November 26, 2014 | 1612 users online

Treatments (Face) - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2011 12:05:00 PM More reviews by kooksfan

This is 15% tea tree oil and 75% alcohol. Unless you're a fan of extremely dry skin, do yourself a favor and buy the 100% tea tree oil at your local health food store. I was interested in trying the entire Body Shop tea tree line since reading about the benefits of tea tree oil on acne prone skin. When I went to The Body Shop to check it out, the sales people were incredibly pushy and overbearing. One sales person tried three different body scrubs on my hand after telling her I was interested in purchasing only the skin care line. I read the ingredients on a couple of the products from the tea tree line and they read like your typical drugstore product ingredient list. I was hoping that the line would be more natural and simple but that wasn't case. The prices are really reasonable, though. You can buy the tea tree skincare kit at Sephora for $29 and I didn't see any products over $15. I didn't have a good experience with The Body Shop tea tree oil. It dried my skin out (tea tree oil can dry your skin out but I think it was due to the alcohol content), and didn't do much in terms of making my pimples smaller. I plan on returning it. It was only $9 but since I have no use for it, why not return it. Since purchasing this product, i've visited my local natural food store and bought 100% tea tree oil for $8.00 +tax. I apply it at night with a cotton ball after using my toner. The smell is very strong and isn't too pleasant but it does a great job of reducing the size of my pimples, redness, and I think it's helped make my skin more even. Hope this helps.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 3:09:00 AM More reviews by wanice18

I've been using this product for about three years. I get blackheads on my nose (which I hate) and every night I cleanse, exfoliate and dab this oil specifically on places where I get blackheads or if I have any pimples that have appeared. I've noticed a dramatic decline in blackheads on my nose, and while there are still some there, the majority disappear within 7 - 8 nights of using it. As for my pimples, tea tree oil is a good anti - septic and it will stop the bacteria from pimples spreading and causing more pimples...
The smell is quite strong, and I think most people would probably dislike it. It's best used at night I think, for this reason alone. I don't really like using it every night, as the smell is quite strong for me. But I always come back to this product, and I always make sure I have a bottle in the bathroom.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2011 6:20:00 AM More reviews by syf2103

My skin was normally pretty good - had the occasional break out (forehead/nose) under stress, otherwise very clear.
A year and a half ago my skin drastically changed - I broke out constantly and in places I never had acne (ie. my cheeks and chin).
I decided to try this tea tree oil and it worked like magic.
My acne calmed down.
However, after prolonged usage, the treated areas became really red and dry. So I stopped using it for a while.
Now, I use it every now and then when my skin flares up, but doesn't seem to work as well as it first did.
Having said that, I still bought a new one just because it seems more natural/less harsh than other treatments (ie. salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 10:21:00 PM More reviews by lilangelswmgrl

This works wonders on my pimples. I got my boyfriend & my brother to try the tea tree oil, and they love it too. I like to dab it at night after I shower on with clean fingers, because a lot is wasted when you use cotton swabs so you'll go through the bottle faster. It really helps with redness as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2011 2:59:00 AM More reviews by shortsmallsweet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

The 1st time I used this it gave my small red bumps - I probably used too much! It helps heal pimples quicker and I enjoy the scent of tea tree anytime. It also helped lighten the scar my boyfriend has on the bridge of his nose!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by cancorso

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

this products is very good acne treatment solution. it dries acne well. the only downside is it's smell, oily texture so it's better to use it when you're staying home.

you can find a cheaper version in a bigger bottle in Walmart

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by janekinecheng

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this product at a promotion price, $5. It was amazing. All my pimples disappeared in one night. I tried several products for my pimples before, this is the best best ever~

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by JoliePixel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

EDIT: I used this stuff for a month maybe, then I had MAJOR irritation and it stoped to work completely. It's an issue I had with most Body Shop product I tried; for the first few weeks it seems to work perfectly and after a bit my skin turn into a ugly mess, and return to normal when I stop using their products...

FIRST REVIEW: The tea tree oil from the Body Shop isn't 100% pure, on the bottle, they say that it contains 15% tea tree oil. The first ingredient is water, so it is diluted tea tree oil. The second ingredient is alcohol denat, which may cause some irritation to some people. I'm always afraid to use new product on my face as I breakout easily but my zits and pimples really love this tea tree oil. I also found that turning the little bottle upside down and waiting for the drops to comes out one by one is the best way to control the quantity used (don't shake the bottle like crazy thinking nothing comes out like I used to do! ^_^). So I usually wash my face, use a benzoyl peroxide gel on the rest of my face and put 2 or 3 drops of tea tree oil on a cotton swab and apply it directly on my pimples. They usually disappear after 1 or 2 days of use. BUT, there's often a scar after that... grrr. So, it's useful when I want my pimples to disappear quickly, but it's not perfect, that's why I gave it 4 lippies. It's good, it actually work for me, but it's certainly not perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 11:24:00 AM More reviews by greengoblin

I use this product as a spot treatement. Anytime I see a blemish about to show its ugly face, I dab a little of this oil on it and massage it in before going to bed at night. It works, and it works really well. Just a red spot goes in one application and anything above the surface goes in two applications. I even use it on my acne scars before bed and they are going away at a quick pace too. It does have a strong smell but that really dosent bother me.
I would definately purchase this product again, except the price factor. It is expensive for a tiny bottle that has only 15% tea tree oil. I know there are cheaper ones out there which are 100% tea tree oil, although I dont know if those are very strong and miight burn the skin a little.
But I v used about half of this bottle and I love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2011 11:34:00 PM More reviews by iheartCoral

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I find that this tea tree oil does not work that well. It didn't really help with blemishes as a spot treatment. The body shop tea tree oil contains 15% tea tree oil only plus other ingredients. I didn't realize this until I took a closer look and compared it to the 100% tea tree oil I bought at a health food store. For the price of 15% tea tree oil only is quite expensive...$9 CAD for a 10mL bottle, where as the one I bought at a health food store 100% pure tea tree oil for $11 for a 25mL bottle. $2 more for 100% oil and 15mL more!
I would suggest going to a health food store near you and pick up one there. They have a lot of brands of tea tree oils for you to choose from.