Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.8

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Bis-Peg-18 Methylether Dimethyl Silane, Glycerin, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Caffeine, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Polysilicone-11, Silica, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Oleth-10, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp Copolymer, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium-Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5, Red 4, Yellow 6

I like how refreshing this moisturizer feels. It really sinks into my combo skin quickly. It keeps my skin moisturized in the right places all day, perfect for spring/summer. My makeup applies well over this too.

For the price, and the fact there is no sunscreen I don't think I'd repurchase though. It also doesn't seem to help my acne scarring or redness around my cheeks - not the purpose I know, but I have had better success in these areas with drugstore brands. I can see this being a good starter moisturizer when your a teen, but as you have more problems and are looking for sunscreen etc. it doesn't offer much.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This product is very moisturizing. If you have dry skin, go ahead and try it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

The ladies at the Clinique counter gave me this as part of the three step system treatment aimed for dry/combination skin. I have very oily skin...
That being said, I grew out of liking this moisturizer very quickly.
I thought this was an okay product; it didn't make my skin get itchy or irritated. But after trying out other moisturizers I just noticed it was too heavy on my skin. I would get zits regularly while using this and my pores would get clogged and expand their size.
I have been using lightweight snail filtrate gel moisturizers from Korea for a while now and my skin has never been better. Acne scars disappear quickly and I don't get pimples at all (unless it's that time of the month). I have learned if you suffer from oily skin you have to be careful not to cover your pores with mineral oil based products, because the sebum will build up inside the pores and pimples will arise. Mineral oil is the primary ingredient in this moisturizer...
The smallest bottle costs $15. It is not cheap and I would say not revolutionary at all.
I get my gel moisturizers for a cheaper price and my skin has never been better.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This has been my go to for years. I have combo skin but more on the oily side and this has never let me down. I don't know why I left it, but I came right back to using it this fall. It's not heavy at all and sinks right into your skin really quick. You don't need that much either and it's a great price for such a great product from a line like Clinique. I like that it's in pump form since it is more hygienic. It works really well under makeup or sunscreen. Those with dry skin might need to mix it with an.oil or try a different moisturizer. It's a staple for people with combo or oily skin, especially in the summer. I will repurchase more once I run out, but the large one lasts me a long time. The only reason I gave it 4 lippies is because it has no SPF. If this had SPF then it would be a PERFECT HG.

A non-nonsense water/gel moisturiser that imparts nothing but hydration (as opposed to oil) + barrier seal. Brilliant for dehydrated oily-skin people. When your skin is hydrated, it doesn't need to produce as much oil. It's also great for oily-normal combo people who prefer to wear a separate sunscreen on top. This moisturiser is light, gives a big dose of hydration that the sunscreen lotion doesn't, and you won't feel like you're weighting your skin down with double moisturisation. Unlike other oil-free gel moisturisers on the market, this isn't scented and so is good for sensitive skin.

Normal or dry skinned people need to look elsewhere, or mix oils with this moisturiser.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Nice basic moisturizer! doesn't cause any breakouts and sinks right in without leaving face shiny or sticky! I use it as a serum before sun protection but it won't be moisturizing enough for really dry or dehydrated skin.
A good basic for oily skins like mine.

This stuff is brilliant if you have combination or oily skin. Probably by favourite product that I have bought for a while purely for the reason that it really does prevent a lot of shine from coming through. I have used moisturisers specifically for oily/combination skin, I've even bought from the Clinique range but I still find them to be heavy and thick. They will make my pores look worse and definitely DO NOT help with keeping oils away but they are very moisturising. I can go bare faced with just this gel on and I have a shine free face for a good few hours which is a huge improvement for me. The only reason I didn't give this product the full 5 lipsticks is because my skin is more on the combination side rather than completely oily so you do have to be careful if you use a powder foundation as it can stick to the dry patches on your face. I get dry around my nose and right by my temples (weird place to be dry, I know) and my urban decay and Estée Lauder double wear foundations can sometimes cling to these dry patches. The gel makes your skin feel lovely but doesn't completely hydrate very difficult dry areas but something has got to give if you want to stay shine free. I have now switched to my Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation which I only got a few wears out of earlier in the year due to my oily face. I love the fact that using this gel has made my Giorgio Armani foundation last longer and keep most of my oils at bay which I really struggled with previously. My foundation now glides on like a dream, especially using a beauty blender. I am super impressed with this gel and I now can't live without it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Just far too lightweight for my over 50 skin. I need more moisture.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Before the gel came out, I was using the Dramatically Different Moisturizer LOTION, but it wasn't working out too well for my oily/combination skin. But when I tried this gel version, it absorbed much better into my skin and didn't leave an oily residue. I am now on my second bottle of this and I love it! I would recommend this for anyone with oily to combination skin.

UPDATE:
I started using two prescription acne creams and this moisturizer was no longer suitable for my skin. The acne creams dry out my skin a bit and I had to switch moisturizers because this one was not moisturizing enough. I would still recommend this to people with combination-oily skin, but people with dry skin will probably not benefit from this.

Not bad! As I have very dry skin I wanted a good moisturiser that worked great on my skin but didn't make my face feel greasy (I honestly hate that) so when I went to the Clinique counter she suggested the gel form for me instead of the lotion even though it's for normal skin, I love how it goes on at first it's so refreshing it's like splashing water on your face, but I find it drys quickly and it's almost as if my face feels back to normal and dry again! Which for the price I am not happy about (£30) I suppose it's alright for now and I'll use it until I finish it because I'm not about to waste £30 but I think when it's done I'll opt for either the moisture surge which looked good or just try the lotion! Far too expensive for an average moisturiser:/