April 20, 2014 | 1249 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Pure Poison

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2009 4:39:00 PM More reviews by kace005

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

After looking at some of the recent reviews I'm very surprised how unpopular this scent is with some. Personally, I very much like this smell. I seriously dislike scents that are too sweet, and this has the right balance for me. It is deep without being too pretentious. I think it is worth a spray or too, to see if it is the right fit for you.

Also, added bonus is that it lasts a long time, and the scent lingers on your wrist and clothes days afterwards. Its not MY scent, but I do love it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2009 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Dagney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This one is not for me. I smell mostly soap, lily, and a touch of vanilla. Very little change from top to dry down. Generic, boring fragrance that I regret spraying on my skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2009 8:13:00 AM More reviews by MellyHelly

Pure Poison smells to me like musty after-shave.
I'm even more convinced that Dior didn't do anything good after original Poison and possibly Dolcevita.
At the beginning is a modern synthetical floral, sweetish and intense, nothing special, but not totally bad.
After 1 hour it becomes a musty male smell without any grace, just sitting there grossly, maybe on a delicate girly neck.
I noticed that on me and I noticed that on others.
Once I was walking in a road and stopped at red traffic light, then a small cloud came to me and it was this musty after-shave synthetical stink.
I look around and I located its source on the neck of a young nice girl with her bf. So out of place! Girls, treat yourselves to something better!
The bottle is very beautiful.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2009 7:16:00 AM More reviews by MyMajesty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would give this fragrance a big and fat 0 if I could.

In my opinion, this smells like an old lady. YUCK!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2009 3:29:00 AM More reviews by kc83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

It suits my skin chemistry... I love to wear it on evening outings with my hubby... he loves it. Very alluring and seductive smell.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2008 6:46:00 AM More reviews by winterfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Boring... Plain white floral. Nothing unusual or bombastic as in other members of the Poison family. I'm dissapointed... Won't buy

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2008 7:35:00 AM More reviews by olympialetantoli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was skeptical at first but after testing it I found me going back to the perfume counter for another spray. I've only been wearing it for three weeks. And mostly at night.
It has this amazing fresh but warm scent. Hard to describe. Its not too heavy actually, yet it can be if you spray more than twice.

Its my third fav scent for winter. It also has such a cute bottle! Dior is a marketing genius.

****Edit: I've used the bottle up and now I'm trying to see if I should repurchase this. I sprayed it again at the counters a few days ago, my mum hated it. But I still like the complex notes and how they fold into one another. I really really appreciate the citrus and bitter orange notes you get in the beginning. And the mandarine note does stay all day. Not many perfumes can create a scent like this. I really adore the jasmine and gardenia. Favourite flowers in the world. And the sandalwood and amber make it magnetic and draw me in to smell my wrist over and over again. It is the perfect oriental in my opinion. Dior has many lovely scents. Sometimes I don't have the confidence to wear this scent, but when I do wear it I feel more confident suddenly and even selfish.

It does last all day, the composition doesn't change either on my skin. It goes really well with my body chemistry I have to say. I love that Pure Poison can be WARM and COOL at the same time! It is a warm wintery scent but I have sprayed it on hot summer nights and the citrus perks me up and makes me feel really romantic. I guess thats why they call it Pure Poison.

I still love the bottle, sooo cute the opal bottle and the shape of an apple.

If I finish my Alien perfume I might go back to Pure Poison.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2008 2:39:00 AM More reviews by JMWT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is definitely one of my fragrances from Christian Dior. I first tried this several years ago and I recently repurchased a bottle of Pure Poison, and fell in love again. I admit that I am not an expert at describing the notes of fragrances but to me, Pure Poison starts out fairly strong, yet and fresh with floral notes mixed with a slight fruitiness. After a while, it dries down into a very warm, musky scent, and slightly powdery. I love using this fragrance in Autumn/Winter, and it is also perfect for evenings out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2008 4:10:00 PM More reviews by sterretje

i was in the perfume store and i see this very special looking lady smelling this perfume and then she did buy it and i was curiuos because i did not know the sent i sprayed it on and i was sold i smelled it even the next day and two weeks ago my dad went on holiday and i asked him to buy it for me taxfree now it is mine and i adore it not when you spray on directly but when you have had iy on for a little while.very special sent

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2008 3:32:00 PM More reviews by theramenninja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

i am a freak for this scent. i can't stand any of the other poisons. actually... funny story wearing this perfume. i went to a party having JUST doused myself with a lot of this, and accidentally slammed into somebody... we both fell over. Ahah, after I apologized, he said "that bump smelled AMAZING". way to go Poison. it's sexy imho although i can see how it would overwhelm people. i'm big on those white flowery smells . . . boys like it. good for gyrating your booty and sweating it everywhere! yesssss. it also smells good on gay men. definitely a smell i can't get enough of...