January 31, 2015 | 2112 users online

Powder - Laura Geller - Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Brunneria

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been waiting for the Porcelain BnB for years, and it just hit the UK QVC, so I ordered.

After trying the fair and regular shades, this was a delight - actually fair enough for my skin!!! Actually (and incredibly) it is slightly too fair and too pink, because I have fairly warm/yellow toned skin.

So I am able to swirl my brush first in the porcelain, then in the yellow shades of the regular (which has been lying unused for AGES), and voila - the perfect match.

I love the oil absorbing qualities of this powder, and the effect on the skin is delightful.

So THANK YOU LAURA AND THE TEAM for listening to those of us who have been asking, for years, for the paler shade. I love it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by ksavage

Couldn't Live WithOut It!!! & Wouldn't
I have used this product for years. I see something new and and try it, it's never as good as LG's. I use all of her Bronze&Brighten, Balance & Brighten, blushes etc... Always the Bronze Spackle never a day without. Sometimes I just use the Bronze Spackle. p.s. live in Fl. and never a problem with the heat. I don't even feel as if I am wearing anyting! Love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by beautyxgeek

After reading all the rave reviews on this [all over the net] I decided to buy it. I ordered the right shade for my skin tne but because you just dont know how much of each colour is going to be in the compact, it let's this product down. This was way too light for me and despite ll the claim's that it doesnt look like powder, it does. I'm only 24 and don't have any wrinkles yet when I apply this under my eye's it look's like I do. As someone has already said, nomatter how smooth your face is [even straight after exfoliating] this foundation creates the look of random dry patches. I had high hope's for this but it's just not for me!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by coolbabe377

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was one of the first women to purchase Balance-'n-Brighten, so I purchased it in the Regular (only color it came in for years. I had been fairly impressed by her Bronze-'n-Brighten, so I thought I would give this a try.

Now...just so ya know...I usually don't really use a foundation...just concealer in the necessary places (you know...around the nose, under my eyes, or any other place that's not looking so hot that day, and light yellow powder in those same spots.

It seemed creamy on my then late 50's face, and worked for me as a setting powder. Looked good in the rear-view mirror too. I thought...nice...a little coverage, creamy for a powder convenient...AND then...

I went to see a movie with some friends, and they have a restroom (you know the kind) that has zero beauty lighting in it...the kind of restroom that you try to wash your hands and leave as soon as possible;)

But...thank goodness for this awful restroom. I caught a glimpse of my face in the mirror, and I looked as if I had smeared a combination of Goulden's and Grey Poupon mustard on my face. It was terrible. I took a wet paper towel and wiped it off my face, and I looked so much better. I also tried it in my own bathroom, and the awful tint was there...just a lot more subtle.

Since that time...I've learned that you match your neck as far as foundation is concerned, and my neck is Ivory...not grey/green/orange.

With LG's baked products, it's the luck of the draw, and it also shows up differently depending on the lighting you're in and what part of the compact you've reached. I just ordered her more recent TSV (w/ the SPF) in Fair, and I'll review that separately. I think that the Porcelain is too light and pink for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

Update: I've been using BnB for about a month now purely as foundation. I used to wear it over liquid foundation, but now that my skin has been clear, I've only used this over top the LG Bronze Spackle. I still adore how flawless it makes my face look. Never cakey, never feels like I'm actually wearing foundation or even powder.

I've been previously using MAC MSFN but found it to be too shimmery and made me very oily. I switched to BnB and haven't had any issues so far.

It does really brighten my face and even out my skin tone. I'm still oily, but not nearly as much as when I was using MSFN. I don't feel like I have to use a lot of product and the powder is not very powdery, if that makes sense. I don't feel like there's a lot of wasted product when I use this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Molliemo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have used (medium) B&B for years , looks very natural , gives a smooth even coverage , can be built up if you need more coverage ,my only gripe with it is the old type square compact with full size mirror was better imo

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2011 5:32:00 AM More reviews by barbiepink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this powder in the shade PORCELAIN and my oh my, no matter how moisturized the canvas, this product looked powdery and even more cakey under certain lighting. The pink undertone to this makes it really unnatural because it's just too much pink. I think this would be fantastic for oily skins but for dry skin gals, I recommend swatching it first if you can before your purchase! The finish can be a night and day difference between dry vs. oily since my friend who has oily skin looks SO pretty with this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 2:05:00 AM More reviews by lala01

I bought this in tan from QVC on a whim because I could not seem to find any reviews on the tan shade. Anyway, I am so glad I did. This powder is perfection on my skin. I use a kabuki brush with this and the coverage is great. People compare this to MAC Mineralize skinfinish natural, but I find that the MAC Msn's when used alone give more of a shiny oily finish on my skin-- definitely luminous but in a bad way. And I also think that the coverage the MSN's provide is very low. The balance n brighten is gives great coverage while giving my skin a glow that doesnt look shiny or oily--just gorgeous. By the way, I am an NC43 in MAC studio fix powder plus foundation and NC44 in MAC Studio Fix Fluid. Hope this helps some of the ladies looking into the tan shade. And the balance n brighten is just a hair too warm for my skin so it could probably be worn by women a few shades darker as well.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2011 5:22:00 AM More reviews by muffingrl

For starters, I'd like to say that I'm an avid MAC MSFN user in terms of powder foundations. I wear the Medium shade in both the MSFN and the Balance n Brighten. Although I love the texture and coverage of my MSFN, I do find that it is too pink-toned for me. That is where the Balance n Brighten comes in. After hearing about the BnB on youtube, I tracked it down and bought it at a CVS Beauty 360 store. The many swirls of tan, beige, and yellow create the perfect color for my NC-20/25 skin. There's not a spot of pink in sight, yet the powder is still very brightening. I am also very impressed with the coverage this gives. I generally use this to set my sheerer foundations to provide a little more coverage, I also use this to color correct foundations that are too pink. This works just as well as my MSFN and it doesn't look powdery or cakey. I only have two major complaints about this product: the packing and the size. While the plastic compact is very sturdy and high quality, I find the hinge itself to be wobbly and unstable. I sort of expect the lid to snap off with a bit more use. I also hate that I am paying more money for less product than my MSFN. I pay $27+tax for 10g of MSFN, I paid $31+tax for 9g of BnB. Despite the slight price difference, I will continue to buy this because of the great color match.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2011 5:14:00 PM More reviews by jod84

i got this product years ago.........at the time i was just looking for a powder that gave me a little colour i'm really pale so i can't get away with bronzer. when i saw this product i thought it would be peafect for me how ever it didn't show up on my skin i remember useing this and think what the hell it this thing ment to do? this was my first Laura Geller and my last. i have not ordered any think from Laura Geller since 2006 ha but it's probably my thought for trying to use this as a bronzer what a dummie