April 19, 2014 | 1083 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cupcake Mask

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

The only good ingredients in this, rhassoul clay and cocoa powder, can be purchased MUCH cheaper than this and mixed as needed at home. I actually do this mask myself at home and it cost me about 12$ for more than a year's supply of clay and cocoa powder (organic). You can add cocoa butter too if you want, but it's not a good idea if you have even mildly acne prone skin as cocoa butter is about as comedogenic as it gets. I like to throw some jojoba oil in my mask too, or a bit of raw honey, if I want some additional moisture. The mint oils in this are unnecessary and actually do more harm than good as menthol is actually a skin IRRITANT.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by LadyNicc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Mmmm yummy face mask! It looks and smells of pure chocolate, so good you want to just eat it! And I have to be careful putting it in the fridge just in case someone does! Makes my face nice and soft. The fact that it has an expiry date is the downside but I want to state this stuff lasts MUCH longer than the suggested expiry date. Ive had mine forever and its still the same consistency and scent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 8:04:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

I bought this a couple of times back when i had acne. Did not help much beyond mild smoothing that you can get with any mask. One star for that and two for the smell! Also it would give me fresh pimples... At least one... Every time i used it :(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by bernb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am a Lush face mask junkie – and Cupcake is my favourite!
I have been using Cupcake for about six months now. I always make sure I have a pot in the fridge.
It is designed for ‘problem skin’ – I have my acne pretty much under control at the moment (hormonal due to PCOS) but I also suffer from rosacea. Cupcake is soothing, non-drying and takes all the redness out of my face – my skin is so calm after using Cupcake! I personally like to use it before a night out to completely calm my skin before doing a full face of makeup. It does seem to help with oiliness, but not a great deal. After Cupcake, my skin is just relaxed, happy, even toned, soft and smooth.
The smell is divine – chocolate minty goodness!
Unfortunately I cannot comment on Cupcake’s ability to help clear pimples and outbreaks, as I have never used it on active acne. However, my skin does stay unclogged for a few days after using it (sebaceous filaments on nose, slightly clogged T zone).
I slather on a thick layer and leave it on for about 20 to 30 minutes. I recommend washing it off in the shower as it can get quite messy.
I also make sure I thoroughly cleanse my face afterwards so nothing is left behind.
Some people have commented that Cupcake can be drying if left on too long – I personally have not had this problem, but please, keep this in mind – everyone’s skin is unique. I started off with the recommended time of ten minutes to start with, and then built up from there as I noticed my skin did not dry out from Cupcake. But some people’s skin will dry out from this mask if it is left on too long.
Lush Cupcake is $15.95 AUD – I think that is fairly reasonable considering the price of face masks here in general (drugstore starts at around $10 a tube/pot for the cheap nasty stuff). Lush also have their excellent rewards system where you get a free face mask for returning five black pots.
My other favourite Lush fresh mask is Catastrophe Cosmetic, but Cupcake is definitely my number 1.
Everyone’s skin is different, but I highly recommend giving Cupcake a go.
I will continue to buy Cupcake for as long as it exists!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by WhiteAsSnow

I ADORE this mask. Genuinely. I first tried it about a month ago when my skin was going through probably the worst bout of acne I've ever had. I had VERY visible, sore, red pimples, pustules and other forms of spot on my face in the region of around 15-20 mainly on my chin, nose and forehead. I only get truly terrible breakouts about two or three times a year, but I got this one after a medium bout of breakouts whose scars hadn't quite healed yet. Suffice to say i looked awful. I went into a lush store to buy presents for some friends, and ended up buying cupcake because i had pretty much tried everything. I put this on every night for a week and the terrible spots, which normally take at least two weeks to get down to only flat red scars, cleared up entirely. I still had the usual acne scars that come after a severe breakout, and i treated those in my own way, but cupcake undoubtedly helped and i will be buying again, though I would normally only need it two to three times a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by drewthomsen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

THE BOMB MASK. Smells like wet brownie mix and dead roses and my family makes fun of me when I wear it around the house but I really don't care because it controls oil, clears blemishes, and leaves my skin looking great with no irritation. For what it does I would say the price is also extremely reasonable compared to other masks. I love Lush masks and this one is probably the best one. I wish I could get a huge pot that would last longer than a week or two, but they go bad. I've gone through tons of these.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by roscoe22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the way this mask smells...just like chocolate with a hint of mint to make the perfect combination. This is my first time using a mask of any kind and I have to say I love using it. I put it on every night and once I wash it off my skin feels amazing, not oily at all. Granted in the morning it is oily again but that is to be expected. I can say I have had less blemishes while using this product. Overall a great buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by radiantflux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One of the sales associates gave me a sample last time I was in the store and about a week later I had to go back and buy a full pot of this. A sample really was about two masks for me, I try not to put on masks too thick because I think it is really wasteful. However, this stuff is amazing I would put it everywhere if I could! It smells amazing, and definitely tightens up my skin and makes my pores smaller. I can't claim it has made my skin less oily, but it definitely makes my skin look younger and more refined. I unfortunately have horrible hormonal acne once a month, and it didn't help much with that- but the rest of the month I saw cleaner clearer skin!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2011 8:23:00 AM More reviews by solongmarianne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mask has done nothing but taking the excessive oil from my skin, which is not quiet everlasting, my skin got back to it's normal oiliness 2 hours later. The mask smells good but is not up to much good

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by wildchild1018

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I can't say enough good things about lush products!
I'm so obsessed with this mask, i get really bad breakouts around my period and this mask has worked wonders. It really makes even my worst pimples less noticeable and makes all the redness that comes with those nasty breakouts vanish completely.
Highly recommend this to anyone with acne prone skin :)