April 18, 2014 | 1095 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Fructis Sleek and Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by amymb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ladies who've been using Moroccanoil -- stop shelling out your cash and pick this up! It honestly works BETTER and is so much cheaper. I bought it after my Moroccanoil began to run out and I realized that I like this better. I do have to use more, but it's okay since there's so much product in the bottle and it works so well. I use about two and a half or three pumps (I've got really long and thick hair) and it makes my hair very soft and controls the frizz so well. The only downside is the scent, but it fades very quickly, so that's not really a problem. I'll definitely keep using this.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by hnrenfro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i HATED the old formula of this, but ever since i saw the reformulated version @ the store for 5$ bucks i thought ill give it another try, Argan oil is the 3rd ingridient very impressive it made my curls easyer to comb thru and straighten, and on day two my hair didnt curl back up again like ussual LOVE THIS!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by 7Superluckygirl7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is really nice! I do notice when I use and when I don't use it! I don't like the smell of it though, it smells like most of the garner fructis products. When I bought this I thought it was a regular serum but it wasn't. (bad hair day!) Eventually I figured out how to use it and I really like it! It makes my hair so much straighter and softer. I didn't really pay attention to the humidity and if this combats it but this does make my hair less frizzy! I will probably repurchase this is the future but now right now since I wanna try out different blow dry serums or things like this. I do recommend this to anyone who want straighter, non frizzy hair!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2011 12:58:00 PM More reviews by MissJulie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

**For the new formula with argan oil.
This serum is great. I only have a couple of qualms with it, so let's get those out of the way.
1. It has that typical Garnier fruit smell. I'm not a huge fan. BUT, it goes away almost immediately after you apply it.
2. It weighs my thick, curly hair down a teeny bit, and that's hard to do. Compared to Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny Serum, which is almost totally weightless, Garnier's serum is a bit heavier. It's not too bad though, and probably for the best in this summer heat.
/qualms. Now onto the good stuff.
1. This really good-quality product is only between 4-6 bucks. You don't get a giant bottle, but considering you shouldn't use that much every time, it's worth your money.
2. This serum imparts an amazing amount of shine. I'm totally impressed. I am NOT a Garnier fan, but like Dove's nutritive oil daily treatment conditioner, it's the brand's diamond in the rough for me. It goes on smooth and keeps my hair soft with a glassy shine.
3. Argan oil is the THIRD INGREDIENT. 4-6 dollars for that? YES PLEASE. Other argan oil serums list their namesake ingredient much, much lower on their lists, not to mention Garnier's serum has a teeny little ingredients list. VERY impressive, Garnier. *claps* Oh, and no parabens. This serum has that on Paul Mitchell's.
4. The packaging is cute, and the pump has a lock feature. Awesome.
All-in-all, this serum is fantastic. I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5 for the couple of qualms I have with it, but otherwise it's wonderful.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2011 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I am writing a review for the one that contains argan oil (new formula)

I love this stuff. I used one pump of it on wet hair and one pump of it on dry hair. After one pump on wet hair and letting it air dry my hair didn't feel different. Not silky or extremely smooth. I have naturally wavy hair that frizzes easily and goes crazy wavy all over the place. With the first pump my hair dried in uniform waves and no frizz. The second pump on dry hair was what gave it a little bit of that silky-smooth texture without making it look or feel greasy.
August 3rd update: I'm still loving this! I do have to add though that I've tried Sally's Beauty Supply's version of Paul Mitchell Super Skinny serum and hated it. It left my hair greasy and day two was even worse. I have also tried CHI Silk Infusion and it did the same (greasy). This is the only product that I've ever tried that calms the frizz without being disgustingly greasy after application and on day 2.
11/6/11 update: My hair still soaks this up and I still love it!
12/25/11: Only using this once in a while since I have fried my hair. My deep conditioners leave my hair so smooth I don't need this. If it weren't for those I'd continue using this (I'm half way through the bottle). Still a great product that beats the others.
3/28/12 update: I dyed my hair to touch up the roots. It was starting to feel dry again and I thought I'd try out a new "split end mender" product. It ended up frying my hair due to the keratin in it. I ended up showering and applying this afterwards. It ended up making my hair so silky. Since then my hair's back to normal.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by troglodyte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The best serum for the value on the market, and i'm excited about the argan oil reformulation (i haven't tried it yet).
I use this ever since it was launched and my 3a curls love it. I have very thick shoulder length fine hair and about 2 pumps are enough for my whole head, so the bottle lasts for months, all this for about $5CAD.

I have used the Got2Be serum as well (very plasticky feeling and so thick you can't avoid using too much resulting in greased up hair) and the John Frieda (fine product but at almost triple the price) and always come back to this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by cuonbroadway

This is a review for the REFORMULATED version that contains argan oil.

This may very well be my new HG serum! For a serum, it lists argan oil much higher on the ingredients list than any other argan serum I've come across. It doesn't weigh down my hair, but I've only used it on dry hair. It's very watery, so a little goes a long way. I can probably use less than one full pump on my 1b/F/M/ii hair. Also, compared to the old ingredients, the reformulated version is excellent. I'd certainly recommend this for people to try!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 10:39:00 AM More reviews by bmw4409

I recently purchased the anti frizz serum with Argon oil and have been using it everyday, I absolutely love it. We've had a short break from the humidity so I can't comment on how well it really keeps frizz at bay, but it leaves my hair so silky and soft without weighing it down, or feeling sticky at all. I love this serum and will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2011 10:13:00 AM More reviews by everysunflower

It does what it says: softens and nourishes the hair, smoothes hair from root to tip, and locks out frizz and flyaways so hair stays sleek all day. I was impressed that it took about one pump to perfect my mid-back length, thin hair. I made sure to only apply it to dampened hair. It really is a weightless anti-frizz serum; it's quite watery. I avoid putting it in/near my roots. Ta-da! Sleek and shiny hair! Not very portable, as if I put it in a luggage bag or backpack or what not, I'm bound to have some pump out all over the place. So it stays in my room. It's a shame that once what I have left is gone, it's gone for good, since I do not buy products that are tested on animals anymore. Bye bye Garnier Fructis..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2011 8:37:00 AM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Really great serum for those of us who don't want to shell out $20+ for HE products. I picked up a bottle for around $4 at Target. I like to straighten my hair, either with a blow dryer or flat iron, and this works really well either way. It's a very thin, almost watery serum, so it doesn't weigh down my fine hair. I use 1/2 a pump, and add more if needed. Adds just enough shine, smooths my split ends, and my hair feels soft and smooth while maintaining it's "bounce". I would definitely repurchase. My only complaint is the packaging. The pump makes it easy to use too much. My hair is a little past shoulder length, and a full pump would be way too much. Overall though, great product. Would definately recommend.