Lancome Tresor

3.4

on 11/27/2009 8:52:00 PM

I received this as a gift and have tried to make myself like it for so long, but can't! Someone below described it perfectly - floral, but with the smell of decaying fruit! Something about it just reminds me of something dead. What a shame because it was a gift and in such a beautiful bottle.

on 11/24/2009 8:59:00 PM

This scent did not appeal to me at all and I think most if not all perfumes smell reasonably good. Could very well be personal preference, and I will give this a 2 because it is definitely unique and maybe others would find it pleasant.

This fragrance is a trip down memory lane.I loved it when it first came out.I was a struggling college student and I decided to splurge on a bottle of it.It is a classic romantic and slightly fruity.It last all day and the bottle is stunning on the dresser.I stopped using it for a few years but now I own a bottle.It is very easy to wear doesn't give me a headache and last a long time.I will continue to wear this beautiful fragrance.

on 10/19/2009 1:13:00 AM

I was curious about the reformulation, because I used up a couple bottles of Tresor when it first came out. I moved on, mostly because it was too light-fruity-peach smelling for me, and I started to think it was kind of juvenile. I tried the newer version, and all I have to say is yuck. I used to drive through peach and plum orchards at night during the summer, and the humidity combined with the scent of the fruit was wonderful. Then, invariably, the season would come to an end, and the heavy smell of the fruit starting to rot permeated my car as I drove. Orchards with leavings of unharvested fruit have a particular smell. Tresor smells exactly like orchards at night with the fruit starting to rotóit hasnít gone all the way off, just enough to give that sweetish, thick smell of decay. Disappointing, and would not repurchase.

on 9/21/2009 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this at Gordman's for $20 for a 1.7 oz. bottle, so I'd say the price isn't bad. If I had gone to Macy's I'm sure I'd feel differently. I like the smell, smells very nice, almost vanilla-y, but not quite. Maybe some sandlewood? I'm defnitely not good at iding notes in a fragrance. It works with my body chemistry while other fragrances do not seem to.

on 9/20/2009 3:30:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

DISGUSTING. just ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING. i don't understand why anybody would make a perfume that smells like this. at first it smells like cheap toilet freshener, then a mixture of sour pickles, the irony tinge of blood and a weird, spring onion gingery kind of note. nasty stuff. thank god i only got the sample. im practically tearing my wrist apart trying to get it off.

on 9/19/2009 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Apricot-peachy rose oriental scent with boozy vanilla-amber..
I love the bottle and the exquisite color. Tresor is very sweet but that
has never been a problem for me. I have gone back and forth with
Tresor over the years. The opening and top seem like bugspray
at first, but then the drydown is cozy and delicious.
Update 9/09 - I got some of the recently reformulated EDP
and it's light and smooth, emphasizing the top fruity rose notes -
very pretty. If you're one whose skin eats fragrance, you probably
won't be happy with the reformulation. But if you're one who thought
the old Tresor was overwhelming, you may love the reformulation.
I can't say enough good things about this classic fragrance. Feels
so comfortable on me. The current body cream, body lotion, and
parfum are fabulous. Tresor is perfect for autumn.

on 9/17/2009 8:51:00 AM

Lol its true, its a mature fragance but if u dont spray a lot, it smells nice!!

on 7/15/2009 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I imagine Katherine Hepburn or another fabulous movie star from a past era wearing this. Or my grandmother. Not for me.

Heck no! This stuff doesn't stink it STANKS! It is old smelling and rancid! One of the ickiest smelling fragrances I have ever smelled and it has the nerve to be a little bit sweet! Sweet and rancid is not a good blend darn you Lancome just make scents like Hypnose and Miracle forever they are more modern than this rancid crap!

Popular Fragrances