April 19, 2014 | 1118 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Shimmering Facial Whip

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 5:51:00 PM More reviews by onenimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this product! It really lights up my face as I use it as a highlighter (I think it is impossible to use it purely as a blush). A little bit goes a long way. I squeeze a tiny amount, the size of a mole, on the back of my hand and use my middle finger to apply half to one side of my face, and the remainder to the other side. I have it in pink lemonade and spotlight, and I love both colors. The pink lemonade adds a light sheen to my face, and the spotlight just brightens me up. I started getting complements that I look like I glow after I started using this. It is so easy to use and lightweight that I use it everyday now.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Paigeebo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product should NOT be used as a blush! It is to shiny and greasy to be used as a blush however it is an amazing highlighter. I use it just above the cheekbones or right under the arch of my brows for a subtle glow. It makes you look as if you are being lit from within, its gorgeous! Everytime I wear it people comment on how great my skin looks. I use the color toasted which to me looks like a brownish pink shade and is great against dark skin. If you are going to try this product just use a tiny dab of it, a little goes a long way and remember you can always add more but it is a pain to start over or fix mistakes.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2010 8:32:00 PM More reviews by savethetatas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well first i didn't buy this, when i made an order at eyeslipsface.com they sent me a free gift, and i was disappointed that it was this. I got it in Pink Lemonade and i just don't really know what to do with it. I tried using it as a blush i just used a little bity dot, and it is just awful it's waay to shimmery. If you have a better idea for it, i would love to know..glad i didn't waste my money on it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2010 10:11:00 AM More reviews by 1bro2syd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Well, I just bought this product in two colors - Citrus and Camilia. They are both very pretty and shimmery. It can be used as blush, eyeshadow, or lipgloss. I'd recommend it more for your eyes and lips, just because it might be too shimmery on your cheeks, and you want it to look natural. The directions say to use a pearl-sized amount, but you really need even less than that. I'm very pleased with this product, but I have to say this: my package included an extra facial whip in Citrus (I'm not sure why), so now I have three facial whips and I really don't need all of them. I'll have them for a very long time. (That is why I said I wouldn't buy the product again. I have three.) So if you're ordering this product, you only need to order/buy one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 5:55:00 PM More reviews by artsyjill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this product in two shades: persimmon and spotlight. These are great for just $1! I haven't experienced any problem with the product separating or being too greasy. I would recommend that you shake or knead the package a little if you have had it sitting without use for a while. I think these have a great amount of versatility. You can use a lip brush and dot a little of this color on the center of your bottom lip for some volume and shine, you can use this as a liquid eyeshadow (just be sure to use a primer and a powder to set) a brow highlighter and a highlight on the cheek bones. You can also mix this with your moisturizer or use this on the collar bones/shoulders. Of course this is all dependent on the colors that you get. I would recommend the spotlight and toasted for a bronze look or just an all over shimmer. I do wish they came in a larger size but I will definitely repurchase and suggest giving them a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2010 8:19:00 PM More reviews by lilangel0403

This was my first E.L.F product. I bought it because some magazine said it was the best makeup. I gave it a try because it was $1. It wouldn't hurt anything.
I don't like it because I don't know what to do with it. It is way too shiny and shimmery. I have no use for it except for maybe for it to act as an eyeshadow. I have oily skin and when I put this one my skin looks super oily. It is horrible.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2010 4:18:00 PM More reviews by tarzina789

I really wanted to love this product. I really did. I heard so many good things about it, but honestly, I wasn't impressed at all. I really don't see how many uses it can have. It seems to me you can only really use it as an eyeshadow or a base for another color. I find that it's much too shimmery. And if it's too shimmery for a 20 year old, how is someone older supposed to wear it on their cheeks? Ridiculous.

I wasn't impressed with this, but for $1, it didn't hurt to try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2010 10:54:00 PM More reviews by BellaGlam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I have the shade pink lemonade and it looks so pretty with my ELF studio blush in Tickled Pink. I like a really shimmery Dewey highlight and so this is perfect. It's not too pigmented it's just a subtle hint of color and sheen & it's dirt cheep, for 1 buck how could I not get them all!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by SChiara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok, so I was completely raving about these before, but I'm rewriting my review. I don't love these and I never use them. Today I noticed Spotlight had gone bad (after about half a year). I've probably used it twice.
For 1 euro/dollar you can't go wrong though. So if you're thinking about starting wearing a highlighter, you might wanna give one of these a try. But if you already own a ton of make up, these will for sure just end up in the back of a drawer somehwere.
------
PRO:
- Cheap
- A variety of colours to chose from
------
CON:
- the colours aren't that great. Spotlight is the only highlighter that isn't a straight up pink or brown colour, and is definetly cool toned. The other colours, i find, just don't look good as a highligter. What am I suppose to do with a glittery pink substance?
- The quality just isn't there: they're not long lasting, too glittery and noticeable.
- I wouldn't use these anywhere else on the face, like lips or eyes.
------
In my opinion, these products work best for younger girls who are just getting into make up and want to try out different coloured highlighters. Honestly, otherwise, just invest in something of better quality that goes on more subtely and that you can actually use on a daily basis.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by ashsaves1005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't really like this that much. I have it in Camilla and it's a nice mauve-y sort of color, I guess? But it looks lighter on the website. Much lighter. You can't really tell there's color when you put it on. It's very frosty. It smells good, though.