MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

4.3

on 12/20/2010 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

A little goes a long way with this color! I pair it with Antiqued in the crease, and it looks amazing together. The color has a pinkish gold effect on my eyes, so I only use it on the lids and the inner corners so it doesn't overwhelm my face. It's really pretty for all eye colors, and tan skin really brings out the gold imo.

on 12/6/2010 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This is one of my favorites. I use it alll over my lids, in the inner corners, as a higlighter. It is very very versitile. U can wear it with any color. Definately check it out

on 10/28/2010 6:47:00 PM

I love this shadow -- it's my go-to color for lids in the morning. I pop this on top of Groundwork paint pot, and use Soft Brown as a crease color for a natural, bright-eyed look. This shadow compliments my brown eyes and N20 skin, and when I hit pan, I'm definetly repurchasing.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I love Expensive Pink. It has a golden pink effect with my skin tone. It's a great lid color with a brown crease. Definitely will buy this again!

on 10/3/2010 1:24:00 PM

Overall this is a nice eye shadow. At first I could not make it work in my favor. Whenever I applied it, the golden and peachy parts of it turned all brown on me which left me with a mess of pink and brown. Not flattering in my opinion. Although I have not changed anything on my technique or the shadows I pair it with it now seems to work well. I don't know why but it does and I'm glad I didn't waste any money. Don't know if I would repurchase it (that's why I clicked "no" for repurchase).

on 9/28/2010 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really love looking at this color in the pan, but I just can't make it work for me! It looks awful on my eyelids - it's so orange and doesn't look pink at all. I am neutral-cool toned, but I can wear a lot of warmer colors. I keep trying to make it work, but everytime I end up wiping it off because it just looks scary! I will continue to play aronud with different bases and try and make it work somehow, but for now it will get no use. It's a very bronzy-pink color and I've seen it used in youtube tutorials and it looks beautiful on others, just not me. Oh well, they can't all work I guess!

on 9/9/2010 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A very pretty pinky-shimmer shade - nice on my lids or as a wash of color - go easy - nice with Antiqued. I am a PPP NW 20.

I love this color! I don't buy a ton of MAC eyeshadows because I have the coastal scents palette and I think the quality is compareable...I only get mac shadows if they are neutral colors I wear every day and ones I'll get my money's worth from. Wow is this amazing! I got it today and I wore it all day and it didn't run or crease (though eyeshadows never crease on me) and lasted all day! The color is gorgeous and very very unique. When I first got it I took out my coastal scents 88 and 78 palettes and tried to find a similar color. Even when I was mixing 3 colors together, nothing came close to the effect of this color. I think it's because of the gold duochrome in it. It looks gold if you turn one way, pink if you turn another way and it can look peachy too. I can't wear pinks, corals, reds or very bronzy bronzes (etc. woodwinked...though I wear it in the outer corner with this) but this is perfect!

Inexpensive considering the quality, if you get it in the pan form without the container. I always get mac eyeshadows like that, even though I don't have a palette to put them in. I find it easier to store and carry around as long as I keep it inside the cardpaper envelope...it saves me $4 and that really adds up after you buy a few more MAC shadows

Great one color, all over the lid look.
also great with woodwinked, all that glitters and ricepaper (in the inner corner or as a highlight). Love this shadow..can't rave enough!

on 8/30/2010 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Love the color its a perfect pink with a gold hint

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really beautiful pinky gold, good for the one-eyeshadow-only look because if you turn one way it can look gold, and the other pink.
Perfect for the lid or the crease.
Could be a little bit more pigmented but gives you a subtle wash of color.
Texture is creamy.
Looks great with mulch and woodwinked.