Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 12/18/2014 1:39:00 PM

This is one of the best shine control powders out there. Bar none. It does a solid job of keeping shine at bay for a good four hours on my oily skin (trust me, this is a miracle considering how oily my face gets). Unlike other shine control powders, this applies even, smooth and rather light. It does not cake or appear patchy as the day wears on. My only gripe is the packaging. It is bare bones simple with only a sponge and a plastic lid. There is no mirror which makes touch ups tricky at times. Also, the lid is kinda brittle and cumbersome to wield. Mine did not shatter but it did crack. Thankfully, the powder did not break. This powder is a Godsend. I cannot afford to run out of it. Seriously.

on 12/17/2014 9:23:00 AM

I heard so many people talking about this on YouTube so I tried it. First off, the packaging sucks. I can't keep it in my bag without the cover falling off and it smashed completely on the airplane. It only keeps me matte for about 3 hours. Do not recommend.

on 12/9/2014 5:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I do like this product, but it doesn't keep me matte for long. I apply this powder with a very dense brush or sponge to get maximum lasting power, but I trust my foundation to keep me (somewhat) matte. If you are oily, I highly recommend using quite a chalky powder (but there are cons). The chalkiness of the powder will keep you matte for longer, but the chalkiness can make your face look like it has makeup and power on it.
Otherwise, this is a good powder and I probably will repurchase it just because it is my go-to powder.

on 12/3/2014 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I use this powder in shade 001 Transparent to set my foundation.
Helps to reduce any shiny patches on my face, handy to dab some on through the day/night. Very long wearing, fantastic price and keeps my foundation looking great all day long! :-)

on 12/3/2014 1:45:00 PM

i bought the transparent 001 shade after hearing mainly good reviews about it, i really do agree with them!
at 3.99 it is an absolute bargain, at is probably one of the cheapest powders on the market- its definitely worth the price
the smell is a bit funny, but is mild and i sort of like it, i think it might be the natural ingredients in it, it smells quite clean and fresh
also, it doesn't show up white or chalky on the skin and lasts a veryyy long time, i just apply it with a medium sized powder brush and i'm good to go!
my only issues with it are the fact that it doesn't last the full 5 hours that its supposed to id say an average of 3 hours if you have oily skin- i only use this product in summer when my skin tests to get a bit shiny and oilier. my other issue with it is the product is its packaging, if youre sort of careless-like me-then the plastic lid, although it is quite a good quality, hard plastic, it can crack when thrown into a bag or makeup bag.
overall, this product is very good and well worth the investment especially for the price and quality of it, and works well

on 12/1/2014 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I am surprised at how effective this product is! I am around NC42-NC45, and I use this in translucent. It is so effective at keeping the shine away for at least about 4 hours before I need to blot. It doesn't work on my shiny nose though (then again, nothing does). It doesn't leave a white cast either and doesn't over mattify. I'm really happy with this product.

on 11/29/2014 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this powder, I've bought it more times than I can even count and will continue to do so until I find an alternative that I prefer, however I doubt that's likely. At 3.99 (Boots retail price) this is an absolute steal, I would be happy to pay 6 or so for this if I had to. This is such an essential for any makeup lover, no matter what your age or experience is!
I use the shade 001 Transparent because I'm rather pale and my foundation (L'Oreal True Match C1) is a perfect match anyway so I don't really want to alter my foundation colour, and I just like to use powder to set and mattify my face. The formula is very good, the coverage I get is absolutely perfect; my face doesn't look too cakey.
It lasts all day, however if I've been out in the cold weather or doing any exercise I like to lightly dust this all over my face using my Real Techniques Powder Brush, just to make sure I'm not too shiny or red in the face.
My skin is dry and sensitive and it doesn't react badly at all on my face, and I imagine this would be great for all skin types.
I do find that it has an odd smell, but I think most drugstore foundations do, however I'm not too picky about smells of foundations.
Another critique I'd have is that once you begin to hit pan and run out of foundation, the pressed powder usually crumbles and you're unable to use it. I don't know if this is just me being a bad owner, or if there's a way to stop it but it can be inconvenient as there can be up to a week's worth of powder in there which goes to waste. I don't find this to be much of a problem though because I usually buy two of these powders at a time as I'm that addicted!
The packaging is okay, it's easy enough to store and is a good size to get my brush in, however it's not ideal for travelling as the lid has a tendency to crack slightly. However it is fine to keep at home or in your day to day makeup bag.
I think this is a problem that most makeup addicts do use or have used in the past, and it's definitely something that I'd recommend to try if you haven't yet. A simple to use and easy drugstore powder, and at such a good price you can't go wrong!

on 11/29/2014 8:59:00 AM

I love love love this product. I have a really oily BB cream at the moment and it covers all the oily ness, definitely recommend this. Only issue is the packaging the lid brakes very easily

on 11/28/2014 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hate this, it doesn't control oil at all and the packaging is very fragile, so if you drop it Theres a good chance it will break

on 11/27/2014 5:53:00 AM

I was on the hunt for a cheap transparent powder and heard so many great reviews about this one I went and picked it up from Priceline, I really did want to like this powder as it was a good price but it broke me out ): I only ever get one pimple once in a blue moon so when my face started to break out I went through everything I was usuing and this turned out to be the cause. Other than that though it is a good price and I like the overall finish of it just a shame I can't use it anymore