 19 all that much, so I tried this one instead. It's similar to the 19, but softer and lighter. It's smells fresh and light, while still maintaining the classy, expensive aura that the Chanel fragrances are known for. I also love that it doesn't overpower or smell 'perfumey'. Love it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2006 3:11:00 PM More reviews by moonstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After reading all of the wonderful reviews on this site, I had to sample this the last time I went out shopping. I sprayed away without even smelling it out of the bottle first. Big mistake! Instead of clean, fresh, green, olfactory perfection, I got slammed by the sharp scent of pine needles and absolutely nothing else. Perhaps the tester had gone bad, who knows? I had such high hopes...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2006 2:30:00 PM More reviews by ruby_tea_roses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh my goodness this stuff reeks. I love citrus fragrances, but I detected no citrus in this fragrance at all. It smells very sharp and green. Very, very masculine. It actually gave me a chemical headache. This is going back tomorrow! ugh!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2006 3:51:00 PM More reviews by MellyHelly

Cristalle is lovely! I prefer EdT over Edp.
I've been knowing it for years since my mother bought a bootle back in the '70 and I used to spray with it!
What I really like in Cristalle is the fact that it's both fresh/clean AND elegant.
Usually I go for strong intense almost thick scents and dislike fresh type, because of their lack of personality and poor staying power.
Citrus scents usually morph into a acrid smell, but not Cristalle!
It stays teh same way till the end with a beautiful oakmoss base.
It's a scent you can wear at workplace without disturbing anyone and at the same time it's there with you and it's feminine.
I don't wear this for going out at night, but it's perfect for waking up in winter and it makes you feel clean in a crowd.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2006 9:15:00 AM More reviews by cristalle65

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Could you have guessed this would be a positive review? I agree with Lividia on every point. I can wear this anywhere. Where I used to work we weren't supposed to wear any perfume... of course I did anyway and I was complimented constantly on how good I smelled, by staff and clients alike. My mom has asthma and while she won't wear it she really likes it on me. It is such a clean and fresh fragrance without any cloying notes and no one note predominating on me. I like aldehyde-type fragrances. This one does it for me, I get some every year or more often, I am afraid they will stop making it as it isn't as popular or well known as the other Chanel's.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2006 11:10:00 PM More reviews by livadia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

(I'm reviewing the EDP version) Though I am always on the look-out for new favourite fragrances (I have tried about 50 to 60 from the time I was 13 and I am 24 now), this is one those that I always repurchase, together with CD's Diorissimo. There are several reasons I like this. First, it is nostalgic. I remember the EDP version came out where I live when I was 14 and I pestered my mother to buy it. (My mother is a fan of Coco and she took me shopping all the time- I suppose I got my fragrance fetish from her- and I badly wanted my own Chanel). Second- I love the fragrance itself. It is citrusy and green without being sharp and is so discreet it makes a great office or weekend fragrance. It isn't as versatile as say Allure but you can really live in this. The EDT (the original from 1974) contains Lemon and is more oakmoss-y while the EDP is sweeter and rounder, with notes of Mandarin and Peach and the latter has better staying power while I consider the EDT a freshener for girls on the move. The drydown is considerably warmer. Third reason for loving this? Chanel fragrances are iconic- there are magazine quizes titled "Which Chanel are you?" and I feel that every perfume fan must have one favourite, if not HG, then at least close. While Chanel perfumes are very popular, Cristalle is like the forgotten step-sister, which brings me to the next point- it is not so common that everyone wears it so it retains some exclusivity. In fact, the salesperson always looks surprised when I ask for it and they have to retrieve this from behind the counter. Bottomline- buy this if you want to smell clean, fresh and rejuvenated with some underlying sweetness (from the Peach and Mandarin) and would like a Chanel that won't break the bank.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2006 4:44:00 PM More reviews by laphenix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a bottle of the EDP as a gift recently. Truth be told--I was a little unimpressed at first but then it really grew on me. It's citrusy without being acidic and green without being sharp. It's fresh and clean, but with an underlying warmth to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2006 4:59:00 PM More reviews by lgriffit

Fresh, lemony, clean, classy. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2006 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Folpin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you want a fragrance that will give you a 'Zing' when you put it on... and then change subtly to a warmer, complex and inhale-worthy scent, then this is for you.

I have been wearing it for 18 years, and altho' I've flirted with other scents, I've always come back to this one.

It has been described as being quite summery... but it is also energising in winter. Go for it all year round is what I say.

I'm glad not everybody likes it, because it means it isn't instantly recognisable and makes people wonder what you're up to... if you know what I mean.