December 28, 2014 | 2070 users online

Masks - LUSH - Brazened Honey Face Mask

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2011 3:15:00 AM More reviews by lovelypinktofu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm in the middle-leaning to the negative side on this products. Pros are it's a good strong exfoliating mask, personally though a little too strong since I prefer gentle scrubs. I did not notice if it made my skin any softer, because my face was too cold from the fridge-store mask! What I hate most though is the smell. It smells like really pungent spices that is good in a curry but not on my face. Nobody's gonna eat my face, right? Anyways, steer clear if you have more delicate skin and...ah..olfactory senses.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2011 2:28:00 AM More reviews by Bobbiegel

this stings my skin so much that i might be unbearable for the first 3 minutes. and my skin type is not even sensitive! but somehow, after tolerating it for 3 minutes, the mask calms down on the face and made my face tighter. it did not exfoliate properly on my skin but the redness of the acne are reduced and the skin actually looks smooth. the only downside is, it HURTS when i apply it on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by SuzanneDee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Technically I can't buy this product "Again" since I didn't buy it the first time - It was a freebie for returning five black pots (which I'd been trying to collect for almost 3 years).
I got 50gms of the product, which after some 8 uses, is still more than half full, so it's safe to say that Lush has no clue about how off the mark their rationing information is.
I love that you can keep Lush masks in the fridge. I've used The Sacred Truth and that felt too clammy on my skin. Brazened Honey, however, is thicker and slightly drier - more gritty than pasty because it's got exfoliating bits. The consistency makes it more comfortable when cold and easier to apply too - I defy their instructions and wet my face, hold a cherry-sized glob in my fingertips and thin it out over my skin. I waste less this way, don't get any into my nostrils and the wash basin is cleaner.
It's got a sweet-herb smell. I smelled more honey in Sacred Truth than Brazened Honey, to be honest. But this smell is pleasant and not medicinal, it's totally tolerable for the 15 minutes that I leave it on (half a sitcom - yayyy) and dries to a rough off-white powdery mask.
On particularly lazy days I spritz water on my face to rewet the mask and go another 5 minutes, but one round usually will do.
The washing up part is where the exfoliation happens, the rough granules scrub it all off (more gentle than St Ives, not as smooth as Neutrogena's Blackhead one) and like most masks it takes 5 whole minutes to wash away.
But the results are worth it - my skin has this scrubbed clean look. My chin and nose areas are shine-free, my cheeks are the under eye darkness is less prominent. Actually, I look like I've woken up from a nap. I think that's enough to expect from a mask - it's not a cosmetic surgeon!
I use Brazened Honey twice a week (gotta finish it up before it goes bad). If you're not a fan of exfoliation or are using this mask too often to require a scrub here's help: when the mask has completely hardened break into a wide smile and move al the miscles in your face. The worst of the mask will fall away as powder and you can wipe away the rest of the exfoliating bits before you wash.
I'm looking forward to buying a full tub, I'm just not sure whether I'll be able to use it all up in time so I can't award a full 5 lipsticks. Lush should really sell 50gm portions. They're so weird sometimes!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2011 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Dayday00

This mask burn on me like crazy. And my skin is not sensitive at all!
Also, didn't see an improvement of my skin, not a glow, nothing.
Won't buy again, because there is better masks from Lush.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 3:07:00 AM More reviews by lightchaser16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is by far my favourite Lush mask, and I'd venture to say possibly the best mask I've ever used. It's not meant to do what the acne-attacking, pore-tightening masks are - it's gentle, it's rich and it calms your skin down like nothing else can. My skin glows wonderfully for a few days after I've used this and the difference in smoothness is tangible. It's like your face is thanking you for giving it this treat! Would recommend and repurchase without a second thought.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by xXHugaholicXx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the ground almonds in this face mask!!!
It really softened up my skin and brightened it up!!

It smells like honeysuckle, really soft, and feminine :)

I WILL get this again just because it made my skin looking and feeling so nice :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2010 2:21:00 AM More reviews by AnnaMaria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Love this mask. I have pale, dry, sensitive skin, but this mask leaves my skin feeling refreshed and looking refined. I'm normally not a fan of masks with kaolin in them, but this mask works for me. I think because of the exfoliating properties. I took a lipstick off because I had to order it from UK LUSH and it arrived a couple of days after the "use by" date on the packaging. So I've been using it more often than I normally would. But it has not dried my skin out at all and has left it feeling soft. I wish USA LUSH would start carrying all the great fresh masks.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2010 4:37:00 PM More reviews by AsianxDoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you have sensitive skin I do not advise you to buy this. My skin is not really sensitive but the product did feel kind of strong on my skin. The ex foliating beads are great but be sure to rub gently. The smell is alright. Overall I did see some great improvements on my skin but it is kind of harsh so I wouldn't repurchase. I'm sure there is another Lush mask that suits better for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2010 2:02:00 PM More reviews by champagne007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favourite face mask. It both exfoliates and the clay dries out and cleans . I always feel so good about my skin and I use it as part of my weekly beauty regime as well as a pick me up before a night out. I'm also a big fan of natural products. And Lush reward customers who bring back empty pots with a free mask.

Fresh ingredients can be strong on sensitive skin so it's important to get the right mask for your face. I've tried some of the other Lush masks and this one seems to be the best one for me. I've also used other brands, but this one seems the best, I get compliments when I've used it and that for me is a sure sign that a mask is good. My friends always say they are jealous and they say how great my skin looks.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2010 7:02:00 PM More reviews by nikolala

I originally went in to LUSH to buy love lettuce and when i found out they were all out I was really bummed, then the consultant said I should try brazened honey because its very similar with the almond etc. so i bought it a little reluctantly. I tried it out after using dark angel and really liked the way it smelled and i didnt find the almonds to be too abrasive. my only issue is that it doesnt go on very smooth so you have to use quite a bit to apply all over the face. i'm afraid i'll only get 3 or 4 more masks out of my container. i'm still not sure if i will buy it again, because i heard love lettuce was much better. i'll have to compare the two.