November 20, 2014 | 2027 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by makeupctgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Before using this product, I would mix in a tiny blob of my Body Shop SPF20 oil-free foundation, shade 01, with a bigger blob of Olay Total Effects moisturizer, and then apply it all over my face with my hands. This gave me excellent, natural-looking coverage and lasted the whole day. I thought I would try out this product because of the rave reviews it was getting, and the fact that it would save me the mixing step of my current routine.

At Sephora, I asked one of the salespeople for help with selecting the right colour for my skin. I couldn't decide between Nude and Bisque oil-free tinted foundation. She did a colour-match, and said Bisque was better suited for my skin. I couldn't see any difference between the two colours, but I was worried about getting something that was too dark or too light for my skintone. I decided to go with what the "expert" suggested, and bought the Bisque one.

I have tried it out a few times and am extremely disappointed. I was told by the salesperson that this will give my face a "healthy glow", which it did not. It did not leave my skin feeling moisturized either. Total Effects alone gives me both of these results! I think the colour was too dark as well, because after applying it, I felt my skin turned a strange, dull, grey colour. The coverage was also not impressive; in fact, I feel like it didn't cover ANYTHING, even after putting a significant amount on. I can also "FEEL" it on my skin, I'm not sure how to describe that. My combo of Total Effects and the Body Shop foundation was much better, and cheaper to boot!

For now, I can't decide if I should return this for a refund, or exchange it for the Nude shade and see how that works. Because of this experience, I think I should stick to products I like and that I know work for me, instead of wasting my money on these fancy, expensive, and unimpressive products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2013 9:41:00 AM More reviews by auburngal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Used to love powder foundation for their sheer finish and easy application- just brush on and go. But now my skin is too dry, yet it doesn't need more than light coverage (and of course a good color match). Went to the LM counter at Nordie's to try this (the one for normal to dry skin). Porcelain is a perfect color match. The depth of coverage is sheer yet buildable (for where I need a bit more). It has a dewy finish that lasts on top of my sunscreen (I never go without a high SPF sunscreen). I've applied it with fingers, sponge, and foundation brush. The SA recommended the brush; I like all three, maybe the sponge most.
I keep it cap up in its box in my drawer to keep it from running (that's a problem no one should have). Right now I would repurchase because there aren't better alternatives out there. A tube is better than a pump because you can get out every last bit, but the stuff shouldn't run out the tube when stored.
Update: I like this very much, after using it for nearly a year. I consider it a sheer foundation rather than a moisturizer and sunscreen. For travel, I bought the compact form (see my separate review). I store the tube cap up and have no more problems with product running out. I still like using a sponge to apply.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

This was a such a huge disappointment. never ever ever again. urgh.
I used the oil free version in 'sand'.
I looked bright radiant orange and could have been shipped UPS to oompha loompha land.
I looked like the dreadful Irish cliche of picking foundation colours too dark and too orange. cringe.
My skin was as hydrated as an african desert.

The only use I had for this was in summer- I would blend some with my paler winter foundations to darken and orange them up a bit.

I have given up even trying to bother finishing the tube and will dump it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by DollitaHaze

I am ridiculously picky when I comes to foundations/ tinted moisturizer/ bb creams.On a daily basis, I only use the bare minimum makeup since I find that most products dry out my skin or (slightly) irritate my eyes.That being said, I'm borderline obsessed with perfecting my skin (If you're skin looks flawless, and you're eyebrows are in good shape, you can get away with very little makeup and look fabulous)

My skin is in decent shape. I have slight pigmentation around the nose and occasional breakouts, but mostly its just easily dried out. My biggest problem with tinted moisturizers and liquid foundation (I stay far far away from powder) is the settling into the fine lines around my eyes. Laura Mercier makes a pretty damn good tinted moisturizer though it does hurt my wallet.

Being dry skinned means that I can never skip moisturizing after a shower, though I must say that this tinted moisturizer helps retain moisture. It's creamy and light, and spreads quite easily though (as others have mentioned) it does dry pretty fast. I find that so many tinted moisturizer are slightly waxy so I really love the creamy texture of this product. The coverage is quite minimal- it only works to even the skin and provide a bit of a glow, so if I have a blemish I have to bring out the concealer. It has a satin finish on dry skin, not overly dewy but not matte.

On days I want flawless skin, I mix this tinted moisturizer with Mac face and body foundation and just a tiny drop of apricot oil (dry skinned ladies, you have to try this) then massage it into my skin like a regular moisturizer. It leaves skin glowing, even, and moisturized all day long.

Last is the packaging, which I really not my favourite. I find the squeeze bottle to be quite cheap for the amount of money I'm coughing up. Perhaps something more luxurious, like a glass bottle with a pump, would make it easier to justify spending so much.

Overall, this is a great product if you're willing to splurge a little. Definite repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Tlauren55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Loved the color, made me flawless with a little dewiness but Product made me break out!!! had to return it ...very sad

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 6:01:00 AM More reviews by Sikandra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As of Jan 22, I've been doing OCM (Oil Cleansing Method) and have thrown all soaps into the trash. I've got fairly oily skin and will admit my fear in beginning OCM. Within four days my blackhead ridden skin had begun to clear and all the redness I'd had under my eyes was completely gone. I CAN GET AWAY WITH WEARING JUST TINTED MOISTURIZER! I don't need foundation! Today marks day 19 of washing my face with certain oils and now the blackheads are completely gone too!!! I CAN GET AWAY WITH WEARING JUST TINTED MOISTURIZER! Laura Mercier is the one I chose. The lady at Nordstrom gave me a two-week supply of it to try before I buy, and it worked perfectly for me. I wanted to try it for awhile first to make sure it didn't put all those darn blackheads back. It didn't. My skin looks incredible and I will NEVER hurt it again with soap and I will never wear foundation again either. My husband is astounded; he pets my soft, clear face and says, "Incredible!"

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by laurelpalmer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Made me break out!!!! Deep cyctic pimples, yuck!!!! Not good for acne prone skin, and NOT very covering. Returned.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by aabilez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For me this is an HG product. I know it doesn't work for everyone but it works like a dream for me. I use the shade Porcelain and it is a perfect match. This is the best coverage I have found in a TM. It never looks cakey or like I have makeup on it just blends in seamlessly and helps keep my dryness at bay. I have really dry skin so I use a moisturizer before I apply this. Does not break me out ever. I have never had issues with the product pooling in the cap. Maybe because I store it laid on its side? I have also flown with it and no problems. Also a full size tube lasts me about a year so the price is not that big of an issue for me. If you have dry skin and don't need a ton of coverage try this!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Rachelkitchin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got advised to get the colour sand in the shop, when I got home this colour was very orange! I've tried so hard to like this product but it just won't work for me, it leaves me looking patchy and orange like I'm wearing a cheap foundation.

I've heard so many celebs rave about this product including Michelle Keagon but just doesn't work for me. Some people say it leaves a dewy finish, which I wanted however for me it just looks very matte and blotchy

This isn't the tinted moisturiser for me, however the coverage is light and the consistency is what I'd look for in a product like this. Sometimes this can feel a little gritty on the face when applying

Not a product is go for again

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Mia538

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm an NW25-30 (in summer) and find the shade 'Sand' to be perfect for me. Leaves a lovely dewy finish with a good light coverage and I love the SPF aspect too.  I find it lasts well, although does need blotting tissues (I use MAC or Body Shop) to eliminate excess oil throughout the day. I've also tried the illuminating version but find the standard one suits my combination skin much better. Now just need to find the perfect shade for winter - any shade suggestions for NW20-25 would be gratefully received! A really good tinted moisturiser and would definitely recommend.