November 22, 2014 | 1676 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Enhancers Trio - Shimmering Sands

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by urbankiwiii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my go to every morning when I don't have time to really do my eyes. The 3 colors go well together for an easy day look. The peach color looks great on the inner corners and on the brow, and all 3 colors blend easily together. The middle taupe color is a great over the lid wash. I'd definitely buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by JACsMama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a bazillion different little eyeshadow duos, trios, etc. I just love eyeshadow in general so whenever I go to our local dollar store I always have to swing through the makeup and see what's new that they have in. I saw this along with another of these CG trios and got them both. I really like the neutrals colors and they are perfect for a light summer look. They're not too heavy but not too light. I do have to agree that I wish the tops were flat and less rounded as I have a bunch of these CG little eye shadows and I have them all stacked up in my box of eye makeup but they fall over if I don't have anything beside it.
And I also have to agree with jennatha143, it says 'shimmer' in the name so why complain about them being shimmery? Duh. Haha! Doesn't matter to me..I love shimmer! I don't know that I would go out of my way to run out and buy another if I were to run out but if I did and happened to see it again, I would pick it back up.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by mighttango

I watched a few tutorial videos on youtube to see how others used this eyeshadow trio. For summer, this is nice. I'm not big on the shimmer, but a light application is fine here. Neutral colors go well with summer coloring! It would help if the case top was flat, for easier stacking storage. Kind of expensive at CVS $5.99.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by albs

This trio is OK but the pigmentation leaves something to be desired. It's good to use for an easy neutral eye and the shades are quite nice but I won't be repurchasing. I will use it up, however. If you're not looking for a dramatic trio and you like shimmer you will probably enjoy this trio. It was cheap so I don't regret picking this up.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by jennatha143

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

The Covergirl Eye Enhancers Shimmering Sands Trio is amazing! I really do not like shimmery stuff at all , I buy mostly matte products but when I saw Macbarbie07 on youtube talk about it I HAD TO GET IT! I loved it at first use. It has a all over lid color, crease, and highlight, blended together they make any eye color pop, I have confusing eyes, They are sometimes full gray other days blue gray and sometimes bright green also gray green and it works for all the colors my eyes turn , and I think it would make brown eyes Pop. I honestly love this eye shadow. I take it with me when i go to friends as my only eye make up besides liners and mascaras because its easy but pretty. I get a lot of compliments on it too. I would rebuy everytime i run out. I love it!
-side note-
I've noticed on here people reviewed this and said it was to shimmering.. uh the name of the Trio has the word shimmer in it so i would expect it to be freakin shimmering .. thats just common sense.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by cleogirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Way, way too shimmery - too bad one of the dark colors were not matte -I like the quad for hazel eyes much, much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2011 12:15:00 PM More reviews by EmilyCronex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product its perfect for someone who doesn't want a dramatic eye look but still wants to wear eyeshadow. True to its name, this palette is very shimmery so if you prefer matte eyeshadow's I would stay away from this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by cherrybaby240

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is really truly a palette that any natural eyeshadow lover must own. I love drugstore makeup, i could say almost half of my makeup routine involves drugstore products. If someone told me I could I only use one drugstore product of the rest of my life, I would say this trio in a heartbeat. This is a palette that a 12 year old girl who's just getting into makeup can use or a 30-45 career woman can wear and love. It will bring out any eye color and go with any skin tone or outfit. It can be worn with any color lip or eyeliner as well. I am speechless when it comes to this trio because in all honesty all other products with the exception of lash blast by cover girl suck. These shadows blend well, last all day over a primer and most importantly have a similar pigmentation to my mac and urban shadows. These colors are gorgeous and so versatile, i even use the light shimmery pink color as a facial highlight, occasionally. I have purchased this for almost all my friends and they love it just as much as i do. Im serious, GO..RUN to the drugstore and buy this, i promise you wont regret it!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by iheartclothes

This is my everyday eyeshadow. It's subtle and looks great with a little eyeliner and mascara. I don't use the whole trio. I think the lighest color is just too shimmery so I don't use it. But the other 2 colors are so great that I would buy the trio again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by ariannalynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a no brainer trio for everyday. It would match pretty much any outfit. The colors are pigmented, but not so much that they can be overdone. It creates a nice subtle look for me. I like to use this trio with a little black eyeliner and mascara for school because it's so natural, but I also think it'd be good if you were going for neutral summer makeup. This is definitely a quad that I would call a great staple for any collection.
The only complaints are the packaging (really, it's kind of sad. my lid feels like it's going to break off and I just got it not that long ago. It's also a bit boring) and the fact that I wish there was a bit more of a difference between the colors. It does make it easy to use, but I wish the crease color was a little darker so I could get a bit more definiton