April 16, 2014 | 831 users online

Eyeliner - Clinique - Quickliner for Eyes

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2008 1:52:00 AM More reviews by exovalle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am always switching products, but this one I will never leave behind. I love it! I have really dark brown eyes and I use the Really Black and the Black Brown depending on my mood. I always get it confused for liquid because it is so smooth, dark, and never ever runs. Great product here.

Ohh, yeah. FYI, my eyes water A LOT and it still doesn't run. Again, this stuff is great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2008 4:05:00 AM More reviews by jawbreaker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HG! I used this years ago and re-discovered this over a year ago and forgot how wonderful this it. My favorite color is Black/Brown which is very dark but not as harsh as black sometimes can be. I have green eyes. This stays on all day and I can create a very thin line or thick line depending on my mood. I have sensitive eyes and this does not irritate them at all. A winner!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2008 12:52:00 AM More reviews by sweetcheeks17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used this eyeliner for like 4years and it is definitely my HG.

I like how it lines my eyes smoothly and it even has a sponge tip to soften the line a little or to create the smoky effect! Unlike the pencil eyeliners, there is no need to sharpen at all, thus saving you time, doesn't tug your skin and produces a thicker line. The usage is foolproof in my opinion as it so easy to use and there's no need to have a real steady hand for the application, like the liquid eyeliners.

I have both, 'really black' and 'smoky brown', but I've grown to use to black colour everyday now. A HG that I'll always repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2008 3:52:00 PM More reviews by megbenoit

Love this eyeliner! It comes with a built-in sponge for smudging. I use it a lot when I'm going out to make a smoky eye look. It only smudges if you want it to! I use the dark brown and it looks really natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2008 12:29:00 PM More reviews by mlhood

I love this eyeliner and have been using it for about seven years. I have used it in the black and brown, but my favorite color is the slate. It's a grayish black, and it does a good job of making my brown eyes pop and look dramatic without looking like a raccoon. I find that the blackest of black eyeliners are too dramatic, but the slate is just right. I love the way this glides on, and of course, I love that I don't have to sharpen it. It's just a little expensive and lasts about 3-4 months.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2008 9:13:00 AM More reviews by LexzCW

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I've finally decided how I feel about this liner, after using it on and off for about two years. I've always used this in Really Black, and it's a very good eyeliner; just not the one I'm looking for.

This goes on fairly smoothly and has good staying power (I've worn it to the gym and never experienced a smudge), and the smudger, while stiff, blends the color for a natural effect. The mechanical pencil style took a little getting used to, but once I figured out how much product to twist up I was able to apply this in the same way I apply traditional pencils (I like to hold the pencil parallel to my eyelid). It's important to note, that this pencil doesn't twist down though, so use with care. Clinique prices these the same as their other pencils, but it seems like you get less product. I'm not too upset about this, but used regularly, one of these pencils lasts me 2-3 months (I get a lot more use out of most pencils).

Now, on to my gripes. Really Black is not really as back as many other pencils. For daytime definition this isn't a problem, but it's a little lacklustre when it comes to evening looks. This is not the liner to buy if you want drama. I think that perhaps I'm asking too much out of my eyeliner, but I would like it to function for day, night, and stay put with little fuss. This liner does two out of three.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2008 3:19:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These are very good everyday pencils. They are for when you want to have a little definition to your eyes, weekends and such but I would not use anything other that my Artliner over eye shadow. A really good product, though. I have this in really black, deep brown and black/brown.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2008 5:01:00 AM More reviews by calypso_nymph

I've never used eyeliner in my life, so I wanted something that was easy to apply when I bought my first one. I didn't want a pencil or a liquid eyeliner, so I went for this one after reading the raves here. And it is indeed easy to use, even for an eyeliner virgin like me. This glided on smoothly and lasted through the day. I wear contact lenses and eye make-up usually irritates my eyes, but no problems with this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2008 8:56:00 AM More reviews by TheWorldsDresser

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm the queen of eyeliners and I've tried them all from 99 cents to over $45. I have to say that Clinique has the BEST eyeliner in the West. It lasts me all day during work AND through a 2 hour spinning class after work. I'm a makeup collector, it's what I do, but I have consistently come back to this (not that I ever really leave) because it works. I would expect to pay much more for this product, and would gladly do so because it.just.works. The only thing that has ever worked better than me is something that can only be found in India.....so unless you're hopping to Mumbai anytime soon, just get this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2008 9:46:00 PM More reviews by myonliztar1

I tried this product because it's opthamologist-tested, I wear contacts so I want to err on the safe side. Staying power wasn't great, it would smudge and give me racoon eyes.

Edit:
I realized that using eyeshadow primer, or putting some powder/concealer on the lids before applying eye makeup actually helps them stay put on my oily skin....so that's what I did and this quickliner is not bad after all. I'm writing this update after I tried mac fluidline...the quickliner is so much easier to use and looks just as good in my opinion.
I wouldnt buy this again just because I feel like it's not the best I could get.