September 30, 2014 | 1725 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Camilla00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was very excited when my mum brought me this back from duty free and wanted to try it straight away. When I applied it a lot of the hair bristles were left on my face and that put me off at first and I thought 'this is one of the expensive stipple brushes why is this happening?' but after a couple of goes it stopped and now I am in love with it as I can use less foundation and look flawless every day in a short amount of time.
It is very pricy but it's completely worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2012 6:30:00 AM More reviews by Ravanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Hazel

MAC #187 is the biggest beauty-disappopintment for me this year (so far)!. Positive: Itīs soft and feels very nice on the skin, yes, for this reason I gave a Lipstick.

I "treated" the #187 as careful, as my other brushes which I use very often since years (MAC #116, #109 for example and others from EDM). Negative: The MAC #187 changed shape immediately after washing it for the first time and it lost a large amount of bristle (or hair- however you call it). After drying, the shape was different, lotīs of hair/bristle on the outside stood in different directions and went an bit wavy, sic!

I bought it to apply MAC Mineralize Skinfinishes or Guerlain Meteorites which didnīt work very well (the cheap Kabuki I used before was much better in comparison). I wonder because this brush has plenty of fans, if I have had a brush, that wasīnt proper made, For sure, It was an original one bought at a MAC-Counter! For me, the MAC #187 is too expensive and not worth trying, I returned it and I am happy, I got my money back!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this brush as well I also have it in the se from my Hello Kitty kit and never bothered with them either till I got into BB cream. I noticed I was way too shiny for my liking so I went to MAC. Got some Studio Fix and this brush and omgoodness it's amazing!!! My BB stays perfect and i barely need concealer after either

Pro's
~Blends flawlessly
~You can do heavy to light coverage.
~I'm shocked at how well it stiples and the swirly blend makes my powder look divine.
~I see why others love it and the coverage it gives without looking caky.
~Love how the brush hold the powder.
~The bristles stay in the brush:)
Cons
~Pricy but worth it.
~Have to wash it all the time but that's a good thing. i like to keep it as nice as possible.

Summation it really makes your powder do magic so I will repurchase when I need it and I recommend it. Especially if your healing from acne,redness,skin issues it helps cover those trouble spots really well. It's a great brush and I couldn't do without it:) It's a splurge purchase but a satisfactory one without a doubt.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by ndeadeas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Ive had this brush for a couple of years (came in a set) but never really bothered with it.
After looking at the reviews again out of boredom I thought id have a go at this stippling everyone talks about. I usually either use my fingers or a Bobbi Brown foundation brush. After applying foundation (cle de peau) I then have to apply concealer to a couple of scars I have from old spots. Well after stippling I gently went over my whole face in light circles and then went to apply the concealer - except I didnt need it! The scars were totally camouflaged. I thought this probably meant I was caked in foundation so took my mirror to a bright window to get a better look - AMAZING. It looked like I was airbrushed and that I didnt have any foundation on at all. It looked so much better than my usual technique. I am so impressed cant believe I was sitting on this little gem for years with no use.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Bub777

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this brush!!!! I'm very heavy handed when it comes to applying blushers and bronzers however this brush has made blush application a dream! It's especially great for heavily pigmented blushers (e.g NARS).

You can also use this brush for liquid foundation application. You simply dot the foundation all over the face and then blend blend blend. It gives the most flawless finish and makes any foundation look just like skin :)

Have had mine for 4 years and still in great condition

This brush is definitely in my all time top 5 brushes!
xx

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2012 8:23:00 AM More reviews by Princessngirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My brush is over five years old. I bought it on a whim and have only really learned how to use it in the past year. Even though I wash it frequently, it barely shows any wear. I have never had any problems w shedding.

It is a pretty big head, which is good for liquid and powder foundation, not so great for areas in which you want to work w a small section. It requires a v light touch, or else the product can get really packed into the brush and smooth on unevenly. If you decide to go w this brush, I encourage you to watch some of the you tube videos to learn about the proper technique. I see some folks using it to both stipple and buff. When I use it to buff, I get streaks. For stippling you want to use a v light, v patient hand and go w another brush to buff. This one really packs in the product, and I have yet to use it and create a nice finish.

Because this brush is so expensive and because this brush is MAC, I think the expectations placed on it are really high. MAC 187 is a v good brush. However, for a lot less money, Kashuk, RT, even Sigma, make comparable brushes that do the same job.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Beautygirl48

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found my new foundation brush!! This brush is not your typical foundation brush. It has a round shape to it rather than your typical flat shape. A mac makeup artist showed this to me and so far I really like it. It is great for not only applying my foundation but it is great for blending. I felt that my flat foundation brushes just applied the foundation but this brush really does do both! I think it great and my makeup goes on much smoother now.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2012 2:39:00 AM More reviews by UDMAC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this is ok, i prefer other brands for stippling brushes. my biggest rant would be that this brush sheds like craz- ive had it for years and it still sheds every single time i use it and i know how to take care of my brushes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Joyc25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First off, this thing still sheds after so many washes.... so that basically is a deal breaker. Plus, it doesn't blend foundation all that great. I usually use this as a final step to blend everything and remove excess powder/blush. That is if I use it at all.....

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by sheridingdong

I am in love with this brush. I never thought good brushes would make a difference, well let me tell you how much of a difference it makes. I use Tarte TM and used to use my fingers... I didn't like how sheer the application was and I didn't like how it sat in my pores sometimes after hot days. So... I traveled to my nearest MAC store and bought this baby. It makes the biggest difference! It gives such a light, airy, airbushed look that is just perfect. I look at my face at the end of a work day and just see smooth pore less skin, no more makeup in my pores and everything is totally even. I have pretty good skin to begin with.. just the occasional TTOTM blemish and some redness in certain areas and now I barely have to use concealer because of this brush. It did shed for the first 5 days or so but it's not a huge deal now since it stopped. (I absolutely HATE shedding) I really like how soft the white bristles are and the ease of the brush handle itself in your hand. It's so convenient too that you can use it for liquid, powder AND blush. I just have nice things to say about this beauty so I'll stop babbling now.