September 19, 2014 | 1721 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Fructis Sleek and Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

This has replaced my Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream and John Frieda serum as my go-to protectant for my long, thick hair, for a couple of reasons. One, it's cheap (approximately $5 CAD for a bottle that lasts me many, many months, in comparison to $15 for the John Frieda, which lasts me only a couple of months). Two, it works incredibly well.

When I use this on wet hair and leave my hair to air dry, it's as if I've used nothing at all. But my hair is like that - frizz city. It definitely requires heat to tame it. But when I use this before blow drying, it smoothes out my strands like no other. It really seals it, but never weighs it down, although I'm careful to use only a couple of dime sized drops, rub it between my palms, and work it through the bottom section of my hair. Doing this ensures silky, frizz free hair, all day long, regardless of weather and humidity levels.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 6:59:00 PM More reviews by TryHonesty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is for the new formulation with Argan Oil.

Love Paul Mitchell Super Skinny but dont love the price? Get this. It works just as well as Paul Mitchell!

it does what it says. makes your hair silky, shiny and lovely! (and it didn't weight down my hair) and unlike the leave in conditoning creme from the same sleek and shine line, this didn't leave my hair smelling like puke and gross looking!

Plus Argan Oil on the ingrediant list is 3rd.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2011 11:04:00 AM More reviews by sarahann1994

I love this frizz serum! I have been using this for about 2 years now, everytime I flat iron my hair. It makes my hair shiny and smooth, yet not oily. I do not suggest this to anyone with naturally oily hair because it does make your hair oily faster. I love this smell and the little pump bottle. I will always repurchase this!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Joplu2003

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this item because it is an "anti-frizz serum," however, I find that this product doesn't really help much in terms of frizz control. On a positive note, it does seem to make my hair softer and slightly silkier. Overall, this is an okay product for its price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by clydeskees

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i absolutely love this product its makes my dry ,over damaged , thirsty, hair feel smooth and soft. i recommend it to everyone

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2011 4:13:00 AM More reviews by xtiffeeh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my HG hair products! I've gone through at least 6 bottles of it! I use it right after I shower when my dry is still damp, and I let it dry as my hair is drying. I use about 2-3 pumps of it, and I apply it mostly to my ends. Whatever is left, I'll applying it to the upper portion of my hair. It makes my hair super soft and controls my frizz fairly well! I notice that when I don't use it, my hair feels more rough and dried out. It's also affordable (around $5) which is a plus for me! My hair loves this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by amymb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ladies who've been using Moroccanoil -- stop shelling out your cash and pick this up! It honestly works BETTER and is so much cheaper. I bought it after my Moroccanoil began to run out and I realized that I like this better. I do have to use more, but it's okay since there's so much product in the bottle and it works so well. I use about two and a half or three pumps (I've got really long and thick hair) and it makes my hair very soft and controls the frizz so well. The only downside is the scent, but it fades very quickly, so that's not really a problem. I'll definitely keep using this.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by hnrenfro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i HATED the old formula of this, but ever since i saw the reformulated version @ the store for 5$ bucks i thought ill give it another try, Argan oil is the 3rd ingridient very impressive it made my curls easyer to comb thru and straighten, and on day two my hair didnt curl back up again like ussual LOVE THIS!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by 7Superluckygirl7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is really nice! I do notice when I use and when I don't use it! I don't like the smell of it though, it smells like most of the garner fructis products. When I bought this I thought it was a regular serum but it wasn't. (bad hair day!) Eventually I figured out how to use it and I really like it! It makes my hair so much straighter and softer. I didn't really pay attention to the humidity and if this combats it but this does make my hair less frizzy! I will probably repurchase this is the future but now right now since I wanna try out different blow dry serums or things like this. I do recommend this to anyone who want straighter, non frizzy hair!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2011 12:58:00 PM More reviews by MissJulie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

**For the new formula with argan oil.
This serum is great. I only have a couple of qualms with it, so let's get those out of the way.
1. It has that typical Garnier fruit smell. I'm not a huge fan. BUT, it goes away almost immediately after you apply it.
2. It weighs my thick, curly hair down a teeny bit, and that's hard to do. Compared to Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny Serum, which is almost totally weightless, Garnier's serum is a bit heavier. It's not too bad though, and probably for the best in this summer heat.
/qualms. Now onto the good stuff.
1. This really good-quality product is only between 4-6 bucks. You don't get a giant bottle, but considering you shouldn't use that much every time, it's worth your money.
2. This serum imparts an amazing amount of shine. I'm totally impressed. I am NOT a Garnier fan, but like Dove's nutritive oil daily treatment conditioner, it's the brand's diamond in the rough for me. It goes on smooth and keeps my hair soft with a glassy shine.
3. Argan oil is the THIRD INGREDIENT. 4-6 dollars for that? YES PLEASE. Other argan oil serums list their namesake ingredient much, much lower on their lists, not to mention Garnier's serum has a teeny little ingredients list. VERY impressive, Garnier. *claps* Oh, and no parabens. This serum has that on Paul Mitchell's.
4. The packaging is cute, and the pump has a lock feature. Awesome.
All-in-all, this serum is fantastic. I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5 for the couple of qualms I have with it, but otherwise it's wonderful.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No