Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 3/8/2015 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was really hopeful that this product was going to work for me after reading so many rave reviews about it.

I have combination skin with a very oily t-zone and wear NC35 in MAC concealer/foundation. I chose the shade Silky Beige. The color match was fine. This is a very sheer powder so no problems there.

This didn't do much in terms of oil control. After about 2 hours, my nose and the surrounding area were very oily. FWIW, I wear sunscreen (Neutrogrena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch) under my makeup.

The finish on this powder just plain sucks. It enhances dry patches and pores. It looks powdery and potentially very cakey if used to set medium to full coverage concealer or foundation.

Pros:
- Cheap
- Compact

Cons:
- Enhances dry skin and pores
- Doesn't control oil very well
- Can look cakey over heavier coverage concealers/foundations
- Packaging is flimsy--cover is prone to breakage and doesn't close securely

Neutral:
- There are sparkles in it but I don't notice them on my face after application

This product is being banished to my emergency make-up drawer. As my replacement powder, I bought the Chanel Universelle Libre Loose Powder which may or may not be an alternative for you since it's $52. I guess you get what you pay for.

on 3/5/2015 10:32:00 PM

So awesome. And so cheap. Have tried some more expensive powders, but haven't found one better than this.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a good but not great setting powder, it dosent last all day on me, i have to powder up mid day. I have 001 Transparent, and i love the way it looks on my skin, it makes it look smoother and natural matte without that fake powder look that i hate.

A very good powder i just wish it would hold on longer on my skin but its one of the best i have found yet, but the hunt for the perfect setting powder is still on.

on 2/28/2015 4:26:00 PM

Very nice pressed powder! It does not cake up on me and it adds a nice finish to my bb cream and concealer. I will buy this again:)

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Works pretty well. I really don't like the packaging tho; I can't bring it while traveling or just out because the top is always off.

on 2/20/2015 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This product is okay. I have oily/combo skin and this product did the job but made my skin look slightly cakey. It has soo much shimmer and thats why I dont really love it and it makes me look like a disco ball. Its alright when i dont have anything else. I wouldnt re purchase ):

on 2/17/2015 9:46:00 PM

Honestly don't understand the hype about this. I usually only get oily around my nose but when I use this, it doesn't stay on as long as it does for other people. I've tried it with and without a primer and with and without liquid foundation and after about 4-5 hours, my nose is so oily. The packaging is pretty cheap. The top part of it has cracked and i haven't dropped it yet. I used the shade 004 Sandstorm and 001 Transparent (or Translucent) and I don't see a difference. However, I love the way it looks on my skin though. It makes my skin feel and look smoother, which I really like. I don't know how to feel about this. If it stayed on longer for me as it does for others, it would be my HG.

on 2/13/2015 5:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought the peachy glow one so I didn't make me any paler. I used to use it all over and use too much and I just looked cakes,now I just use it on my super oily areas and now they stay matte all day I love it. Also found this product to keep my makeup on longer so sometimes for a long day I sweep a little bit all over. A little bit goes a long way with product!! Would definitely recommend!!

on 2/13/2015 12:18:00 AM

I really do not get the buzz about this.

To me, this is chalky, powdery, and it clings to any remote dry patch I might have and makes my skin look 'paler' than it is.

I tried translucent (or was it called transparent?) and one of the beige ones, and both made me look like a ghost. Even buffing this out like crazy, I still looked completely washed out. And I do not know where the dry patches came from, because nothing I have ever used have given me or shown dry patches on me.

The packaging is also quite cheap and I could see this easily being broken and I sure would not take this on a travel trip.

Again, way too chalky and powdery for me. I realize this is a 'cheap' product but imo it is not even worth 50 cents. Both of these went into the garbage. Not only did the product did not work for me at all, it made me look terrible. And even if it worked remotely half decent, the poor packaging where you really have to baby the container to prevent it breaking into a million pieces to me is not worth it. I only gave this another shot after trying the translucent/transparent bc this is so cheap.

Sadly it is the product itself not working for me and not just the particular shade.

Again, I do not have any dry patches, so not sure what was up with this giving me dry patches. Would not recommend.
Those that use this and love this, more power to you.
It just did not work for me. Not at all. :(

on 2/8/2015 10:30:00 PM

I cant believe how this wonderful powder is sold for a really cheap price! Always my setting powder, but hard to find its sold out for the most times.

Video Reviews & Tutorials