December 22, 2014 | 905 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by AnnaDavies

I used to purchase Dream Matte Mousse as a teenager and it worked wonders, I couldn't fault it, however, I think Maybelline have changed something within the product as the colours seem darker. The foundation goes on superbly and I got almost full coverage but after around 30 minutes it seemed to patch in several places. Unfortunately, the mousse also rubs of on clothing/hands. The mousse itself is a luxurious texture however this doesn't reflect on the wear. The smell was also very unique. A couple of years ago I would of recommended this product to any woman, however it has changed dramatically and gone downhill in my eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by rosiejnes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

this foundation isn't that great.

I used it once and found it was very translucent and bad coverage
the packaging is quite bad, the foundation goes all over the lid and round the Ron so it is quite messy to apply.

overall, not worth the fuss and quite expensive, sorry but not a good purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2014 9:52:00 AM More reviews by CJenkins33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love using this in combo with my other foundation really helps cover any problems i'm having with my skin plus i just like a smooth finish that actually look matte not shiny.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by LyricNicole1125

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is always my go to foundation when I can't decide what to wear. I'm the shade creamy natural. I can wear this shade all year long, when I'm pale in the winter and when I'm tan in the summer.

But always make sure you wash your hands before using this product because it can be a hot zone for bacteria.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by maybellinegirl48

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

at first, this product felt amazing; It felt smooth and blended pretty nicely into my skin. But, throughout the day, as my skin started getting more oily, this product did not hold up, even with the additional powder i had put on in the morning. So by noon, my forehead was super shiny. This product does not live us to its name. It did not mattify my skin, and was overall one of the worst products i have used. Would not recomment, at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by roxxyy96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Considering this being a drugstore product I believe it was worth it. My skin is very oily and this did control the oil. I really liked it, even though it was not completely matte after the first 4 hours, it didn't make my skin oily like other foundations, it just gave it a natural glow. I see lots of negative reviews and mostly because they didn't match their skin color. The packaging is very deceiving because the color looks a lot lighter than when you actually open it. If you're planning on buying it definitely ask about the store's return/exchange policy. i had bought mine and had to exchange it because it was about 3 shades darker. Overall this was a great foundation, it gave good coverage and it's super soft. The best way to apply it is either a stippling brush or with your fingers. NOT by scooping the product out but just pressing your fingers on it and pressing/stippling it onto the skin and then just go back and spot correct any blemishes or scars. This will avoid the little mousse balls.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2014 7:31:00 AM More reviews by nickilloyd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Green

I found this mousse foundation to be nice when i first put it on... goes on smoothly.... but after a few hours it totally caked on my skin...
Little bobbles of mousse appeared raised up from my skin... and it didn't last.... slowly slid off my face until it looked like i had nothing on... after just a few hours. Save your money, dont buy this!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Celine93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hate this product with a passion. Always had clear skin until a year ago I developed nodule type acne on my cheeks and papules around my chin. For a year I have been trying to figure out what was causing it. I quit eating gluten, caffeine, sugars, and tried every type of facial wash and acne treatment nothing worked. I was so frustrated and sick of not being able to look at myself in the mirror without make up on. Meanwhile I was using maybelines dream mousse loving how much coverage it have me and my horrible skin.. Finally I researched it and found it was causing break outs. I threw it out about 2 weeks ago and have no pimples but am on a long road to recovering my skin from scarring and damage.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2014 8:04:00 AM More reviews by pizzaandmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

ive been looking for a good foundation for a long time now and decided to try this one. i got light porcelain ivory and its still a little too dark and orangey for my skin tone. it gives pretty good coverage but i would not recommend this for dry skin because it would make my forehead look very flakey and dry even when i used moisturizer before. also its kind of hard to blend and around my temples it makes me look like in wearing orangey bronzer

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by gracemadeleine

I really dislike this foundation as it does nothing for me and the lightest shade is way too dark