April 18, 2014 | 1632 users online

Eye Shadow - Clinique - Color Surge Duo in Strawberry Fudge

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2008 3:35:00 PM More reviews by PalmettoBlondie

I first noticed this duo when I was shopping with a friend (way before I was ever really "into" makeup). It was about 3 years later and I found myself wondering if this duo was still around. Luckily - it was. That in and of itself speaks volumes about the product. With a name like "Strawberry Fudge" what's not to love? I'm a big fan of the pink. The gold undertones really shine day or night! Far and away the most unique color I've ever had the pleasure of wearing. Most eyeshadow "shimmer" - but this one is truly iridescent! The brown works well as a complimentary shade - not too dark, it's just right. Colors go on smooth and blend well. Comes with mirror and sponge/bristle brush - best of both worlds! Will continue to purchase as long as Clinique makes it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2008 11:37:00 PM More reviews by smeegal9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I almost didn't buy this, but not because of the product... I was sold after swiping it on the back of my hand; however, the SA forced me to use Clinique's eye shadow base instead of my Bamboom paint(HG). She was rough with my eyeballs! Then she put so much shadow on that it was all over my cheeks and under my eyes. Then she tried to get that off by scraping with a cheap dollar store Q-tip.. looked like I came straight out of Cirque d'Soleil. Luckily Im not stupid, so I tried not to insult her handiwork by saying that it would look better with my usual primer. I bought it, and I'm glad that I did. First off the name just sounds decadent. Packaging is sturdy, Nice mirror and a brush/sponge applicator instead of just a sponge. The consistancy is not very finely milled, so it can go on gritty if you use a coarse brush. The strawberry color is a pretty rose gold changeling color depending on the light. The brown is not a typical dark crease brown. Its like a cup of hot chocolate with the foam still on top. My skin is Caramel, and this lightens and brightens the eye nicely. The brown is too light for a deep smokey eye,but works as a wash and/or a crease. And dark liner is a MUST, to avoid total eye wash out. Blendability is good. I always wear a MAC paint so I can't comment on the staying power by itself yet. If I swipe without a paint I'll let ya know how it does. This is a great neutral duo for subtle sexy eyes with strong pink, purple, or dark brown lips. I dont think it looks good with pale lips-I looked completely washed out with this shadow and MAC Honey Flower. On the other had it was a great compliment to Bare Minerals Buxom lip in Vanessa and to my BobbiBrown Cranberry and Slopes. Definately a re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2008 10:39:00 PM More reviews by zomgblah

I love this stuff. The colors are amazing and works on anyone. I got this as a sample about a year ago but never really looked at it until I saw my friend wear it. So far I've been using it everyday for a month and there's barely a dent in the pan. Both colors have a bit of a shimmer to them, so if you like more matte finishes I would choose something else. The pink is more of a gold peach and makes an awesome wash or highlight. I use the brown in the crease area and it blends perfectly with the golden peachy pink. Will repurchase if I ever run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2008 10:29:00 AM More reviews by ellyray

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A really beautiful duo that I have been coveting on eBay for months (finally picked up 2 for US$10- they are AUD$35 each retail!).
Firstly, I should say that I don't wear eyeshadows in `pairs'. Despite my near-obsession with makeup and four deep drawers filled with every cosmetic imaginable, I actually like to keep it pretty simple- as far as eyeshadow goes, I pick one colour for the day, brush it on the lid over some base, blend with my finger, maybe add a touch of highlighter in the socket, and I'm good to go. So I haven't tried these shades together- all that blending and contouring- way too fussy for me :)
The pink is surprisingly warm and has a gorgeous glowy gold finish that packs a punch with thick black lashes. I love the pigmentation of High Impact eyeshadows and this shade is no exception. I find that it wears very well too, it may fade a little by the end of the day but it doesn't slide off or become patchy, which low-quality powder shadows can do. I am usually a little too pink-toned to get away with pink eyeshadow (NW15-20), but I find the gold in this makes it surprisingly flattering- and ideal for day or night.
The brown is also lovely, a little more subdued and low-key and also perfect for both casual daywear and a smoky-eye look at night. It's more dramatic and less shimmery than the pink, and is just as highly pigmented. My favourite brown in the High Impact range is Foxy (cooler-toned and more shimmery), so I probably wouldn't go to this shade if it weren't stuck conveniently in its little pan next to the gorgeous pink, but it is definitely a flattering neutral colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2008 2:13:00 PM More reviews by qwerty_x3

The brown isn't so dark, unless you go over your eyes with it a lot of times. And the pink is so light, it's really nice. Together, it makes the perfect duo :) Woo, I'm repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2008 9:09:00 PM More reviews by ktu64

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't really use it a lot, but when I do, I always find it a nice cute colour to turn to when everything else just doesn't seem right. Pigmented enough, but I did get this in my mom's GWP, otherwise I definitely wouldn't have bought this (my 14-year old budget is too small to buy a 17 dollar eyeshadow). Standard e/s packaging, normal sponge applicator. But you have to love something thats named strawberry fudge : D

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2008 2:00:00 PM More reviews by hp11989

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall rating: I do like these colors, but I rarely wear this combo. Yet, I can't bring myself to part with it, perhaps for sentimental reasons. Clinique GWPs were among the first makeup items I played with. It's a beautiful duo of slightly reddened brown (think the color of true birch beer) paired with a golded pink. I think I would have like/used this combo more if it had a lighter-colored browbone highlighter. The pink shade is stunning but just way to deep for that, but it would make a gorgeous crease shade!
Price: This was a GWP, but I think Clinique's regular-priced duos are "mid-range," IMHO: $17.50.
Packaging: The usual eyeshadow packaging, although I must say that the silver-colored casing makes it easy to spot in my train case :-)
Would I buy again: No, I wouldn't. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2008 1:16:00 PM More reviews by hp11989

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Would I buy again: No, I wouldn't. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2008 10:56:00 AM More reviews by lola108

This eyeshadow wasn't as great for me as for some of the other reviewers. The colors were very light, and I had to apply it heavily to get the color I wanted. If I'm buying a department store brand of make-up, I don't think I should have to apply a lot of it to get a good color quality. I didn't think it had good enough staying power for the price. I'm sure with a primer underneath, it would be OK, but it didn't work for me when I tried it. Secondly, I threw away the little brush applicator thing that comes with it right away. It's too small to work with. That's not a big deal, but I thought I should at least mention that. Basically, this mascara isn't too bad. It isn't a terrible eye-shadow, but those are the problems I had with it. I'm sure I could find an eyeshadow just as good at a drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2008 7:19:00 PM More reviews by client9

This might be one of my favorite Clinique duo's, especially for the summer. The duo consists of a peachy pink with gold shimmer (think NARS Orgasm as an e/s) and a bronze brown color. I use both shades equally and its a nice but not an ott look for summer. Goes well with a variety of makeup looks. Some Clinique shadows don't last long, but this lasts all day on my lids and I don't even use an e/s base. Would repurchase this one for sure.