LUSH Cupcake Mask

3.6

Rhassoul Mud, Linseed Infusion, Glycerine, Talc, Cocoa Powder, Cocoa Butter, Fresh Mint, Sandalwood Oil, Vanilla Absolute, Spearmint Oil, Peppermint Oil, Perfume

on 2/18/2012 3:21:00 PM

I made sure to check out the reviews of this product on MUA before actually going out and buying it and I am so glad that I did!!!

I purchased a pot this morning and have tried it for the first time this evening. I applied it using the back of a cold spoon (I worry about bacteria as I have very oily, acne prone skin) and I am loving it so far.

The smell is gorgeous (I like it but others may not!) and my skin was left feeling super soft and shine free afterwards. The mask is relatively inexpensive to purchase at under 6 and I was told that if you take back 5 empty pots (must be clean) you will get a free face mask! Bonus :-)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this for breakout weeks! It smells like you should eat it and, as someone with mildly cystic acne and lost of black/white heads, this does WONDERS for my skin. I can't say enough good things about this. The only sad thing about all LUSH masks is that I never finish them before they expire. :(

on 2/13/2012 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I used this on monday. on tuesday I broke out. since then, I've had huge cysts. hate hate hate.

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I have on,y given this 2 llippies just for the smell of this. It's divine, considering I'm a chocoholic!!!
BUT that's all that's good to say about it. I have somewhat sensitive skin in that if something goes on my skin and it doesn't like it my skin breaks out. Well that's what happened after two uses of this! Won't repurchase ever! Lush is so hit and miss!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I never really got all the hype behind LUSH (everytime I walked past the store, it stunk sooo bad). But after buying this mask, I am a convert to their masks and face soaps!!!!!!! The mask has a heavenly chocolate smell. It is designed for "problem skin", i.e. oily, acne-prone. I have very oily skin that is prone to acne and irritation. This mask deep cleans my skin, calms my redness, and leaves my skin super-soft (not dried out). This is a fresh mask, so it needs to be kept in the refridgirator and used up in about 2 weeks. Since a little goes a long way, I can usually use this mask 3-4 per week to use up the whole product. The price is pretty reasonable ($7ish) compared to other LUSH skincare items, and what's even better is that with 5 empty mask pots, you get a free mask (which makes it an even better deal). If you have trouble-some skin, don't pass this mask up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

My favourite LUSH mask! Cupcake is aimed at oily, acne-prone skin, which is great for breakouts. It makes my skin less oily and evens out skin tone, by this I mean that it reduces the size of pimples and scarring. It also makes my skin really smooth and isn't too drying. Although, I dislike the fact that the mask doesn't exfoliate and it also takes quite a while to remove too because it's so thick.

on 12/28/2011 3:30:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This works great for my skin. The package describes it to be great for teenage skin as it helps reduce breakouts and controls oil. My face was left feeling soft and smooth. It has a great minty, chocolatey smell. With this product, a little really does go a long way. Be warned, this product needs to be kept refrigerated and the expiration date can come quick if not used often. Overall, great mask!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Doesn't work for me. Cocoa butter breaks you out. It made me break out. Too expensive for such little shelf life

on 12/25/2011 6:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Cupcake mask smells like mint chocolate and is aimed at teenagers with oily skin, aka people like me! Haha. This mask really did remove the excess oil from my skin, just like it promised. It also removed the redness and swelling from any spots I had and left my skin glowing. It was not overly drying and did not irritate my skin which can sometimes be sensitive. I love that the product is natural but I don't like the short shelf-life!! You only need a little to cover your face so when it goes off, you kind of feel like you're wasting the left-overs. The shelf life is the only reason for the -1 lippy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really love this product. It works wonders for my combo acne prone skin. It was about $7 and totally worth it. I use this 4 times a week, and leave it on for about 10 minutes each time I use it. I know some people love the scent and some people hate it, to me it just smells like choclate cupcake batter witch I don`t mind. It has a few tiny expolating beads in it so it always leaves my skin super soft. If I have a break out and I use this the blemish will be gone within 2 days! It also reduces redness witch I have alot of. This dried out my blemishes but moisturized my skin so well. the olny things that I did not like about this face mask was you have to keep it in the fridge because it has lots of fresh ingredients. It also expires quickly to, it has an expirey date on the bottom of the container and usally it expires 2 weeks after I purchase it witch is why I use it so often. Overall I love this product and I would reccomend it to anyone with acne prone skin and redness. I would defantily repurchase this product! Thanks for reading and I hope this helps!

Popular Masks