Bourjois Effet 3 D Lipgloss

4.1

C10-30 CHOLESTEROL/LANOSTEROL ESTERS, POLYBUTENE, OCTYLDODECANOL, DIISOSTEARYL MALATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, CERA MICROCRISTALLINA (MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX), CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, MICA, CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, SILICA, PROPYLPARABEN, CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), POLYETHYLENE TEREPHTHALATE, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), PEG-8, TOCOPHEROL, CI 15850 (RED 7 LAKE), ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, CI 15985 (YELLOW 6 LAKE), CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE), TIN OXIDE, CI 15850 (RED 6), CI 45410 (RED 28 LAKE), CI 17200 (RED 33 LAKE), ASCORBYL PALMITATE, ALUMINA, CI 75470 (CARMINE), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), ASCORBIC ACID, CITRIC ACID, CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE), CI 45410 (RED 27 LAKE) Updated as of January 7, 2011

I bought this in #23 and I really like it! Not sticky at all and it lasts a reasonable amount of time for a gloss. I would definitely buy more colours.

on 8/6/2007 10:35:00 AM

Its ok nothing special the colour in the pot looks nothing like the colour that goes on your lips and it is very sticky.

They have an even better one out now which is not sticky and is the colour it says it is (buy that one)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I adore the Bourjois Effet 3D Lipglosses and have several colors: Rose Doux (34), Beige Theoric (16), Rose Artic (15), Ambre (35).
I especially like the consistency and coverage of these glosses. They are between sheer and opaque. They deliver enough color to my lips to read as a colored lip product but with less intensity than a lipstick.
I like the mid-range shine on these as well. They are glossy without being super glossy shiny. As for texture, they are a bit thicker than other glosses, but I don't find them to be at all tacky or sticky. I get a few hours wear from each application, which is exactly the same as all my other glosses.
The scent, which is unique and very French, starts off strong but fades quickly. I don't mind the fragrance and actually kinda like that it's a bit different from the normal fruity scents.
I like all the colors I've picked up so far, but Ambre (35) is a peachy color that I seem to reach for again and again.
Bourjois does a lovely job of feeding my gloss habit and I do find that I wear every color I've got, which I can't say of all the glosses I own! I will not only repurchase colors I already own when they run out, but I'll also be back for new colors.

on 6/26/2007 9:08:00 PM

Ummm..the jury is still out for me on this one. I purchased it from Sephora a couple of months back in a peach/apricot color (don't have the exact name of the color as product is upstairs at the moment). I have a great eyeshadow by Boujois in the same color and after looking through a makeup book..I saw a 'look' that I wanted to try that included an apricot/peachy lipgloss. So I gave it a try...I find the gloss to be a bit goopy honestly. I have natural full lips so the 3D effect only enhanced what I already have..it didn't make them appear any larger...but I guess it 'sexed' them up a little...LOL...at least that is what my husband said. However, it wears off easily...a few sips of water and it's gone..... Save your money on this one...I don't think it's worth it.
I have purchased better glosses. I'm still looking for my HG of glosses......I can't wait to find it!

on 6/3/2007 12:47:00 PM

I love this...I have it in Rose Artic but I want more because all their colours are so pretty. It has just the right amount of shine and colour, and the texture isn't sticky at all.

on 5/28/2007 12:45:00 PM

Kind of goopy, but if you even out with a lip brush, it looks awesome.

on 5/23/2007 5:11:00 AM

I just recieved this gloss a few days ago in shade #3, Rose Idyllic. It's very sheer and adds just a hint of pink shimmer. I enjoy the sheerness because in my opinion it makes the gloss more compatible with different skin tones.
The shine is very glossy, yet it isn't sticky at all.
If you're the type of person that doesn't want half your hair embedded into your lip gloss, this is for you.

I will indeed be purchasing more of this gloss. So many of the colors are appealing. I hope I can control myself.
The price if the gloss is $15 USD at Sephora, but there are smaller "cellphone glosses."
They retail at $9 each and they look like a great way to try different shades without breaking the bank.

on 5/9/2007 6:12:00 AM

I loooooooove Bourjois lipglosses. Even when I try other brands, I always come back to Bourjois. They have a wide selection of colours, and really do plump up your lips and make them look more kissable!!

In general, I think Bourjois is one of the best cosmetic brands on the market. All their stuff is gorgeous. Excellent quality too. Bourjois makeup is my all time favourite!!!

If you like their lipglosses, you'll love their powder blushes too!! xx

on 5/6/2007 2:40:00 PM

I have to say that this is the only lip gloss I have ever used more than once. Most of them are way too thick and goopy for me and after one use, end up going back to the store or in the garbage. This one is a much lighter consistency and blends perfectly with lip liner. I never get that overly lined or separated look and my lips never feel tacky or sticky.

I use #4 Rose Emblematic and pair it with Sephora's lip pencil #110. The result is a soft and natural look. My lips don't look made up, but just very pretty. I am not one for heavy lip colors so this works fabulously for me. The price was a bit steep but after realizing how great it is, I would definitely buy it again.

on 5/2/2007 8:31:00 PM

Nice selection of colours, but the texture was so thin, it lasted such a short while and wouldn't withstand a few sips on a cup. The pigment was also not intense enough, giving the dreaded look of highlighting every crevice on my lips. After some time, the brush also became detached from the cap.

Recommended for Medium Skin