July 31, 2014 | 1939 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Veluxe - Beauty Marked

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Kittysaurus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Beauty Marked is alright, but unfortunately I got my hopes up for it to be amazing, as it's absolutely beautiful in the pan, but when I started using it I was like; 'Where's all the color??'. I still use it on certain looks like a purple smokey or to warm up/deepen up a neutral look, though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 2:21:00 PM More reviews by hodgam8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This product has been perfect for creating a dark purple smokey eye look in my experience. I use it with Haux e/s over the lid, Star Violet toward the outer part of the lid, and then Beauty Marked in the V, plus Vex as a highlighter and its amazing

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2009 1:54:00 PM More reviews by duke27511

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this e/s. It's a gorgeous dark purple color perfect for a smoky eye, but I usually just use this with a MAC 219 pencil brush as a liner. Also, unlike other sparkly e/s that I own, the sparkles aren't "chunky" and the don't end up all over my face.

edit: e/s hasn't been working too much for me. it's too dark and i realized glitter is coming all over my face unlike what i originally said. the only reason for the three lippies is the nice color

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2009 6:18:00 AM More reviews by o0Acyd0o

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Beauty Marked was a real disappointment to me. In the pan it is beautiful, but wet or dry it just doesn't deliver. All I get is black with very very slight sparkle and since I read alot of reviews like this I won't try another pan.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2009 4:51:00 PM More reviews by heidipena

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I thought this was going to be a dark purple. When I received it I was surprised how sparkly it was. Then I swatched it and was surprised again. It's more of a black with a bit of a purple shimmer, which is hardly noticeable. On the eye, it just looks dark and blackish. Not what I was expecting at all. I didn't send it back, but I wouldn't have missed it if I did send it back.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2009 4:30:00 PM More reviews by ingrid88

Beauty Marked is strange. The colour is very misleading in the pan, because I remember that when I first bought it, I didn't even swatch it and so I expected it to be a sparkly deep plum colour. IT'S NOT. It's a velvet finish so it's kind of dry and the colour looks almost black (or maybe a very burnt purple?). The key is to use it to smoke out the outer corners of your eyes and blend inward to the crease to create a nice smokey eye. It's great to pair with purple eyeshadows on the lid. If you want a somewhat dramatic smokey eye but using a black eyeshadow is TOO dramatic, then beauty marked will do the trick.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 12:30:00 PM More reviews by BABYBLUEBMW

Wonderful as an eyeliner alone or over pencils...!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2009 5:49:00 PM More reviews by JuicyGumdrops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great crease color it's black with purple/cranberry reflects.Goes good with a purple smokey eye.& this is my first mac eyeshadow so i'm really happy!:)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 2:49:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I was hoping this would be a lovely burgundy color but its just black with purple reflects. It looks alright in the crease but it is quite difficult to blend. However, it makes a lovely eyeliner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2009 11:05:00 PM More reviews by chococat05

I really like this shadow for the outer v! It's a really gorgeous velvet black with pink/purple reflects.

The only thing I don't like about this e/s is the amount of fallout I got. I rarely get fall out even from loose pigments. However, you can reduce the amount of fallout by patting/pressing it gently on the lid.