Philosophy Help Me

3.9

Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Emulsfying Wax, Glycerin, C10-30 Cholesterol / Lanosterol Esters, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Benzyl Alcohol, Cyclomethicone, Retinol , Tocopherol Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Methyl Methacrylate/ Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Peg-10 Soy Sterol, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Methylparaben, Triethanolamine, Disodium Edta, Bisabolol, Bht, Polysorbate 20, Propyl Gallate, Ascorbic Acid.

on 12/27/2009 3:46:00 PM

PROS: Has the added oily texture to help those who really dry out with retinol.

CONS: This is no where near strong enough for me. According to someone else posting, help me only has a .15% retinol percentage. Tube is hard to get the last of it out too. Left me quite oily and congested.

ALTERNATES: Most people here like "Save Me" better. I love Paula's Choice Resist retinol serum for no clogging of my pores, no irritation to my sensitive skin, and great results in less depth for my wrinkles.

on 10/15/2009 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The first 2 days I used this, I was so pleased with the product! My face seemed smoother and I had no breakouts. But by the end of the week my face was dry and flaking all over. I used moisturizer (hope in a jar) every night over it. I also use moisturizer with spf every morning before I put make up on. I had really high hopes for this, especially for my acne scars. I haven't used it for about 3 days now hoping to stop the dryness. It's getting better, but I'm going to wait a couple days before I start using it again. Then I'll be using it every other day. I'll update if I see any differences!

on 10/12/2009 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I will never, ever be without this product! It's my HG of face creams. I have been using for 7 months and the turnaround my skin has seen is nothing short of incredible. I have very pale, sensitive skin, and this has never irritated it. It fades acne scars, red marks, everything! It keeps my pores clean, and it keeps the fine lines away.

on 9/29/2009 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a product that makes me wish you could give half stars as well as a "maybe" in purchasing again, as I'm still not sure. Help Me is pricey, and while I've seen some improvement in my face, it's been minimal. It's not that I necessarily thought I'd get an overnight change but I haven't seen that much in the reduction of clogged pores and fine lines. I bought the whole "Make-up Optional" line, and none of it has performed that well. I'm willing to stick it out for another few weeks -- I'm only starting week three of the product -- but right now, it's not getting good marks. I'm still experiencing break-outs, and the lines really haven't diminished. At this point, I'm looking for a mask that might help more. Part of me wants to get the MicroDelivery product from Philosophy, but I also don't want to just purchase another item that isn't going to do anything.

on 9/13/2009 11:47:00 PM

I'm in my mid 20s and wanted something for wrinkle protection. This cream is fantastic. Initially there was a bit of redness and a few spots (so minor I'm the only person who noticed) but now, if I don't put it on the night before, I can tell that my skin a saggier and frown lines show up more.

Basically this cream is strong, good value for money, and makes your skin look smooth as a baby's bum.

on 8/30/2009 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

**My Skin/Needs**I'm 25, and my skin is oily/very oily in the t-zone, sensitive, and somewhat acne prone. I have very few fine lines (mainly under my eyes) and no wrinkles. I'm looking for anti-aging products with proven ingredients that will prevent wrinkles, make my skin look brighter/more youthful, hydrate my skin without adding oil or clogging my pores, protect and heal my skin from the damage from free radicals, and also, refine my pores making my skin appear smoother. **Review**After using this product for the past 2 to 3 days in the evening before I go to bed, I can see a tremendous difference in the firmness, hydration, smoothness, and brightness of my skin. The product has a very silky, smooth feel and is very soothing and hydrating to my skin. Although I have sensitive and oily skin, this product has not irritated my skin at all and it did not feel greasy or heavy on my skin. I put about a quarter size amount, at most, on my face every evening. Then I place my benzoyl peroxide treatment over this product to keep my skin clear. I have had zero breakouts from the product. I wake up with smooth, clear, refined, and firm skin. My skin looks and feels so renewed, fresh, and appears airbrushed. I would definitely recommend the product for its ability to dramatically smooth, firm, and refine the skin. I also recommend using the Booster Caps and/or Booster Serum with this product in the evening. I will update my review in 4 to 6 weeks.
****Update....Excellent product. My skin is more refined and much softer and more even toned as a result of using this product nightly. I've been using this product on my face and also my chest and neck, at times, for almost one month in the p.m.. I place benzoyl peroxide on top of the product so that I won't break out. Using this method, I have had practically zero breakouts and I wake up with beautiful, smooth skin that is neither oily nor dry, but balanced. I highly recommend this product for all skin types. If you have oily, acne prone skin I would recommend using a benzoyl peroxide gel on top of this product. I will definitely purchase this product again and again. It's excellent skincare with real results. My skin looks and feels younger, smoother, and brighter!

on 8/28/2009 2:41:00 PM

Overall, it's a good product. It isn't scrape your face off strong, but its still strong enough to actually do something. Unfortunately, my skin is very sensative, and it ended up making my acne worse in some areas. I ended up giving it to a friend, and she's thrilled with the results. It just didn't work for me.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I absolutely love this stuff. I see a major improvement with my post acne marks!!!

on 8/14/2009 11:33:00 PM

I love this product. I have been using it for about two weeks, started out with a sample to make sure my sensitive skin didn't react poorly...and just purchased the 1 oz tube this week at macys.

my skin is looking so much better. its helping with clearing my pores, as well as the overall appearance of my skin (helping to shrink pores, even skintone, etc)

the one thing i must say is that my skin has gotten a little dryer since using this product, however, i do have oily skin to begin with so this isn't a huge detriment. i have just started also using the when hope is not enough replenishing oil if my skin feels super dry, which i've had for awhile but not really felt the need to use. that plus my daywear have worked together great to keep my skin feeling super soft.

on 8/9/2009 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Worth every penny! I too am sensitive to retinols, even Rx from the dermatologist. This works great on my oily, sensitive, acne-prone mid-30s skin. No peeling, so redness, no stinging. I've used almost nightly for about 3 mos., but noticed a change in smoothness and evenness after 1 week. Still looking good, with very few (and much smaller) breakouts, when ever I do have them. Great product. One of Philosophy's best!

Popular Face Skincare Products