L'Occitane 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream

4.1

Aqua/Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract, Mel Extract/Honey Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Fruit Extract, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Sterols, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum, Parfum/Fragrance, Polyacrylamide, PEG-100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Ceteareth-33, Alcohol Denat, Laureth-7, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Coumarin, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Gerional

on 2/8/2013 7:08:00 AM

i love how it smells and how it really work for my skin but then i dont like how it doesnt sink into my skin quickly...but a def must try! even though its expensive but i think it could last for 5 mnths or so

on 1/20/2013 7:27:00 PM

I recently put this product into my regular rotation of hand moisturizers. I find that if it doesn't sink into my hands for awhile, it washes off rather easily. I like that it is not greasy and has a pleasant scent. It is a thick cream and goes on nicely. However this moisturizer alone is not enough by itself to keep my hands quenched in the winter. If you suffer from dry hands, this is a good product to try.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this hand cream. Having tried a variety of low and high-end creams, I find myself going back to this one. My hands are quite dry, and this cream restores lost moisture effectively and swiftly. The fragrance is understated yet luxurious. I adore the paint tube style packaging!

This stuff is very, very average and very overpriced, IMO. It goes on nice and thick and doesn't stay greasy, but I also don't feel like it's moisturizing that well. My dry hands feel a little better with this on, but it doesn't last at all through hand washings. It smells nice (kind of like expensive baby powder, if that makes sense) and I also like the metal squeeze tube. It is just too expensive at $10 an ounce with the way I'm going through this stuff. I'm going to go back to my Aveda hand therapy. It is funny because I used to think that stuff was so ridiculously expensive at $20 for 4 ounces, but after this stuff it really doesn't seem that bad. lol The Aveda also lasts through several hand washings for me before I need to reapply, so that is obviously a much better deal. I will use up this shea hand cream, but definitely wouldn't repurchase or recommend to those who truly need a deep moisture treatment.

on 1/3/2013 12:42:00 AM

The best hand cream I've found so far. I typically use Aveeno, which is great but doesn't moisturize nearly as well as L'Occitane's Shea Butter Hand Cream (although Aveeno is also 1/4 of the price).

I rock climb, which completely rips-up the skin of my hands and creates a lot of calluses. Although I haven't found anything that meaningfully fixes what climbing does to hands, this product has done the best job so far. It is very moisturizing and feels rich, but absorbs quickly and doesn't feel greasy. This cream does have a very mild scent, which I can't figure out what to compare to (in my opinion, the scent isn't bad or good).

The biggest complaint I have with this product is the price. For those willing to pay, it's a great lotion. I'll probably reserve this cream for days my hand feel especially bad, as I think it's too expensive to use regularly. Another small complaint is the cap, which is really small and slippery. I'm not usually picky about packaging unless it isn't functional, and the cap for this cream doesn't function well. I feel like it may slip out of my hands and get lost one day.

Overall: Expensive but great hand lotion.
Alternatives: My experience with hand lotions is limited. Aveeno works OK and is much more reasonably priced.
Value: Not great. Personally, I think $28 is a lot to pay for hand cream. I'll probably buy this occasionally, for especially dry hand days. I got this on sale for $5 for the travel size at L'Occitane.

I have extremely dry hands in the winter, this is like the only thing that actually works. Its crazy expensive, so I only use it for the night. It does last a while tho. The metal packaging is really bad, because since its such an expensive product, I'd like to use every drop, but the packaging leaves a lot of product on the sides, so its a waste. Then again, since the product itself works so well, i recommend it. I'm on my 8th tube of this stuff.

on 12/29/2012 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Awful heinous packaging, not to mention dangerous, too.
Overpriced and greasy. These don't hold a candle to crabtree and evelyn's hand creams , which are cheaper!

on 12/22/2012 4:08:00 PM

This handcream smells divine! I lovelove the scent which is why I am extra disappointed with the performance. At first, my hands feel nice, not greasy and quite soft. But it doesn't last at all. It's not protective in the slightest. My hands get dry again very quickly and I have to keep re-applying way too often. Because I need a rather generous amount, one tube will not last long.

I will not repurchase.

on 11/30/2012 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This hand cream absorbs quickly into my skin and doesn't leave behind a greasy feel. Its scent is light and pleasant and it lasts through one or two hand washes. I like that it comes in a squeezable tube (a lot like a toothpaste tube), but the small, oddly shaped cap sometimes comes off in my purse. If I could afford to spend $10 per ounce on hand cream, I'd buy this again.

on 11/28/2012 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this cream. It's pretty expensive but tube is 150 grams so it lasts a long time. Product quickly absorbed, no greasy feeling afterward. Hands are softer. Smells great. This is my 3rd tube I've gone through