August 23, 2014 | 1298 users online

Bath Treatments - LUSH - Big Blue Bath Bomb

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2007 12:02:00 AM More reviews by uofmdem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A LUSH store just opened up near me and my wonderful boyfriend was sweet enough to go in and buy me some of these bath bombs I'd been hearing so much about. He really liked the way this one smelled, fresh and breezy, without smelling like fabric softener, just cool and lovely. I got in the nice warm bath water and he held the bath bomb up like some precious aquatic jewel and dropped it in the water with me.

Fast-forward 30 seconds to a conversation that went something like this...

Me: "Oh my god! What are those black things? Oh my god, they look like tarantula legs!"

Him: "What is that? Weird!"

Me: "Make it stop-oh my god that's freaky-what *is* this s###?"

Him: "I think it's seaweed..."

At that point, I made him help me scoop out all the creepy seaweed crap floating around in my tub. However, after that, it was lovely and moisturizing and yummy. I'd buy this again, but had to take off two lippies for the nasty seaweed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2007 2:31:00 PM More reviews by blondeambitioned

LUSH products are hit-and-miss with me, and this was most definitely a "miss". The blue color of my water was the only nice part of this bath experience. There was some kind of "ocean-y" scent to this, but it quickly disappeared, and when the bomb dissolved I was left with a tub filled with blue water and icky seaweed. To be honest, all of that nasty black seaweed floating around gave me the creeps. The bath bomb also left some weird film on the inside of my tub. The only reason I gave this 3 lippies instead of 2 was that the fragrace wasn't as offensive as the majority of the LUSH bath bombs I've tried. Can't say I was impressed with this enough to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2006 7:47:00 PM More reviews by tammya

Fabulous Bath Bomb. Love the scent, its so soothing and the water was just beautiful. Its so wonderful I cant even give it a minus for the seaweed it left in my tub..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2006 7:34:00 PM More reviews by edenssixthday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is quite possibly my Favorite LUSH Product of All Time. Or at least one of them. :)

Big Blue is amazing. The scent reminds me of ocean spray -- it's clean, fresh, breezy, and full of light and it's just sooo peaceful and relaxing and rejuvenating. This ballistic turns my bath the most amazingly gorgeous color of turquoise, which only adds to the overall experience. When I use this ballistic, it makes the water (and ultimately my skin) so silky soft that I feel like I could lay in the tub for hours and hours. I don't ever want to finish a Big Blue bath experience.

My first experience with Big Blue, I was completely unaware of the massive pile of seaweed that is packed into this ballistic, and in the end, I felt like I was bathing in "Seaweed Salad." Now, I put the ballistic in a stocking or muslin bag first, which gives me all the benefits of the ballistic, but controls the seaweed, so I don't have seaweed stuck to my body or clogging my drain.

I wish I could afford to take a Big Blue bath every single night for the rest of my life. I would probably forsake all other bath bombs for this one. But at nearly $6 a pop, I can't justify even one a week. Still, it's my favorite LUSH bath product and after writing this review, I think I'm going to have to go jump in the tub with a Big Blue. :)
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2006 5:13:00 PM More reviews by ahappyplace

If I could only buy one Lush bomb for the rest of my life, Big Blue would be it. It is in the same scent family as Sea Vegetable soap and Ocean Salt and is my favorite of all Lush scents. This bomb is so relaxing. I used the first half on its own, which was nice. The next time I cocktailed the second half with half of a Sunnyside bubble bar, and it was hands down the best bath I've ever had. The water was turquoise with swirls of golden glitter and was so silky and relaxing that I had to force myself to get out of the tub. I fantasize about that bath on my horrible days at work! I will repurchase Big Blue as long as Lush continues to make it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2006 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Libellule1985

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like it a lot, I only use ľ and get gorgeous turquoise water. I love the scent too, it smell like lemon and lavender, itís refreshing and relaxing. I don't care for the seaweed, it's cute. Try it with Temple of Truth!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2006 12:21:00 AM More reviews by nata_lilie

Love this bath bomb. It really makes me feel like I'm in warm tropical waters - minus the sharks - with the seaweed, sea salt and colour. The smell is fresh and breezy but I almost get some warm spicy whifs of cinnamon, like those cool ferns when they spend hours in the sun. Almost as good as the real thing!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2006 1:45:00 PM More reviews by punkfiend

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

One of my 1st lush products. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2006 9:26:00 PM More reviews by PlatinumBlondePunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ah,I love this!I love all things ocean-scented/related and anything blue.This fizzed and turned my bath water a beautiful shade of deep blue.ITA with the previous reviewer,the seaweed floating around was trippy but good trippy!Totally relaxing.A total mermaid experience,lol.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2006 12:49:00 AM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG whatta a spa experience! This is my first encounter with a LUSH bath bomb. Heres what I thought: I loved the fizzing action but I wish it lasted a bit longer. This bath fizzy was monstrous but it fizzed away just as fast as a regular sized Target brand bath fizzy. The seaweed tripped me out. Back home I used to avoid seaweed while snorkeling but somehow I ended up buying some. haha! The aqua blue color that it turned the water into was so pretty! Reminds me of a lagoon. I shared this bath with my boyfriend and he thoroughly enjoyed it as well. My skin feels very soft and clean with a lavendar scent lingering. I feel very nice and relaxed and ready for beddy-bye. I wish it wasn't so expensive. I paid about $6 for this bath bomb. *sigh* But I loved the experience so much I would probably splurge on it again in the near future. I also bought the sex bomb fizzy. Can't wait to try that one out. =)
PS - One con is all the seaweed it left in the tub. I have to try and rinse all that gunk down the drain and hope it wont clog anything up.