Clinique Superdefense SPF 25 Age Defense Moisturizer

3.7

PPD: 5, Active Ingredients: Octisalate 5.00%, Oxybenzone 5.00%, Avobenzone 3.00% Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Isopropyl PPG-2-Isodeceth-7,Carboxylate, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Polyester-8,Butylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Silica, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Coffea Robusta Seed Extract, Echinacea Pallida (Coneflower Extract), Rosemarinus Officianlis (Rosemary) Extract, Padina Pavonica (Thallis) Extract, Petrolatum, Sea Whip Extract, Jojoba Esters, Adenosine Phosphate, Disodium NADH, Rehalose, Creatine, Sodium RNA, Caffeine, Nordhydroguaiaretic Acid, Sodium DNA, Phytosphingosine, Linoleic Acid, Cholesterol, Ferulic Acid, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aminopropyl Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sucrose, Micrococcus Lysate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Cetearyl Glycoside, Laurdimonium Hydropropyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Dimethiconol, Lecithin, Algae Extract, Hexylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Proplene Glycol Dicaprate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Maltodextrin, C1-8 Alkyl Tetrahydroxycyclohexanoate,Caprylyl Glycol, Isohexadecane, Polyethylene, Ethylhexylglycerin, Zeolite, Behenyl Alcohol, Hydroxymethylcellulose, Polysorbate 80, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Coploymer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Tromethamine, Decarboxy Carnosine HCL, Xathan Gum, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Sulfate, Disodim EDTA, Phenoxyethanol [ILN34338]

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Thank goodness for MUA. I was using a jar of this I got with a GWP just to get rid of it before I buy another tube of my regular facial sunscreen. But I noticed my skin seemed very red and just irritated after I used it a couple days, so I checked out the reviews here and my suspicions were confirmed. And now I find out that the sunscreen probably didn't even work! I chucked it in the garbage and will rely on my Alba sunscreen instead.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

REALLY love this one. works well on my skin. not oily at all. absorb very well.
at first, my skin feel kinda dry but i keep using it and within a month i feel great improvement on my skin! softer and looks really healthy. my favorite moist with SPF so far and def. repurchase this :)

I have been looking for a good daytime moisturizer with SPF. I am very fair with freckles so a good SPF is important to me. I picked this up at my local CCO and I have to say I love it. It's rich and creamy, but absorbs well. It's really nice under my makeup, not oily or sticky. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's in a jar instead of a bottle, but I will definitely repurchase this product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I really wanted to like this product,but after two days wearing it my eyes were really sore wasn't sure if it was causing it but stopped useing the cream and my eyes were fine but it took a couple of days to recover as they were a little red and sore near my eyelids, i'm pretty dissapointed as it cost me alot. ..but maybe other people wont have this problem.my skin is a bit sensitive but it only affected my eyes. As for moisturising it did ok but nothing amazing.

P.S Just to clarify I didnt put it near my eyes or on my eye lids but thinkin back when I put foundation on with a sponge some of the cream from my face could of got on my eyelids so maybe that was it? but still never had a reaction this bad from a cream before!

I really wanted to like this moisturizer because on the looks of it; it has it all. Especially the SPF 25! Unfortunately, even though I don't have sensitive skin and have never had any problems, the cream causes a slight burning sensation, especially around the eyes.

On the plus side, my skin feels soft and is not shiny whatsoever, but taking the price into account I would not buy again; and revert to my old best friend, Olay.

This is an expensive product, but if you can afford to buy the 50ml, it is much more cost effective. However, they have been including this cream in the UK bonus time packages recently, and I got the equivalent of 45ml in pots, which will keep me going for ages.

I have the normal/combination version of this cream. It feels rich on your fingers, but spreads out well to a lightweight cream on your face. I use this in the morning after my anti-blemish 3 step. The SPF 25 helps add some good sun protection, and it sinks in quite quickly to leave a natural matte finish. It has not caused any blemishes on my combination/sensitive/acne prone skin which is a blessing in disguise and does not cause me to produce lots of oil through the day.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is a review for the reformated version -- This updated formula came out beginning of 2009 and it is a lot more irritating. I have experienced burning sensation as well as occational red patches due to this lotion.

The older formula was MUCH better. CLINQUE, please bring it back!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Considering that the active sunscreen ingredients are neither broad spectrum, nor stable, this is a rubbish product. It shouldn't be marketed as a sunscreen, because there's no protection here. Active Ingredients: octinoxate 7.40%, avobenzone 3.00%, oxybenzone 2.00%.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

i used this a while back when i first started highschool and remembered i really liked it.
now that i'm in college and am dealing with persistent acne, i repurchase it again because i needed a moisturizer with spf so i dont have to apply it separately.
this stuff smells like straight up sunblock.
and when i apply it, it burns...at first i thought it was because my skin has been sensitive from acne perscription usage.
but now reading other reviews, i wasnt the only one.
i only used it twice but i got two developing pimples on my cheek...i really wonder if this contribute to it.
returning it!

I bought this moisturiser when I was on holiday and ran out of my usual Ella Bache moisturiser. Not only was it an incredibly light-weight formula which barely did anything near hydrating my skin, I had a burning sensation every time I used it (and I don't have sensitive skin). I was very glad to find an Ella Bache stockist and buy my usual again.