The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Alcohol Denat., PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polysorbate 20, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, t-Butyl Alcohol, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Citral, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol.

on 3/20/2012 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After one use I have noticed a major difference in the size and redness of my sparse acne pimples. I get them from time to time around my chin, and I am not sure if it's hormonal or just clogged pores. I never had acne until my late 20's. I bought a set at Ulta for only $29, and it comes with five full size products. It includes the cleanser, toner, lotion, and tea tree oil. I used them one after the other. There was a slight sting when I applied this with a q-tip, but it went away quickly. 100% tea tree oil is strong, so strong that it might burn and irritate the skin. The Body Shop is just selling the safest version for their company. This works for basic acne, but some people with deep cystic acne or other types might need to see a dermatologist. I don't mind the smell, it goes away after awhile.

on 1/3/2012 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I didn't really find this did anything. It helped keep my acne/oily skin under control, but didn't improve it. I gave it to my roommate, who likes this line. I will not be purchasing any tea tree oil products again (except for the concealer, which I like), as I just do not find them helpful for acne-prone skin. I think they are helpful if you get bacteria-related acne, but not acne that is related to hormones or oil-production. I also REALLY hated the smell of this - having such a concentrated amount of TT oil on my face made me feel really sick to my stomach. The packaging is also really annoying.

on 11/9/2011 6:27:00 PM

This oil really help me to dry my acne and comedo scars,really worth it!

on 11/6/2011 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i had high hopes for this one too... after reading the reviews from other sites (it was before i discovered makeupalley), i finally decided on buying myself one of these. i religiously applied this stuff on my face at night but nothing happened. the most reaction i got was redness and irritation but no zit-zapping. definately not buying this again.

on 11/2/2011 6:41:00 AM

It did have effects when applied over emerging zits but I just buy tea tree essential oil and dilute it myself now - cheaper and more effective.

on 9/6/2011 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have used better tea tree oils. My friend brought this to me from a store in Canada. The concentration seems weak, and it is quite a small amount you get. I, wasn't impressed....thank goodness it was a gift.

on 9/4/2011 10:35:00 AM

The tea tree oil concentration is not strong enough for me to dry pimple up or heal my burst pimple. Plus, it comes in such small amount and thus making the product expensive. It is not easy to uncap too and thus I prefer to use tea tree plantation brand instead.

on 8/24/2011 8:37:00 AM

I use this on sore muscles (just a drop) and as a spot treatment for pimples. Works great and pimples disappear by next day!

on 8/9/2011 9:08:00 PM

I don't think this helped my skin at all. My acne did not get any better after using this product. All it did was make my face feel a bit cleaner. Also, this product doesn't have the most pleasant scent.

on 7/17/2011 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This product has broken me out on several occasions and it doesn't matter if I apply it straight, dilute it with carrier oils, mix it with lotions, etc. This might work for someone with less reactive skin but for me, it made my skin worse. I would not recommend this to a friend.

Popular Treatments (Face)