LUSH Flying Fox Shower Gel

3.7

on 8/10/2009 2:18:00 PM

I got this for free because someone else got it and disliked it. It is a strong smell that lingers all day. It's not something I would use everyday, but when I am in an indulgent mood, it really delivers. I find that it is more concentrated than other body washes, so I use less of it. I use it on handwashables and it really imparts its fragrance to them. I don't typically like honey scented products but I love jasmine, and this smells pretty good. After reading other reviews I have to admit, I'm a little afraid that I smell like moth balls, at least to other people!

on 7/10/2009 11:05:00 PM

Nope, sorry, found the smell annoying and not relaxing. Never again.

on 7/9/2009 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

OMG!!! When I smelt this for the first time, my eyes literally rolled to the back of my head from the pleasure! I can't get enough of it!! Its got the sexiest, most amazing sweet honey jasmine fragrance ever!!!! Lathers abundantly using only a small amount and the scent travels throughout the house, literally!!! Its got 4 different types of honey in it so its really gentle. I love anything with honey as its a humectant and natural anti bacterial and smells gorgeous! This is a definite staple. Even though I don't really use a lot of shower gels, I always have a big 500g bottle of this with me at all times.

on 6/4/2009 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i got this as a sample. and i like it. it smells nice. i was just not crazy about the lather. not sure yet if i would buy this in the future.

on 5/3/2009 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

The girls on YouTube are killing my bank account. So many of them have been raving about this Lush stuff. I got a couple things from the web site, as the closest Lush store is an hour and a half away from my little village here. The things the YT gurus tend to rave about didn't interest me as I read the product descriptions on the site, but this shower gel did. It is supposed to soothe and calm a woman with PMS! WOO HOO! It is made primarily with honey, and you can see it separate in the bottle. The ingredients combined again with a good shake. The smell is very strongly of jasmine. I love jasmine. If you don't adore the smell of jasmine- DO NOT GET THIS. Anyway, I did feel very happy and relaxed after I showered with this. I only needed a quarter sized blob on the shower poof to make a lot of creamy bubbles. The bubbles feel creamier and richer than the Johnson's Softwash I was using. Softwash was breaking my chest out as well, and this has cleared that right up. I can't afford to keep purchasing this and use it as an everyday shower gel, but I will ask for it for any occasion I may qualify as a gift recipient. Beautiful stuff.

on 4/26/2009 11:17:00 AM

Love love love this shower gel - the scent is gorgeous and lasts on your skin. I can see that it wouldn't be for everyone, as it is a strong aroma - jasmine mostly. Makes lots of lather with a small amount of gel, which is good because its pretty pricey compared to non-lush shower gels.
I don't know about the anti-PMS claim, I think that a nice shower with any smell that you like would make you feel better!

on 3/29/2009 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I couldn't wait to smell this stuff. First whiff is great, then it immediately fades to...VINEGAR??? Very strange. I had to smell it a couple times to make sure I wasn't trippin, cuz it smelled lovely at first. The SA was standing there with me, and I asked her if it was possibly an old bottle. LOL She said no, it really smells like that! I was so disapointed :(

on 3/2/2009 7:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was not sure I would like this...being its more floral. But the Jasmine and Honey comob is so wonderful. Fans of Jasmine will love this...and the fragrance really lingers on your skin all day.

on 1/27/2009 5:59:00 PM

I liked it initially, but then the jasmine scent just became incredibly overwhelming rather than comforting or sexy...so I stopped using it and it ended up becoming my overpriced, overly-scented hand soap. I would never buy it again.

on 1/20/2009 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Flying Fox has such a lush, voluptuous, heady aroma – jasmine and honey. It is rich and tooth-achingly sweet, and unlike the other gels from this brand, is like massaging pure honey over your body, straight from the breakfast table pot. I use Flying Fox when I want to feel decadent. The scent lingers on your skin like no other shower gel, and layered with the solid perfume, you get some sillage. I have a friend – she’s so pretty, like a pixie – who wore this combination to house parties when I was living in Manchester, and it had throw. It made her appear even more ethereal – as if it gave a golden glow.

Video Reviews & Tutorials