Cover Girl Eye Enhancers Trio - Shimmering Sands

4.3

on 10/9/2011 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I'm usually not a fan of shimmery eye shadows but I really like this trio! I like this e/s can be worn at work, at lunch, going out shopping, or basically any day.

There's only three eye shadows in this so it's not that hard to mess up. But i find the lightest color to be a bit too frosty/light for my likings. So I mainly use the other two, the middle color in the inner half corner and the darkest in my crease/the outer half corner.

I find the staying power to last a while, and with a primer it's even better.

on 10/2/2011 12:47:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really love this. It's the perfect everyday eyeshadow for me, and I've gotten a lot of compliments whenever I've worn it recently. It makes me feel pretty without feeling overly done, and I think the colours work together beautifully.

Here is a tutorial that I did on my youtube channel showing how I like to use them!

on 9/4/2011 11:00:00 AM

I have used this trio since high school, and must say I still love it! I have tried other brands just to experiment, but for the price and pigmentation it is more than worth it. I will say it is VERY shimmery, as long as that is the look I am going for then I am in a good place!

on 8/30/2011 3:35:00 AM

This is a great little trio! Three neutral colors that work well together, and apply easily. The two lighter shades are (as previously mentioned by other reviewers) a bit more shimmery than I would would have liked, but for the price this product is fantastic! The shadows are very similar to some of my urban decay colors. Though obviously not quite as velvety and pigmented, they are a quarter of the price, so they can't be beat!

on 8/26/2011 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I brought this a long time ago (when it was raved alot by some of the YouTube beauty guru's) but never really used it that much. I like the shades in the pan (three very wearable neutral colours), but they don't apply so well on me. The lightest shade (far right) I found to be the worst. The texture is very crumbly and has a frosty sheen that I can't seem to wear too well. The middle shade is slightly better, probably a bit too sheer for my liking which is why I prefer it for a highlight colour instead. The darkest shade (far left) is the most pigmented out of the three and shows up the best on my NC30 skintone. It's the most firmly pressed shadow out of the three and I don't get as much fallout with that particular shade. Overall, not too bad for the price and is much better than a previous palette I tried out from them.

on 8/15/2011 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I guess this is some kind of a cult classic or something. I have used this off and on for years. The price is right and you can create soft, pretty looks with it. It is also easy to throw in a bag to travel with. .

I rated 4 stars instead of 5 because it might be too warm for cool toned girls. I like Cafe au Lait better with my cool coloring.

These Cover Girl palettes are perfect for teens just starting out with makeup. The colors are soft and pretty and the price is pretty much dirt cheap.

on 7/26/2011 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is my go to every morning when I don't have time to really do my eyes. The 3 colors go well together for an easy day look. The peach color looks great on the inner corners and on the brow, and all 3 colors blend easily together. The middle taupe color is a great over the lid wash. I'd definitely buy this again!

on 7/13/2011 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I have a bazillion different little eyeshadow duos, trios, etc. I just love eyeshadow in general so whenever I go to our local dollar store I always have to swing through the makeup and see what's new that they have in. I saw this along with another of these CG trios and got them both. I really like the neutrals colors and they are perfect for a light summer look. They're not too heavy but not too light. I do have to agree that I wish the tops were flat and less rounded as I have a bunch of these CG little eye shadows and I have them all stacked up in my box of eye makeup but they fall over if I don't have anything beside it.
And I also have to agree with jennatha143, it says 'shimmer' in the name so why complain about them being shimmery? Duh. Haha! Doesn't matter to me..I love shimmer! I don't know that I would go out of my way to run out and buy another if I were to run out but if I did and happened to see it again, I would pick it back up.

on 7/13/2011 8:08:00 PM

I watched a few tutorial videos on youtube to see how others used this eyeshadow trio. For summer, this is nice. I'm not big on the shimmer, but a light application is fine here. Neutral colors go well with summer coloring! It would help if the case top was flat, for easier stacking storage. Kind of expensive at CVS $5.99.

on 6/26/2011 11:50:00 PM

This trio is OK but the pigmentation leaves something to be desired. It's good to use for an easy neutral eye and the shades are quite nice but I won't be repurchasing. I will use it up, however. If you're not looking for a dramatic trio and you like shimmer you will probably enjoy this trio. It was cheap so I don't regret picking this up.

Video Reviews & Tutorials