April 24, 2014 | 1820 users online

Cleansers - MAC - Cleanse Off Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2012 6:34:00 AM More reviews by SkinFreak93

This makeup remover is awesome! At first I was pretty affraid to try this product mainly because of the word "oil". But the makeup artist said the oil is not mineral oil therefore it would not clog my pores. And I never regretted buyin this product :D it removes everything so easily.
After using this remover for the first time, I tested it out by using my Cosmocell Milk Cleaser and wipe it off with tissue and there was litterally nothing there. There isnt any makeup residue left ! Amazinggg :)
The reason why I gave 4 stars is because of the price. Its pretty expensive. But its worth it.
Highly recomend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2012 9:18:00 AM More reviews by sweettalk1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is really good it removes every trace of make up which is wow lol. It keeps my face clean and smooth but it can be a bit drying for my dry skin that's why i rated it a 4 if it didn't then ill be rating it a 5.
To use this take 1-2 pumps depending on how much u need and with dry hands apply this on your dry face by massaging all the make up/dirt away and add a little bit of water 2 your face and again keep massaging untill u think everything is off and rinse clean with warm water and your face should be completely clean and smooth!! It works 4 me so it should work 4 u:)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by jchoi128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Okay, I haven't tried the Shu Uemura cleansing oil which is supposedly the best cleansing oil on the market but MAC cleanse off oil worked very well for me. It's true, you can't get off all the makeup and dirt on your skin with just a regular foam cleanser. I use both, first use the cleanse off oil to remove majority of the makeup on my face By massaging it into my skin(which does a fantastic job) and then go in with a foam cleanser to really make sure I rinse off the residue. No major breakOuts since I have adopted the routine and I always keep a backup of this oil in my shelf. Yes, it is relatively expensive because I use 3 full pumps each time I remove makeup and it does get used up pretty quick. But I still think its a fair price because it does the job right!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2012 6:02:00 AM More reviews by KristinaKr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product broke me out. It surprises me, cause i've used oils to cleanse my skin before (Chanel and Dior) and never had this kind of reaction...
If you are lucky and it doesn't break you out, it might actually be a really good product, because it removes makeup really well and is cheaper than Chanel (which is my favorite) or Dior one.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2011 5:04:00 PM More reviews by YellowLantern

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall I like this cleanser as it does cut through any makeup I've thrown at it beautifully. I rub in 3-4 pumps into dry skin and just keep gently rubbing the oil into my skin and making sure not to miss any parts of my face. After that I rinse the oil off and my skin is clean and makeup free (as evidenced by my DDF Glycolic toner) without my skin feeling either greasy or stripped. So far I've tested this cleanser with EL Double Wear, MAC Pro Long Wear, CD Diorskin Forever Flawless, MUFE Mat Velvet+, Revlon Colorstay, NARS Sheer Matte, and a thick sunscreen powder and it has worked beautifully with all of them.

The only thing I do not like and the reason I'm on the fence about repurchasing, is that it seems to me that I need to use way more of this to fully remove makeup than I'm used to using in order to clean my face. When cleaning my face I'm used to using around 3/4 pump of product to one full pump on really grimy days. Having to use 3-4 full pumps means I'm going through this cleanser way faster than I've ever gone through a cleanser before. In the end this cleanser does not feel like a good value for the money. I'm curious about the other oil cleansers on the market, but from what I've seen they're more expensive than this one and I'm concerned that I'll still have to use a lot of product to fully remove makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by esornart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive skin that gets irritated really easily and I was skeptical of using cleansing oil.

I have to say I LOVE this cleansing oil! It does not break me out and I noticed it cleaned the makeup off my face really good and cleared up my skin! My skin looks flawless now!
I highly recommend you give this a try! LOVE, LOVEEE IT! <3

It is also mineral free unlike Shu Cleansing oil (which contains minerals). I would love to give Clinique take it off Cleansing Balm a try next!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 2:57:00 AM More reviews by NHassan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is quite a nice product. I tried it for the first time today and I never thought that removing my makeup could be such an easy process. Rubbing the oil in and letting it breakdown the makeup down seemed a bit messy to me however once you lather it up and wash it off with water, you get a very nice clean. It completely got rid of all my makeup, including my eyeliner which is always the hardest part for me to remove. I don't think i'll be going back to the towelettes I used to use unless I get really lazy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by bllhjk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I adore this for removing makeup. I used to use regular makeup wipes, but they always irritate and tug at my skin too much. The Mac cleanse off oil is very gentle and removes every bit of makeup in no time at all. I like the packaging as well because it has a lock cap to help with any spilling. Great product and it smells wonderful!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by equinery

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Removes make up well, but if it gets in your eyes it blurs your vision. It makes my eyes red. It did a good job doing what it claims to do, but you have to use a lot of it to get all of your make up off. Not worth the price because of the large amounts needed to fully clean your face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My skin has improved since I started using this before cleansing my face. Before I used this, my face wasn't getting completely clean with just my cleanser. My makeup wasn't getting all the way removed. I purchased this back in March, after reviewing good reviews. I have about 1/4 of product left. This lasts a long time. A little goes along way. It's pricy,but since a little goes such a long way, you'll have this for a while. It's worth it. I apply this and let the makeup come to the surface, then tissue off. After that, I cleanse my face with my daily cleanser. I don't recommend this for removing eye makeup though. It leaves your eyes blurry for a little while if you use it on your eyes. You need a different remover for your eyes. Highly recommend though as a step before your cleanser. Your face will be A LOT cleaner.