E.L.F. Shimmering Facial Whip

3.1

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua (Water), Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Glycerin, Carbomer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Aroma), Diazolidinyl Urea May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Red No.33 Lake (CI 17200), Blue No.1 (CI 42090), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035)

on 11/22/2010 3:13:00 PM

I got the E.L.F. shimmering facial whip for free when I referred three friends. I can't complain since its free, but I will. It allways has to be shaken up ALOT and its really soupy and does NOT blend well. I gave it to my mom and she loved it, so its now in a loving home :p

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've tried several uses of this product before writing this review. The first thing I have to say is that my skin is pretty fair, and this has pink pigmentation that shows up very noticeably. This means that even though it has a nice shimmer in it, it doesn't really work for me as a brow/inner eye corner highlighter, the colour creates a pinkish shade that feels very strong. On the other side, if I try putting the teeniest tiniest amount instead of a middle-sized drop the shimmer almost disappears. However, I find that this works really nice when applied on top of your regular blush, on the upper cheek, it intensifies the colour and adds a glamorous shimmer (which I only like to wear for nights out, though). Don't think I will repurchase, I will try some other creamy highlighter, but again for the price it wasn't a complete waste of money.

on 11/20/2010 3:48:00 AM

This is one of my greatest regret buying. I got two of them (one in spotlight and one in golden peach) and the spotlight has "explosed." The packaging was too bad that the tip broke off suddenly. (I wish it broke off before I received it so that I could get a refund or sth...)
The formula of the spotlight is better than that of golden peach. (but anyway, I've throw the spotlight already b/c it's too messy)
The golden peach one is way too watery that even after shaking I don't get much pigment out. The fluid is not thick enough and runs down my face when I put it on.
For the coloring, they seemed to be glittery. Spotlight makes my face look oily as a highlighter and it settles in my fine lines. Golden Peach is too orangy as a blush but too light and unnatural as a bronzer. For its fluidity, I won't put it on my eyelid as a base or stand-alone eye color. What a completely useless thing for me...
If you really want to try the color, I would suggest the stick form b/c at least it won't leak and mess up your purse. I really don't reccommend to carry it around and of course, I DON'T RECCOMMEND BUYING THIS

on 10/28/2010 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I have these in Citrus, Golden peach and Toasted. I love the colors, love that they can be used as highlighters, eyeshadow bases and blush but its sooooo unblendable. Its thick as hell. Tip for you ladies. Get a jar( small on, the container store has them for like 59 cents) add a drop or two of aloe vera gel, and VOILA!...Its creamier. But we can complain cuz its ONE DOLLAR!!!! plus 6.95 shipping and handling lol

on 10/17/2010 1:03:00 PM

This is an interesting product. I got Camilia for free when referring 3 friends to them after I placed an order. It is nice to use as a highlighter on cheekbone or brow bone and it not too greasy or hard to blend. I wear liquid foundation, though, so I don't use creams or gels on my face (like cream blush, etc). I don't think I will really reach for this often, but whenever I don't wear foundation (hahaha), I might actually use this.
It does seem to be a nice product. I tried it out at home for a while and it seemed good, so if you want to try it, you should!

on 9/30/2010 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I didn't buy it, it came free when giving 3 e-mails to them. I have one it Citus and 2 in Lilac petal. These are wayyyy to shimmery for me to wear on my face.

on 9/25/2010 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

elf shimmering facial whip in spotlight
Designed to be used on eyes, lips and face. I use it on my eyelids and on my face as a highlight. Spotlight is a very shimmery white highlight colour. Not so easy to blend. Tube is ok. Would not repurchase most probably because I prefer powders.

on 9/19/2010 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

I got this in Citrus as a free gift for purchasing some other products from the line, and I actually like it. I don't get why there's so many bad reviews, like if you hate shimmer then obviously you just shouldn't buy or use it? lol

Anyways, I find that mixed with a little of my face LOTION (key word), it becomes the perfect highlighter for my cheeks and brow bone... The color is nice and not too overbearing, and the shimmer is subtle. You only need a teeny tiny amount though, otherwise it would be too much. With lotion and a tiny dab of the shimmer, it blends easily into skin and makes a great highlight (I use my fingers to blend it and buff out any obvious line of where I've put it). I don't think alot of people that reviewed this were even using it right... sometimes you have to tweak the way you use or apply a product to get it to work for you. But for me, mixed with a little moisturizer it's great. Sometimes I even use a little on my collarbone/cleavage area if I'm going out at night. A tiny dab (again with lotion, I don't even touch this without lotion) under/on the inner corner of my eyes makes another nice highlight. Only thing I'm not fond of is the scent, but you can't even smell it unless you're sitting there sniffing the tube! Considering it was free with my purchase, I really can't complain. Not sure if I'd buy it again because I still have a ton left, but I guess if I ran out or lost it then I would. Another cheap-o E.L.F product that has won me over :)

on 9/11/2010 12:18:00 PM

Very runny, extremely shimmery- I guess if you are looking for a silvery shimmer for your face or lips, this is your product. I love the smell but can't really use it, other than a very shimmery inner eye highlight, or maybe if mixed with a lot of moisturizer you could make a shimmering lotion out of it. It was really frosty on my lips and didn't look good on me. At $1 it's not much of a risk, it seems like everybody either loves it or hates it.

on 8/29/2010 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like High Beam by Benefit and I wanted to give this a go as a substitute, but it is not working out. First, the product separates in the container very quickly, so before each use I have to tissue up the excess 'watery' stuff that comes out before the product. The product is fairly sticky, other highlighters I've used are smooth and creamy and very light, this is very dense and sticky. It doesn't spread well over my skin and most of the 'shimmer' actually gets stuck to my fingers rather than applied to my face. I tried applying with a small synthetic brush but it just doesn't spread and add 'highlight' as I would like it to.