July 23, 2014 | 1878 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Instant Cuticle Remover

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by kawanii

I've never cared for my nails until the past year when my interests for nail polish flourished and I started doing manicures for myself. This remover was recommended on a youtube video and not caring much for the price, since Sally Hansen was a reputable brand, I bought it home and tried it immediately. After using it and pushing my cuticles back with a cuticle stick, my cuticles and nails looked better than ever. My lack of skill make my cuticles have remains of the skin still on my nails, but it didn't bother me because after washing and using a nail brush to clean, they weren't there anymore. I definitely will try other brands or ways of removing cuticles, but I will come back to this one if fates choose, and a tiny squeeze bottle like that lasts you quite a while!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

I've been using SH Instant Cuticle Remover for many years. I've tried other cuticle removers but nothing works as good as this one. My cuticles grow fast and are so thick and rough that I need to use this 2x a week to make them smooth. Because this works fast, only work on one hand at a time. I squirt the remover on each finger and wait about 30 seconds before removing with a metal cuticle pusher. The cuticle comes right off. This will burn if you have hangnails and cut wonded cuticles. After removing cuticles, I wash my hands good in warm soapy water.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by fourfootnine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just wanted to say, I love this product!
I was never really the type to pay much attention to my hands, so when I decided to start, this was the first product I picked up (I first heard about it from YouTube's MakeupByTiffanyD). It says that you only have to wait 15 seconds before you start pushing them back, and it really does work that quick. I didn't have to work hard to shape/remove my cuticles and I didn't have to clip anything afterward, they were completely gone! You don't even need a lot, a very thin layer is all you need, so the bottle will definitely last you a LONG time, and it's cheap too, so that's a great deal. I'll definitely be repurchasing this - but not for a while, I won't need to :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2010 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Janay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first cuticle remover I have purchased, and I did so after reading the reviews here. I took the advice of others and left it on a good 60 seconds or so and was pleased with the results. 15 seconds would not have been long enough to do the job, so I deducted one lippie for it not working as fast as the package claims. But I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2010 10:11:00 PM More reviews by tailea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This did absolutely nothing for me. I'm trying to find an alternative to cutting my cuticles, and this is obviously not the alternative. *SIGH*

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 10:37:00 AM More reviews by LilacShine9

I had read the high reviews here about this cuticle remover so I purchased it. I have pretty stubborn cuticles & this worked ok, but not that good & it wash harsh; made my skin burn badly. Id rather use something that is way better performing & gentle.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2010 7:56:00 PM More reviews by rezdechausee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Green

works well but I kept it on considerably longer than the recommended 15 seconds (yeah right)...most importantly, it truly does the job, and that's always a good thing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2010 4:33:00 AM More reviews by gandydancer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm pretty diligent about my cuticles, so maybe they weren't in bad enough shape for me to see much effect from this product. I gave my nails a one-minute soak in warm, soapy water -- I've always heard soaking too long weakens the nails -- then did the first hand completely before moving on. The directions say to leave it on for 15 seconds, but it was probably closer to 30 seconds. Then I used an orange stick to push back the cuticles, rinsed under warm water (rubbing gently) and then back into the soapy water, briefly, as directed.

And the result? The difference, if any, is so subtle only a before and after picture might show it. I'll give it a try on my toes but won't buy this again. The old-fashioned way works for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow, this stuff actually works! I bought it because of the reviews here and I was tired of cutting my cuticles and having them get sore. This gel was about $5 at the drug store and it really does dissolve cuticles. I would follow the directions and definitely not leave it on for more than a minute - I left it on about that long the first time I used it and it almost worked too well - the skin around my nails was a bit sore. So it can be a little harsh if you leave it on too long. Other than that, great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by adored88

I've been using this for a while now, one bottle lasts quite a while! This product actually does work! I've tried many other cuticle removers before this and I used to use those cuticle cutter instruments. The other potions never worked and the cuticle cutters would leave my cuticle edge a bit jagged/ragged looking. I bought this on a whim and was so pleasantly surprised! I push back my cuticles then put this on, then wait a few seconds and use an orange stick to scrap off the cuticle. Leaves my nails and hand looking very neat! I recommend this product!