Garnier Sleek and Shine Conditioner

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

New Formulation 7/2011: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Palm Oil, Behentrimonium Chloride, Apple Fruit Extract, Glycerin, Fragrance, Isopropyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine HCI, Apricot Kernel Oil, Citric Acid, Sugar Cane Extract,Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Yellow 5, Lemon Peel Extract, Yellow 6, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Aminomethyl Propanol.

on 1/29/2007 1:22:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have fine curly hair (and lots of it). I've been using the Garnier Fructis dandruff shampoo for several years, and I wanted to try one of their conditioners. I picked this one because it comes in a huge package (I think it's the 32 oz. one) for a decent price. It eliminates frizz from my hair, and leaves me with moisturized, defined curls. It smells fantastic, like all of their products! I can see this gigantic container lasting me for a long time, but when I need a new bottle, I'll buy this again.

on 1/5/2007 7:24:00 PM

THis is the SLeek n Shine Leave In conditioner I am reviewing. It is a great leave in. Does not weigh my hair down. Does not overly build up. Has similar ingredients to higher end products but is a much cheaper price. Gives my hair body, curl retention, and tons of shine. Definitely a re-purchase.

on 11/18/2006 9:56:00 PM

I usually love Garnier Fructis products, this one however did not work for me. When I used both the shampoo and conditioner together my hair felt like it had a film on it, it was very weighed down. I've been able to use both of these products together again but I've had to dilute them half with either shampoo or conditioner and half with water. And yes, I do get the results that this particular type claims after diluting it, nice and shiny. Although I've found a way around the problem, I will not purchase this again.

on 11/2/2006 7:11:00 PM

No bad, but not the miraculous 'sleek and shine' I was looking for. I was really hoping for some serious sleekness after using this, but was left dissapointed. There's certainly nothing wrong with the product, but it just doesn't live up to all the hype. Won't be buying again; back to my L'oreal Vive.

on 10/7/2006 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

see my review for the shampoo. while the shampoo feels like it might be doing something for my hair while i'm washing it, this product performs like your cheap basic no-frills conditioner in every way. it does absolutely nothing to smooth your hair. my hair actually feels coarser using this conditioner. also, it smells like cheap St. Ives apple conditioner that my cheapskate folks used to buy when i was a kid. so... the only reason this product would deserve a star is for nostalgic purposes.UPDATE: okay. this stuff sucks. my hair isn't oily--with my Matrix stuff, it only has to be washed every 3 or 4 days. this stuff made it so my hair would be a dirty, greasy mess EVERY SINGLE DAY. it doesn't do anything to sleek or shine my coarse hair. i'm keeping it at 1 lippie because i can't give it a zero. continued >>

on 9/5/2006 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Like the shampoo this left my hair sticky and dull and I hated the smell.

on 8/17/2006 8:15:00 PM

I was pleasantly surprised by this conditioner. I have thick, coarse, but not curly hair and I'm always trying to find conditioners to make my hair smoother. So far my favorite is Tigi's S Factor Line but it is ridiculously expensive. This comes pretty close and for the price, it is my every day conditioner. I think this performed far better than Pantene's smoothing line. My hair is noticably sleeker even if I don't straighten it. I also think this smells excellent. The upside down bottle is also convenient.

on 8/16/2006 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE ALL of Garnier's products. They are EXCELLENT for people with frizzy thick hair like mine. I'll recommend it to anybody.

on 8/16/2006 2:46:00 PM

I don't like this conditioner at all. I have pretty low-maintenence hair (I actually got it for my poofy-haired sister), but it actually made my hair more frizzy and it didn't do anything for my sister either. Even after I quickly rinsed it out without letting it sit, my hair felt like it was covered in wax. Icky icky. Never buying again.

on 7/9/2006 7:11:00 AM

I received a sample in the mail. This and the matching conditioner did not make my hair sleek nor shiny, rather left residue in my hair and made it coarse and dull. My hair felt like straw.