July 28, 2014 | 1616 users online

Masks - LUSH - Catastrophe Cosmetic

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 2:08:00 AM More reviews by fuchsiascarf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite fresh face mask that lush offers. I have sensitive, dry skin that is prone to breakouts and this mask helps to calm the redness on my face without irritating it. It has a light fruity smell and dries quickly. When I wash the mask off my face, I find that a white residue remains, this may be the calamine in the mask. A quick rinse with a facewash easily removes the residue and leaves my skin soft. The mask is very cheap at roughly $6 and I usually get 5-6 uses out of the mask. Additionally, 5 empty, clean pots can be traded for another face mask. This is definitely something I always keep in my refrigerator.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by nalina82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is probably the best face mask that I have ever tried that hasn't included any alcohol or other harsh products. I have very oily skin which is super prone to blackheads and such. I took this guy out of the fridge and applied a moderate layer to the entirety of my face. There was only a slight scent to it, not unpleasant. More of a natural, fruity scent without the nauseating sweetness of artificial scents. The little pieces of blueberry stuck to my face was also quite amusing. I left the mask on for 20 minutes and then stepped into the shower to rinse it off. My face felt firm and smooth while scrubbing it off. After drying off and checking the results in the mirror, I found that it had very nearly cleared out all of my pores and blackheads with none of the stinging or harshness that may accompany so many other facial masks. There was what seemed like a powdery film on my face, but after applying moisturizer it was gone. As always, the packaging is wonderful and recyclable and is part of the LUSH recycle program for their pots. Great product!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Mebs786

I bought this as it was recommended by the SA at lush. I was going to get the sacred truth face mask but she said that this one was better for me as I have acne prone skin. Also it smells gorgeous! After using this mask my skin felt smooth and fresh. I really liked it. However the next morning I had a few breakouts. They soon cleared but when I next used it again the same happened.. Also this mask flakes off a lot as it is drying.. I won't be purchasing this one again as I have since tried the cupcake and the love lettuce masks which I am really liking..

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2011 3:20:00 AM More reviews by lovelypinktofu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I think this is one of the more tolerable smelling masks from Lush. I hate most of their masks smells (except love lettuce and cupcake, those smell fab) and this one's nice as well! Light and mild.
The periwinkle blue is so pretty and the mask is right consistency, not too paste-like and not to watery. The biggest downside is that it's quite messy- the blueberries fall off as it starts drying.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2011 9:11:00 PM More reviews by sarah1nicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This mask is so so. The Lush SA recommended this to me and said that it was the better smelling version of Cosmetic Warrior (my HG). I decided to try it and one of the only pro's was that it did smell fresh and fruity. The consistency of this mask was very strange. I opened it up and a ton of liquid spilled out and the rest of it was rather hard and thick feeling. I managed to mix the liquid into the thicker mixture and applied it. It dried rather fast, but was quick to flake off and fall everywhere. Complete mess! I removed the mask with water and my cleanser. It left this weird film on my face. So I washed again. The film was still there. I decided to let it sit on my face and try again in the morning, as to not further irritate my face. It kept my face matte all night, so I assume this mask would be awesome for someone with more oily skin who needs to keep the shine at bay. This did nothing for my acne but it didn't do any damage to my skin either. A pretty mediocre product overall.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2011 12:02:00 AM More reviews by piinkcheeks27

This is my second mask to try from LUSH. The first & so far my favorite is Cupcake! This one attracted me because of the blueberry concept & the smell. When applied, it gives off a very relaxing smell & the texture is great. Although I want to keep this on my face longer, it does tend to flake off & powder off really fast! It became annoying after a while =/ I dont find this mask to do anything really to my face, unlike the Cupcake one I saw instant results. Maybe I need to use up the whole tub? Idk, but I dont see myself repurchasing this anytime soon.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 7:49:00 PM More reviews by alt629

I was attracted to this one for the antioxidant element of the blueberries. It does smell quite nice, but when it sits in the little tub, fluid does tend to gather on top, so mix well before applying. I left on for 20 minutes and at times up to about an hour, and the result is pretty much the same each time. I feel like I am left with a film on my face that won't wash off. I also found this one very drying. I used it a couple times and never went back for it. I guess I'll end up just cleaning it out to recycle the pot. Nice concept, but in practice, I'll pass...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

I really like Catastrophe Cosmetic. It was my first Lush mask, and one I keep returning to. Unlike some others from Lush, it has a really pleasant, fresh scent due to the blueberries. It is very calming and relaxing. I have very clear, normal skin with a bit oily t-zone. This really mattifies my skin for days at a time, and leaves it refreshed and relaxed. I use this 1-2 times a week, but I always buy the small pots since they're easier for me to store in my tiny row-home fridge.

I first cleanse my skin and pat dry. I leave this on about 30 minutes, and then once it's dry, I massage 90% of it off over my bathroom sink (the big chunks and flakes and such), so all that's left behind is basically a fine powder. I then use my face cleanser, tone, and moisturize and my skin feels like a baby's! By keeping this in the fridge constantly, I have been able to use it well past its expiry, and it is still good as new!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2010 1:10:00 PM More reviews by MsEmilyPark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I paid $15.95 for this mask at my local Lush store. I wanted to try it after my skin had a bad reaction to the Nars Sheer Glow foundation. I saw a positive review for it on youtube by mayparis. It smells lightly of blueberries, has an greyish/light blue color. It's runnier on top and more viscous on the bottom so I would recommend mixing the mask before spreading a thin layer on your cleansed, dry face.

PROS: Use it if you want a soft, matte (powdery) finish on your face.

CONS: It didn't really do what I had expected it to do for my skin. I thought it would calm my skin, but the only thing it did was leave a powdery finish on my face. I think this was due to the calamine powder or talc.

I still have about 4-5 uses of this mask left. I will edit this review if anything changes, but as of right now... I do not think I will repurchase this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2010 2:38:00 AM More reviews by sandradi

This smells great but the results are questionable. I just used it and I noticed washing it off that it didn't feel smooth or slippery but instead it felt chalky. Then I dried my face and noticed what I thought was light colored mask still on the tip of my nose so I rinsed and wiped it. Then I realized my whole face looked dry and had a white powdery look to it. This mask really accentuated the dry skin on my nose and made it look much worse than normal. I will not be buying this again but maybe I would have liked it more if I had redness and oil that needed calming.