November 29, 2014 | 1756 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by tamerella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff smells horrible! I was so excited to smell it at the Chanel counter, I wanted to gag. The only reason I ever wanted to smell it was because Marilyn Monroe wore it. I wish she could have picked something better because I definitely don't see anyone under 50 wearing this. The smell is so strong....it reminds me of those old ladies who over do it in church. I don't care that this is a "classic" it smells cheap and awful.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Willow111

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just a quick comment. If you are spraying this Chanel No5 Parfum on you do not have Chanel No5 Parfum. It does not come in a spray.
If I am wrong, please someone correct me because I have never seen it.

I must admit it is not for everyone. Just be sure what you are reviewing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by putu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Elegant ,classic,pricey but I love it

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Kat308

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great classic, timeless frangrance. Used many over the years but always come back to this. Jean-Paul Gaultier is my 1st fav and Chanel is a close second. I will never be without these 2. Both are feminine and sexy-also long lasting. This review is for the Premier #5. A bit lighter than the regular Chanel #5.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by letsgobananas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bloody expensive but it's a Chanel classic so I guess it's worth it. I'm not sure why but sometimes I get headache if I smell a particular fragrance for hours but No. 5 is one of the few fragrances that doesn't cause me to get a headache. Love the fragrance although for me it does wear off quite easily. Quite surprised to see the ratings at only 3+ because No. 5 IS THE BEST SHIT ON EARTH I LOVE IT.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2012 3:54:00 AM More reviews by Anda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've always considered No 5 one of the most misrepresented scents in the world. I've never been able to come to terms with it being marketed as a bombshell "sexy" scent dripping with glamor and money.

I'm mostly ambivalent to it and prefer Bois des Iles, Coromandel and No 19 from the Chanel stable, BUT imagine my shock today when I asked my husband what (out of the hundreds in the past year or two) he would say was the nicest fragrance he'd smelt so far, and he said without hesitating, "Chanel No 5". Shocked, because unlike many other fragrances, he'd never made any comment about No 5 before.

Strangely enough, his reason was not that it was overtly sexy or even particularly distinctive; but he specifically liked that while it was pleasant to smell, it doesn't invite comment and is a "polite, classy" scent that allows ME to take center-stage and say who I am, instead of having my fragrance say it for me.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by tyekristopher

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh lord... this is the one that makes my stomach hurt just thinking about it... my experience with chanal 5 isnt so good... I remember picking up this bottle and smelling it thinking it was going to be good because marilyn monroe wore it and she was so stunning and glam gurrrl was I WRONG. I got a rush of cheap soapy plastic flowers that you get for tombstones... How can this be popular? It stinks to me like cheap detergent... shouldn't even cost 125 dollars it just isnt worth it.. I sprayed it on my hand and it was just soap... if I wanted soap I would just stick to body wash. Glad I didnt' drop 125 for dial in a bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 11:31:00 AM More reviews by SydneyLeonard

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The ultimate wear anywhere classic!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by makeupdee

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Sorry, I've really tried to like this, but don't. There is something smell-bad about it, and it's not just the fact that it's an old-lady perfume. There are very old perfumes by Guerlain like L'Heure Bleue that I can still find something to like about. Not Chanel No. 5. Although the ads and commercials are great! I guess they have to be, right, in order to sell it? ;-)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by john80614

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i actually registered on the site just to leave a comment in this thread!! i want to say i absolutely detest chanel no. 5, i say that cos altho im a 31yr old guy i live with my elderly parents and my mom wears it quite often...it makes me feel sick and i literally cant stand being in the room with it!!!