July 23, 2014 | 2064 users online

Conditioner - Redken - All Soft Conditioner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2012 7:18:00 AM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I had to try this based on all the rave reviews. I have very dry, super thick,wavy, frizzy hair. In the shower I always comb through my conditioner and it detangled my hair just fine. I didn't care for the smell but it wasn't very overbearing. I didn't notice any difference with my hair at all after blow-drying and didn't seem to notice any difference when I was done. So at first I was very disappointed. I'm not even going to lie. It seemed to have a lack of shine but for the most part my hair looked no different or any better then usual. I didn't think that I noticed any difference still at all that is until I found myself constantly wanting to touch it and run my fingers through it. So it defiantly made my hair softer and was surprised! But unfortunately my hair feels slightly weighted-down and somewhat flat,which is odd since my hair is sooo thick and I never had flat hair before. Overall I am happy with this so far. For the price it would be nice to maybe get a little shine and a normal size bottle. I thought it was an okay conditioner but I expected more from it since it is so well reviewed on here. I'm not sure if I would repurchase this just for softer hair since I have had other products that do more then just soften. When I use this again I'll not use so much on my hair and use more on my ends and see if that helps combat with the weighed down feeling and update.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by kinkat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ive pretty much got my whole skincare routine worked out so I decided to progress to my hair. Due to occassionaly swimmig in chlorine pools and use of hot irons my hair looks a little lifeless. I have only used drugstore brands.

I bought this in a pack with the shampoo. I was a bit disappointed when i was washing my hair with it as i was expecting some invigorating feel. The feel was also about the same when i conditioned it. However that feel came after my hair dried. My experience so far is that it makes my hair feel so soft wihout the weighing down feeling (arm pit length hair).

I have only used it for 2 weeks but i have not noticed any amazing shine. I guess his product is called All Soft and not All Shine for a reason!

After my first use I went to work and many ppl asked me if i got a haircut. With such comments at just one use i cant wait to make an update about this product after i finish the bottle.

Yes the price is a factor but i think the results r worth it and at this stage i will buy again :)

Not sure if this product will attract build up but i intend to use a clarifying shmapoo once every 2 or 3 weeks anyway.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 1:23:00 AM More reviews by Benzgirl79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Update 7/17/13: Bumped this conditioner down to 3 lippies since they changed the formula by removing the avocado oil and replacing it with argan oil. The new formula is so drying on me and I will never purchase this again. Why not come out with a whole other line with just the argan oil and leave us avocado lovers alone? I am SO disappointed!

*********************************

My HG conditioner for years now and I just realized I never reviewed it, wow, the things we take for granted !

I have a lot of fine, color treated hair that I've abused over the years and this stuff has hid the evidence. It keeps my hair very soft, smooth, shiny and best of all - it doesn't build up and my hair doesn't "get used to it" I can use this every time I wash and never have to rotate to other brands. My hairdresser is always amazed that my hair holds up so well given the frequent coloring, highlighting, blow drying, etc. that I put my hair through and the only constant has been this conditioner. I used to use the matching shampoo but found it to be too heavy paired with the conditioner so I pair this with the Tigi Superstar shampoo which I find to be the perfect combination (plus 1-2 pumps of Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum before blowdrying). A great conditioner if you like a little weight to your hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Hands down the best conditioner I have ever used for my long, fine, chemically treated hair. It is expensive but I buy the big bottles on sale when I see them. It makes my hair tangle free, shiny, silky and most of all it doesn't weigh it down at all. I use this about 3-4 times per week as I usually wash my hair every other day. Nothing I have ever used has made my hair look so great ~ and I have abused my hair so much in the past! Definite repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2012 5:07:00 PM More reviews by MaudyMac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have coarse hair and this is about the only product that has ever made it soft and silky. I've tried the lot...Joico, Kerastase, Tigi, Aussie..the list goes on, but this is the first time I have seen a noticable difference. Highly recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by rachelrainbow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I started using this conditioner once I'd got my hair into a reasonably healthy condition (previously used tigi oatmeal and honey conditioner). Like the name, this conditioner keeps my hair all soft, and has maintained and improved my hairs condition. It keeps my hair feeling and looking nourished and shiny despite often heating styling my hair. It is quite a thick conditioner but it doesn't weigh my hair down and is good for detangling hair with a wide tooth comb. It is okay for controlling frizz though I've started using redken heat glide with it which really helps to control frizz and they work well together despite being from different ranges. The smell is quite nice, to me it smells faintly of apricot. I have no problems with it, but...I wish it was exciting in some way, it might just be because the packaging is very simple. My current bottle did sort of collapse in the middle for no apparent reason as I wasn't squeezing it in the middle, which has made the conditioner difficult to get out, which is annoying. Have repeatedly bought it and will buy it again unless I find something better.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by kimmation

