July 29, 2014 | 2127 users online

Concealers - Bobbi Brown - Corrector

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by StargazerLilly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this constantly, it works very well. Better than the many different concealers I've tried. I highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by judywapner

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I finally got around to trying this product. I've heard many rave reviews about it, but I thought I was doing fine with my MUF full cover concealer. Lately that has just not been doing it for me, so I went in to Sephora and had the sales girl try this on me. It's AWESOME.

I have SUPER dark heredity circles around my eyes, and my eyes are deep set, which makes the circles look even worse! The circles are a redish, purpleish, blueish colour, so finding something to cover all those colours was a pain.

This product only takes one swipe and the colours are pretty much corrected! The pot I have is kind of peachy. So, one swipe and then I layer a little bit of MUF full cover concealer over it and set it with the MUF HD powder. It's awesome! Looks much better than anything I'vve tried before. It does crease a little bit throughout the day, but I have super squinty-eye when I smile so that will always be a problem for me. I just tap under my eye a little to warm the products up and blend them a little again.

Totally recommend this product. Go try it out first if you are hesitant to shell out the cash for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by missty86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

i absolutely love this correcter/concealer. i have it in dark peach. i love how it totally cancels out the darkness under the eyes. it blends so well with my skin and does not crease. the texture is creamy which is great for under eyes. without this correcter, concealer looks very ashy, no matter what concealer I use. its defiantly a must have. it does seem pricey but it lasts a very long time. I bought it over a year ago and i use it almost every single day. a little dab goes a long way. i still have almost 1/4 of the jar left and i think it will still last me for few months at least. So don't get discouraged by the price of this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by iluvsushi

I have never used a corrector before using a concealer. I didn't think it was necessary. After debating whether or not to buy Bobbi Brown's corrector, I decided to give it a go. My dark circles were concealed well and my eyes looked brighter and less tired. I've tried using the corrector on it's own and it's good enough to use without a concealer as it does a great job counteracting my dark purpleish brown circles. I tried the concealer on it's own and for some reason it looked abit ashy. The MUA colour matched me "peach" as my correcter (which helped brighten and blended well with my skintone) and "honey" as my concealer. It feels creamy, moisturising and lightweight. I set it with either MAC prep + prime transparent finishing powder or Ben Nye bella luxury "banana" powder. I like how it looks before I set my makeup but because I have oily skin and the creamy consistency of the concealer I do need to powder to prevent creasing. I would definitely buy this again despite the price tag - it's worth every penny!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by arclightlux

I have this in Light to Medium Bisque. As someone who suffers from very, very dark purple eye bags, and who doesn't want to wear heavy concealer or foundation, this product has erased most of the evidence of my night owl lifestyle. I say most because while I corrects the pigmentation problem, should I want to completely mask my eye bags, I also need to use an illuminator (Maybelline Dream Lumi Concealer/Highlighter). I don't find it cakey or obvious that I'm wearing anything. I'm planning to repurchase in Light Peach to compare the Bisque and Peach shades.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by dawndie23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

****EDIT 8/22/13****

My review still stands as I wrote it below. I've gotten quite a few questions about creasing with this corrector and felt a need to reiterate the need to use a light hand when applying this to your dark spots and circles. This is not a concealer, but a neutralizer that works best with a concealer and light dusting of powder on top. I hope this helps!
*****************************************************************************************************************

I have this in dark peach. This corrector has been a tremendous help with covering up any dark spots and circles on my face. I must admit, I was skeptical about the results I was reading about in various review sites. I'm glad I decided to give this a try as it really works for me.

I apply this with my fingers and blend well. You don't need a lot of this product for it to work. I then apply a very light brush of concealer over the top and set with a light dusting of powder. It gives my face a more brightened look. I have not experienced any creasing with this....I've applied it both before and after foundation and it seems to work the same either way for me.

With a full-coverage foundation, using this gives me a totally flawless face.

It was a bit pricey, but it will last a very long time since I don't need a lot to get great results.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by keangrad11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this product! My skin is a natural tan color so I use the light peach corrector and I LOVE IT!!! I have been using loreal concealer (warm 4-5) and it always did a good job but I still felt like I wanted a bit more coverage. I looked online to see if there was anything I could use along with my concealer that would work with it to conceal my dark circles. I found all these great reviews online about Bobbi Brown corrector which you can wear with your own concealer so I figured I would try it out. I honestly did not want to spend more than $10 on this product but I took a chance and it paid off! I use the corrector first to lighten my under eye circles and i use a little bit of concealer to finish it off. I lasts about 6 months and is so worth the money!!!

HELPFUL HINT; Let the sales associates choose a shade that they think works best for you. But go out into natural light to see what it looks like before purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by bink180

I'm very surprised at the negative reviews on the corrector!
I actually like it, but I do agree there are some faults.

I went to the Bobbi Brown counter with my best friends mom took get her concealer because she heard it was good she has some melasma and really dark circles due to being lactose intolerant. Anyway, so she tries on the corrector and she fell in love with it! It looked really natural covered everything and used it underneath the concealer.
So I went out and bought it, and let me tell you a corrector for $28 is a huge splurge for a college girl! I bought it in the shade light peach I went outside with a mirror just to make sure it didn't look off. The corrector covered the veins under my eyes and my eyelids becasue the skin is so thin there.sometimes I use it alone because my skin has an olive/warm undertone anyway with out any concealer.
The best way to apply it is with your fingers because they're warm to the touch. And every now and then my corrector would be in my study desk and it gets warm from my computer being there heating up all afternoon. It covers some dark post-acne spots that I have fairly well but I usually use Makeup Forever's Full Cover Concealer that you DONT USE UNDER YOUR EYES, I would shake my head everytime I heard reviews on that specific concealer and try to use it under their eyes.

I would not recommend this to girls who have particularly oily skin, more like normal/combo/dry because it does crease a lot but I just put powder and I'm fine.

Shelf life lasts up to 8 months if you're diligent in using it, it's supposed to last up to 2 years.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by valerie633

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The corrector in bisque is perfect for NC35 skin. I had darkness under my eye and without concealor my mom asked if I had a black eye. The minute she said that I went straight to the BB counter to upgrade my undereye concealor. It was expensive but I look refreshed now and there isn't enough money to trade that. Worth every penny!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by NARSnerd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this product does wonders for my under eye circles, i have it in porcelain bisque and it matches my skin very well. The main reason i couldn't give this product a 5 even though i definitely would never want to be without it in my makeup arsenal is because the texture isnt the greatest. Its not very creamy and quite stiff and therefore isnt the easiest to blend under the eyes.. i think the formula could use some work but it is incredibly effective and lasts all day without creasing or smudging!