April 21, 2014 | 1235 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by DieMyDarling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A life saver. Ended my decade long struggle with an always oily tzone. Perfect. THANK YOU JESUS for this products existence and for me finally finding it!!!!!! I love it so much I can't even think of what to say. I have a super oily tzone and it takes the tiniest amount to lightly blot it away, and it STAYS away for hours and hours... HG!!!! Buy it! You won't be sorry! Just remember it takes very little to do a whole lot! You get your moneys worth for sure.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2012 9:57:00 AM More reviews by alisonjane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i will NEVER buy another pressed powder ever again! this is a tad on the expensive side for a powder but so worth it. i am 30 years of age and still get extremely oily skin. i only have to reapply some of this once during the day. i wish i'd known about this in my teenage years, it would've made a big difference to my confidence :(

*****UPDATE*****
after a week of using this, i broke out in the most terrible spots, even on my forehead which i never, ever get spots on. it also seemed to stop working altogether, my skin was oilier than ever. this product has put me off trying any other MAC products.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by bumblebee770

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Always have it in my makeup bag for matting down during the day. The colors do run light, I'm MAC Pro Longwear in NW20 and use this in Medium. A close dup is Revlon Colorstay Pressed Powder in Light but MAC Blot is the best! I buy replacement puffs at Target.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Silverlife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love how it just absorbs the oil and shine on my face instantly!! I tried this before but I was looking for a powder that had coverage because I had alot of acne dark spots all over my face,but if your looking for a powder that has coverage then this really don't have coverage for acne spots,dark spots or any hyperpigmentation. This powder is for people who have oily skin and combination skin(for those t zone areas that get oily and shiney). I don't think it's transparant like they say the coverage to me is sheer and matte.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Clp0001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

ABSOLUTELY obsessed with this stuff. I have a very oily T-zone and this little baby fixes it everytime. And the best part is that it doesnt add extra makeup or anything to your face. And since there is no talc, you wont look like a ghost if you apply it multiple times. I also have very acne prone skin and this has NOT broken me out at ALL. And ive been using it for over a month.

Go buy it-it's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by rosemua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this and have gone through two. My face always oils up during the day and this is so easy to whip out and apply quickly, and in the mornings I use it over my whole face with a powder brush. I also recommend this to Bride’s who’s makeup I do as something they should purchase and keep with them on the wedding day to get rid of any shine quickly and keep it under control. I wouldn’t recommend it for people with dry skin but for those with some oil issues who get shiny during the day, this is the best.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by ElectricBlack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Alright, unlike some people here, I actually decided to use up a whole compact prior to reviewing. Hopefully it'd give you a better picture of the product.

Foundation: Chanel Perfection Lumiere 50 Beige, MUFE Matt Velvet 35
I'm a 24 year old asian guy with an NC35ish tone with slightly dry chin and lower cheeks and very oily t-zones and also the highest portion of my cheek around the nose. I'm currently using MAC Blot on shade Medium-Dark. Aside from using Milk of Magnesia, this is the only thing that kept my skin so matt and did set my foundation which tend to shine a bit throughout the day. I tend to reapply at least once or twice a day which is no biggy since i'm an oil sleek usually and this has been such a great improvement.

My only problem would be that i'm a guy and when i wear my makeup, i want then to look extremely naturally and barely noticeable. This powder tend to look a bit powdery on me unless i put on bronzer to mask the ghostly look it gives me. :-( but i will still repurchase this until the next best mattifyer comes along. I just wish they put a bit of color in these things so to avoid that ghostly cast. I'll definitely buy a darker shade soon since i've long hit the pan on this one unless one of you would be kind enough to suggest a better alternative :(

***UPDATE: Found the next "best" thing...similar effect but a fraction of the price....Rimmel London's Stay Matte Powder has the exact same effect on camera, on daylight and artificial light so ya...if you're using this you might wanna check Rimmel's dupe :)

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by roesar7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to use Urban Decay's Translucent Powder until I got too frustrated with the poor quality of the container mixed with the expensive price, so I decided to give this a try since it was 10$ cheaper, and I'm so glad I did!

Pros: make my make up stay longer than any other blotting powder I've used
-gives a nice matte finish
Cons: this is VERY light. My skin always matches the lightest shade of any brand, but next time I purchase this I will be sure to get a shade darker, as the lightest shade doesn't match if I try to layer it on
- it can cake up (sides of nose, chin, etc) if too much is applied before you blot with a napkin or something

For me, this lasts about 2 hours depending on the day before I have to reapply, but that's okay because the compact is so durable and convenient I can do it anywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by KilllJoysMakeSomeNoise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

As another reviewer commented, this powder does run VERY light. MAC does not make a foundation shade light enough for me, however Blot in Light is almost too light. It does not have a heavy feel at all, very light and airy,even better when applied with a powder brush. On me, it controls oil for about 8 hours, and even then I'll just use a blotting sheet and some more powder and I'm good to go. I use this with F&B (N1 mixed with white) and it provides a very natural finish.

I'm on my 4th compact of this, so obviously I would rec this to a friend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This runs veeerrrrry light. My summer shade is NW30 and medium dark is very light when first put on. When it settles into your face though, you don't look like a ghost. If I were a hair darker than NW30, I'd get the darker color. Maybe the oils oxidize it and turn it darker while wearing?

This being said, this powder is a godsend. I have been soooo oily all summer and I set my makeup with this and reapply as my face looks shiny (which is less often w this product). Nothing has ever made my face more matte. I also put a teeny bit under bottom eyelashes to prevent mascara/liner smudging. I use the puff it came with and like the finish it gives.

Highly recommend if your forehead looks like mine (an oil slick)!!