December 23, 2014 | 1593 users online

Foundations - BeneFit Cosmetics - Play Sticks Concealer, foundation and powder all-in-one!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2009 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Michellekins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is just "ok" for me. I bought it because a friend of mine loves it (and it works super for her). On me however, my nose looks flaky with this foundation. And it makes my skin break out. I have sensitive skin. Every time I go to put it on... a couple of days later I get pimples! I don't get that with other fragrance free foundations.

Otherwise I like the texture and coverage. But this one's not for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 3:05:00 PM More reviews by VVV

I bought BeneFit's Play Sticks in Jax which is a nice match for my fair skin tone. I have dry/sensitive skin so I was drawn to the creamy texture of this stick foundation.

COVERAGE: Medium to full. Play Sticks have a really nice coverage that blends out easily because of it's creamy texture. Blended out it gives a medium coverage, concentrated it gives a full coverage. I need fuller coverage around my nose to cover redness so I use more product & pat it into my skin, on my forehead I need just a little coverage so I use just a dab of product and blend it out.

FINISH: Play Sticks are cream to powder foundations. I would call Play Sticks's finish a very soft matte or a natural matte. It's a very soft fresh finish with no shine.

MULTI-TASKING: I like to use Play Sticks as both a foundation and a concealer. I blend it out with a foundation brush or my fingers when I'm applying it as a foundation. I use a small concealer brush to pat Play Sticks onto problem areas which concentrates the product giving more coverage. Play Sticks work great at covering redness, breakouts, and under eye circles.

PACKAGING: Play Sticks come in a sleek pearl gray tube that twists to dispense product. It's very portable and easy to pop in my purse to have on the go.

BOTTOM LINE: I love how blendable Play Sticks are - it's great to be able to tailor the coverage to where I need it and sheer it out where I don't. Also love: how easy it is to use, how Play Sticks doubles as a concealer & foundation, how portable/convenient this product is, and how pretty the finish is. I would repurchase when the time comes but this one tube has lasted me an eternity - it's a generous size for sure! I'd definitely recommend giving this product a try. Benefit has 8 shades (including the shade I have, Jax, which is great for PPP!). Play Sticks retail for $34 but there is A LOT of product in the tube which will last a long time.

INGREDIENTS: Phenyl Trimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Octanoate, Polyethylene, Polymethyl methacrylate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone Copolyol, Hydrated Silica. Contains Less Than 1% Concentrate: Silica, HDI/Trimethylol hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Green Tea (Carnellia Oleifera) Extract, Chamomile (Anthemis Nobilis) Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, BHT, Bisabolol, Ginko Biloba Extract, Lecithin, Fragrance. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2009 11:55:00 AM More reviews by dexters

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first review on these boards. I have found them ever so helpful in my quest for perfect make-up, so I wanted to also help others out.

I get my brows waxed at BeneFit, and they used this to cover the redness. She then applied it on my problem areas: around nose, chin, and eyelids as well. I could not believe how smooth and even the coverage was.

I bought the stick in Hide & Seek, and this is the first foundation that I have ever used up. I have tried everything: Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, Bare Minerals, Stila, you name it. I have pretty dry skin, so I don't like powder foundations. I dislike liquid b/c I don't feel like they provide enough coverage. I have moderately clear skin, but redness around my nose, blackheads on my nose, and some light acne scars on my chin.

I apply this over my moisturizer, then use BeneFit erase paste under my eyes, and my skin looks amazing. I use a damp sponge to blend the play stick, and a Laura Mericer concealer brush to blend. I don't set with powder b/c I don't like the matte look.

This stick lasted me for 13 months, which is more than adequate time, IMO.

