MAC Blot Powder

4.2

Dimethicone, Silica, Kaolin, Water, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Methicone, Coconut Acid, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxid lllol

on 4/27/2013 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Absolutely LOVE this product!! THIS IS HG FOR ME!! - just a little background on my skin - I have the oiliest skin type there is! I use this throughout the day over my Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation, and these to products together create perfection! After about 2-3hours i start getting shiny and all i do is pat some of this on my nose and face with the puff it comes with and im left with completely matt, soft focused airbrushed looking skin! I have tried so hard and gone through so many products to control my oil throughout the day and my search is over! THANKYOU MAC!! If like me you have very oily skin this will be Perfect for you!! Go out and buy it!! NOW!! :)

Edit - 15/01/2015 - I no longer use this as i realised it caused me breakouts :( I have however found an even better alternative which is the Urban Decay DeSlick Pressed Powder. So if this breaks you out try Urban Decay :)

on 4/13/2013 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Love this! I keep this on my desk at work for touch ups in the afternoon when I start to get oily. I love MAC and the packaging so its great for my handbag too. I am NC25 and I think I have the medium which works perfectly for me.

EDIT July 2014: I've swapped this because I prefer more coverage for my touchup powders. Its a great product if you aren't looking for any coverage. However I found that Rimmel's stay matte pressed powder MUCH cheaper and works just as effectively as a great dupe for this (even more so in my opinion), although the packaging of the MAC blot powder is much more impressive. I can't really justify the price of the MAC blot powder even though I love MAC products.

on 4/9/2013 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Looooove this product! A few dabs goes a long way with my very oily skin. For reference, I'm an NC50 and deep dark works perfectly for me. I had dark before and it made me look ashy and broke apart really easily. Don't know where I'd be without my blot powder and it lasts a LONG time too. Only reason it gets 4 lippies is because the applicator sponge that it comes with is awful. Other than that, yay MAC!

*edit: 8/29/13*
Tossed this sucker out because I started to hate it and broke apart way too easily, creating created the biggest mess ever. I think i'll just stay away from MAC's blot powder. Right now I'm testing out MUFE's transluscent powder so *hopefully* that works for me.

on 4/5/2013 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I am SO happy I bought this product! My skin is extremely oily and it is the most embarrassing thing ever! My skin is also acne-prone and I have uneven/reddness. Sounds great doesn't it?

When doing my makeup, I apply a primer, my foundation, and then a setting powder. Right before I go out the door, I apply this MAC powder (mine is in Light- which is very light! but seems almost translucent, so it is perfect for me!) with an Eco-Tools big fluffy powder brush.

The look from this powder is a perfect matte finish without looking cakey or too powdery (I use a pretty good amount and it still won't look powdery). You can also touch-up with this product and not worry about it caking on and looking over done. This powder has also NOT made me breakout- yay!

Lasting power: Far superior than all other mattifying powders I have tried. Because my skin is so oily, this powder DOES NOT keep me matte all day. However, like I stated, it does a much better job than other powders. I only have to touch up after about four hours, and even then I am not a greasy mess, but have just a little bit of shine on my T-zone (which is awesome for me). I do however, need to be careful applying this to my dry areas (corners of mouth and nose & chin crease thing below my bottom lip) because it can cause that annoying dry feeling.

A dupe for this, because this is expensive for just a pressed powder (and I went through it a little over a month-I use it every day, 2-3 times) is the Maybelline Dream Matte pressed powder. For me, the MAC lasts longer and looks more natural than the Maybelline. The Maybelline is quite easy to look powdery and noticeable, especially after touch ups!

Overall, I WILL continue to buy this product because I think the price it worth it for the lasting power, natural look, and ability to reapply without looking cakey. If you are willing to spend more, buy this! If not, I suggest the Maybelline Dream Matte pressed powder!

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Best blot powder hands down. I use this in deep dark and my face doesn't looked polished without it. My skin is extremely oily so I will say this doesn't keep the shine away all day as it possibly could for someone with a less oily complexion. What this product does for me is take away the sheen and soften the look of my imperfections/pores. No other blot powder has done that for me without looking slightly ashy or settling into the dry spots awkwardly. Keep in mind I wear no other foundation on a daily basis. I don't mind reapplying a few times to get the overall affect of making my skin pretty.

on 3/30/2013 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a nice mattifying powder, it's easy to pick up onto your brush, doesn't look cakey unless you overdo it and controls oil well. It doesn't look seamless or invisible on my skin, so if you want to truly look like you have nothing on, this probably isn't the powder for you. The compact doesn't have a separate compartment for a sponge, which is why I marked that down. All in all, a solid powder for oil control and setting foundation.

on 3/29/2013 2:41:00 PM

This product is pretty good for controlling oily T-Zones. I have combination skin, and I use this for a quick touch-ups at the end of a long work day. A little goes a long way. I have fair skin, but still bought the med-dark colour, as I found the med was a little too light and made me look chalky.

on 3/20/2013 3:44:00 PM

This powder is a great one for oily t-zoned people like me. It blots all the oil without caking my face. I sometimes even use this powder to set my foundation since there isn't much color. I always have this compact with me. I don't leave the house without it.

I purchased this in Medium Dark (although I am fair skinned, this color's fine. the powder in Light looks grey for some reason) for $26 CAD 3 months ago. I have hit pan quite a bit and will have to repurchase soon.

My only negative about this is the applicator. I absolutely hate it. I prefer to use a kabuki or any other brush but when I'm out I have no choice.

on 3/20/2013 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I have an oily t-zone and when it shines it SHINES. I use my MAC Prolongwear foundation (which lasts forever by the way) and once I get shiny I dab this on my forehead, nose and chin. You can't see the powder and it actually makes my face look smoother. Shine is gone and it lasts for about 2-3 hours. This is the best touch up product when you go out for a long time. Love this.

on 3/12/2013 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I so wanted to love this product but it didn't work for me, and my skin isn't very oily. Its effect lasts about 2 hours top, whereas the random loose powders I've used last much longer. My drugstore pressed powders also performed better.

Recommended for Normal Skin