October 1, 2014 | 1824 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Shea Butter Hand Repair Creme [DISCONTINUED]

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2007 4:53:00 PM More reviews by BethyC123

I have some mixed feelings about this product, but overall it really does its job. Yes, it does have an odd smell. It is a natural sort of smell, but it is a bit hard to describe. Really bad lavender? I don't know. I don't like it, but I can tolerate it. I am not a huge fan of the texture it has when it is first applied. It feels very greasy and is difficult to rub in. However, it really, really works. When my hands are super dry (which is a lot since I work in healthcare and have to wash them ALL THE TIME) I rub this all over my hands, put gloves on over them, and go to bed. In the morning, my hands are baby soft. I have not found any other product that performs this well, not even close. My other gripe is the packaging--it is pretty easy to pucture, at least if you chuck it in your purse all the time like I do. Anyway, for all its flaws, it keeps my hands so soft that I know I will be buying it again!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2007 9:40:00 PM More reviews by bdplatt

I got this in a swap and I was disappointed with it. I did not smell shea butter, but I smelled Pine-Sol. And my hands felt like I had dipped them in bacon grease. It does not absorb well into my skin and when i wanted to remove it, I had to use dish soap (the only thing strong enough to get it off.)
So when I finally removed it, my hands were dryer than when I started.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2007 9:34:00 AM More reviews by BunnyRabbit21

I don't know why people are freaking out over the smell of this stuff. I just bought a tube this week and the smell isn't that strong at all. Maybe they've changed the formula recently or something. In any case, if you're used to perfumey, artificially-fragranced lotion, then this might smell a little odd to you at first, because its scent comes from essential oils, not chemicals. It's a very natural, herbal smell and I love it! I've been putting this on every night at bedtime and I wake up with silky-soft hands. It takes a while to absorb, and for that reason I'll probably stick to only using it right before bed. But this is a great creme and I'll definitely buy another tube when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2007 1:29:00 AM More reviews by pook555

Okay, when I first moved to this really desert climate that I'm in, my hands were constantly dry (to the point where I developed a rash from the dryness). I'm also a clean freak and wash my hands a lot, so that doesn't help. My regular hand cream that I had brought along (my stash was still packed) just wasn't doing the job, so I went out and found this in a sample size from my local drugstore. I'd tried the almond hand cream previously and while that smelled great in the jar (not on the hands) it had given me an allergic rash. This, however, did not. Now, I'll admit it, I wasn't a fan of the smell at first either, but it's grown on me (it's like an herbal lavender smell). I have two tubes of this and the consistency of one is silky and creamy and the other is more clumpy, but they both do melt into the skin and leave my hands soft and well moisturized. This cream leaves my hands soft, moisturized (no more rash), and I think it even helps to heal small cuts that I've gotten! I use this every night and will continue to, it's a staple now! Plus, I love that it's all natural.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2007 2:07:00 AM More reviews by piratequeen

This handcream seems to do the job relatively well, but the scent is rather overwhelming. I wouldn't describe it as a bad scent, just a curious one. For the price the cream isn't bad, it's just not that great.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2007 11:29:00 PM More reviews by kinghin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this. I like the smell, but people around me hates it. I also like the texture. You don't have to use alot. If you use the right amount, it won't go oily on your hands. I do think this gets absorbed quite fast, just do a 30 second massage and there. The only thing that is bad, is that the cap does not close tight.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2006 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Alizee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The smell of this to me is evil personified. When I use this at work, all my colleagues yell at me. Doesn't do much for my dry hands either.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2006 11:12:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I like this, despite the weird fragrance (kind of herbal, but in a sour, medicinal way). The trick with any Burt's Bees product is to use just a teeny bit at a time, or it will be super-greasy and gross-feeling. I use a pea-sized dab for both hands and it sinks in quickly, without a greasy feeling at all. My hands just feel soothed and silky-smooth. I have a cute little squeeze tube that I got for 69 cents and would repurchase as this is so handy for my purse.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2006 5:46:00 PM More reviews by qy818

I don't like the small...and it is so greasy and oily. I feel my hand cover by the wax...will NOT buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2006 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Girl4God

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The funny thing is that I sort of like the smell. It is strong but I got used to it. It works very nicely as a hand cream.