April 19, 2014 | 1608 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Enhancers Trio - Shimmering Sands

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by albs

This trio is OK but the pigmentation leaves something to be desired. It's good to use for an easy neutral eye and the shades are quite nice but I won't be repurchasing. I will use it up, however. If you're not looking for a dramatic trio and you like shimmer you will probably enjoy this trio. It was cheap so I don't regret picking this up.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by jennatha143

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

The Covergirl Eye Enhancers Shimmering Sands Trio is amazing! I really do not like shimmery stuff at all , I buy mostly matte products but when I saw Macbarbie07 on youtube talk about it I HAD TO GET IT! I loved it at first use. It has a all over lid color, crease, and highlight, blended together they make any eye color pop, I have confusing eyes, They are sometimes full gray other days blue gray and sometimes bright green also gray green and it works for all the colors my eyes turn , and I think it would make brown eyes Pop. I honestly love this eye shadow. I take it with me when i go to friends as my only eye make up besides liners and mascaras because its easy but pretty. I get a lot of compliments on it too. I would rebuy everytime i run out. I love it!
-side note-
I've noticed on here people reviewed this and said it was to shimmering.. uh the name of the Trio has the word shimmer in it so i would expect it to be freakin shimmering .. thats just common sense.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by cleogirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Way, way too shimmery - too bad one of the dark colors were not matte -I like the quad for hazel eyes much, much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2011 12:15:00 PM More reviews by EmilyCronex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product its perfect for someone who doesn't want a dramatic eye look but still wants to wear eyeshadow. True to its name, this palette is very shimmery so if you prefer matte eyeshadow's I would stay away from this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by cherrybaby240

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is really truly a palette that any natural eyeshadow lover must own. I love drugstore makeup, i could say almost half of my makeup routine involves drugstore products. If someone told me I could I only use one drugstore product of the rest of my life, I would say this trio in a heartbeat. This is a palette that a 12 year old girl who's just getting into makeup can use or a 30-45 career woman can wear and love. It will bring out any eye color and go with any skin tone or outfit. It can be worn with any color lip or eyeliner as well. I am speechless when it comes to this trio because in all honesty all other products with the exception of lash blast by cover girl suck. These shadows blend well, last all day over a primer and most importantly have a similar pigmentation to my mac and urban shadows. These colors are gorgeous and so versatile, i even use the light shimmery pink color as a facial highlight, occasionally. I have purchased this for almost all my friends and they love it just as much as i do. Im serious, GO..RUN to the drugstore and buy this, i promise you wont regret it!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by iheartclothes

This is my everyday eyeshadow. It's subtle and looks great with a little eyeliner and mascara. I don't use the whole trio. I think the lighest color is just too shimmery so I don't use it. But the other 2 colors are so great that I would buy the trio again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by ariannalynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a no brainer trio for everyday. It would match pretty much any outfit. The colors are pigmented, but not so much that they can be overdone. It creates a nice subtle look for me. I like to use this trio with a little black eyeliner and mascara for school because it's so natural, but I also think it'd be good if you were going for neutral summer makeup. This is definitely a quad that I would call a great staple for any collection.
The only complaints are the packaging (really, it's kind of sad. my lid feels like it's going to break off and I just got it not that long ago. It's also a bit boring) and the fact that I wish there was a bit more of a difference between the colors. It does make it easy to use, but I wish the crease color was a little darker so I could get a bit more definiton

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Sirius

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recalled the name of this palette while in the cosmetics aisle at wally world. However, I was put off that it was CoverGirl given my lack of success with their shadows in the past. It was cheap so I figured, why not?
WOW! The shadow is silky and blends easily. The perfect cool neutrals for my NW15 complexion. PERFECT for work/everyday. I agree that using all three shadows may be a bit too much shimmer for some; in general it's good to add a matte shadow into the mix to keep the look "dimensional."
The packaging is sturdy. A winner! Continue to photo...

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by charisek

I cannot say enough good things about this product! I've been using it for years, and so have my mother and two sisters. We all love it. The colors are so beautiful, and you can wear it every blessed day. I even like the CG sponge applicators. And as long as you use a primer underneath the shadow, it won't crease. Buy it! You won't be disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by avazq8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

UPDATE (Sept. 2011)
Okay, so I didn't give this enough of a chance. Apparently it gets better once you scratch the surface of the shadows a bit. I can now use the middle color as my overall lid color, and use the darkest shade in my crease. If I still want more of a defined outer V, I use the brown shade in my ELF Eyebrow kit in Medium (yes, the setting powder!). Works nicely and tones down the shimmer a bit. The white/pink frost is way too scary for my skin tone and I just feel weird when I use it, so that's sitting unused in my trio.

This is my go-to palette when I'm feeling lazy but still want to look like I put a small effort into looking presentable and awake. Will I repurchase? Maybe...
***
Sorry to rain on the parade of praise given to this trio, but I don't like it. The lightest shade is much too frosty to use as a highlight and I find it looks unnatural on me when I put it in the inner corners of my eyes.

Although some of you have mentioned using that light shade as a highlight, I have no desire to do that since I've already got a terrific highlighter.

The middle and (supposedly) darkest shades show up looking virtually identical on my skin. There is no difference at all, and I've played around with this trio often to see if maybe I can get either of these to work, but it's all been in vain. There is no contrast between the two on me, so there's no defined crease, much less any look of an outer V. I've tried different brushes; I've tried the applicators and haven't come up with anything I like.

If I pile on too much of either the middle shade or the darker one, it just looks like shimmering mud on my eyelids, and using it with a primer has no bearing on the outcome.