Burt's Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

water, decyl cocoate, glycerin, sunflower seed oil, beeswax, fragrance*, shea butter, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate citrate, polyglyceryl-3 stearate, coconut oil, olive fruit oil, grape seed oil, nonfat dry milk, milk powder, honey, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, rosemary leaf extract, tocopherol, beta-carotene, xanthan gum, sucrose stearate, soybean oil, canola oil, lactic acid, citric acid, sodium stearoyl lactylate, sodium benzoate, magnesium aluminum silicate, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, benzyl benzoate, benzyl cinnamate, citral, coumarin, limonene. *natural fragrance

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I really like the idea of Burt's Bees, and salute them for taking a mostly natural approach to their products, as well as being very open about their ingredients.

I wasn't really sold on this product however. It was quite a watery lotion, and not very moisturizing. My skin felt as if nothing was applied even after I massaged a generous amount onto it (dry patches remained just as dry).

Also, I really wish they wouldn't use Sodium Borate as on of their ingredients- it's on the EWG (environmental working group)'s top harmful ingredients, and is much more toxic than parabens or pthalates.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I first received a small bottle part of a gift pack. I later purchased full sized bottle and realized they smell differently. The 1st bottle was weird.. it doesn't smell like milk or honey, but rather a little minty scent. I always wondered if it gone bad. The full size bottle smells much more "normal". A lightly scented lotion which I like, despite of all the bad comments below. I really don't mind if Burt's Bees quit putting fragrances in their products. I will like it even more.

Off onto the lotion. It has a light, runny consistency that I find acceptable. Contrary to other reviewers it's not that runny. It absorbs quickly and leaving my skin soft to the touch w/ no greasy feeling afterward (men will find this great). If you have very dry skin this may not be moisturizing enough for you. But it works great for me in dry and cold Canadian winter. I shave my legs almost daily in the summer, leaving my thighs dry and itchy (even if I re-apply lotion). At night, I have a bad habit of scratching my itchy legs and to find marks the next morning =(. After apply this milk & honey lotion, I never find my thighs itchy anymore.

a month ago I ran out of night cream, and i can't use my day time lotions because they have sunscreen in it. So i put this lotion on my face and neck. My face felt very soft and supple! I've combo skin and T zone tends to break out. But after using this as a night cream ever since never gave me a pimple!

I don't like the design of the bottle. The cap opening is small and the bottle is rigid (hard to squeeze). So i end up untwisting the cap when i use it.

This is an expensive body lotion, $13 (on sale) @ 236 ml! But it'll be a very cheap night cream alternative. I will definitely repurchase.. but will try to find cheap deals on ebay.

It smells nice, but the formula is too watery and isn't moisturizing enough

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have very dry, ezcema prone skin and I thought for sure this lotion would be great as my derm. has prescribed me to use whole milk on my skin before and we all know how great honey is.

However this lotion is super runny & watery and I didn't find it to be very moisterizing, definitely not enough for dry skin. It didn't smell like anything special, but if it would of done it's job I could of cared less.

Didn't/wouldn't repurchase, didn't finish the bottle that I had.

As with most Burt's Bees products, I really wanted to like this lotion. The scent smelled like bad suntan oil. The consistency of the lotion was thin and watery. It really didn't seem to moisturize that well. Would not buy again....

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I received a rather generous sample size of this in the grab bag as a birthday gift. The first time I used it I was a bit put off by the smell but after awhile I got used to it and this became a pleasure to apply :). It isn't greasy like a lot of other lotions I use and I actually like the runny consistency. I like the fact that its a lot more natural than the other lotions I use and that it's paraben-free. Will probably purchase a full-size bottle after I run out of my other lotion ^^.

Skin: Normal, Other, Cool

It's not my favorite, but not the worst out there either. The smell is off putting to me. It smells of wet brown paper towels, the kind in the elementary school bathroom, and curdled milk. Neither are smells I enjoy. The consistancy is very runny, and it pours out of the bottle like water, which can lead to using way more product than you anticipated, as it's hard to get back in the bottle. It's greasy and absorbs very slowly. That being said, it does a bang up job moisturizing, it feels like silk when it's on, and most people don't find the odor as offensive as I do. I wouldn't go out of my way to but it, but when I get it as a gift, which I do a few times a year, I'm happy to use it.

edited; it took me a while to figure it out, but when I was walking in the sun and the smell of the lotion on my skin was strong, I realized it smells like playdoh. That's the smell!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this cream but it leaves an awful acrid, strong smell on my skin.

It absorbs quickly and moisturises really well but i thing it doesn´t blend well with my skin ph because i notice an horrible smell, which people around me don´t: in fact, they say I smell heavenly!!

Won´t buy again I am afraid...

I am in love with the lotion! The smell is yummy, and it is a light but very mosturizing lotion. I use it all over- my body and face, and keeps me smelling good and feeling smooth. The price is wonderful and it lasts quite sometime. My favorite product from burts bees by far.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I am in love. My legs are very dry especially during the winter time. I break out, scratch and sometimes bleed from being so dry. I purchased this I am hooked. I no longer scratch my legs like mad anymore. I love the smell also. It isn't very thick and absorbs quickly. I will repurchase again for sure.

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products