December 20, 2014 | 875 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by Xxkonixx

i've been using chanel pressed powder for daily touch up.....it was okay but as the weather gets hotter, that powder is too sheer and doesn't control oil at all.....one day i was just in wal mart and desided to pick this up since it's really inexpensive compare to chanel......i wasn't really having high hopes from it but just curious........besides the crappy package.....it really does its job..........today i was shopping in an outlet mall all day with 30 oC and up weather....i only touched up once before i started shopping and once during......my t-zone was not greasy when i finished after 6 hours......and i like how it has a tiny bit of coverage coz my nose is always red and it's the area that makeup fades off the most..........it's also important not to over applied because it can look very thick....use a brush instead of sponge will solve the problem.....so far this is the only drug store powder that works for me and i'm happpy......highly recommend!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by antoanto23

What i like of this powder is the colour range,i found mine and suit me ok but....dont keep the shine at bay!after 1hour i need to retouch!my skin is just combo not too oily at all.dont do the job forme.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Being as fair as I am, it's a constant struggle finding face products to suit my pale skin tone. The powder I was using to set my BB/TM was seemingly discontinued, and thus entered Rimmel Staye Matte 001 Translucent. It's perfect. Some face powders that I've used in the past that claim to be "translucent" somehow are way too dark for me, or literally do nothing to set my face. Not this. I press the powder into my skin with a (separately bought) powder puff, and I can visually see the powder covering my skin, which I like. It's nice and light and provides just a wee bit of coverage while blending seamlessly into my skin. I have oily skin on most of my face, and I wore this in the summer in high humidity, and this wore as great as MAC Blot on me (while not being as heavy). I also asked my boyfriend "is my face the right color? I used that new powder" at the end of the day after wearing it in front of him for hours, and he replied that he didn't even notice I changed powder, and that my skin looked like it usually does. SCORE. Shade match. Holds my oil reasonably. Cheap. Great find. Shit packaging, though. It doesn't come with a powder puff, so if you're not going to be using a brush, you need to buy your own.

EDIT:// Woah, woah, woah. So the longer I use this product, the worse it seems to preform. I'm a greasy, greasy, mess with product sliding all over my face within a few hours when using this to set my tinted moisturizer/BB cream. This also makes my skin look caked up and "makeupy". Awful. So disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by AlexandriaLouise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Check mine out on youtube, I think videos convey easier.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by lisa1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought Translucent which is the most yellow one although it's VERY light. I like it. It's finely milled and pigmented. So far so good, it's keeping me matte and sets my makeup very nicely. Packaging sucks and I wont be carrying it with me because the top will come apart and of course, no applicator, no mirror.... But I use it first thing in the morning and go. Don't need to reapply during the day and if I get a tad oily I can just use blotting paper on my nose and be fine. Overall yes I like and will repurchase. They should come up with more shades though as I imagine I got lucky with this being yellow but when I look at the others, really not that much of a selection shade wise. It's cheap too so I like that. Is it the best? No. But does the job adequately so I'm not mad. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by makeupjenn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

hands down my absolute favourite powder. I get this in the shade 005 silky beige and I usually use it as an everyday powder replacement for foundation, or when I do wear foundation/bb cream as a setting powder. it makes your skin so matte and does last a long time! I do usually have to touch up at around 5pm after I did my makeup at about 7am, so very Long wearing. literally just my favourite powder out there and I will continue to use until.....idk when i will stop. I guess when they don't make it anymore. BUY IT. TRY IT. LOVE IT.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by xmakeuphoarderx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My drugstore ran out of the translucent shade, so I just went for the darkest shade they had available. Still too light for my skintone and made me look like a ghost in flash pics. If Rimmel decided to add some darker shades, I'd definitely repurchase. I liked how it set my makeup while it never made me look cakey. I wouldn't say it was an all-day matte finish, because I was a little bit shiny after 4 hours. I'd like to note that this powder definitely has a little scent, but it isn't bad-smelling. In fact, I like the scent. The only thing I truly hate about this powder is the packaging, which is atrocious. I would never throw this in my bag for fear of breakage. Repackage this, and it would most likely be my HG drugstore powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2014 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Arrosynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I just picked this up last week, I had a wedding to go to on the weekend and after reading really good reviews on this, I decided to try it (so I wouldn't have to fix my makeup every two hours). Well, I can't say it was a total miracle but it did actually do a really good job of keeping the shine down to a minimum, which was great! My t-zone tends to get pretty shiny the longer the day drags on and at the wedding I only had to re-apply this once out of about, 11 hours or so? I was pretty impressed. I hate the packaging though, which is why I didn't give it a full five lippie rating. It doesn't close very tight so i'm always worried it might pop open in my makeup bag. It hasn't yet but i'm just waiting for it to happen. Other than that though, this powder is pretty great. I'll probably repurchase in transparent next time though, i'm finding the Sandstorm shade to be a little bit too dark for my porcelain skin tone. Great job Rimmel. =)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Mikey87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am so impressed with this powder - I have oily/combernation skin and although my primer (rimmel stay matte) and foundation (Lancôme Idole ultra 24hr) last all day and keep my oil to a minimum this powder gives me a matte airbrushed finish to my skin. I use a tiny amount in shade translucent to set my foundation then apply my bronzer (mac matte bronze) my only negative about this powder is in flash photos you do get a white case but for everyday work ect it's perfect!! And for £3.99 I don't think anyone can complain. I'm delighted with the results :-)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by darkopacity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't understand the hype. This isn't really matte. There are very tiny micro shimmers in the powder. Biggest waste of $5.

Edit: Found out this also has fragrance in it. No wonder it smelled like a grandma. I threw this one in the trash.