September 2, 2014 | 1450 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Milk & Honey Body Lotion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Would I buy this again? I have gone through so many bottles of this lotion it's ridiculous. Not long ago, I came across some on clearance for half its normal price and I bought 10 bottles.

Why???

I really don't like lotion. I don't like waiting for the greasies to go away, I don't like not being able to grasp anything, I don't like the way my clothing sticks to me after I apply it...yuck. As a mostly oily skinned gal, I don't use lotion much as it causes me to break out. But in the dead of winter, even I need a little something to keep the elephant skin at bay.

This lotion is incredibly moisturizing without being greasy or sticky or oily. It sinks in very quickly and leaves behind nothing but luxurious softness.

And the smell is absolutely amazing. It's sweet, but minty. Fresh, but warm. Natural, but not funky. And it lasts for a very long time on your skin. Every time I wear this, I get tons of compliments and questions about what perfume I'm wearing.

Oh, and also...every time I use it, my cat wants to lick my hands for like....half an hour. Weird. But he's never gotten sick so I guess it really is natural. And apparently, delicious.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 11:38:00 AM More reviews by RedNailz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received this as part of a gift set for Christmas. It has restored my hope in natural lotions! It isn't as thick as I like, so I was skeptical. I applied the same amount as I would use for other lotions and really had good results. It absorbed well and my skin stayed smooth all day. The scent is pleasant and not overpowering.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2009 6:57:00 PM More reviews by perfectflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This smells so yummy like coconut chocolate. I love how only natural ingredients are used because the body easily absorbs chemicals in other creams which are bad for your your health. But this is so natural and leaves my skin smooth.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

I have a habit of slathering on too much lotion, then having to wait an age for it to sink in. Not great for a person with my level of impatience. But with this lotion it doesn't matter - I can be slap-happy because the consistency is light enough to avoid making my skin an oil slick. Yet, even though the texture is fairly runny, it leaves my skin feeling really moisturised, velvety and smooth. And, unlike with other body lotions/creams/oils/butters I've tried, the feeling lasts for a couple of days! I love the fact, too, that it is 98.3% natural, with lots of oils (sunflower, coconut, soybean, canola and vegetable), natural waxes, aloe vera juice, and, of course, milk powder and honey. About the smell: on me it's sweet and milky, with a hint of coconut and, weirdly, a slight mintiness. I've scored it 4/5 because I'd prefer a different smell -something a bit less cloying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2009 10:18:00 AM More reviews by jungleberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow I am surprised by this product. I thought it was going to be sticky but it goes on very runny yet moisturizers deeply. Love the natural scent it leaves too, doesn't bother me if I eat anything.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2009 6:06:00 AM More reviews by mlsnts

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

EDIT: 2 months later and I think this is my HG! I have absolutely fallen in love with this and have just purchased my 2nd bottle. It smells great, moisturizes, natural and animal-friendly. The only downside is its price. AU$20 lasts me about 2 months. It's definitely worth it though!

Smells absolutely divine. Like milk and honey and soap, I can't even describe it! The scent lasts for a few hours as well, unlike most body lotions/creams.

I actually like the runny consistency as I can spread it on my skin more easily. It is also quite moisturizing. Someone gave this to me as a gift and I would definitely repurchase. Pity they don't sell it in a bigger size and it's expensive here in Australia!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2009 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Cecilology

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It moisturizes well, smells wonderful, and goes on/soaks in really quickly. It's great lotion overall, and it doesn't irritate the eczema on my legs.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2009 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Savvy9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a very light weight lotion going on. It feels more watery than creamy. It doesn't really soak in so much as spread out and leave a thin waxy and shiny residue on your skin. There is also nothing pleasant about the scent. I thought maybe it's the kind of product that you see results from over time... but as I continue to use it (and I am determined to use it all haha) I don't see any overall improvement in my skin. As soon as the residue is washed off my skin feels more dry.

I do appreciate that it is paraben and pthalate free and the packaging is made from 90% recycled material and is recycable... and it will be recycled shortly.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2009 6:59:00 PM More reviews by portalhop

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This costs about the same as a B&BW lotion and it works infinitely better. This lotion actually sinks into my skin and provides moisture, without balling up on top. The smell is a little odd and a lot of people dislike it, so smell this before you buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2009 6:30:00 PM More reviews by breezyleezy80

I love the smell. It is a great moisturizer but a little pricey, you pay for the quality of the ingredients I suppose.