Laura Geller Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation (All Shades)

3.8

Mica, Talc, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (Jojoba), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) (Vitamin E), Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), BHT, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Extract, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

on 8/26/2011 1:47:00 AM

doesnt have enough coverage for a foundation alone... over another foundation probably would be better

on 8/21/2011 6:54:00 AM

I bought the light option thinking it would be OK on my fair skin but it looked very orange when I got it on.

I find all LG products highlight my pores

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Unfortunately, I can't comment on the quality or functionality of this product because I had to wash it off immediately. Why? Because it was horribly orange and dark and really and truly did make me resemble an Oompa Loompa. No, scratch that...even worse...I looked like Mary Murphy (SYTYCD). Note to self: Ten minutes before you have to leave the house is not an ideal time to try out a new foundation.

I have really been wanting to try this, but I am very, very pale and all the value sets at Ulta contained the Medium, which frustrated me to no end. By chance I found a sample kit on the way out the door that contained a fair sample. I snatched it up, hurried home and gleefully applied it. The glee evaporated when I went back five minutes later and looked in the mirror.

Girls, this is by no stretch of the imagination "fair", so those of a ghostly mein....beware. Unfortuante and completely disappointing.

on 8/10/2011 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have been waiting for the Porcelain BnB for years, and it just hit the UK QVC, so I ordered.

After trying the fair and regular shades, this was a delight - actually fair enough for my skin!!! Actually (and incredibly) it is slightly too fair and too pink, because I have fairly warm/yellow toned skin.

So I am able to swirl my brush first in the porcelain, then in the yellow shades of the regular (which has been lying unused for AGES), and voila - the perfect match.

I love the oil absorbing qualities of this powder, and the effect on the skin is delightful.

So THANK YOU LAURA AND THE TEAM for listening to those of us who have been asking, for years, for the paler shade. I love it.

on 8/4/2011 5:52:00 PM

Couldn't Live WithOut It!!! & Wouldn't
I have used this product for years. I see something new and and try it, it's never as good as LG's. I use all of her Bronze&Brighten, Balance & Brighten, blushes etc... Always the Bronze Spackle never a day without. Sometimes I just use the Bronze Spackle. p.s. live in Fl. and never a problem with the heat. I don't even feel as if I am wearing anyting! Love it.

on 7/5/2011 6:48:00 PM

After reading all the rave reviews on this [all over the net] I decided to buy it. I ordered the right shade for my skin tne but because you just dont know how much of each colour is going to be in the compact, it let's this product down. This was way too light for me and despite ll the claim's that it doesnt look like powder, it does. I'm only 24 and don't have any wrinkles yet when I apply this under my eye's it look's like I do. As someone has already said, nomatter how smooth your face is [even straight after exfoliating] this foundation creates the look of random dry patches. I had high hope's for this but it's just not for me!

on 7/4/2011 3:21:00 PM

I was one of the first women to purchase Balance-'n-Brighten, so I purchased it in the Regular (only color it came in for years. I had been fairly impressed by her Bronze-'n-Brighten, so I thought I would give this a try.

Now...just so ya know...I usually don't really use a foundation...just concealer in the necessary places (you know...around the nose, under my eyes, or any other place that's not looking so hot that day, and light yellow powder in those same spots.

It seemed creamy on my then late 50's face, and worked for me as a setting powder. Looked good in the rear-view mirror too. I thought...nice...a little coverage, creamy for a powder convenient...AND then...

I went to see a movie with some friends, and they have a restroom (you know the kind) that has zero beauty lighting in it...the kind of restroom that you try to wash your hands and leave as soon as possible;)

But...thank goodness for this awful restroom. I caught a glimpse of my face in the mirror, and I looked as if I had smeared a combination of Goulden's and Grey Poupon mustard on my face. It was terrible. I took a wet paper towel and wiped it off my face, and I looked so much better. I also tried it in my own bathroom, and the awful tint was there...just a lot more subtle.

Since that time...I've learned that you match your neck as far as foundation is concerned, and my neck is Ivory...not grey/green/orange.

With LG's baked products, it's the luck of the draw, and it also shows up differently depending on the lighting you're in and what part of the compact you've reached. I just ordered her more recent TSV (w/ the SPF) in Fair, and I'll review that separately. I think that the Porcelain is too light and pink for me.

on 6/22/2011 2:49:00 PM

Update: I've been using BnB for about a month now purely as foundation. I used to wear it over liquid foundation, but now that my skin has been clear, I've only used this over top the LG Bronze Spackle. I still adore how flawless it makes my face look. Never cakey, never feels like I'm actually wearing foundation or even powder.

I've been previously using MAC MSFN but found it to be too shimmery and made me very oily. I switched to BnB and haven't had any issues so far.

It does really brighten my face and even out my skin tone. I'm still oily, but not nearly as much as when I was using MSFN. I don't feel like I have to use a lot of product and the powder is not very powdery, if that makes sense. I don't feel like there's a lot of wasted product when I use this.

on 6/21/2011 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have used (medium) B&B for years , looks very natural , gives a smooth even coverage , can be built up if you need more coverage ,my only gripe with it is the old type square compact with full size mirror was better imo

on 6/12/2011 5:32:00 AM

I got this powder in the shade PORCELAIN and my oh my, no matter how moisturized the canvas, this product looked powdery and even more cakey under certain lighting. The pink undertone to this makes it really unnatural because it's just too much pink. I think this would be fantastic for oily skins but for dry skin gals, I recommend swatching it first if you can before your purchase! The finish can be a night and day difference between dry vs. oily since my friend who has oily skin looks SO pretty with this foundation.