September 30, 2014 | 1842 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Pure Poison

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 10:50:00 PM More reviews by spikester

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Warning - This stuff is STRONG!!!! I normally like my fragrances on the strong and noticeable side but this was even too much for me. I sprayed it on this morning and although I thought the scent was very pleasant, I wondered if it smelled too strong. Well, off I go to work and within minutes, a co-worker walks by and says in a very loud voice "Did someone spill tons of perfume in here? It smells so strong." I pretended I didn't hear her but I felt so self-conscious the rest of the day. I even tried washing it off in the restroom but this stuff does not come off! It is now 12 hours later and it is still going strong. So, if you like your perfume so strong that you may kill people in your path, then you will like it. Otherwise, I would stay away!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2009 9:33:00 PM More reviews by jennifer42

This one opens heavy and stays heavy on my skin, and I agree with the reviewer saying "it doesn't go anywhere." Sweet, heavy floral with a purple candy undertone. Sadly, with my chemistry this perfume reminds me of an older women trying to fit in at a younger person's singles bar.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2009 7:52:00 PM More reviews by chocolatemartini

I tried this on at the store and the initial smell was great so i bought it. However the next day I wore it to work and after a few hours the residual smell really overwhelmed me. It is a very strong smell! So strong that I developed a very bad headache after and it made me feel nauseas the whole day. I get the shivers everytime I think of that episode.

Its a residual smell similar to what I get with Burberry Brit. It probably varies from person to person depending on how the fragrance reacts with your body's heat and smells etc but I have a very keen sense of smell and the after smell was way too overpowering. I would describe the after smell as having a bitter, suffocating taste of something that's poisonous. Maybe that's why its "pure poison"?? I don't know I may be allergic to an ingredient or something. I am not being melodramatic, almost had to take sick leave because I felt so terrible from this perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2009 8:10:00 PM More reviews by ssunmim

This is my go to perfume. I LOVE Dior perfumes and have quite the collection but this one smells like flowers from my home country and I really love that. It works really well with my body chemistry and comes off as sweet at first but then richer and more spicy as the day goes on. I know this perfume does not work on everyone, so try it on before purchasing it. It smells nice on me, but on my sister its not as nice. It is the opposite with J'dore which smells much better on her. I absolutely adore this perfume.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2009 7:42:00 AM More reviews by pertiegurlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Update: I REALLY like to dab a liiitle bit of the Pure Parfum of this over Miss Dior Cherie. Try it.
K, first off, I get reaaaally annoyed with reviews that go "oh it smells like an old lady, end of story, je deteste"...oh shut up..Can't you be more eloquent than that, not to mention, less insulting and generalizing? I'm not old, still a college freshman, but if I WERE old, and I was on makeupalley, and read reviews that dismissed fragrances on the basis of "too old lady," I'd be pretty insulted.
That aside, I don't like this fragrance one bit. It's mild and powdery (think talcum powder) and pleasant...but it doesn't DO anything, it doesn't GO anywhere. Perfume is supposed to transform, have depth, make life more beautiful, take you places--Pure Poison doesn't live up to my expectations.
I can see why people might like this--it's safe & soft & pretty (ooh and the bottle's SOSOSOLOVELY)..but beyond that, there's nothing. Too blah, bland, kind of artificial (like hairspray).
Some people probably have enough personality & charm to carry it off, but me, I like more KICK to my fragrances. I also noticed that on my mom, this smells much better, it acquires a bit of a depth & spice, like a milder version of Opium...so it also depends on your own skin chemistry.

19 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2009 10:41:00 AM More reviews by essija

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is very nice scent, I find it soothing and soft. I think this is what someone was wearing last night around me and I really enjoyed it on her.. I would buy this. This is a soft floral that suprisingly makes me feel happy. After wearing this now for 4 hours I'm amazed how strong the scent still is, Very long lasting and not much has changed but it is a bit more manly now.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2009 4:39:00 PM More reviews by kace005

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

After looking at some of the recent reviews I'm very surprised how unpopular this scent is with some. Personally, I very much like this smell. I seriously dislike scents that are too sweet, and this has the right balance for me. It is deep without being too pretentious. I think it is worth a spray or too, to see if it is the right fit for you.

Also, added bonus is that it lasts a long time, and the scent lingers on your wrist and clothes days afterwards. Its not MY scent, but I do love it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2009 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Dagney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This one is not for me. I smell mostly soap, lily, and a touch of vanilla. Very little change from top to dry down. Generic, boring fragrance that I regret spraying on my skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2009 8:13:00 AM More reviews by MellyHelly

Pure Poison smells to me like musty after-shave.
I'm even more convinced that Dior didn't do anything good after original Poison and possibly Dolcevita.
At the beginning is a modern synthetical floral, sweetish and intense, nothing special, but not totally bad.
After 1 hour it becomes a musty male smell without any grace, just sitting there grossly, maybe on a delicate girly neck.
I noticed that on me and I noticed that on others.
Once I was walking in a road and stopped at red traffic light, then a small cloud came to me and it was this musty after-shave synthetical stink.
I look around and I located its source on the neck of a young nice girl with her bf. So out of place! Girls, treat yourselves to something better!
The bottle is very beautiful.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2009 7:16:00 AM More reviews by MyMajesty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would give this fragrance a big and fat 0 if I could.

In my opinion, this smells like an old lady. YUCK!