October 23, 2014 | 1448 users online

Foundations - Za - Two-Way Foundation SPF20 PA++

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2007 1:02:00 AM More reviews by toxik

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

One of the most affordable, cheap and good foundation in the drugstores in my country. It covers my redness/acne moderately with a swipe of it.

Can totally see the BEFORE AND AFTER difference! However i find that it oxidises pretty fast on me and i look alottt darker after that (but then again i have oily skin so whatever i use oxidises fast) and i had to get a shade darker than my face because of the different skin tone in my neck and face.

I'm still looking around for better foundations, but its highly possible i may repurchase this again if there's a need.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2006 4:04:00 PM More reviews by bibiancheng

I am a pharm school student and I consider cosmetics and skincares as "drugs", since they are chemicals that use topically. So, when I purchase a drug, I would see if its goods are more than its bad.
(Is it costing a lot of money while it just improving slightly? Is it using a lot of your time applying it rather than giving you more time to have some natural sleep?)

I give Za 2-way foundation a 5 because of several reasons.
First, it's light and super hypo-allergic. It doesn't give me any breakout ever, even people with oily skin can use it. (BTW, I am an Asian with combination skin, and it's always sensitive to new products.)

Second, it saves my time, it absorbs oil, works as a sunscreen, and corrects my discoloration at the same time. (my face is tanner than my neck due to sun exposure.)

Third, it's really safe, because I don't have to put moisturizer, SPF lotions from all different brands, which would cause complications. The special affinity of powder makes it easy to be cleaned off, you won't have to purchase a strong makeup remover which leaves more chemicals onto your face.

Fourth, its price is unbeatable. Imagine $8-10 can already give you a better looking face insider and outside, can save you money from buying extra skincare products, can give you more time for yourself rather than shopping around, and keep you from buying this and refunding that, turning yourself into a testing animal. Za two-way foundation can give you the healthier look with less time and money.

But, there's few points that you have to beware when using this product. First, it's for summer and it's for matte look. Second, don't use the sponge that comes along, try to apply with circular motion with your fingers, so that the heat from your fingers will help the affinity. Also, use it right after you clean your face/ after you apply the toner, the moisture on your face will help to hold the powder. If you apply it when u have very dry face, it will usually come off very quickly. Moisturizer might help sometimes, but beware of complication btw the powder and the moisturizer, sometimes, the two might interact.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2006 3:52:00 AM More reviews by Kuuipogal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for years. White version or original,no matter. Its one of the few drugstore powders that match my skin. I know its pitched to teens as Sheseido Jr,but it is a good product and has sunscreen,doesn't change to a weird orange in the humidity,and doesn't collect in my wrinkles. The packaging is sleek, and the cake doen't fall to pieces if you are a klutz and drop it on the floor. It has a good sized mirror too! The limited edition compact is cute!!I gotta keep one at home, one at work,one in my tote bag. Water or no water,you control the coverage. When I went to the mainland to visit, I brought a ton of these with me for treats....

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2006 11:50:00 PM More reviews by est_elle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The coverage is good but it gave me clogged pores after a few usage. Definitely will not purchase this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2006 6:29:00 PM More reviews by niff524

Pros:

-Nice shade selection
-Good yellow-baased shades
-Light-reflecting properties
-Reasonably good coverage which is quite buildable

Cons:

-Oxidizes and colour turns orangey!
-Can cake up a bit
-A bit on the dry side

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2006 3:11:00 AM More reviews by amazing_girl04

i had this a couple of months ago when deciding to try cheap drugstore brands.. mind you that i dont really opt for ds brands, as i believe that expensive products will always deliver me better results. but i just dont mind to try this as it is dirt cheap i bought in indo for only like US$11 include the case. i like the blue compact case and the huge mirror in it, but as far as the powder goes.. it didnt perform like what i expected. the coverage was pretty sheer, doesnt last all day and this powder foundie only give me the powder look without foundation in it. i prefer my revlon, chanel, and shiseido whita and UVwhite much better than this as they are more expensive and well-known. anyway i like the colour shade as mine is the palest one, but for the quality.. prefer not repurchasing though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2006 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Vittoriak

The price is attractive. The quality is good for its price. I bought colour 22, blends with my skin perfectly. Light Coverage. Fair oil-control. But it does even out my complextion.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2006 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Kahani

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Hoorah! New HG product for me. I've always loved powder foundations, but found that they just melt away in hot Malaysian weather. Za's 2-way foundation lasts all day with blotting though.

I still use my HG concealer, Revlon Colorstay Foundation, dust loose powder over to set, and then swipe on Za's foundation in shade 21 (a perfect match).

The coverage is high, and you can layer it on for higher coverage. On initial application, it's very matte and powdery, but after a few minutes it settles down and gives me a beautiful air-brushed glow. Very nice.

It's oil control is average... but then nothing has ever worked anyways. It doesn't break me out and it's very easily touched up. Blot, and pat it on, it doesn't look cakey.

I'll definitely buy again, and I love the LE case I got. It's smaller than the usual (the puff and foundation lie vertically instead of horizontally, and it's white with lovely pale green butterflies stenciled on. Adorable!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2006 5:53:00 AM More reviews by Yogal28

This is the worse product i ever try for a drugstore brand....maybe not yet... i heard alot of raves and goodies about this product and that one of my friend wore this so i thought i give it a try. The colour i choose doesn't go evenly on my face and though the powder is fine, it is too chalky, powdery and cakey. I hate the look i see in my mirror, i remove the 2way foundation as soon as i put it on and hence had already dump it into the rubbish bin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2006 7:38:00 PM More reviews by aliceq

i purchase this after reading the reviews in alley.the coverage is medium and smooth. but does not really control for the whole day but the package is cool to carry around and sleek too...so u can touch up easily.......great pdt at this price..
edit:pretty good coverage when used wet