Maybelline Cover Stick

3.3

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ozokerite, Kaolin, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Talc, Propylparaben, Polybutene, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491/Iron Oxides, CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) (Chromium Hydroxide Green)

on 1/22/2013 4:59:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product is definitely not for under-eye bags. Even for acne, I found it too cakey. I like the packaging in theory, and I was excited to try a creamy concealer. However, I find it very obvious both on zits and under my eyes.

on 1/17/2013 12:41:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

I've used this concealer for over a year now to cover my severe acne and scarring, and I can honestly say it's the best one I can find in a drugstore.
It's thick, and it can therefore cover any pimple or scar on my face. Because it's so thick, I don't have to glob it on like I've had to do with other concealers in the past; a little goes a long way!
Also, because I have to use so little, this concealer will last 4 to 5 months (perhaps more!), which is a such a steal because it's only $5 or $6.
This is one of the only concealers that I can find that matches my extremely pale skin tone! I'm sure that just about anybody could find a match for their unique skin color.
Most importantly? This doesn't cause breakouts! This is HUGE for me. HUGE.

The only complaints I have about this product are 1) It's probably not the best concealer to use for under eye circles, because it'll show lines you didn't even know were there, 2) It CAN look cakey and splotchy if you're not careful; it can't be put on entire areas, only on specific spots, and 3) The packaging is a little annoying because after a few months of use, the concealer will get all over the cap. But that's just being nit-picky!

on 1/8/2013 6:23:00 PM

I liked it but my skin is too dry. It didn't go on easy & I mainly bought it for under eye circles. It wasn't the worst either through. I think it might work better for someone with oil skin.

on 12/27/2012 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

For me, this product sucks. It provides good coverage but it builds up pretty fast in time on the lines under my eyes making it counter-productive for bags (something I have lots of). Unfortunately the coverage I need is for my bags so this doesn't really do me well.

If your looking for coverage for acne scars or areas NOT around the eyes, this would probably work for you. It does not get oily so that's good.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Love this! Covers amazingly well, especially for the price! Blends in with ease and doesn't feel too heavy! Prefer this to some more expensive concealers. Every time I go to try a new type of concealer, I always end up coming back to this one! Long lasting, as well!

on 12/21/2012 3:36:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I did not expect much from this when I saw 'color corrector' on the label but I did find this helpful. I find the green and purple sticks gimmicky but the yellow color should work because most skin tones have some yellow in it. I had to blend on only the edges because blending too much rubbed it off but this covered my acne. In addition it feels moisturizing with out feeling too creamy. I would say be careful when winding this up because the stick can break. I found that this in yellow worked for covering my acne and redness but it is mediocre in covering under eye circles. It is not terrible just so-so.
To use: Apply blending slightly above the neck of the pimple do not overblend! Then put a matte translucent powder over try to find one without any sparkles so attention will not be drawn towards the acne.
I will buy this again.

on 12/16/2012 11:43:00 PM

This was my first concealer.
It's not that easy to apply, a little thick. I used ivory over Revlon Colorstay in buff.
I used my ring finger to spread it over/into my undereye area and on acne scars. It didn't really cover, it just caked up and accentuated my little undereye wrinkles (I'm 21). For $10, this is going back to the drugstore.

on 12/16/2012 12:18:00 AM

This is actually one of the best concealers I've come across so far - it stays on for lengthy periods of time and covers over anything. Since it only comes in a few colors, it doesn't always match my skin tone, but if you blend it nicely it works well.

Overall, even if you don't usually use stick concealers (I never really did), it's proven to be great.

on 12/10/2012 6:35:00 PM

Have been buying this product for years. It was the first concealer I ever purchased before I knew anything about make up but somehow I keep coming back to it. I take medium beige and whenever I see the shade I buy a couple just in case. When I use this product, I prime with a mix of day moisturizer and idealist skin serum. Then use a mineral makeup foundation. Then lightly wet a stippling brush (MAC) and take the stick and roll it gently over the bristles to 'load it up.' But again very gently and not too much, with this concealer it is much better to layer. then I stipple the areas that need some cover and finish by twirling the brush to blend. I finish with a translucent powder and additional mineral foundation if required for color matching. I find that it covers flawlessly. I can't even tell I have any make up on. Then blush and all the rest, gives you a no make up glow. Have received many compliments on my skin because people don't think I have any make up on at all. But as others have said, it can be hard to work with. I find the water really helps. And warming it up as well. Always layer lightly. And don't be afraid to start over if you mess it up the first couple of times. Otherwise yes it can look cakey. Patience is a virtue. This is a really cheap effective product when used correctly.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I usually use this under my Revlon Colorstay Foundation for oily/combo skin and use it OVER my foundation for under eyes, just a bit of this goes a very long way. Careful not to apply TOO much otherwise it has a tendency to cake and sink into lines. I've been looking for a concealer that covers as well but in liquid and have yet to find one so until i do, this will be my go-to concealer.