November 28, 2014 | 1352 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - The Body Shop - Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2010 1:49:00 AM More reviews by fabmac1

Like many have said, the bottle is pretty big! There isn't any offensive or over powering smell to this. It's light and pleasant. I did find some stinging when I used this the firt time, but didn't have that problem any time after. Does a decent job removing all my makeup. I always use a separate wipe to remove any residual smears and this helped my makeup wipe off clean. Not sure if I would rebuy this. I usually don't stick to one product and like to try out new things (i'm a marketer's dream LOL) Price is ok ($14.50 CDN) but I got this as part of their 3/$30 promo. Hasn't irritated my eyes thus far. Will update is anything changes

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by maashi

Huge 250mL bottle! I was stunned at the sheer size. The smell is pleasant and not too artificial/chemical, does a decent job (except waterproof mascara, but since it is supposed to be gentle, I can't really complain), doesn't sting my eyes. I am used to 2 phase eye mu removers, so this is a little odd to me, but it works so I'll be happy to use it up... and probably go back to a stronger formula next time, but that is just a matter of personal preference.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2010 4:32:00 AM More reviews by xliu4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

*UPDATE* As I'm finishing up the bottle I feel that this MU remover leaves my skin a tight, and a little sticky feeling after I use it to remove my MU. And when I wash my face afterwards if the water goes into my eyes it still burns a little. However, if I put those aside this is a great makeup remover. But I probably won't be purchasing again due to my worry of the tight feeling afterward will age my eyes faster. Which is probably not true, but I'll move on to my journey of searching a HG mu remover.

I think I've found my HG eye mu remover!!

Absolutely not oily, has cool, smooth feelings to eyes, removes makeups effectively!

The first time I used it, it stung my eyes so badly. But then I realized that maybe I poured too much on the cotton pad so it went into my eyes. So now I just apply 3-4 drops on the pad and put it on my eyes and no problem since then :)

I also love how the hole is so small and just enough for a Q-tip to dip in. That way you can control how much you want to pour out.

Love, love, love this. I got it on the Earth Day promotion, which is 20% off everything when you use your own bag. So this is a good deal considering the amount you have! It's gonna last me a LONG time & yay finally a substitute for Lancome!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2010 4:28:00 AM More reviews by eyelashviper27

This product was a lot more harsh than I expected; I expected something that was a lot like Simple's Eye Makeup Remover which is really gentle and soothing.

This has a nice cooling effect, but stung my eyes. Simple's one does not sting at all. It has no greasy residue which is a big plus, but just the fact that it stings probably means I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by hharper11

I HATED THIS! It did what its supposed to, though not exceptionally well. But, the worst part is that it BURNS YOUR EYES! Its supposed to be gentle, but its so harsh! I poured it down the drain.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 6:36:00 AM More reviews by Tindra78

I LOVE this remover!! I have used it for years and I think it is worth the price, with such a "large" bottle (many removers only contain 50 ml)...!

I have very sensitive skin, but this works very well for me. Does not leave any strange feeling and removes makeup in a perfect way!

I love this!!

Recommended!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2010 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Sushi3

Have been using this remover for a while now and I am quite happy with it. It does what it's supposed to do without too much scrubbing, but I don't give it full rating because my eyes start to water and sting so much when some of the product gets in them. They burn like crazy! I'll use up this bottle and then continue looking for a good eye make-up remover, I guess..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 9:11:00 PM More reviews by skwpt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I suppose this eye makeup remover might not be ideal for waterproof mascara (I don't wear waterproof mascara, so I really don't know), but it removes Bobbi Brown long-wear cream eyeshadow and waterproof gel eyeliner, and I tightline! I have been using the Chamomile eye makeup remover since the early 90s, and although I have tried other removers, this is my favorite. I swipe on with a Swisspers cotton pad, and I don't even have to rinse. It isn't oily or soapy, it softens my skin, doesn't dry the eyelid area, and I get zero burning and redness. An HG remover for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2010 3:30:00 PM More reviews by lawcat

Didn't burn my eyes, but all I can really say is my facial cleanser (any one of them) take of my mascara better than this product, and I don't use much mascara. Everytime I use this, even if I mop over and over again, I have mascara creases under my eyes the next morning.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2010 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Rashunda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff burned the heck out of my eyes. I also had to rub a lot to get the eye makeup off. I will not be using this again.