October 23, 2014 | 1567 users online

Loose Powders - Cover Girl - Professional Loose Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 1:12:00 PM More reviews by MichieKrum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great inexpensive powder to set liquid foundation. It gives sheer coverage and does not go on cakey. It dusts on nicely and blends well into the skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2010 12:01:00 AM More reviews by jenja536

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this only to apply under my eyes to catch any fall out from eyeshadow. For that purpose only it does it's function. It has a strange medicinal or menthol smell that I'm not very keen about but am able to tolerate. Like all loose powders it can get messy. I apply a thick layer under my eyes with a foundation sponge and when I'm done with my eye make up I wipe it away with the same sponge. I use the shade translucent light. I purposefully purchased a much lighter shade to help brighten up my eye area.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2010 12:41:00 PM More reviews by lotsasmiles

I was so dissapointed in this powder, #1 because of the overwhelming strong perfume smell, and #2 for the chalky look that it gave me. I ended up throwing the whole thing away after using it once. Not worth your money!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by danicajonas

This is an okay powder, i have dry skin so it didnt work very well for me it really showed dry patches, and this isnt a good powder if you touch up alot because after the first touch up it will look really cakey. i tried it on my sister and she has normal skin so it worked great for her.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2010 6:40:00 PM More reviews by violetsiva

This is the only powder I can find that doesn't turn orange on me. I tossed the stupid pad thing that comes inside of it and apply it using a brush. I have dry skin and it doesn't highlight my dry areas. Not the best setting powder in the world, but has a good price and does an okay job.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2009 12:24:00 PM More reviews by leira16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm patiently waiting for my E.L.F. powder to arrive so that I can toss this one. It's not the right kind of powder for me. Since I have oily skin, I need one that can control the oilies. And this powder just doesn't do that to any degree. It doesn't blend very well, either.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 1:06:00 AM More reviews by dlamsw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This loose powder is awesome. A little bit is all you need to achieve a flawless look. Truly delivers professional result at drugstore price.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2009 8:09:00 PM More reviews by bmorelikebre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What a surprise for just a few dollars! I bought this before a last minute wedding job and I was short on cash. My only prayer was that the powder didn't turn out too shimmery on the skin and it didn't! I bought the honey shade #120 and it worked great on several skin tones. The bride stayed matte for hours and she just glowed. The noxema smell isn't too bad for me and the sifter wasn't bad either. The only "upgrade" i would have liked would be a screw on top. I can see this being a problem after a while after it shifts around in my kit.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2009 11:16:00 AM More reviews by cinnes225

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The first time I tried this was when I was very tight on money and could not afford my department store loose powder (you know what I mean - we've all been there). I was very pleasantly surprised with the product. It worked well with my foundation, it was very affordable (dirt cheap compared to department store brands), and very easy to find (just about any drugstore or discount store carries it). It soon became my loose powder of choice. I admit I have tried other drugstore powders just to see if there is something better, but haven't found anything that does better for the price.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2009 12:16:00 PM More reviews by bexfromabove

I like that there is a lot of product for what is paid. It is pretty good, however I found that it wasn't as good as some of the other setting powders I have bought. It's good for if you don't want to use your expensive makeup. I love the smell though.