October 21, 2014 | 1426 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by msmille

The L'Occitane 20% shea butter hand cream is a lovely hand cream which has a very luxurious texture. My hands feel hydrated and soft after applying but i realise that the effect is only temporary. It does nothing to the dry patches if you don't apply it regularly ie; after every handwash.

My tube of 20% shea butter hand cream comes in the limited edition packaging which is a bonus :)

Will i repurchase this? Maybe, because it feels luxurious when applied however the effects are somewhat temporary. Also in where I live, the cream cost a lot. I guess I would have to think twice before repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2012 2:16:00 AM More reviews by shopaholic14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

There's a reason why this cream has become a cult product...and its simply coz it performs, it does what it claims to!

Its is a thick cream, very emoliant, easy to spread, easily absorbed and non greasy. And though it is very expensive, you just need a pea sized amount.

It has a very mild subtle fragrance but I prefer the lavender fragrance of the foot cream. I'm on my fourth tube and I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by nicole812

This is GREAT! super moisturising and non greasy.. thou it is expensive i think its worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by evyyhl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I work in the hospital and this hand cream is NOT moisturizing enough for my hands. I use alcohol foam (62% alcohol content) more than 80 times per day in the hospital and the high alcohol content destroys my hand. I use L'Occitane hand cream after I use the alcohol foam or wash my hands. It makes my hands feel soft for an hour then my hands begin to dry out again.

Texture: Very creamy and thick. It's NOT greasy or oily but it leaves a waxy film on my hands. This is probably due the the chemical emulsifiers that are present in this hand cream. It is NOT the most natural hand cream you can buy on the market and I care about the ingredients in the skin care I use. It contains lots of questionable chemical ingredients and paraben that I can't even pronounce.

Smell: It's NOT overpowering but it does smell like some sort of synthetic fragrance added to the baby lotion. In fact, many people said that they smell baby diaper cream after I put on this hand cream in the hospital. So I think this hand cream smells pleasant but it smells like baby lotion or diaper cream.

Price: It's $26 (U.S. dollar) for a large 5 OZ. tube ($5.2 per OZ.) or $10 for an 1 OZ. tube. It's pricey but NOT as expansive as the department store brands like Clarins or Jurlique. However, I believe I can find cheaper and better hand creams at health food stores.

Package: I hate the packaging. It's in a soft metal tube that looks like an acrylic paint tube. It's hard to squeeze out the cream. I don't think the soft metal tube is recyclable.

Overall I think this is a great hand cream for daily use but it's NOT suitable for me since I work in the hospital. I prefer fragrance free hand cream with natural moisturizing oils. This hand cream is just not moisturizing for my hands especially I use alcohol foam very frequently at my job. I'm going to search for an organic hand cream in the health food or organic food stores that will work better for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by ValleyGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best hand cream/lotion I've ever used. I try others in protest of the cost, but it really can't be beat.

My only quibble/annoyance is that the consistency is different between the big tube and the little one ouncer. The little tube is a bit more lotion like; the big tube is creamier. Maybe on purpose for quicker absorption when you're on the go? Regardless, I'd love if the consistency of the little tube was available in a bigger size!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by dizzielittlerascal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite hand cream by far. I love that its so thick, but absorbs so easily. I love the smell of it, not too overpowering, not too subtle either (kind of powdery). I love the fact it really hydrates my skin, and lasts a long time on my skin too. I love the fact it doesn't make my hands itch afterwards. And I love the packaging.

I just wish it wasn't so pricey!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by squint

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have to give this five lippies even though I HATE that it is so expensive -- it remains the absolute best hand cream I've ever used. To be fair, a little goes a long way; it's thick enough to deal with really dry skin (it looks like Crisco), lasts though a couple of washings and most important, it absorbs quickly and cleanly without leaving a residue -- the absolute holy grail quality if you do fine handwork. There seems to be some disagreement on the scent but I really love it, and nothing else makes my hands so soft. I may experiment, but I always come back.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by LuHu82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I do really like this hand cream. I find it smoothing, soothing, non greasy & delicately scented. It seems to work beautifully on hands that are a bit dry from regular hand washing and alcohol gel (I work in a hospital).

My only criticisms of it really are the lack of SPF (I have to use a different product which adds to the expense & the layers of products) and the screw on lid, a flip cap would be more practical for on-the-go reapplications (I had to chase the rolling cap across the car park yesterday on my way in to work!).

L'Occitane, please make this cream in an SPF version with a better cap and it'll be my HG.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by bubblegumpoo

Whenever I apply this, I feel like i'm giving my hands a little spa day. The feeling is luxuriously smooth and buttery. I like to wash my hands with anti-bacterial soap, which definitely strips them of moisture. This helps remoisturize my hands without leaving a greasy or sticky residue. It also has a lovely baby powder smell that isn't too overpowering.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 6:57:00 AM More reviews by misscocktail

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

What can I say: a classic!!
I loooove this cream so much that I'm happy to pay the quite expensive 7 Euro (appr. US$11). It smell divine, give a rich moisture and keeps my hands soft and protected. I use it several times a day, usually after washing my hands.