October 25, 2014 | 1810 users online

Fragrances - Prada - Prada EDP

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2007 8:48:00 AM More reviews by alias_feline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was at the fragrance section of a store when I was drawn to this amazing smell that literally made me stop in my tracks and follow my nose to this beweildering array of bottles. It was heady and delicious and warm and rich, and made my frgrance junkie self high. Believing it to be the Prada, I sprayed sme on my wrist, practically buzzing with anticipation. Big mistake. Prada smelled exactly like insecticide on me. Not even the nicely scented sort of insecticides. It smelled like the old-fashioned, pungent kind, like Mortein or Baygon, superpowered to kill cockroaches with a single spritz and lethal to the environment. Gagging, I swiped at my wrist ineffectively and was miserably, unconsciously rubbing my wrist against my jeans for the rest of the day. No issue with staying power there! It just doesn't work with my body chemistry. Ick.

Oh, and I never did find out what the amazing scent I caught was. Sigh. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2007 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Maryash79

Sighhh...After searching for YEARS to find a new signature scent, I feel like I found it. I adore this perfume, its grown up, mysterious, intoxicating, sensual makes my pluse points warm. However my DH is allergic to it...booohooo. For those of you who can, wear this fantastic scent!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2007 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Razordubs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WARNING - The atomiser on this perfume is faulty! Avoid it at all costs. It might be very pretty and simply designed but it just doesn't work. I've just lost my 2nd bottle of this fragrance and I doubt I'll buy it again. My first bottle leaked all over my suitcase, my fault, I didn't read the small print telling me not have the atomiser on the bottle when travelling (but who would read this???) The 2nd bottle was very temperemental, only spraying when it felt like it and then to my horror the whole bottle completely evaporated whilst sitting on my dresser. I'm so angered by this obvious design flaw. This fragrance should not be on the market without the bottle having been properly tested.

The fragrance itself is gorgeous once you get past the very heady, migrain causing, initial strength. When it dies down its really warm and feminine, with strong notes of vanilla. I highly recommend the scent, if you can catch any of it before it makes for the sky! :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2006 10:40:00 AM More reviews by cemjay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is the only fragrance i have worn that my SO keeps commenting on!! he says I smell "womanly" (as opposed to the sweet sugary stuff i had been dousing myself in!!)! it is a beautiful strong yet soft scent! it is longlasting and makes me feel great!

I wish i could describe the scent but if you like "grown up" scents and feminine scents then this is one to sample!

the bottle is modern but attractive and looks great on my dressing table!! i will have to buy more of this ;-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2006 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Itisred

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely adore this fragrance. This is everything I wanted "Angel" to be but sadly Angel becomes very sharp and chemically on my skin and changes beyond recognition! To me the two fragrances smell very similar and initially this put me off Prada but having tried a sample I found once on the skin Prada remained almost unchanged. It is warm and sensuous and as a huge lover of Patcholi (the predominate scent in Prada)it won me over. This is an evening perfume that makes me feel 'dressed up' I'd call it an occasion wear fragrance. Coupled with the body lotion (which also deserves 5 lippies!) You only need a little to smell wonderful. The scent is warm, lingering and very distinctive. The beautifully solid, minimalist glass bottle looks fabulous on any dressing table and is exactly what you'd expect from Prada - a design house which certainly delivers in both its packaging and fragrance. I wouldn't have worn this unless I'd loved it even if it is 'Prada' and couldn't have bought it just for the designer tag. I remain faithful to certain fragrances (Chanel Coco Mademoiselle, Chance and Clinique Aromatics Elixir) and rarely change so I'd say if you like any of these you'll like Prada. This blew me away and I can't imagine ever tiring of it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2006 5:02:00 PM More reviews by BohemianSheila

I've been on the hunt for a(n) HG scent. I wanted something deep and warm. I had a particular smell in mind and spent 20 minutes at the perfume counter smelling everything - when they bought this bottle and sprayed it on the card, I knew immediately that it was the scent I was searching for. It reminds me of the bottle of Guess that I wore while dating my husband, but more grown-up (like me). I feel very womanly when I wear this. I layered it with the body lotion that came with my gift set and the lasting power is ok. It's not spectacular, but it's not horrible either. I really want something that trails after me, but not in an obnoxious way - I don't know if this is it. BUT, I do love smelling myself when I wear this scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2006 10:37:00 PM More reviews by LizzieDahlin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

just swapped for this last month after using up several samples and realizing i needed to own it.. to my nose, this starts out as similar to Angel, but then warms to smell like a mixture of Angel and Obsession.. i like it, it lasts a good long while and everyone keeps telling me how nice i smell.. would purchase again, even though its on the expensive side

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2006 1:01:00 PM More reviews by nefferttitti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My godness, I so MUCH wanted to like this, but NO - this smells terrible on me - like some men´s after-shave! I have never felt more that I NEEEEEDED to wash it off, but there unfortunatelly wasn´t an opportunity :)) and so I found out that after 3 hours it started to smell better :) and you won´t believe me - but my 11 year old sister said it smelled wonderfull from very begining, she´s crazy!!! :))))))

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2006 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Vivaglam76

I love the smell, and would compare it to Angel, which I loved last year but seems overpowering this winter for me. I agree with the reviewers that say it loses it scent very quickly. I am not sure what to do, and might try layering it with a lotion if they have one. I love the smell, and am bummed when I cant smell anything on me within 2 hours!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2006 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Goddess_Dreams

Prada is terrific! Lasting power, at least on me is superbly remarkable. I feel glorious and uber-sexy, yet somehow powerful and so assertive when I wear this fragrance. I've received numerous compliments over the course of the year on it. Funny, I purchased my bottle on the first day of 2006: as if to mark it somehow as an assertive and glamorous year ahead of me, and that truly is the way my Prada always makes me feel. I'm looking forward to a new bottle soon ;). EDIT: Last night when hubby came home from work, he could not stop sniffing after me... he ended up burying his face under my hair and kept inhaling deeply. He loves it! Really, no one else needs to like it, we do ;).