August 23, 2014 | 1758 users online

Pressed Powders - Clinique - Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2010 12:45:00 PM More reviews by chezz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am using Stay Neutral and usually on my Tzones area. It does helps to control the oil for a while, but after few hours, I need to touch up again with it. I am also using Clinique superfit foundation, hence it goes very well with this compact powder. Overall, it doesn't give me any breakouts unlike some other brands.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2010 1:20:00 PM More reviews by downtownbebebrown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have Stay-Matte Sheer in color 01 - Stay Buff. I am NC25 in MAC. I use this as a touch up handy purse compact. I think its OK. Nothing amazing, but it does the trick. I got this b/c i needed it in a pinch. If i am sweaty or oily this gets rid of the shine... I however will try the Elf Comp. Perf. b/c its super cheap and i hear its great.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2010 2:08:00 PM More reviews by sue188

Before I bought this I used perfectly real compact makeup, but then I decided to try stay matte to see if it helped me with my oily skin. I did not see any difference. After a few hours my skin would become oily. I also noticed that it did not offer the coverage I needed. Perfectly real is more durable and has good coverage. I would not buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by selenalikeduhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice powder if you have non-problematic skin or in other words a decent complexion. I first tried it out a couple years ago when my face was full of acne so I didn't like it at all but I think that if i were to try it now I would like it much more since my face has cleared up a lot since then. I would only use it for days when I was wearing very light makeup because it doesn't offer a lot of coverage. Overall unfortunately I think that there are a lot better powders out there!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2010 9:08:00 AM More reviews by sita25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i cannot say enough good about this powder. the consistency is great for my oily skin, and the formula is gentle and light enough that it doesn't stimulate breakouts. The color selection is otherworldy, i wear 04 stay honey, and its a seamless match. While my liquid foundation makes me look natural, this powder, when applied with the right sponge, makes me look polished (great with mascara and red lipstick!) the only downside is having to purchase a sponge every week.

i would recommend this product to all skin types except for very dry

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Janetdee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great powder especially for my sensitive skin. I bought it 6 yrs ago for first time and continue buying it. My shade was stay honey. But the last one I bought was way too dark so I guess I have to switch to a lighter shade.
Still I have to say, that I have to apply it several times a day to get rid of sheen.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 12:04:00 AM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Eh. Not horrible but not great either. I have Shade 02, Stay Neutral. The Translucent one looked yellow in the pan. My son decided to scoop out the contents in my MAC Blot Powder and my Lancome Pressed Powder so I went to Macy's to pick up a PP for my purse and got sucked in over at Clinique looking at their lip glosses. It works, I use it as a blot powder to keep in my purse ~ but it adds a lot of color if aren't careful about it (huge pet peeve of mine!). It is also VERY matte. Yes, I knew it going in to an extent. I don't like my make-up to look perfectly flat. It doesn't control shine, doesn't give me break outs or anything., It just isn't 'me'. I won't buy this one again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2010 6:40:00 PM More reviews by MissNostalgia

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I used this for a long time, but I was in a different climate.
It worked well on me in New Mexico, where its hot and dry. I didnt have any trouble with it.
But here in London where its wet and Im oily it just cakes on me weird, turns orange in an hour, and requires constant touch ups.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2010 6:10:00 PM More reviews by BO0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't really like this product because it felt heavy on my face and even though it's the right shade for my skin, after re-applying twice it made my skin look darker. Oil control was alright.. could be better.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2010 4:48:00 PM More reviews by kmercedes28

Pros:
Keeps skin mate and doesn't look cakey

Cons:
Breaks easily
sponge that comes with it is terrible