E.L.F. Shimmering Facial Whip

3.1

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua (Water), Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Glycerin, Carbomer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Aroma), Diazolidinyl Urea May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Red No.33 Lake (CI 17200), Blue No.1 (CI 42090), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035)

on 9/30/2010 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I didn't buy it, it came free when giving 3 e-mails to them. I have one it Citus and 2 in Lilac petal. These are wayyyy to shimmery for me to wear on my face.

on 9/25/2010 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

elf shimmering facial whip in spotlight
Designed to be used on eyes, lips and face. I use it on my eyelids and on my face as a highlight. Spotlight is a very shimmery white highlight colour. Not so easy to blend. Tube is ok. Would not repurchase most probably because I prefer powders.

on 9/19/2010 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

I got this in Citrus as a free gift for purchasing some other products from the line, and I actually like it. I don't get why there's so many bad reviews, like if you hate shimmer then obviously you just shouldn't buy or use it? lol

Anyways, I find that mixed with a little of my face LOTION (key word), it becomes the perfect highlighter for my cheeks and brow bone... The color is nice and not too overbearing, and the shimmer is subtle. You only need a teeny tiny amount though, otherwise it would be too much. With lotion and a tiny dab of the shimmer, it blends easily into skin and makes a great highlight (I use my fingers to blend it and buff out any obvious line of where I've put it). I don't think alot of people that reviewed this were even using it right... sometimes you have to tweak the way you use or apply a product to get it to work for you. But for me, mixed with a little moisturizer it's great. Sometimes I even use a little on my collarbone/cleavage area if I'm going out at night. A tiny dab (again with lotion, I don't even touch this without lotion) under/on the inner corner of my eyes makes another nice highlight. Only thing I'm not fond of is the scent, but you can't even smell it unless you're sitting there sniffing the tube! Considering it was free with my purchase, I really can't complain. Not sure if I'd buy it again because I still have a ton left, but I guess if I ran out or lost it then I would. Another cheap-o E.L.F product that has won me over :)

on 9/11/2010 12:18:00 PM

Very runny, extremely shimmery- I guess if you are looking for a silvery shimmer for your face or lips, this is your product. I love the smell but can't really use it, other than a very shimmery inner eye highlight, or maybe if mixed with a lot of moisturizer you could make a shimmering lotion out of it. It was really frosty on my lips and didn't look good on me. At $1 it's not much of a risk, it seems like everybody either loves it or hates it.

on 8/29/2010 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like High Beam by Benefit and I wanted to give this a go as a substitute, but it is not working out. First, the product separates in the container very quickly, so before each use I have to tissue up the excess 'watery' stuff that comes out before the product. The product is fairly sticky, other highlighters I've used are smooth and creamy and very light, this is very dense and sticky. It doesn't spread well over my skin and most of the 'shimmer' actually gets stuck to my fingers rather than applied to my face. I tried applying with a small synthetic brush but it just doesn't spread and add 'highlight' as I would like it to.

on 8/17/2010 1:39:00 AM

i really have mixed feelings about this product, i have it in lilac petal and the consistency is super runny almost like water... i use it as a highlighter and it looks pretty but i wore it one day when i was outside most of the day and i think i had a reaction to it because i got little red bumps under my eyes and at the top of my cheek bones where i used this stuff and i havent used it since. i may try it again during the winter but for now with the hot weather ill stay away!

on 8/6/2010 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I got the Citrus shade of this as a free gift in my last order. I cannot imagine what anyone could possibly use this shade for as it is ridiculously iridescent (especially on my darker skin tone) and difficult to blend. It literally looked metallic silver on my skin. It does however have a wonderful citrus scent.

I hate to waste it though and have decided to mix it with body lotion and use it on my legs, collar bones, etc. As others have mentioned a little of this stuff goes a LONG way so it's important not too mix in too much or you'll look like a disco ball.

on 8/3/2010 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this product! It really lights up my face as I use it as a highlighter (I think it is impossible to use it purely as a blush). A little bit goes a long way. I squeeze a tiny amount, the size of a mole, on the back of my hand and use my middle finger to apply half to one side of my face, and the remainder to the other side. I have it in pink lemonade and spotlight, and I love both colors. The pink lemonade adds a light sheen to my face, and the spotlight just brightens me up. I started getting complements that I look like I glow after I started using this. It is so easy to use and lightweight that I use it everyday now.

on 7/28/2010 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This product should NOT be used as a blush! It is to shiny and greasy to be used as a blush however it is an amazing highlighter. I use it just above the cheekbones or right under the arch of my brows for a subtle glow. It makes you look as if you are being lit from within, its gorgeous! Everytime I wear it people comment on how great my skin looks. I use the color toasted which to me looks like a brownish pink shade and is great against dark skin. If you are going to try this product just use a tiny dab of it, a little goes a long way and remember you can always add more but it is a pain to start over or fix mistakes.

on 7/26/2010 8:32:00 PM

Well first i didn't buy this, when i made an order at eyeslipsface.com they sent me a free gift, and i was disappointed that it was this. I got it in Pink Lemonade and i just don't really know what to do with it. I tried using it as a blush i just used a little bity dot, and it is just awful it's waay to shimmery. If you have a better idea for it, i would love to know..glad i didn't waste my money on it.

Popular Blush Products