BeneFit Cosmetics Play Sticks Concealer, foundation and powder all-in-one!

3.7

on 12/27/2009 8:49:00 AM

This is absolutely brilliant. Best foundation as it doesn't shine and doesn't dry out your skin. It is easy to blend and is light coverage so good for problem skin as it gives full coverage with out the cake-i-ness it lasts all day and there are losts of shades to suit your skin!!! Would definitely recommend. Took a while to find a foundation that suits my skin! It doesn't clog pores and doesn't cause break outs....what else do you want?

on 12/24/2009 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this on the benefit website in the lightest color available: jax (which is now discountinued)... anyways onto the foundation review! This stuff is really easy to apply and matches my skintone great...I find that if I want a slightly lighter coverage (because this IS A FULL COVERAGE foundation) I simply swipe the stick with a wet sponge and sorta dab it in with the sponge.. I took one lippie off for personal reasons and thats that I have a bit drier skin so when I apply it 'stick to face' it doesnt give me dewy skin that I sometimes like. anyways its a very matte, shine free foundation and doesnt break me out!

EDIT: I dont use this foundation much anymore as I dont need the coverage it provides.. but I wanted to warn ppl with large pores - this is not your foundation!

on 12/22/2009 6:26:00 AM

I'm apparently white as a sheet, and the lightest shade in this stuff (Spin the Bottle) was like 5 shades too dark for me. It looked like I was dressing up for halloween as a college girl on spring break in ft lauderdale. (Yes, all those prepositions symbolize how very far away from my true shade it was!)

On their website it looks like it would be sufficiently pale, but noooooo it is not. Beware, fellow pallid ladies! (For your reference, I'm shade 110 in MUFE HD Invisible Cover foundation.)

The packaging and the consistency of this seemed ok, for the half-minute I wore it.

on 12/19/2009 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I use this once in awhile for thicker coverage. I actually really like it, I find it works really well. My only complaint is that I'm fair skinned and the even lightest color appears slightly orange so I make sure to use a translucent powder after application and blend, blend, blend. It's probably one of the only heavier foundations I've used that isn't too harsh on my skin.

on 11/29/2009 9:11:00 AM

Although this foundation was a bit cakey, it made me look flawless upon initial hours of wear. However, as the night went by, it could not hold up against my oily skin. In pictures, it made me look extremely greasy and tired, and consequently, the developed photos made my skin look very unflattering. Moreover, it felt a bit heavy on my face, almost like a mask and apparently, an oily, seemingly pore-clogging one. Simply put, I don't recommend this foundation for oily/acne-prone girls like me.

on 11/23/2009 11:32:00 AM

Playsticks I LOVE!
It's about £23 I'd say this is good value for money considering it lasts ages and acts as a foundation and a great under eye councealer or on the spot concealer! It feels gorgeous on the skin and is a great base for bronzers and blushes! When the counter lady at benefit put it on me my friend said I looked like a had an immaculate porcelain face!
I only wear foundation on nights out exc and I can completely tell the difference! flawless !!

on 11/8/2009 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this as a concealer for redness around my nose. It works pretty well for this. I'm super oily in this area and it holds up fairly well and coverage is great. I've tried sensual skin enhancer, maquicomplet, several mineral powders, but this works best for me. Update: This is just too oily for me.

on 11/7/2009 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This product is just "ok" for me. I bought it because a friend of mine loves it (and it works super for her). On me however, my nose looks flaky with this foundation. And it makes my skin break out. I have sensitive skin. Every time I go to put it on... a couple of days later I get pimples! I don't get that with other fragrance free foundations.

Otherwise I like the texture and coverage. But this one's not for me.

on 10/25/2009 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought BeneFit's Play Sticks in Jax which is a nice match for my fair skin tone. I have dry/sensitive skin so I was drawn to the creamy texture of this stick foundation.

COVERAGE: Medium to full. Play Sticks have a really nice coverage that blends out easily because of it's creamy texture. Blended out it gives a medium coverage, concentrated it gives a full coverage. I need fuller coverage around my nose to cover redness so I use more product & pat it into my skin, on my forehead I need just a little coverage so I use just a dab of product and blend it out.

FINISH: Play Sticks are cream to powder foundations. I would call Play Sticks's finish a very soft matte or a natural matte. It's a very soft fresh finish with no shine.

MULTI-TASKING: I like to use Play Sticks as both a foundation and a concealer. I blend it out with a foundation brush or my fingers when I'm applying it as a foundation. I use a small concealer brush to pat Play Sticks onto problem areas which concentrates the product giving more coverage. Play Sticks work great at covering redness, breakouts, and under eye circles.

PACKAGING: Play Sticks come in a sleek pearl gray tube that twists to dispense product. It's very portable and easy to pop in my purse to have on the go.

BOTTOM LINE: I love how blendable Play Sticks are - it's great to be able to tailor the coverage to where I need it and sheer it out where I don't. Also love: how easy it is to use, how Play Sticks doubles as a concealer & foundation, how portable/convenient this product is, and how pretty the finish is. I would repurchase when the time comes but this one tube has lasted me an eternity - it's a generous size for sure! I'd definitely recommend giving this product a try. Benefit has 8 shades (including the shade I have, Jax, which is great for PPP!). Play Sticks retail for $34 but there is A LOT of product in the tube which will last a long time.

INGREDIENTS: Phenyl Trimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Octanoate, Polyethylene, Polymethyl methacrylate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone Copolyol, Hydrated Silica. Contains Less Than 1% Concentrate: Silica, HDI/Trimethylol hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Green Tea (Carnellia Oleifera) Extract, Chamomile (Anthemis Nobilis) Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, BHT, Bisabolol, Ginko Biloba Extract, Lecithin, Fragrance. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

on 10/3/2009 11:55:00 AM

This is my first review on these boards. I have found them ever so helpful in my quest for perfect make-up, so I wanted to also help others out.

I get my brows waxed at BeneFit, and they used this to cover the redness. She then applied it on my problem areas: around nose, chin, and eyelids as well. I could not believe how smooth and even the coverage was.

I bought the stick in Hide & Seek, and this is the first foundation that I have ever used up. I have tried everything: Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, Bare Minerals, Stila, you name it. I have pretty dry skin, so I don't like powder foundations. I dislike liquid b/c I don't feel like they provide enough coverage. I have moderately clear skin, but redness around my nose, blackheads on my nose, and some light acne scars on my chin.

I apply this over my moisturizer, then use BeneFit erase paste under my eyes, and my skin looks amazing. I use a damp sponge to blend the play stick, and a Laura Mericer concealer brush to blend. I don't set with powder b/c I don't like the matte look.

This stick lasted me for 13 months, which is more than adequate time, IMO.

The ONLY bad thing is that Sephora does not sell my shade so I have to buy it from BeneFit store or online.