July 26, 2014 | 1754 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2012 6:30:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I was disappointed in this product. I tried it with different foundations, but every time it makes my make up look cakey and uneven whenever I use it to set my make up or touch up my T zone later in the day. Whether I stipple on lightly or puff it on... nothing worked! : (

Plus, two of my Blot powders broke in the pan. Seems like a fragile formula, so I don't know how people carry this in their purse. This is one product to avoid from MAC. But their SFN powders are amazing and HG!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 8:32:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

I wouldnt buy this again because i think that the MSFN would be better as a blot.
this finish of my blot powder grey on my face, i have DARK and i have MSFN in med dark.
This does its job; takes away excess oil from your face during the day but i find that my oils return in about 3 hours. The packaging is great; a sleek black compact with a mirror in the lid though there is no little compartment for a sponge.
The powder is relatively fine and picks up easily on a brush. some people use this as a setting powder but i personally feel that it isnt good enough for that. i prefer banana powder by BEN NYE or MSFN because the finishes are more healthy looking and natural.
Blow powder doesnt really add a colour to your face, but the colour i chose does if you put too much of it on. i thought that if i bougth MED DARK then it would be too light if i put it on my face, but maybe thats what i need to do in order to be happy with this product.
it was no more than $24USD and it is roughly around $40 AUD.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by hancid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this powder! It does exactly what it promises to do. I bought it because my skin gets extremely oily in the summer and I needed something to control the oil and make my makeup remain in place. I was out of town at the time, and returned back to my hotel room after shopping for several hours. I was late for dinner and didn't have time to re-apply my makeup, however my face and especially my T-zone were really oily. I decided it would be a perfect time to try out my new purchase, I grabbed the puff and pressed the powder over the oily areas and instantly the oil was gone and the areas were matte! I was so pleased and surprised at how well it worked. I went out for dinner and when I got back my skin still looked pretty good! Now after I use my foundation I definitely use this powder after, I will press and roll the puff over my T-Zone and dust the rest of my face with a powder brush so that I don't end up looking too matte.
Only thing I would like to advise before you purchase, I am an extremely pale lady (NW15) and the light was too light! I am glad the sales lady talked me into buying the medium shade, even though the colour is really subtle it still shows.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Paigeluvs35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This gets rid of oil fast and is a great thing to keep in your purse for touch ups. The light color was great for my skin. One caution I have to throw out there is don't repeatedly use this product or it will dry you out! The best way to use this is mid-day, lightly with the puff it came with. I would highly recommend against setting foundation with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by pvo0315

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great product. My face doesn't look as oily and shiny with this powder on. I don't give it a 5 stars because I have to re-apply the powder once in a while and it is quite expensive. However, it works and I will buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2012 9:19:00 AM More reviews by kailingggg

I am already hitting pan on this product. AMAZING. I have skin that can produce oil enough to fry a sunny side up and this magic power can actually control the sebum and made my skin matte longer! And even if towards the afternoon like 5-6pm, my skin is oily, but it just looks like i have glowing moisturized skin! I was really amazed by this product. My colour is NC25-NC30 and I am using the colour Medium Dark. I highly recommend this to all the oily girls. Try it out! You'll be as amazed as i was :D

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by melllm

I only use this if my skin is acting really oily, but it isn't one of my go to products. I prefer wearing my mineralize skinfinish alone and that is enough oil control for me. But if you have really oily skin this would likely work for you. The only thing I am not crazy about is that I find that sometimes it looks and feels a bit heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by KOuilhon

I was looking for something to dust over my face during the day to control shine on my chin, nose and forehead. I had been using mineral powder and it looked great at first but then a few hours later I was a shiny mess. I am SOOOO glad I found this blot powder. I dust a little over my shiny areas and it instantly mattifies it without adding a bunch of cakey colored powder. This is now a staple in my makeup routine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 9:11:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

Tentative HG powder for my oily skin! My skin is in the NC25-30 and I use "Medium Dark", so this powder actually runs quite light. It has very little color, so I would use it more as a setting powder.

It's not a miracle worker, but it does cut shine instantly and it is great for setting your concealer / foundation. I actually think I get some of that "airbrushed" look after I use it because it's finely-milled and softens everything. I apply with a big poofy brush because you don't need much. (In fact, if you add too much, you'll end up looking a bit cakey).

I've been using this product daily for months now and have made a dent in it, although I haven't seen pan yet. I'm fairly confident one compact of this will last you at least a year with daily use, which is great considering that it's not TOO expensive. Another winner from MAC!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 8:30:00 AM More reviews by AudreyNgo

Perfect pressed powder for my extremely oily skin. Cover my pore but still looking nature. My skin is also no more breakout like other powders. I love kaolin ingredient contained and no Talc in this Blot Powder. White Kaolin is one of the rare best ingredients that help absorb oil on my skin. I'm so satisfied on its quality. However, hope having a separate place to put its puff, like Mac Studio Fix Foundation plus Powder, instead of directly put onto powder.