August 20, 2014 | 1940 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by x0kerbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love looking at this color in the pan, but I just can't make it work for me! It looks awful on my eyelids - it's so orange and doesn't look pink at all. I am neutral-cool toned, but I can wear a lot of warmer colors. I keep trying to make it work, but everytime I end up wiping it off because it just looks scary! I will continue to play aronud with different bases and try and make it work somehow, but for now it will get no use. It's a very bronzy-pink color and I've seen it used in youtube tutorials and it looks beautiful on others, just not me. Oh well, they can't all work I guess!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2010 8:01:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A very pretty pinky-shimmer shade - nice on my lids or as a wash of color - go easy - nice with Antiqued. I am a PPP NW 20.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2010 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Victoiresecret

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this color! I don't buy a ton of MAC eyeshadows because I have the coastal scents palette and I think the quality is compareable...I only get mac shadows if they are neutral colors I wear every day and ones I'll get my money's worth from. Wow is this amazing! I got it today and I wore it all day and it didn't run or crease (though eyeshadows never crease on me) and lasted all day! The color is gorgeous and very very unique. When I first got it I took out my coastal scents 88 and 78 palettes and tried to find a similar color. Even when I was mixing 3 colors together, nothing came close to the effect of this color. I think it's because of the gold duochrome in it. It looks gold if you turn one way, pink if you turn another way and it can look peachy too. I can't wear pinks, corals, reds or very bronzy bronzes (etc. woodwinked...though I wear it in the outer corner with this) but this is perfect!

Inexpensive considering the quality, if you get it in the pan form without the container. I always get mac eyeshadows like that, even though I don't have a palette to put them in. I find it easier to store and carry around as long as I keep it inside the cardpaper envelope...it saves me $4 and that really adds up after you buy a few more MAC shadows

Great one color, all over the lid look.
also great with woodwinked, all that glitters and ricepaper (in the inner corner or as a highlight). Love this shadow..can't rave enough!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2010 3:40:00 AM More reviews by Luna1214

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love the color its a perfect pink with a gold hint

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2010 12:23:00 AM More reviews by livvlovesglitter12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Really beautiful pinky gold, good for the one-eyeshadow-only look because if you turn one way it can look gold, and the other pink.
Perfect for the lid or the crease.
Could be a little bit more pigmented but gives you a subtle wash of color.
Texture is creamy.
Looks great with mulch and woodwinked.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Lovemymakeup

This is one of my very 1st MAC colors ... As far as pink , it's really not that pink ! My complexion is med w olive undertones so this color look weird on me it blends to my skin tone it doesn't stands out at all what a waste of my money ;( maybe better on someone a lighter skin tone that wants very little color ! The texture of the shadow is awesome just wished the color would show up better on me

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2010 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Daantje3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is on of MAC's unique colours. Its a pink with orangy tones. On me however i don't like it, i prefer Arena when it comes to "orangy" daytime colours since i'm not a fan of pinks on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 12:53:00 AM More reviews by paigemoe

Very pigmented, not quite a true pink though. I love this eyeshadow because it makes my blue eyes stand out beautifully! Doesn't crease and I have never had fallout from this shadow. Highly recommended!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by PositivelyRadiant

I wouldn't buy this product again because I'll probably never need to! This is a very pretty pink sheen that compliments a wide variety of skin tones, though I wouldn't recommend it for darker skin tones, since it won't show much. The MAC MUA said she uses "expensive pink" a lot on brides, and after using it I can see why. It's not a true pink, because it has a little bit of everything in it, which allows it to pick up on your natural skin hues to compliment them. You can wear it by itself or you can get really creative and go brown, bronze, or even charcoal with this color, depending on the look your going for. It's one of those multi-tasking colors that works great for the office/daytime but it can easily become sultry if you smoke it out for the evening.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 12:39:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I finally bought this after hearing, reading, and watching rave reviews on how this eyeshadow can literally change your life. Personally it did! The colour is gorgeous with a creamy/buttery smooth texture and it's very pigmented.
I love wearing it for many looks as it's so versatile and the warmth of this colour instantly brightens my pale complexion. This is a colour that works well with so many other shades of the colour spectrum. When I'm bored I love experimenting with this shadow and when I'm in a rush to get ready a light dusting across the lid with a soft bronze, brown, or taupe in the crease makes me look polished, girly, and put together. Highly recommend!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No