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When I first started using All Soft I thought that I'd found the answer to finally control my thick, semi-curly, long hair. Then after a couple of months I noticed that when I let my hair dry naturally the curl was gone and it would just dry into a big ball of frizz. After a while I noticed a slick feeling in my hair and thought maybe I should use less Kerastase Oleo Relax which tends to be a bit heavy. The last straw was when my hair started to fall out from the root after applying the All Soft conditioner! I was losing double to triple the amount of the small clump that normally comes out in the shower. Once I realized that it was the shampoo/conditioner I came here and saw that a few others were having this experience. I went out that night and bought the L'Oreal sulfate free shampoo/conditioner and my hair stopped falling out right at the first usage.

I've never experienced having my hair fall out from a product. It was not fun and even a little scary. I wasn't positive if it was the All Soft or maybe it was hormone related, but I've been using the sulfate free shampoo/conditioner for a couple of months now and I've gone back to the normal hair loss in the shower. Plus, today I let my hair dry naturally sitting and I'm sitting here typing this with a head of curly hair and minimal frizz.

On another note, I really do love the L'Oreal sulfate free shampoo/conditioner and it's so much cheaper than Redken, but that is for another review.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by AllieWeaver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Redken All Soft conditioner has been my favorite conditioner for the last seven years, since I was in eighth grade. The product has been reformulated since I first started using it, and while the reformulation was unfortunately not for the better, it doesn't change the fact that I haven't found anything better. The product leaves my hair much, much softer than any other conditioner, and I love that the softness isn't just a fatty coating like many others, but leaves my hair softer because it's actually increasing the health of the hair. Since I started using this conditioner, I have always been complimented on the health of my hair by barbers and asked what I use on my hair - a HUGE compliment in my eyes since they typically want to sell you their product, not ask you what you use because your hair is so nice! I quit using the All Soft conditioner for a bit to use up some others I had accumulated a year ago, and my hair stylist commented on how dry my hair was and asked if I would be interested in buying product from her - proof that I owe the health of my hair in a large part to this conditioner.
I never purchase the conditioner at full price - stock up on liter sales at stores and salons!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 3:49:00 PM More reviews by eyesopen33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good conditioner and I would certainly repurchase it in the future if needed. It left my dyed hair feeling a lot softer, but I also use a sulfate free shampoo by Traite, and I'm sure that helps matters. Definitely worth it. I am about to try out the all soft heavy cream, to see if I like that product better. We shall see.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2011 9:30:00 AM More reviews by geovani

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i am a DEVOTED fan of the all soft shampoo and all soft "heavy cream".
(and the"crema care" from the real control line)
i love the shampoo,it makes my hair very soft just like its name and shiny and smells good and i will never use anything else but the redkens all soft line.(and this comes from a girl who is a hair product "junkie" that tried ALL the high-end brands and lines)
LOVE LOVE LOVE the "heavy cream" it makes my wavey frizzy hair hair super soft and manageable and shiny
but i just HATE the all soft conditioner,didnt do nothing for my hair and left it stringy and hard,just didnt fell soft or looked shiny at all im never gonna use it,just stick (like my life depends on it) to the heavy cream that i soooo deeply love! :-)
so guys i really reccomend using the heavy cream insted of this conditioner.
sarai,israel :-)