April 19, 2014 | 1762 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Seanik

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2010 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Nkruythoff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Seanik is a great shampoo for my fine/straight hair. It gives me nice volume and makes it feel squeaky clean. My hair is also very shiny when I use it. One puck lasts a very long time. I've had mine for months. My only gripe is with weeks of use it made my scalp very sensitive and itchy. I guess it's the clarifying properties. But that isn't enough to keep me from using it. I just switch it up with another shampoo every now and then.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by kairos

I never thought I'm going to use a soap bar on my hair, but there you go... I just bought this because I'm a sucker for everything with seaweed in it (don't know why I treasure such a firm believe for "seaweed is good for you" in my heart - maybe some early childhood experience... maybe some seaweed rescued me from drowning in the sea in my early years. don't swim with dolphins, swim with seaweed ;))
But to return to the actual review: I'm loving it. I was anyway looking for something to reduce my hair care regime (I was using way too much products. don't think that's good for the hair on the long run) and the seanik thingy totally does the trick. At the moment I'm only using this, not even a conditioner and my hair is healthy and glossy and doesn't grease that much anymore. And the smell is great too - very light and fresh.
I think I found my HG shampoo. Oh - and the price is good too, thinking how long such a soap bar lasts. You have to find a container to keep it though... and perfect for travelling small as it is. Yeah :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2009 3:10:00 AM More reviews by nakeeyark

This is the first LUSH shampoo that I've tried, and I am totally in love. Seanik smells divine, very clean and spring-like, if that makes sense; there is nary a flower-y or perfume-y element to be found in this shampoo, which is great. I wet my hair, scrub the bar around the top of my head a few times, and that creates a lot of lather, which I then distribute down to the ends of my hair. Seanik leaves my hair almost squeaky clean, which is perfect for me as I have oily hair that very rarely needs conditioning. The volumizing properties are nice if I have time to blow-dry my hair, but to be honest I just like to let my hair air dry, at which point it is so soft and shiny.

The packaging takes a bit of getting used to, as you do need to store the shampoo properly to prevent it from melting away. LUSH advertises that it will last you 80 washes, which, if you wash your hair once a day, is between 2.5 - 3 months. I've been using the same bar for about 1.5 months, and I do think it will last me for at least another three weeks. A beautifully-scented, economically-priced shampoo that also leaves nothing behind that needs to be thrown away. Highly recommended for people with normal to oily hair, as it may be a bit too drying for those with hair that needs moisture.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 1:50:00 AM More reviews by mizznk

This shampoo is great. Lush shampoos really clean my hair squeaky clean and I have oily hair that I need to wash everyday. It gives volume, especially when I blow dry my hair and it leaves my hair smelling amazing, I keep flipping my hair around just so I can smell it haha. I do not find that it moisturizies my hair at all, probably because of the sea salt, it might even be a bit too drying so I always try to condition my hair after. One thing about these shampoos that I do not like is storage. I try to keep it out of the shower but it sticks to wahtever surface ( a plate) that I put it on and then when I go to pick it up and use it again a layer gets stuck on the plate :( still need to figure out how to store it...

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2009 8:16:00 PM More reviews by vmax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love the lack of packaging and how long it lasts. Had trouble when I first started using it since I had to learn to follow directions. I was using way to much and by not letting it dry out was wasting a ton of it. I was skeptical about the bar shampoo since I had never seen it before but I am a true believer now. So easy to carry to and from the gym and never having to worry about spilage is well worth the fact it has to air dry out. The price is cheap considering you are getting 2 full size shampoos in a little tiny bar. The smell is amazing!
UPDATE%%% My hair is shoulder blade length and too long to use now..Swapped out

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2009 1:54:00 PM More reviews by sarahcurll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I picked this item up randomly, without really looking at the other solid hair shampoos. I just love anythign with seaweed in it and wanted to give it a try. This soap latheres SO WEll, and the scent is really nice, although it is very difficult to try and describe. It reminds me of the sea, and is very earthy. It makes my thin hair much more fluffier, and leaves you hair squaky clean. It does tend to be a little drying to the hair, so I would recoommend a conditioner when using it. I wish that the puck actually fit inside the tin so that I would not have to keep it out of my shower. I think as I keep using it more it will eventually fit, but Lush should just make the tins bigger.I also do like the fact that there is nothing to throw away after I am done using this. It seems like the puck is going to last a long time and I will really get my money's worth.

edit: i find this too drying even for my oily hair, to use on a daily basis. i will use it about once a week until it is gone, and then for a clarifying shampoo stick with sauve..much cheaper and does the same thing pretty much.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2009 10:43:00 AM More reviews by maugustawoodland

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Oh wow, I love this shampoo. I hate paying the LUSH shipping, so I've not ordered from them in a long time. However, this smells great, does amazing things to my hair, and generally makes me feel good about the lack of packaging involved. It decidedly gives my hair fantastic body and shine. Love it. Love it. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2009 2:59:00 AM More reviews by KikiBee09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this for free as part of a Lush promotion. I had always smelled the solid shampoos while browsing in Lush, but was always hesitant to actually try one out. So this was a great promo for me! I've been using Seanik for the last few weeks and have been pretty happy with it so far. The smell is nice and combines nicely with American Cream. My hair is left feeling soft and with a bit of extra body, though the additional volume is not really significant. While I am not 100% sure I will buy Seanik again, I'm really stoked to try some of the other solid shampoos Lush offers, like New! The reduced amount of packaging/waste resulting from the form this shapmoo comes in is a nice bonus too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2009 12:57:00 PM More reviews by missanyssa

I love this shampoo bar! I purchased it because the salesperson told me it was like Big but in a solid bar (I dont really find theyre too much alike, but I love it anyway).
I take this with me to the gym to shower afterwards, I love that its solid and not a liquid that can explode in my gym bag. I just pat it with a towel afterwards to dry it off, and its good to go. It makes your hair feel really clean afterwards, theres absolutely no residue left behind.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2009 11:03:00 AM More reviews by emluken

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This and Godiva are my favorite LUSH solid shampoos. I always take Seanik whenever I'm going to the ocean, whether beach or sailing trip. I hate how the combination of ocean water and regular shampoo/conditioner leaves my fine hair feeling gross...usually tangly, sticky, and flat. Somehow just washing with seanik and a quick rinse of fresh water does wonders. My hair is left soft, full, and manageable after a comb-through and airdrying.

Since this isn't a liquid, it doesn't take up precious room in the little bag when flying. I like to cut this in half and put it in the little lush tin, along with a half bar of Godiva. Also, no waste, like an empty bottle that fills up landfills.