September 15, 2014 | 1822 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Instant Cuticle Remover

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by gorhamd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm on the fence about this one. It is very easy to use, but it dries out my cuticles! Periodically I'll take it out of the drawer and use it, hoping that it will work. My cuticles look better right after I use it, but about an hour later they're dry and ragged. I've even tried putting a very thick hand cream on right after use, and it doesn't help. I have better results by just pushing my cuticles back after washing my hands, then putting on hand cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Jayne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Just love this product. It's always been a struggle keeping my cuticles in check & without damaging the nailbed thanks to super soft nails. This is the first & only product to facilitate pushing back the cuticle with ease and no need for any force at all. If you have soft or very sensitive or easily damaged nailbeds/cuticle area give this a try, you won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by JStringberg

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of the best cuticle products on the market and I've used many different ones prior to this one. Easy to use as you simply squirt a little around the entire outer nail and let it remain for a bit longer than the 15 seconds recommended before using an orange stick to gently push back cuticles. The product softens cuticles so pushing them back is easy and it also manages to keep the user from having to ever think about scissors or clippers so it doesn't get much easier than that. Perfectly priced at any drugstore, this is a definite must have for anyone who cares about their cuticles as we know that rough and dry ones are not fun to have. I use this product 2 or 3 times a week and then finish off with a cuticle leave on cream before bed, and I will always have this in my collection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by kawanii

I've never cared for my nails until the past year when my interests for nail polish flourished and I started doing manicures for myself. This remover was recommended on a youtube video and not caring much for the price, since Sally Hansen was a reputable brand, I bought it home and tried it immediately. After using it and pushing my cuticles back with a cuticle stick, my cuticles and nails looked better than ever. My lack of skill make my cuticles have remains of the skin still on my nails, but it didn't bother me because after washing and using a nail brush to clean, they weren't there anymore. I definitely will try other brands or ways of removing cuticles, but I will come back to this one if fates choose, and a tiny squeeze bottle like that lasts you quite a while!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

I've been using SH Instant Cuticle Remover for many years. I've tried other cuticle removers but nothing works as good as this one. My cuticles grow fast and are so thick and rough that I need to use this 2x a week to make them smooth. Because this works fast, only work on one hand at a time. I squirt the remover on each finger and wait about 30 seconds before removing with a metal cuticle pusher. The cuticle comes right off. This will burn if you have hangnails and cut wonded cuticles. After removing cuticles, I wash my hands good in warm soapy water.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by fourfootnine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just wanted to say, I love this product!
I was never really the type to pay much attention to my hands, so when I decided to start, this was the first product I picked up (I first heard about it from YouTube's MakeupByTiffanyD). It says that you only have to wait 15 seconds before you start pushing them back, and it really does work that quick. I didn't have to work hard to shape/remove my cuticles and I didn't have to clip anything afterward, they were completely gone! You don't even need a lot, a very thin layer is all you need, so the bottle will definitely last you a LONG time, and it's cheap too, so that's a great deal. I'll definitely be repurchasing this - but not for a while, I won't need to :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2010 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Janay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first cuticle remover I have purchased, and I did so after reading the reviews here. I took the advice of others and left it on a good 60 seconds or so and was pleased with the results. 15 seconds would not have been long enough to do the job, so I deducted one lippie for it not working as fast as the package claims. But I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2010 10:11:00 PM More reviews by tailea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This did absolutely nothing for me. I'm trying to find an alternative to cutting my cuticles, and this is obviously not the alternative. *SIGH*

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 10:37:00 AM More reviews by LilacShine9

I had read the high reviews here about this cuticle remover so I purchased it. I have pretty stubborn cuticles & this worked ok, but not that good & it wash harsh; made my skin burn badly. Id rather use something that is way better performing & gentle.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2010 7:56:00 PM More reviews by rezdechausee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Green

works well but I kept it on considerably longer than the recommended 15 seconds (yeah right)...most importantly, it truly does the job, and that's always a good thing.