BeneFit Cosmetics Play Sticks Concealer, foundation and powder all-in-one!

3.7

on 11/23/2009 11:32:00 AM

Playsticks I LOVE!
It's about £23 I'd say this is good value for money considering it lasts ages and acts as a foundation and a great under eye councealer or on the spot concealer! It feels gorgeous on the skin and is a great base for bronzers and blushes! When the counter lady at benefit put it on me my friend said I looked like a had an immaculate porcelain face!
I only wear foundation on nights out exc and I can completely tell the difference! flawless !!

on 11/8/2009 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this as a concealer for redness around my nose. It works pretty well for this. I'm super oily in this area and it holds up fairly well and coverage is great. I've tried sensual skin enhancer, maquicomplet, several mineral powders, but this works best for me. Update: This is just too oily for me.

on 11/7/2009 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This product is just "ok" for me. I bought it because a friend of mine loves it (and it works super for her). On me however, my nose looks flaky with this foundation. And it makes my skin break out. I have sensitive skin. Every time I go to put it on... a couple of days later I get pimples! I don't get that with other fragrance free foundations.

Otherwise I like the texture and coverage. But this one's not for me.

VVV

on 10/25/2009 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought BeneFit's Play Sticks in Jax which is a nice match for my fair skin tone. I have dry/sensitive skin so I was drawn to the creamy texture of this stick foundation.

COVERAGE: Medium to full. Play Sticks have a really nice coverage that blends out easily because of it's creamy texture. Blended out it gives a medium coverage, concentrated it gives a full coverage. I need fuller coverage around my nose to cover redness so I use more product & pat it into my skin, on my forehead I need just a little coverage so I use just a dab of product and blend it out.

FINISH: Play Sticks are cream to powder foundations. I would call Play Sticks's finish a very soft matte or a natural matte. It's a very soft fresh finish with no shine.

MULTI-TASKING: I like to use Play Sticks as both a foundation and a concealer. I blend it out with a foundation brush or my fingers when I'm applying it as a foundation. I use a small concealer brush to pat Play Sticks onto problem areas which concentrates the product giving more coverage. Play Sticks work great at covering redness, breakouts, and under eye circles.

PACKAGING: Play Sticks come in a sleek pearl gray tube that twists to dispense product. It's very portable and easy to pop in my purse to have on the go.

BOTTOM LINE: I love how blendable Play Sticks are - it's great to be able to tailor the coverage to where I need it and sheer it out where I don't. Also love: how easy it is to use, how Play Sticks doubles as a concealer & foundation, how portable/convenient this product is, and how pretty the finish is. I would repurchase when the time comes but this one tube has lasted me an eternity - it's a generous size for sure! I'd definitely recommend giving this product a try. Benefit has 8 shades (including the shade I have, Jax, which is great for PPP!). Play Sticks retail for $34 but there is A LOT of product in the tube which will last a long time.

INGREDIENTS: Phenyl Trimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Octanoate, Polyethylene, Polymethyl methacrylate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone Copolyol, Hydrated Silica. Contains Less Than 1% Concentrate: Silica, HDI/Trimethylol hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Green Tea (Carnellia Oleifera) Extract, Chamomile (Anthemis Nobilis) Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, BHT, Bisabolol, Ginko Biloba Extract, Lecithin, Fragrance. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

on 10/3/2009 11:55:00 AM

This is my first review on these boards. I have found them ever so helpful in my quest for perfect make-up, so I wanted to also help others out.

I get my brows waxed at BeneFit, and they used this to cover the redness. She then applied it on my problem areas: around nose, chin, and eyelids as well. I could not believe how smooth and even the coverage was.

I bought the stick in Hide & Seek, and this is the first foundation that I have ever used up. I have tried everything: Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, Bare Minerals, Stila, you name it. I have pretty dry skin, so I don't like powder foundations. I dislike liquid b/c I don't feel like they provide enough coverage. I have moderately clear skin, but redness around my nose, blackheads on my nose, and some light acne scars on my chin.

I apply this over my moisturizer, then use BeneFit erase paste under my eyes, and my skin looks amazing. I use a damp sponge to blend the play stick, and a Laura Mericer concealer brush to blend. I don't set with powder b/c I don't like the matte look.

This stick lasted me for 13 months, which is more than adequate time, IMO.

The ONLY bad thing is that Sephora does not sell my shade so I have to buy it from BeneFit store or online.

on 9/27/2009 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Definitely amazing in terms of foundation, this product delivers very satisfying results. I felt that with this product, the reason why I loved it, was because it delivered exactly what I expected from it. The coverage is wonderful. The packaging is cute. You kind of expect it with the fact that it's a stick foundation. Overall, I have this in shade Spin the Bottle (ref: MAC NW20), and I am pretty sure that I'm going to go back for a second tube when I run out.

AYS

on 9/22/2009 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have recently come back to this product after a few years testing other things. It is good - the colour (Jump Rope) is good on me (which is my main problem with foundations) and the coverage is good too - medium but you can use less or more to adjust it. The only problem is that it doesn't last for me and I become shiny by midday (althought I do have a really oily T-zone). It's not perfect but definitely one of the best foundations that I have tried. The first stick I used I actually finished which is unheard of for me - so it must be pretty good.

on 9/17/2009 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE IT! BEST FOUNDATION EVER EVER EVER!

I use "paper dolls".

Pro's to Playsticks:

* Extremely compact ( you dont need to carry about a big foundation bottle, brush, sponges etc etc...just this little tube)
* Amazing coverage but not too much!
* Cute little tube !
* Not oily or greasy when on the skin!
* Cheap-ish

on 8/31/2009 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I don't like liquid foundations or compact cremes. I don't wear foundation all over my face - only on my nose and chin. I've tried Bobbi Brown, Clinique, MAC...the list goes on. I tried the Play Stick. (I've only picked it up and put it down about one hundred times.) I LOVE IT! LOVE IT! The right amount of coverage, great blendability, and color that looks like real skin. Don't be put off by the initial "greasy" feel - this simply give the product some slip for application. Use this with "Get Even" and you will have unmoveable coverage all day. I am very fair with fine lines that come with age and this is the first formula (in awhile) that doesn't settle in around my nose and mouth. But I am using "Get Even" on top. I can't speak to break outs - obviously some people will break out as that is true with everything - but it you are looking for spot coverage, give this a try.

on 8/28/2009 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HG material. I'm NC25 and Tea Party is the perfect color for me. I never thought I'd find a foundation I love this much, especially a stick foundation, and especially because I usually write most of Benefit's products off as gimmicky and overpriced. However, it's perfect - perfect medium+ buildable coverage without feeling heavy or looking cakey/piled on, perfect bleandability without being too thin, perfect color match (I literally can barely see it when I put it on my skin, it's that close to my skin color) and perfect finish - not necessarily dewy but also not so matte that I look like I spread chalk on my face. I do need to blot about halfway through the day, even when I set with powder, but I don't expect any foundation to keep me 100% oil free through an entire hot summer day. I can deal with that because even when I do look a bit oily, it's easy to blot away because the foundation doesn't pool and end up looking uneven. Yes, it's pretty expensive and it seems like it I may go through it quickly, but this is a product that's worth its price tag. I haven't found anything comparable.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products