The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Alcohol Denat., PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polysorbate 20, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, t-Butyl Alcohol, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Citral, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol.

on 11/9/2011 6:27:00 PM

This oil really help me to dry my acne and comedo scars,really worth it!

on 11/6/2011 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i had high hopes for this one too... after reading the reviews from other sites (it was before i discovered makeupalley), i finally decided on buying myself one of these. i religiously applied this stuff on my face at night but nothing happened. the most reaction i got was redness and irritation but no zit-zapping. definately not buying this again.

on 11/2/2011 6:41:00 AM

It did have effects when applied over emerging zits but I just buy tea tree essential oil and dilute it myself now - cheaper and more effective.

on 9/6/2011 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have used better tea tree oils. My friend brought this to me from a store in Canada. The concentration seems weak, and it is quite a small amount you get. I, wasn't impressed....thank goodness it was a gift.

on 9/4/2011 10:35:00 AM

The tea tree oil concentration is not strong enough for me to dry pimple up or heal my burst pimple. Plus, it comes in such small amount and thus making the product expensive. It is not easy to uncap too and thus I prefer to use tea tree plantation brand instead.

on 8/24/2011 8:37:00 AM

I use this on sore muscles (just a drop) and as a spot treatment for pimples. Works great and pimples disappear by next day!

on 8/9/2011 9:08:00 PM

I don't think this helped my skin at all. My acne did not get any better after using this product. All it did was make my face feel a bit cleaner. Also, this product doesn't have the most pleasant scent.

on 7/17/2011 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This product has broken me out on several occasions and it doesn't matter if I apply it straight, dilute it with carrier oils, mix it with lotions, etc. This might work for someone with less reactive skin but for me, it made my skin worse. I would not recommend this to a friend.

on 7/17/2011 12:05:00 PM

This is 15% tea tree oil and 75% alcohol. Unless you're a fan of extremely dry skin, do yourself a favor and buy the 100% tea tree oil at your local health food store. I was interested in trying the entire Body Shop tea tree line since reading about the benefits of tea tree oil on acne prone skin. When I went to The Body Shop to check it out, the sales people were incredibly pushy and overbearing. One sales person tried three different body scrubs on my hand after telling her I was interested in purchasing only the skin care line. I read the ingredients on a couple of the products from the tea tree line and they read like your typical drugstore product ingredient list. I was hoping that the line would be more natural and simple but that wasn't case. The prices are really reasonable, though. You can buy the tea tree skincare kit at Sephora for $29 and I didn't see any products over $15. I didn't have a good experience with The Body Shop tea tree oil. It dried my skin out (tea tree oil can dry your skin out but I think it was due to the alcohol content), and didn't do much in terms of making my pimples smaller. I plan on returning it. It was only $9 but since I have no use for it, why not return it. Since purchasing this product, i've visited my local natural food store and bought 100% tea tree oil for $8.00 +tax. I apply it at night with a cotton ball after using my toner. The smell is very strong and isn't too pleasant but it does a great job of reducing the size of my pimples, redness, and I think it's helped make my skin more even. Hope this helps.

on 7/12/2011 3:09:00 AM

I've been using this product for about three years. I get blackheads on my nose (which I hate) and every night I cleanse, exfoliate and dab this oil specifically on places where I get blackheads or if I have any pimples that have appeared. I've noticed a dramatic decline in blackheads on my nose, and while there are still some there, the majority disappear within 7 - 8 nights of using it. As for my pimples, tea tree oil is a good anti - septic and it will stop the bacteria from pimples spreading and causing more pimples...
The smell is quite strong, and I think most people would probably dislike it. It's best used at night I think, for this reason alone. I don't really like using it every night, as the smell is quite strong for me. But I always come back to this product, and I always make sure I have a bottle in the bathroom.

Popular Treatments (Face)

Retin A
Lemon Juice
Nerium AD

Top Rated Treatments (Face)

Top Rated The Body Shop Products