The ONLY bad thing is that Sephora does not sell my shade so I have to buy it from BeneFit store or online.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2009 1:53:00 AM More reviews by rebelprince

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Definitely amazing in terms of foundation, this product delivers very satisfying results. I felt that with this product, the reason why I loved it, was because it delivered exactly what I expected from it. The coverage is wonderful. The packaging is cute. You kind of expect it with the fact that it's a stick foundation. Overall, I have this in shade Spin the Bottle (ref: MAC NW20), and I am pretty sure that I'm going to go back for a second tube when I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2009 7:55:00 AM More reviews by AYS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have recently come back to this product after a few years testing other things. It is good - the colour (Jump Rope) is good on me (which is my main problem with foundations) and the coverage is good too - medium but you can use less or more to adjust it. The only problem is that it doesn't last for me and I become shiny by midday (althought I do have a really oily T-zone). It's not perfect but definitely one of the best foundations that I have tried. The first stick I used I actually finished which is unheard of for me - so it must be pretty good.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2009 9:11:00 AM More reviews by jadalindores

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE IT! BEST FOUNDATION EVER EVER EVER!

I use "paper dolls".

Pro's to Playsticks:

* Extremely compact ( you dont need to carry about a big foundation bottle, brush, sponges etc etc...just this little tube)
* Amazing coverage but not too much!
* Cute little tube !
* Not oily or greasy when on the skin!
* Cheap-ish

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2009 6:45:00 PM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't like liquid foundations or compact cremes. I don't wear foundation all over my face - only on my nose and chin. I've tried Bobbi Brown, Clinique, MAC...the list goes on. I tried the Play Stick. (I've only picked it up and put it down about one hundred times.) I LOVE IT! LOVE IT! The right amount of coverage, great blendability, and color that looks like real skin. Don't be put off by the initial "greasy" feel - this simply give the product some slip for application. Use this with "Get Even" and you will have unmoveable coverage all day. I am very fair with fine lines that come with age and this is the first formula (in awhile) that doesn't settle in around my nose and mouth. But I am using "Get Even" on top. I can't speak to break outs - obviously some people will break out as that is true with everything - but it you are looking for spot coverage, give this a try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 8:03:00 PM More reviews by yayitsanne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

HG material. I'm NC25 and Tea Party is the perfect color for me. I never thought I'd find a foundation I love this much, especially a stick foundation, and especially because I usually write most of Benefit's products off as gimmicky and overpriced. However, it's perfect - perfect medium+ buildable coverage without feeling heavy or looking cakey/piled on, perfect bleandability without being too thin, perfect color match (I literally can barely see it when I put it on my skin, it's that close to my skin color) and perfect finish - not necessarily dewy but also not so matte that I look like I spread chalk on my face. I do need to blot about halfway through the day, even when I set with powder, but I don't expect any foundation to keep me 100% oil free through an entire hot summer day. I can deal with that because even when I do look a bit oily, it's easy to blot away because the foundation doesn't pool and end up looking uneven. Yes, it's pretty expensive and it seems like it I may go through it quickly, but this is a product that's worth its price tag. I haven't found anything comparable.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by mo141

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation, and it is the best Stick foundation I have used. I feel like other cream or stick foundations have great coverage, but they always accentuate dry spots. This one doesn't. It has great coverage, it doesn't accentuate dry areas, and it doesnt look cakey. This also applies very easily.
Ways I've applied this foundation:
1. apply foundation to face directly from stick, blend with damp sponge.
2. apply foundation directly from stick, blend with fingers.
3. Get foundation on foundation brush, and blend onto face
The best way I've found to apply this is the Number 1, with a damp sponge. I would love to try applying this with something like a MAC 187 or 188 but I don't have one of those.
The only thing is that I feel like I will run out of the product fairly quickly, and being a significant price, I don't want to feel that way. But since I don't use this everyday, I know it will last a while, and It is still a great foundation.
:) mo

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2009 11:14:00 AM More reviews by ella2201

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I do actually really like this foundation. It gives great coverage without looking 'cakey.' Its fantastically mattifying but not dulling. The tea tree oil in it is fantastic for any breakouts, and its super easy to apply. The only downside is that as the previous reviewer says, it doesnt last long enough, especially considering its price. There are better value products out there, but considering the millions of rubbish foundations I have used, this is definitely one of the best.