August 21, 2014 | 1142 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 6:01:00 AM More reviews by Sikandra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As of Jan 22, I've been doing OCM (Oil Cleansing Method) and have thrown all soaps into the trash. I've got fairly oily skin and will admit my fear in beginning OCM. Within four days my blackhead ridden skin had begun to clear and all the redness I'd had under my eyes was completely gone. I CAN GET AWAY WITH WEARING JUST TINTED MOISTURIZER! I don't need foundation! Today marks day 19 of washing my face with certain oils and now the blackheads are completely gone too!!! I CAN GET AWAY WITH WEARING JUST TINTED MOISTURIZER! Laura Mercier is the one I chose. The lady at Nordstrom gave me a two-week supply of it to try before I buy, and it worked perfectly for me. I wanted to try it for awhile first to make sure it didn't put all those darn blackheads back. It didn't. My skin looks incredible and I will NEVER hurt it again with soap and I will never wear foundation again either. My husband is astounded; he pets my soft, clear face and says, "Incredible!"

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by laurelpalmer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Made me break out!!!! Deep cyctic pimples, yuck!!!! Not good for acne prone skin, and NOT very covering. Returned.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by aabilez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For me this is an HG product. I know it doesn't work for everyone but it works like a dream for me. I use the shade Porcelain and it is a perfect match. This is the best coverage I have found in a TM. It never looks cakey or like I have makeup on it just blends in seamlessly and helps keep my dryness at bay. I have really dry skin so I use a moisturizer before I apply this. Does not break me out ever. I have never had issues with the product pooling in the cap. Maybe because I store it laid on its side? I have also flown with it and no problems. Also a full size tube lasts me about a year so the price is not that big of an issue for me. If you have dry skin and don't need a ton of coverage try this!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Rachelkitchin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got advised to get the colour sand in the shop, when I got home this colour was very orange! I've tried so hard to like this product but it just won't work for me, it leaves me looking patchy and orange like I'm wearing a cheap foundation.

I've heard so many celebs rave about this product including Michelle Keagon but just doesn't work for me. Some people say it leaves a dewy finish, which I wanted however for me it just looks very matte and blotchy

This isn't the tinted moisturiser for me, however the coverage is light and the consistency is what I'd look for in a product like this. Sometimes this can feel a little gritty on the face when applying

Not a product is go for again

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Mia538

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm an NW25-30 (in summer) and find the shade 'Sand' to be perfect for me. Leaves a lovely dewy finish with a good light coverage and I love the SPF aspect too.  I find it lasts well, although does need blotting tissues (I use MAC or Body Shop) to eliminate excess oil throughout the day. I've also tried the illuminating version but find the standard one suits my combination skin much better. Now just need to find the perfect shade for winter - any shade suggestions for NW20-25 would be gratefully received! A really good tinted moisturiser and would definitely recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by maiiiox3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

[2/3/13] Right now, I like this stuff. I bought the travel size package, a 1 oz. tube. I think buying the travel size one is better than buying the full size one, 1.5 oz. The travel size one was $20 at 1 oz. versus the full size bottle which is $43 at only 1.5 oz. Do the math, and you see that it's cheaper to buy two of the travel size bottles and getting 2 oz. of product for $40 than buying one bottle of the full size bottle and getting only 1.5 oz for $43.
The weird pricing aside, I'll tell you the pro's and con's:

PRO's
+ Smooth - Application is very easy. I just use my fingers, and boom, I'm done.
+ Dewy - It's not super shiny, which I love, and gives you a healthy dew.
+ Odorless - To me, it doesn't smell like anything. My sense of smell isn't the best, though, so I'm not really reliable in the smell category.
+ Hygienic Packaging - Love that it squeezes out of the tube and isn't and open bottle, or something, where you have to pour some out.
+ No Breakouts! - This is a biiiig plus for me, an acne-prone sixteen year old. Every other product I've tried, whether it's M.A.C., Revlon, Benefit, and Neutrogena, makes me breakout.

CON's
- Almost No Coverage - I don't expect medium coverage from a tinted moisturizer, but this almost does nothing to even out my skin tone, which is what a tinted moisturizer should do.
- Lasting Power is Short - This product only lasts a few hours, and I'm a girl who never touches her face.

I'll update this in about a week or so.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by graceface07

So I am a combination skin type and I live in New Jersey climate and it was a little difficult for me to figure out if I wanted the regular or the oil free. Initially I wanted the oil-free because of the additional coverage. I changed my mind though and this is why. I have the silk creme foundation as my "going out on the town/special occasion foundation" bc its full coverage and relatively matte, but some days I just don't want all the fuss so on those days, I like to slap on a tinted moisturizer. mostly bc if I want a tinted moisturizer - I want it to actually moisturize and give more of a dewey look, which is why I went with this as oppose to the oil free version. What's great is I can even mix this with my silk creme for one of those in-between looks. This is great for the days I am feeling sick, hungover, using retinol, or dehydrated. Sometimes other foundations/tints accentuate any dehydrated spots but not this gem. I always feel glowy and natural with this. the coverage is light but still makes me feel polished. it soaks right in and looks virtually undetectable. More and more I reach for Laura mercier for my foundation/primer/powder needs. love.

nw20 and the color "blush" (a newer shade) was a good match

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by sillytabby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Gives a flawless and unmade up look. It covers imperfections and looks so natural just as if I'm not wearing makeup at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2013 6:23:00 AM More reviews by dashcrabtree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used to use the oil-free version, but have recently switched to the original. There is a really irritating problem with the product leaking out (pooling in the cap) that I never noticed before in several years of use with the oil-free one. I feel that I like the original TM quite a bit better in general, though; even beside it being better suited to my dry skin, I find that it gives a less made-up look. This is of course either positive or negative, depending on your skin quality. I have to admit that I have pretty sad skin right now in its bare state -- it's red and covered in hormonal breakouts every other week, and I have flaky dry patches on my forehead and nose. This tinted moisturizer gives a soft, dewy look while also blurring the problems a bit. Wearing a light all-over base like this just means that I can use heavy concealers on my problem areas without it being too stark, and overall my skin looks fairly healthy. The color match works well for me (Porcelain), but be warned that there's a big jump between the lightest and second-lightest shades... I'm not sure if the rest of the spectrum follows suit.
UPDATE: This definitely breaks my skin out. I'm not really sure why; I don't always have a problem with either oils or silicones. It's undeniable that whenever I use this, I get a few whiteheads and a few small cysts (!), which is something I'm not really prone to any more. I'm on birth control and don't really break out "naturally" anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by mandycxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far my favourite item in my makeup bag, probably one of the only ones I take with me everywhere. I use Bisque in the oil free version and it's an absolutely perfect match for my skin colour and skin type. The thing I love most about this product is how light it is on my skin, I never feel cakey with this, even when I add bronzer on top. I use it during the day at work or when I go out at night with a bit of concealer and MUFE HD finishing powder to set it.
The packaging isn't horrible but I do wish they could come up with something better, as I find a lot of the product ends up wasted in the lid. I'm extremely picky when it comes to what I put on my face, so the fact that the packaging is the only thing I can complain about really says something.
The price is a bit on the expensive side, my Sephora sells it for $55.00 but it's well worth the price to me as a little goes a long way with this product.
The best aspect to this product in my opinion is the fact that you don't come out white faced in photos which I have had many issues with in the past using other products. Nothing ruins a photo more than when your face and body are significantly different shades.

Love love love this stuff, and I will definitely be buying more in the future!