Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

3.5

INGREDIENTS: Kaolin, Silica, Zinc Laurate, Polydecene, Magnesium, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May Also Contain: Mica, Bismouth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, and Ultramarines......... (Jan 2010 )......... Ingredient list: Talc, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, lauroyl lysine, phenyl trimethicone, zinc stearate, dimethicone, calcium silicate, silica, hydroxyapatite, isostearol neopentanoate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium edta, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, mica, iron oxides.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have extremely oily skin, and generally speaking, cosmetics will melt off my face within an hour. I've added a homemade primer (MOM + Monistat) to my regimen, and I use Revlon Colorstay (Cappucino/Caramel, depends on season) on top of that, and I've gotten wonderful results.

Usually, I put the powder on top of my foundation, and it gives me a nice, smooth finish. However, it completely fails in terms of oil control - this powder does absolutely nothing. I wanted to go for a lighter look and forgo applying my foundation, so I simply put a generous layering of the Clinique powder over the MOM + Monistat primer mix. Within 2 hours, the shine was so bad that I just had to take it off; reapplying doesn't work with this powder. When I used it with my Colorstay, the results were not that impressive. I'll have to keep looking for a good matte pressed powder.

And for reference, I am Stay Sienna in the pressed powder.

Love this product...previously was using the almost powder (clinique) and using it over my liquid foundation was finding it rather cakey. This is a great powder to use with liquid foundation. The coverage is sheer and upon touch ups does not get cakey. Good stuff!!! I will grab the invisable matte next though. The stay neutral is a little dark for my VERY pale skin!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I read the reviews on here, but when I tried it out in the store, I really liked it. This product doesn't really control my oil: first the result is pretty good, but then my skin gets really oily again, and I can't really put one more layer on, because this gets really cakey!

I love the green box it comes in - big mirror. I hate the sponge, though: it's the most gross smelling sponge I've ever smelled, and the colour doesn't aloud you to see where you actually have powder, so I replaced it with another.

I can also say that I have till now only tried it over foundation, and will probably update when I have the courage to not wear foundation again, to tell you how it works on bare skin.

Don't think I'll repurchase, 'cause it's so expensive.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i just bought this and i hate it. i have oily skin and this makes it worse. i will never buy this again

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have oily skin and absolutly love this product! i've been using it for over a year now and i can't live without it. It's the one product i always carry with me. alot of people have been complaing about it looking slightly orangy, but as i'm very pale, i've always used the colourless shade 'invisable matte' and so i never have this problem. it's brilliant for setting my foundation but even if i don't have time to do my makeup in the morning i add a bit of this over my bare skin to help keep my oil at bay. I strongly recommend this powder to anyone with oily or very oily skin, it's amazing!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Bought this in the 'Invisible Matte' color. I have a hard time finding powder colors that work with my neutral skin tone. I would recommend buying this shade if you have a hard time finding colors that work. It blended in very well and stayed put for a long time. Didn't have to worry about shine all day!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product didn't work for me, I had to keep reapplying.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Another great product from Clinique. This keeps me shine free and gives me some color. I am NC 30. I use Even Better in Vanila and this powder in Honey. I wanted a shade that is darker so I can create that bronzed look and BINGO! This did it for me. I am super oily and this powder really affects the duration of my foundation. The end result is that my skin looks flawless the whole day-

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this powder as my foundation for more than a year now, every single day and I can't complain because its simply brilliant. I need quite sheer coverage and a natural finish and this does exactly these things. It lasted me about 6 months and then I had to repurchase. I love that its exactly my shade. I have it in stay honey and this is perfect for asian skin tones or tanned skin tones. Its mattifying and keeps any little shine of mine at bay :) The thing I love the most about this product is the non chemical like smell. I'm not saying its perfumed. It also has yet to break me out which is why I have been using it sooo long. I have even tried setting my tinted moisturiser with it and it adds a nice set finish without being heavy and cakey looking. All in all a great product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This would be a great powder, if it didnt turn your skin oompaloompa orange within 10 minutes of putting it on. It has a nice texture, and the compact is nice, but as with all Clinique foundation and powder, you get that orange mask like look on your face. They really need to make their products more "true to skin tones".