MAC Zoom lash

2.9

on 3/19/2012 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

it clumps, A LOT.

i don't like the brush, it has a load of mascara i have to clean off at the tip, but one thing i appreciate about this is its VERY VOLUMINOUS AND LENGTHENING, to the point it looks like falsies, however i wouldn't recommend it for every day wear

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hmmm... Surprised that this has a bad rating. I have long but stick straight Asian lashes that REFUSE to curl, and only a handful of mascaras have managed to retain my curl after I carefully curl my lashes using the Shiseido eyelash curler. I got a small sample of this at MAC when I picked up a blush and some concealer, and I really like it. It didn't clump up my lashes, and it held the curl despite it not being a waterproof formula. It also lasted all day and removed without much difficulty using some standard eye makeup remover. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it did leave some black smudges under my eyes (which comes off easily) but that could be due to the fact that regular mascaras always smudge for me anyway. I will probably buy a full size once this one runs out. Black, curling, lengthening and non-clumpy. Overall very nice.

on 2/26/2012 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a really bad mascara. Maybe it's just me but I have moderately long lashes so maybe the "zoom" part is what doesn't work for me. I have had maybe two samples of this and two that came in holiday gift sets so I feel I can say I did not get a fluke bad one. I always notice clumps and the brush doesn't move through my lashes nicely. I prefer drugstore Covergirl/Maybelline over this any day.

on 2/21/2012 6:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is just an okay mascara. I only used it to coat on top of my waterproof mascara for a thicker looks because it's a non waterproof, it weighed down my lashes even when I curled them. It can get clumpy so I had to be careful when applying it not to put on too much.

on 2/16/2012 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Shocked of the low rating! I got this as a sample with a purchase and I am going to buy the regular size. We all have different lashes and some things just work better than others. This definitely worked for me. There's something about the brush that grabs and coats each lash making them darker, longer and defined. When I apply my mascara I only redip the brush no more than twice per eye. I can see why there are complaints of this not drying. It does seem "wet" but, not in a bad way. Just makes lashes look defined and drys no different than other mascara doesnt smudge or flake and the brush coats my bottom lashes perfectly without clumping.

on 2/13/2012 7:55:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like this mascara a lot. It's very black, doesn't transfer, and doesn't smudge. I think this is perfect for that natural look. I just brushed this through my lashes, no wiggle, and it looked great. If I wiggled back and forth I ended up with too much product and my lashes looked spidery. If you don't wear a lot of eye makeup, I would try this out.

on 2/3/2012 12:15:00 PM

I classify this mascara as a 10 percent-er. 10% of the time you come out looking decent; the remaining 90% of the time it's a hot mess. It was a gift, so I'm not certain as to the price, but I know cheap drugstore mascaras that are better than this. It's thick, wet, heavy and if I don't take my time and the stars aren't aligned just right I look like Tammy Faye Baker circa 1985. Pass.

on 1/25/2012 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was given two samples of this product to try and I would not purchase it. I found that it wasn't at all volumizing and didn't add anything to my lashes except for some darker colour.

on 1/15/2012 4:15:00 PM

I'm so glad I decided to buy Studio Fix Lash over this - instead I received this as a sample and I hate it. The stubby bristles on the wand make my eyelashes look all clumpy and it's hard to get a nice application on my bottom lashes. I have to comb through them afterwards with an eyelash comb and even that doesn't take the emphasis off the clumpiness. Definitely will not be buying this in the future!

on 1/11/2012 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I got a few sample tubes over the holidays from the SA and I was excited to test it out. I had really high hopes for this mascara as heard good reviews for it. To my dismay, the product takes tooooooo long to dry. After applying the mascara, I blinked and it transferred into my eyelids and lower eye. I was so pissed cus I had just finished applying my eyeshadow and had to remove the smudge and reapply the color to my lids!! I hate having to re-do my makeup so I found this really annoying.