September 30, 2014 | 1738 users online

Treatments (Face) - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 10:21:00 PM More reviews by lilangelswmgrl

This works wonders on my pimples. I got my boyfriend & my brother to try the tea tree oil, and they love it too. I like to dab it at night after I shower on with clean fingers, because a lot is wasted when you use cotton swabs so you'll go through the bottle faster. It really helps with redness as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2011 2:59:00 AM More reviews by shortsmallsweet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

The 1st time I used this it gave my small red bumps - I probably used too much! It helps heal pimples quicker and I enjoy the scent of tea tree anytime. It also helped lighten the scar my boyfriend has on the bridge of his nose!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by cancorso

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

this products is very good acne treatment solution. it dries acne well. the only downside is it's smell, oily texture so it's better to use it when you're staying home.

you can find a cheaper version in a bigger bottle in Walmart

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by janekinecheng

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this product at a promotion price, $5. It was amazing. All my pimples disappeared in one night. I tried several products for my pimples before, this is the best best ever~

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by JoliePixel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

EDIT: I used this stuff for a month maybe, then I had MAJOR irritation and it stoped to work completely. It's an issue I had with most Body Shop product I tried; for the first few weeks it seems to work perfectly and after a bit my skin turn into a ugly mess, and return to normal when I stop using their products...

FIRST REVIEW: The tea tree oil from the Body Shop isn't 100% pure, on the bottle, they say that it contains 15% tea tree oil. The first ingredient is water, so it is diluted tea tree oil. The second ingredient is alcohol denat, which may cause some irritation to some people. I'm always afraid to use new product on my face as I breakout easily but my zits and pimples really love this tea tree oil. I also found that turning the little bottle upside down and waiting for the drops to comes out one by one is the best way to control the quantity used (don't shake the bottle like crazy thinking nothing comes out like I used to do! ^_^). So I usually wash my face, use a benzoyl peroxide gel on the rest of my face and put 2 or 3 drops of tea tree oil on a cotton swab and apply it directly on my pimples. They usually disappear after 1 or 2 days of use. BUT, there's often a scar after that... grrr. So, it's useful when I want my pimples to disappear quickly, but it's not perfect, that's why I gave it 4 lippies. It's good, it actually work for me, but it's certainly not perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 11:24:00 AM More reviews by greengoblin

I use this product as a spot treatement. Anytime I see a blemish about to show its ugly face, I dab a little of this oil on it and massage it in before going to bed at night. It works, and it works really well. Just a red spot goes in one application and anything above the surface goes in two applications. I even use it on my acne scars before bed and they are going away at a quick pace too. It does have a strong smell but that really dosent bother me.
I would definately purchase this product again, except the price factor. It is expensive for a tiny bottle that has only 15% tea tree oil. I know there are cheaper ones out there which are 100% tea tree oil, although I dont know if those are very strong and miight burn the skin a little.
But I v used about half of this bottle and I love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2011 11:34:00 PM More reviews by iheartCoral

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I find that this tea tree oil does not work that well. It didn't really help with blemishes as a spot treatment. The body shop tea tree oil contains 15% tea tree oil only plus other ingredients. I didn't realize this until I took a closer look and compared it to the 100% tea tree oil I bought at a health food store. For the price of 15% tea tree oil only is quite expensive...$9 CAD for a 10mL bottle, where as the one I bought at a health food store 100% pure tea tree oil for $11 for a 25mL bottle. $2 more for 100% oil and 15mL more!
I would suggest going to a health food store near you and pick up one there. They have a lot of brands of tea tree oils for you to choose from.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2011 8:00:00 AM More reviews by jgoreham

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like tea tree oil in general, I put 5 drops into a small bottle of water and use that on a cotton pad on my face (spot treatment, sometimes a toner). For many people, tea tree oil on its' own is too strong to use on the skin without diluting. The first time I used it, I used it straight and it was too much, it healed up pimples that I'd already picked at but it did also cause redness. My tea tree oil use is improved with dilution- it's a great natural antiseptic. Takes stuff off my face and helps with healing of existing spots.

The thing is that you can buy tea tree oil elsewhere for a lot less. I buy an equivalant product at Bulk Barn cheaper than the body shop. Too bad Body Shop doesn't price this product appropriately.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2011 9:22:00 AM More reviews by essncia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Well, this product cause me doubts. As I have combination and sensitive skin, when I use this product more then I should it makes my pimples go worse, and they go very red, however if I use just a little every night they grow smaller and eventualy disapear after some days.
The big problem I have with this oil is that makes my pimples go red which is bad to cover it up with make up.
Pros: with the right usage makes pimples desapear.
Cons: the smell (behh) and the redness on sensiteves skins.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has probably been the one thing I have ever tried in my life that my skin hasn't reacted from or made existing pimples worse. I'm one of those people who has fair, clear skin, so when I get a pimple, its so noticable. When I apply this on a popped pimple, the next day, the redness and swelling has reduced dramatically and in several days, it will be gone! I dab this onto pimples with a cotton swab before I go to sleep (sometimes in the morning before moisturizer). I can feel the tea tree oil working inside my pores and cleaning the insides. My only problem if anything is that the packaging is a tiny glass bottle. It just makes it more likely to break in case its dropped, but otherwise, FANTASTIC product! This is one thing I could not go anywhere without.