December 22, 2014 | 1866 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by humc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am SO happy I bought this product! My skin is extremely oily and it is the most embarrassing thing ever! My skin is also acne-prone and I have uneven/reddness. Sounds great doesn't it?

When doing my makeup, I apply a primer, my foundation, and then a setting powder. Right before I go out the door, I apply this MAC powder (mine is in Light- which is very light! but seems almost translucent, so it is perfect for me!) with an Eco-Tools big fluffy powder brush.

The look from this powder is a perfect matte finish without looking cakey or too powdery (I use a pretty good amount and it still won't look powdery). You can also touch-up with this product and not worry about it caking on and looking over done. This powder has also NOT made me breakout- yay!

Lasting power: Far superior than all other mattifying powders I have tried. Because my skin is so oily, this powder DOES NOT keep me matte all day. However, like I stated, it does a much better job than other powders. I only have to touch up after about four hours, and even then I am not a greasy mess, but have just a little bit of shine on my T-zone (which is awesome for me). I do however, need to be careful applying this to my dry areas (corners of mouth and nose & chin crease thing below my bottom lip) because it can cause that annoying dry feeling.

A dupe for this, because this is expensive for just a pressed powder (and I went through it a little over a month-I use it every day, 2-3 times) is the Maybelline Dream Matte pressed powder. For me, the MAC lasts longer and looks more natural than the Maybelline. The Maybelline is quite easy to look powdery and noticeable, especially after touch ups!

Overall, I WILL continue to buy this product because I think the price it worth it for the lasting power, natural look, and ability to reapply without looking cakey. If you are willing to spend more, buy this! If not, I suggest the Maybelline Dream Matte pressed powder!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by perfectionist_virgo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best blot powder hands down. I use this in deep dark and my face doesn't looked polished without it. My skin is extremely oily so I will say this doesn't keep the shine away all day as it possibly could for someone with a less oily complexion. What this product does for me is take away the sheen and soften the look of my imperfections/pores. No other blot powder has done that for me without looking slightly ashy or settling into the dry spots awkwardly. Keep in mind I wear no other foundation on a daily basis. I don't mind reapplying a few times to get the overall affect of making my skin pretty.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by bobadreamer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice mattifying powder, it's easy to pick up onto your brush, doesn't look cakey unless you overdo it and controls oil well. It doesn't look seamless or invisible on my skin, so if you want to truly look like you have nothing on, this probably isn't the powder for you. The compact doesn't have a separate compartment for a sponge, which is why I marked that down. All in all, a solid powder for oil control and setting foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by 77pink

This product is pretty good for controlling oily T-Zones. I have combination skin, and I use this for a quick touch-ups at the end of a long work day. A little goes a long way. I have fair skin, but still bought the med-dark colour, as I found the med was a little too light and made me look chalky.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by materialface

This powder is a great one for oily t-zoned people like me. It blots all the oil without caking my face. I sometimes even use this powder to set my foundation since there isn't much color. I always have this compact with me. I don't leave the house without it.

I purchased this in Medium Dark (although I am fair skinned, this color's fine. the powder in Light looks grey for some reason) for $26 CAD 3 months ago. I have hit pan quite a bit and will have to repurchase soon.

My only negative about this is the applicator. I absolutely hate it. I prefer to use a kabuki or any other brush but when I'm out I have no choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 4:05:00 AM More reviews by adrianamelie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have an oily t-zone and when it shines it SHINES. I use my MAC Prolongwear foundation (which lasts forever by the way) and once I get shiny I dab this on my forehead, nose and chin. You can't see the powder and it actually makes my face look smoother. Shine is gone and it lasts for about 2-3 hours. This is the best touch up product when you go out for a long time. Love this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I so wanted to love this product but it didn't work for me, and my skin isn't very oily. Its effect lasts about 2 hours top, whereas the random loose powders I've used last much longer. My drugstore pressed powders also performed better.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by pkkatalina

I had been buying Maybelline Shine Free which has been ok for me. I was at the mall getting other MAC items, so decided to get the compact of Blot Powder in Medium (shade). I am NW20. I'm in my 50s, and have rather large pores. This does a good job of keeping down the shine for several hours and does a better job of concealing pores than the Maybelline did. I will have to check it out in daylight to see how it's looking tomorrow. For now, I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 2:19:00 AM More reviews by mpb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have combination skin so I love that I can repeatedly apply this powder without ever feeling like I'm adding anything or clogging pores.

Although it does come in different shades, this is not for coverage. It is aptly named "blot" powder as the whole point is to get rid of oil and shine.

I've bought it in both compact and loose powder form and are must haves in my makeup kit.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by ktemly

Wow! I used this for the first time today and I am very impressed!
I don't have super oily skin, however as the working day goes on, either side of my nose and chin can become quite oily which causes my makeup to slip off in those areas. Today when these areas began to become shiny I applied a small amount of my new blot powder (in medium plus) and shine was gone! To be honest I was waiting for it to get oily again within an hour or so, but a few hours later and oil and shine is still at bay!
I was originally super hesitant to buy this powder but now I'm so glad I did! Plus I found the price to be very affordable and i think the compact will last me a long time.