November 27, 2014 | 1515 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2014 9:08:00 AM More reviews by millietizzard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The Clinique sales assistant recommended this to me after I told her that I had fairly dry skin, however I sometimes get oily in the T-Zone in summer. (She gave me a sample.)

After cleansing and toning, I applied the gel which is a good consistency, leaves your skin feeling soft, sinks into the skin immediately and doesn't leave a film or leave your skin greasy.

However after a few minutes I could feel my skin feeling really dry again and I'd have to moisturise with a different moisturiser.

This moisturiser is definitely more for combination/oily skin and will not help you if you have dry skin.

It simply did not work for me, however it could be a nice product if you have oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by xhellgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love it.It's silky and moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 5:28:00 AM More reviews by kmbmotz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product for several years now, I just love it! Sometimes my skin can react really bad to certain products but this product has been a life saver! No negative reaction what so ever!! I love how quickly it absorbs and doesn't make my face feel oily. I love the pump bottle, I half pump is more than enough for my face. The 125ml bottle lasts for almost a year, so I really don't mind paying almost 50 euros for it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 9:15:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

I forgot to bring moisturizer on a weekend trip but thankfully found a sample of this from Sephora in my bag. In a word, I was underwhelmed. It wasn't a BAD product, but it was quite light and provided BARELY enough hydration even for my oily skin. (It didn't help that this was winter time and anyone's skin needs more hydration.) I do like the texture though - it is a opaque, faintly yellow gel that absorbs quickly and leaves no residue on your skin. It also sits well under makeup and has no noticeable scent. All in all, it's a simple, no-strings-attached moisturizer.

However, due to the very low amount of hydration it provides, I kept feeling like my skin was dry and kept layering and layering more of this product on as the day went by. I think my oily but dehydrated skin really needs something heavier to offset oil production and keep flakes at bay.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 1:41:00 AM More reviews by aegilops

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

As someone with combination/oily skin I have looked for the perfect day moisturiser all my adult life. Had tried the original Clinique moisturising lotion but not liked it. At the age of 50 decided to give it another whirl this time trying out this moisturising gel. OMG what a difference! Have fallen in love with this little beauty. I can finally enjoy hydrated skin with no greasy residue at the age of 50. Hallelujah!

Good product, price and packaging. Highly recommended.

When I don’t use the Superdefense spf25 face cream this is the moisturiser I use with Dermologica oil-free spf lotion.

Winner!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Mxlly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This moisturizing gel, I can't tell if it did anything to be quite honest. My face always felt dry without it, so clearly all it was doing was sitting on my face. And even when I would wash my face in the morning, the gel would still be sitting on my skin and I could feel it come off.

I don't recommend this at all. Moisturizers should be hydrating, not sit on your skin until you wash it off.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 5:58:00 AM More reviews by indigocrystal88

i have been using this product for about 6 months. am close to finishing up this bottle and have just purchased another bottle last week.

what i love about this product is that it does not clog my pores and does not suffocate my skin even though i live in the hot and humid tropics.

it really helps keep my skin moisturised when i'm in the air-conditioned office for more than 10 hours. without it, my skin will really produce a lot of sebum. but my skin is not glowing though, it is still more on the dry side (i suspect i'm not doing enough skincare....)

the pump works great as it dispenses just enough moisturiser for my face and does not cause wastage. the bottle is light and crack proof (kinda like rubbery plastic), and great for me as i'm quite careless with my things.

i like its clean smell (not heavy with fragrance) and texture. one thing is that it does not spread easy on my drier skin, so normally i will rub it in my face after it is wet from toner to help with the spreading.

i use this with simple deep cleansing facial wash and the simple toner, which i have left reviews as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 8:55:00 AM More reviews by InstantRainbow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Had a few hits and misses for my oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin before I chanced on this miracle worker. Its a little more expensive than other products but then it does exactly what it claims. It gently hydrates your skin without any irritation.
Do stop by my blog if you'd like http://blue-arc-en-ciel.blogspot.in/
Cheers!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by timeaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this product and hated it. I really wanted to like the whole clinique 3-step but my skin got all these little bumps on the surface after using it a few weeks.

The DDMG was light which is good (my skin is oily) but at the same time it felt like it didn't hydrate at all and my skin felt like I hadn't even put moisturiser on.

Will def not be repurchasing!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by kjb778

I got a sample of this from Sephora for 100 pts. 1st week it worked great so I ordered a larger size. Continued using my sample for a few weeks but started to get breakouts on all areas of my face. This seems to be the culprit as nothing new was added to my routine. I had really high hopes for this product due to the reviews and rec's on the boards but unfortunately it is not for me. It does moisturize lightly but on some areas I needed more. Full size will be going back as acne is a huge deal-breaker, my moisturizer search continues...