Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

3.8

Active ingredients: Octyl Methoxycinnamate (Octinoxate) and Methyl Anthranilate. Other ingredients: Purified Water, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) PEG-40 Castor Oil (and) POE-20, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclomethicone, DEA-Ceryl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Kalaya Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Cetyl Dimethicone Copolyol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica.

Feeling that I needed a break from Foundation (Estee Lauder's double wear), I felt it was time to invest in a high end tinted moisturiser, helping to restore some fresh life back into my skin. If you've always been a foundation girl then be prepared for a shock if using this or any other tinted moisturiser.

I really, really wanted to love this product but unfortunately, it just wasn't for me. This isn't to say that Laura Mercier's TM is rubbish, it just doesn't do my skin any justice. I feel that Tinted Moisturisers best suit skin free from blemishes, pimples or pores. This TM seemed to highlight exactly why I prefer and suit good coverage foundations.

The product itself is worth the money as the tube was much bigger than expected, bigger than the standard sized foundation bottles. The coverage for me was not enough but it did give my face a nice shine (healthy glow). The colour match for me was 'NUDE' but my word, this was too light and I felt that I would have given Casper a run for his money.

Because I have little pimples on my forehead, small blemishes on my jaw and visible pores, I felt that LM's TM really highlighted these imperfections and so from this, I will definitely stick to my foundation. A GREAT product for those with naturally flawless skin!

on 8/5/2013 6:40:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

Still unsure whether I would buy this product again. I only bought it a couple of months ago and it's already almost gone. The coverage is exceptionally light and its longevity is questionable.

on 8/2/2013 6:42:00 PM

l love it because it looks so natural on my face and balances skin tone..

on 7/30/2013 5:48:00 PM

I LOVE Laura's line. This tinted moisturizer is a light coverage with a light finish and her powder follows very nicely as a beautiful finish!

on 7/18/2013 2:04:00 AM

Since my skin is very dry, it is hard for me to find a perfect foundation or bb cream or tinted moisturiser that is not emphasising my flakiness. But then I heard that many people raving about this product and I decided to buy it at Sephora for 68 SGD. It's hydrating and not really emphasising my flakiness, yes, but it just make my skin dull for somewhat reason. I tried to apply it with Beauty Blender or my Chanel Foundation Brush No 6, or with different primer such as Guerlain Meteorites Primer, Laura Mercier Foundation Primer, Chanel Base Lumiere, but still it gives me such a dull finish. I was frustrated. I really want to love this product, but I just couldn't. I give this product 3 lippies since it's not make my skin break out (my skin is sensitive) and not emphasising my flakiness.

on 6/25/2013 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I hate returning things & usually try to make things work but I HATED this is foundation so much that I went to return it the very next day. Maybe it's because I'm not used to tinted moisturizers but I had it. I felt like I was putting paint on my face and it looked very wet. I thought it would dry but it didn't. Not worth all the hype..

Laura Mercier's Tinted Mosturizer is a dewy, hydrating foundation that provides light, natural-looking coverage. I purchased the color "Nude" and it matches my skin color perfectly. This product is very blendable (I usually either use my fingers or a Sephora makeup sponge to apply it to my face evenly) and has sunscreen in it, which is a huge plus. Because this tinted mosturizer is water-based, it is also one of the few tinted mosturizers I've tried that didn't cause me to break out. I am really pleased with this product. I would definitely repurchase this tinted mosturizer and I highly recommend it!

on 6/15/2013 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have always wanted to buy this product but could not justify paying £33 for 40ml when I am in love with my Bobbi Brown tinted moisturizer which is £28 for 50ml.
However, when I stumbled across the House of Fraser website selling the bonus size of this, solely in my colour (nude) and it was half price at 100ML FOR £20 (that is not a typo of an extra zero there) I just had to buy it.
It's a good product but Bobbi Brown beats it, still can't justify the price tag and therefore wouldn't repurchase.

on 6/14/2013 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I seem to always come back to this. It travels well, evens skin tone a bit and is hydrating, great for combo-dry skin. Perfect for good skin days and for those preferring that dewy, minamalist finish but does tend to look more on the greasy side if you are outdoors for extended periods of time in warmer climates. I have purchased this three times in the last five years or so which is saying something.

on 6/12/2013 12:14:00 AM

I am East Asian, light-medium skin tone (I use SAND), dry-ish skin, 38 years old, live in Southern Cal. I love that this has sunscreen. It feels good on my skin and moisturizes and leaves my skin looking very even in color even though the coverage is light. I like to use a dry powder to finish when I don't want to look dewy. This is great stuff, but i have to say that the Lumene BB cream to me is as good as this for about 1/4th the price and i only just tried this today because I got a tiny sample from my local CVS. BTW, I've been accused of being a shill because I'm not on the boards often. In my defense, I only review items when they wow me or really disappoint me. if it's just ok then i'm not motivated to tell anybody. Anyway, that's my 2 cents!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Foundations, Powders, and Tinted Moisturizers: MAC, YSL, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, ETC by Crystal DivaLevy